• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
GG Nightz.

You kept injuring my players :( I was worried you were going to knock one of them out for the rest of the season.

Schaub goes down for a quarter, AJ for a quarter and Slaton for a few plays in the 4th. F-ing scary.

Nightz

GG. I was ready to throw my controller so many times that game. My defense can't tackle (the broken tackles were ridiculous) or cover anything and Carson Palmer is a bum. The first two picks he threw were intended for wide open receivers, but he throws the first one behind the receiver and the second one too far in front of the receiver, both landing conveniently into a defender's hands.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Yea not sure wtf Palmer is that shitty, though your O-line wasn't helping him that much. I don't think I had a sack, but I was in his face all game. Those two throws were so off it gave me plenty of time to switch and user pick them.

Normally my guys can't tackle, hell your first or second play of the game was a 59 yard td run where you simply just leaped over my douche bag and broke free. They woke up after that, thankfully.

LiveWire

bluemax said:
Also Livewire, J Campbell 16/20 265 yards 3 TDs 1 INT. Of course most of those yards came on my RBs blowing past FMTs secondary but whatever!

I keep tellin' you man, it's no comparison. Start Campbell for 10 games or more and then let me know what kinda stats you get. :p

Rorschach

CB3 said:
billcosby.jpg

campbell was pretty good in the game. my secondary is dog shit but he hit some tight passes that would have been complete even against a great secondary so you can't chalk it up to that.

was hasselbeck hurt or did you just decide to go with the camp man for the rest of the season?

arrrgh i just realized that with gore out 4 weeks even if i make the playoffs he wouldn't play in the wildcard round.

i should have just kept him out of the rest of the game :( fucking stupid stupid stupid

Matrix

I love watching fmt have a conversation with himself.

I'll join in...

I just noticed I finally get back DeMeco Ryans from injury for my last game against the Giants. Another weapon to help me against Jacobs.

I'm 100% sure I would be fighting for a playoff spot if I had started with this Texans team :(

Matrix said:
I love watching fmt have a conversation with himself.

I'll join in...

I just noticed I finally get back DeMeco Ryans from injury for my last game against the Giants. Another weapon to help me against Jacobs.

I'm 100% sure I would be fighting for a playoff if I had started with this Texans team :(

as i always say in real life when speaking of the niners, there's always next season!

plus you will have a pretty decent pick to boot. obviously i would think you are 100% set on offense so i would think you'd go secondary.

oh and i forgot to mention after our game a few days ago that mario williams is a beast in this game. fucking tracked gore and anyone else down even when i had a 5 yard head start :(

Matrix

I'm going all D in the draft, I don't see any area's on O that I need to improve unless I decide to let Moss go via trade.

Mario is a beast, but since I don't manually control him at the line he hardly gets any sacks. Dude has the speed though to catch up to almost any HB.

Rorschach

Matrix said:
I'm going all D in the draft, I don't see any area's on O that I need to improve unless I decide to let Moss go via trade.

Mario is a beast, but since I don't manually control him at the line he hardly gets any sacks. Dude has the speed though to catch up to almost any HB.
Let's talk Moss in the off-season and I'll throw in free Mario Williams advice.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Bird: Noon est tomorrow isn't going to work for me. I have a housewarming going on now and it doenst look like it will end any time soon. Sorry dude I fucked up. Let me know when else you are around!!!

Matrix said:

I will do anything short of finding your house and sucking you off to get Mario. Let's talk!!

Matrix

ph33nix said:
I will do anything short of finding your house and sucking you off to get Mario. Let's talk!!

:lol

I would never get rid of Mario.

Ramirez said:
You want to play tonight Sable?
Nah I can only take so much losing in one day, so that's why I mentioned today hopefully that'll work for you. Let me know if you can do this morning before the nfl games

Ramirez

sableholic said:
Nah I can only take so much losing in one day, so that's why I mentioned today hopefully that'll work for you. Let me know if you can do this morning before the nfl games

I work all day, Tuesday will probably be the best time for me, going Christmas shopping on Monday. :p

Birdman02

Wellington said:
Bird: Noon est tomorrow isn't going to work for me. I have a housewarming going on now and it doenst look like it will end any time soon. Sorry dude I fucked up. Let me know when else you are around!!!

No big deal! I can probably play after the Giant's game if you want. If not, then I can play any night during the week after 9 est.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Birdman02 said:
No big deal! I can probably play after the Giant's game if you want. If not, then I can play any night during the week after 9 est.
Actually I am here! I eneded up passing out drunk shortly after that post and everyone just left. :lol

I can go at anytime broham.

Birdman02

Wellington said:
Actually I am here! I eneded up passing out drunk shortly after that post and everyone just left. :lol

I can go at anytime broham.
:lol I just responded to your pm, but I can play now if you want to.

