• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
:lol i did; i made a very quickie appearance! let's just say i'm glad i couldn't catch the game live and got to do some serious tivo ff'ing through it.

also larry is ok whoo!

i leave the backhanded compliments i would otherwise make to a pro, mike sando of espn
The Cardinals played horribly Monday night and the 49ers had a lot to do with their struggles during their 24-9 victory.

The 49ers' mostly average pass-rushers become dominant ones when they face Arizona. This probably cannot be explained rationally. It's just NFC West law.

The 49ers can beat the Cardinals -- twice this season, once last season -- but they have not yet shown they can defeat enough of the other teams to make it matter in the standings.

What should matter most to the 49ers this December, barring a miracle playoff run that might require Arizona losses to the Rams and Lions, is developing quarterback Alex Smith for next season.

Smith started quickly Monday night, but he made erratic throws and turned over the ball twice. By game's end, the 49ers appeared much better off handing the ball to Gore and watching him pound away.

This development might have been specific to this game against this opponent.

But the sloppy and exceedingly generous Cardinals provided Smith an excellent opportunity to demonstrate his compatibility with Gore. The two haven't produced at a high level in the same game this season. Gore did his part, but Smith could not capitalize consistently.

The Cardinals likely will not suffer this many turnovers (7) again anytime soon. They must feel fortunate that Larry Fitzgerald's injury was not serious, and that they will not be seeing the 49ers again anytime soon.

Rorschach

FMT: we'll have to meet in my fantasy league's championship since you can't get your act together and make the playoffs here. Broken promises!

Fifty

HEY GUYS! It's me, Joey Keller!

2017.png

2nd in rushing TDs with over 100 less attempts than anyone else in the top 10. He won my heart. He won me the game.

bluemax

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
mike sando is an idiot. we didn't beat the cards last season. that's what i expect from a seachickens fan though

The ESPN crew during the game even said this would make 3 straight for the 49ers over the Cards. I think this has less to do with Sando being a Seahawks fan and more to do with ESPNs fact checking department blowing goats.

bluemax said:
The ESPN crew during the game even said this would make 3 straight for the 49ers over the Cards. I think this has less to do with Sando being a Seahawks fan and more to do with ESPNs fact checking department blowing goats.

or maybe they didn't bother watching the last 40 seconds of our game in arizona last season where we botched a 1st and goal at the 1 then chalked it up as a victory :(

p.s. rors i am in first place in my division!

DMczaf

What do English, Crabz, Gore and VD have in common?

They all did jack squat against me! I'm not scared of you anymore, old man! It's my time!

CB3 said:
Sable said he couldn't play tomorrow. So I guess this shit is going to Wednesday...

Or maybe that was someone else
Wasn't me. I plan on playing ram tonight as that was when he was free. What time can you play ram? It might need to be later like 930 or so.

Edit looks like ram ended up being available last night, oh well, I wasn't feeling well so I couldn't have played anyways

Ramirez

sableholic said:
Wasn't me. I plan on playing ram tonight as that was when he was free. What time can you play ram? It might need to be later like 930 or so.

Edit looks like ram ended up being available last night, oh well, I wasn't feeling well so I couldn't have played anyways

Don't worry about it man, we didn't get home til close to 11 EST, I was just gonna see if you were around, it's k.

I get off work tonight at 9, so that time frame works for me. :)

daw840

GG last night CB. I feel as if I would have won if it weren't for the SEVEN GOD DAMN TURNOVERS. Furthermore, I feel as though you must be using a gameshark. There is absolutely NO FUCKING WAY your DE (or maybe your DT) makes a superstar one handed fucking interception. No way.

LiveWire

storybook77 said:
If I were a Saints fan, the one team I wouldn't want to see in the playoffs is the Eagles.

Bingo. Of all the years the Eagles could make a SuperBowl run (and actually, gasp, win) I think this is the year. Eagles-Saints NFC Championship Game. Here's how it could happen:

1. Saints
2. Vikings
3. Eagles
4. Cardinals
5. Packers
6. Cowboys

Eagles def Cowboys
Packers def Cardinals
Saints def Packers
Eagles def Vikings

Lots of tough matchups for Philly, but if they can win those, they have to be favored for the SB victory.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
daw840 said:
GG last night CB. I feel as if I would have won if it weren't for the SEVEN GOD DAMN TURNOVERS. Furthermore, I feel as though you must be using a gameshark. There is absolutely NO FUCKING WAY your DE (or maybe your DT) makes a superstar one handed fucking interception. No way.
That was Kameron Wimbley. DE/LB

daw840

CB3 said:
That was Kameron Wimbley. DE/LB

That was a gameshark catch is what that was.
GG though broheim. I still think I could have beaten you if I wouldn't have beaten myself with all the damn TOs.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
daw840 said:
It's just the way the year has been going for him. Let's put it this way, his connection drops out in our second game (I was definitely going to lose anyway) and then the fucking AI takes it to me too, wtf.

Good thing luck doesn't mean shit in the playoffs.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Enough of this Madden talk. Anyone down for some L4D2 action tonight at 7 Central? I will be jumping on then. I'll just start a game and anyone can jump in.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Nightz said:
How many games are left? And is there a chance the league advances tonight?
Just one game, which is getting played around 9 tonight it seems.

Then me and peterboy FACE OFF. Sorry guys no spectator mode yet, and I wasn't able to get the justin.tv thing working so it's going to be audio-only (my comments+game sounds)on the live feed.

dskillzhtown said:
Enough of this Madden talk. Anyone down for some L4D2 action tonight at 7 Central? I will be jumping on then. I'll just start a game and anyone can jump in.

I won't be able to play anything like that untill after 10 EST. I don't think my daughter needs to see me playing that game. :lol

Also, Smokey when will you be ready to obliterate me after the advance.

BigAT

Wellington said:
BigAT I won't be able to play until Friday due to some holiday parties. I would play after but seeing as this is probably my super bowl I want to be alert and not drunk. :lol

Are you unable to play tonight too even if we advance at a reasonable time?

daw840

storybook77 said:
I won't be able to play anything like that untill after 10 EST. I don't think my daughter needs to see me playing that game. :lol

Whatever. It'll toughen her up! You have to remember the kind of shit we watched when we were kids! FORCE HER TO WATCH IT!

daw840 said:
Whatever. It'll toughen her up! You have to remember the kind of shit we watched when we were kids! FORCE HER TO WATCH IT!

Nope, her imagination is already conjuring monsters in her bedroom. It's not worth getting kicked in the back by little feet while you are trying to sleep at night.

daw840

storybook77 said:
Nope, her imagination is already conjuring monsters in her bedroom. It's not worth getting kicked in the back by little feet while you are trying to sleep at night.
:lol

Yeah, I suppose it is a bit different with a daughter. God I hope I don't have a daughter.:lol

DCX

DCX
storybook77 said:
Mine woke up to punching me in the face yelling Pinkie Pie!!! Fucking My Little Ponys.

DCX

daw840

DMczaf said:
I lived in a house full of women, so yes I watched Living Single after Martin...let me play Mortal Kombat 2 SNES, damn it! :(

Weak. Genesis is way better. The modeling is much better with fewer jaggies, and it rarely ever drops below 5 fps. Genesis is definitely the best console for this gen.

Rorschach

DMczaf said:
I lived in a house full of women, so yes I watched Living Single after Martin...let me play Mortal Kombat 2 SNES, damn it! :(
Yeah, right. You were forced to stay in that room. Get a new story!

daw840 said:
Weak. Genesis is way better. The modeling is much better with fewer jaggies, and it rarely ever drops below 5 fps. Genesis is definitely the best console for this gen.
Plus blood. Don't forget the blood!

MK sucked. It was all about SFII Turbo!

DMczaf

daw840 said:

You forget the Sound FXs and music sounded like they were coming out of an ass.

And MK2 SNES had full blood and fatalities, Rors!

Smokey

Fifty said:
HEY GUYS! It's me, Joey Keller!

2017.png

2nd in rushing TDs with over 100 less attempts than anyone else in the top 10. He won my heart. He won me the game.

goddam this cat here is dark as hell, almost purple looking.

Rorschach

DMczaf said:
You forget the Sound FXs and music sounded like they were coming out of an ass.

And MK2 SNES had full blood and fatalities, Rors!
Oh 2. I guess 1 was the bloodless one. Still sux. And you're still a Living Single watcher. And I am disappoint.

Smokey

Having a shittacular season. 8-5 but even if I win out I doubt that'll be enough to get in. Rivers must've took the year off after last seasons SB win. He had one of the top TD/INT ratios in the league, and now this man has 20/17. 20/17. Fuck. I didn't realize it was that bad. Of course most of them have been on me, but I've noticed this season more than last he overthrows the fuck outta balls which turn into INTs.

:(

story said:
I won't be able to play anything like that untill after 10 EST. I don't think my daughter needs to see me playing that game.

Might be able to play tonight. I'll have to check. I won't obliterate you, I've been getting obliterated :(.

Although if I do lose, here comes the pheeniks tank!

LiveWire

DMczaf said:

Wait, I watched both Martin and Living Single too. What does that mean?

Oh and did anyone in the league get Borderlands? And if so, what platform? I hear PC is supposed to look the best graphically, but I was told it's really a multiplayer game and 360 is the best platform for that obviously.

Top Bottom