GG denog. it was a slugfest and i honestly felt bad on that fumble TD return :lol

you are one of the very few to stop the force that is kelly james.

Birdman02

GG Wellie. MY o-line couldn't give me any time to throw in the 1st half, and that put me in the whole early. Brandon Jacobs decided to wake up in the 2nd half, and your o-line started to pick up my blitzes....wish my line could do that. :(

EDIT: As for the injury thing...Wellie lost Sintim for a qtr (I think), but that is the only injury I can remember. Nothing near as bad as the Lions/Cowboys game.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Birdman02 said:
GG Wellie. MY o-line couldn't give me any time to throw in the 1st half, and that put me in the whole early. Brandon Jacobs decided to wake up in the 2nd half, and your o-line started to pick up my blitzes....wish my line could do that. :(

EDIT: As for the injury thing...Wellie lost Sintim for a qtr (I think), but that is the only injury I can remember. Nothing near as bad as the Lions/Cowboys game.
If you would have told me you launched a controller through a wall during that game I wouldn't blame you. Apart from several passes hitting your defenders square in the chest the pick 6 by Phillips was crazy. He should have been tackled but he busted through like Adrian Peterson. And of course there was this fucking beast mode play. Jacobs was shut down all game then in the fourth had runs of 29, 28, and 35.

You are right about the blitzes being picked up by my OL. Rors pointed out to me the other day that OLs start to automatically adjust and it looked like my guys did it well because I was not under the duress in the fourth that you had me in during the rest of the game.

Sintim went down and after the second long run on the last TD drive Jacobs went down too, but it was fast. I really don't see any differences after the patch to be honest with you guys aside from the injury issue. QBs still get the ball off with guys on 'em, defenders still take horrible angles, the first down clips are still way too persistent.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
As I suspected EAs stat tracking is fucked up. Bird recorded a sack on me that does not show up on the site. I dropped back and he brought some heat with Reggie Nelson, so I scrambled to get away from it, but I ran laterally not up to the LOS. I ended up breaking out of Nelson's grasp but right into his DE. I went and checked the replay, it showed as a sack on the play summary but on the website there is nothing. Further, if I was credited with a rush, Eli only has one attempt that went for ten yards.

Last game with Luke, he was picking up a lot of third and shorts on me with MJD but the game showed him not having picked up very many third downs.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I've been debating switching from the LE position I've played for years and going with safety in order to fortify my run D. Looking over my stats with Justin Tuck it doesn't look like a bad idea: 18 tackles, 6 TFL, 3 Sacks. I've been scrutinizing my play there over the last few games, especially over the games with Luke and CB since they are at the top of the league offensively. Here is something interesting that I noticed in my game with Luke.

P. Manning 14/22, 255 yards, 2 TDs 1 Int

So 8 passes were not completed. I went back and checked all the replays of the incompletions to see what happened on those plays. One pass was dropped by Wayne, two passes were deflected by my defenders. The pick was a result of a duck being thrown up because I hit Peyton with Tuck as he threw the ball. The other four incompletions?

One
Two
Three
Four (Wayne was WIDE open on this one. This was the last play of the game with Luke down by three. Could have been disastrous).

So five passes weren't completed as a result of the pressure from Tuck, whereas my DBs only deflected two. :lol

Also, in my game with Bird earlier, the pick by Phillips was the same deal as the pick by Johnson against Luke, I hit Garrard as he was throwing and the ball floated.

Against CB I hit McNabb as he was throwing and the ball went directly into Stroud's chest, accounting for that int.

It's amazing how many sacks I'd have if not for the falling throws. These results make it hard for me to want to switch. I wish I had kept track of how many times this has happened over the years. I bet I have caused more ducks this year than my DBs have deflected passes.

Smokey

LukeSmith said:
Yeah, after the Colts game I can. Hope your birthday was sweet!

Cool, just let me know when you're ready. Either here or on AIM.

And yeah, bday was good. Just now really waking up so I'm good to go!

Smokey

Yeah something is def up with injuries. My first series in 1st qtr against colts..sproles and turner were injuried with med/severe status.

i dont know i kind of like the increased injuries even though it is going to hurt my team. prior to this week, in almost 2 full seasons the most "significant" injury i had was brandon jones (4th string wr) was hurt for 4 weeks.

but, as i said, if the majority of the league sees this as an epidemic then ill have to do something about it. but injuries here and there happen!

Striker

Scan the league's injuries and you see Lions are the only team really hit by them. I don't think it's that bad. Unless every other team loses multiple WR, defenders, OL, HBs, or whatever, then something needs to be discussed.

Top Bottom