• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Birdman02

LukeSmith said:
Good! Better get ready for your game against Rors in week 17. I had to play him in Week 16 so you get the same treat! Merry Christmas! :(

Well that's not a very nice Christmas present....especially since the only tiebreaker I hold over you is the head-to-head sweep. :( My only hope is that Storybook is right about the gamertag tiebreaker!! :lol

Is Smokey the only playoff contender that played the CPU Titans?

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
here friend

D.jpg

Rorschach

daw840 said:
I will probably win my next game, it's against the Lions (whom I have never had a problem beating,
sorry Dskillz :(
) I refuse to tank.
You. Play. To win. The Game! I like this attitude!

Lonestar said:
It's more about being actually challenged in all of my games, versus total freebies you and Ror got midway through the season. Basically, BJ pulled a Pheenik's before he left.
Bullshit. The bottom 2 teams in your division have 4 wins or less and you have a badass team. I have the Raiders and when I played the Chiefs, they had Raaaandy. Also, we probably have the toughest division. 3 teams with over 10 wins? POWDERPUFF!

Oh, and 3/4 games I've lost have been to the division. We're the new NFC East. Suck it.

ph33nix said:
so last night I got raped in a scrim by rors. oh my
Chad Henne blows. :\ I feel ya! At least Gradkowski doesn't throw wayward balls. Though, some of them do just noodle out in mid air. :(

Birdman02 said:
Is Smokey the only playoff contender that played the CPU Titans?
I got a fill-in for the Tits.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Smokey said:
So because you were "challenged" in your games..so? My style of offense happens to score more points than yours. That's part of what makes every team different. But you're acting as if that was in my/Rors control with the Chiefs when it was not. So saying I don't deserve to be in the playoffs because of some situation with another team or w/e is pretty lame.

Not challenged in that way, but challenged as in Someone showed up and played to win the game. Which didn't always happen for you. I did play Airbrian and the CJ Express the 2nd week.

I also don't think you should get into the play offs because I'll finish with a better AFC Conference record than joo. But odds are, EA doesn't give a shit about that.

I'm also wasting time at work, and wanted to kick start something, while I wait to go home.

How have I only given up 124 yards more passing than you, when you have 2 CB's, a FS, and OLB's that I would love to have??? I'm going on the hope that Carter, Butler and Chung get upgraded about 5 points, and would like Ellis Hobbs to upgrade some too, but he'll probably downgrade.

Ror, I have half a badass team. I have a shitty pass defense, and no pass rush.

LJ11

Lone, can I ask why you traded Meriweather in the offseason if your secondary was already weak to begin with? I mean you filled the hole by drafting someone, but I never understood the motivation for that trade. You also have a very fast linebacker group, one of the fastest in the league. Start dialing them up.

Next season AFCE goes up against the NFCE & AFCW correct? Should be fun.

Lonestar

LJ11 said:
Lone, can I ask why you traded Meriweather in the offseason if your secondary was already weak to begin with? I mean you filled the hole by drafting someone, but I never understood the motivation for that trade. You also have a very fast linebacker group, one of the fastest in the league. Start dialing them up.

Next season AFCE goes up against the NFCE & NFCW correct? Should be fun.

Was probably a mistake. Wasn't sure how much better he was than Chung, and Chung was younger.

But, I wouldn't have gotten Ellis Hobbs at CB, and my starters would be Butler and Bodden, who are mid 70' CB's, and having a 60 rated CB as my nickelback.

Throw in a mistake of grabbing L. Coles in that 1st Free Agent round, instead of dipping down to get the best available CB.

So, I gave up 1 of the 2 low 80's rated SS's (who wouldn't be on the field at the same time), and got an 83 CB.

I do blitz more than I used too, but that gets exposed too often against good players. Like yourself!

Rorschach said:
That is correct.

huh? the AFC east doesn't play the NFC west next season. NFC west plays the AFC north. I'm not sure which NFC division the AFC east would play next season. I just remember based on when the niners played teams in the past. I remember we played the steelers in 07, so we play that division again in 2011 :D

LJ11

FrenchMovieTheme said:
huh? the AFC east doesn't play the NFC west next season. NFC west plays the AFC north. I'm not sure which NFC division the AFC east would play next season. I just remember based on when the niners played teams in the past. I remember we played the steelers in 07, so we play that division again in 2011 :D

I meant AFCW, sorry about that.

Lonestar

LJ11 said:
I meant AFCW, sorry about that.

Wow.

Well, be prepared to win the AFCE with an 9-7 record, while me, Pheeniks, and Denogg all fight over who the best 4-12 is!

Fifty

Lonestar said:
BTW, who has Adalious Thomas now, Bob? For a 1st Round Pick? How did he turn out?

Yes. Yes. Bad enough to not make the playoffs, but good enough to win when it doesn't count.

Our deal was fair, but Bob certainly overpaid for him. My goal this year was to buy, not sell, but Bob's offer too to refuse. Maybe I would have made the playoffs if I didn't trade him..but with the pick I got, I might make them for the next 2-3 seasons.

Mrbob

Lonestar said:
BTW, who has Adalious Thomas now, Bob? For a 1st Round Pick? How did he turn out?

He has around 5 sacks and I believe 3 ints in the 8 games I've used him so far.

I got a lot of nice pieces added to my defense at the trade deadline dealing briggs and my first round pick. Now I'm finally figuring out how to use them. My backfield in CB went fro 82 and 74 to 85 and 82. My safety position went form 79 and 69 to 79 and 86. Losing Lance made me think I'd have a decent drop in the rolb position but thomas has stepped up pretty big for me. Although I would still love to keep briggs if given the opportunity. I was desperate to improve my secondary, and getting two really good players for one elite player sounded like a good trade. Then I replaced my elite ROLB with a very good ROLB with little loss in production. So I lost a superstar and a pick, but gained 3 really good players and my defense is much better balanced.

Lonestar

Fifty said:
Yes. Yes. Bad enough to not make the playoffs, but good enough to win when it doesn't count.
Our deal was fair, but Bob certainly overpaid for him. My goal this year was to buy, not sell, but Bob's offer too to refuse. Maybe I would have made the playoffs if I didn't trade him..but with the pick I got, I might make them for the next 2-3 seasons.

I think he picked me off in my LOST game against Bob...

Goddamn Kicker meter...

Fifty

Damn..who knows what would have happened had DCX and Ramirez not been disconnected in their one-score game. Now we get a 41-14 blowout and my playoff chances are pretty much dead. Sure, Ramirez could lose to the Bengals somehow, and I could win and then pray to win the voodoo tiebreaker, but I'm not counting on it.

At least if I don't make the playoffs, I only have to give up a 4th rounder to KC instead of a 3rd (LJ trade)

I was looking at Malley's name on my XBL friends list. He hadn't been on in over a month, and his status said "In Cassell we trust" as in the KC QB. He was a true KC fan (unlike daw) and I wish he was still with us. I'd feel sick giving up a pick---any pick, to someone who doesn't give a shit, like dancing maltese: pieterb0i

Mrbob

Fiddy 12-03-09 said:
Is Adalius Thomas injured? Bob, why didn't he record any stats?

I predict that the moment Bob will finally snap is when he finishes the season with a top 5 pick and realizes that he traded his first rounder away for a player who is making no significant difference for his team.

Edit: Actually, he plays the Lions, Dolphins, Somnia, and the Redskins in 4 of his last 6 games..so unless these people PROVE ME WRONG, he's got 4 easy wins there. That's right, I'm calling you people out! Beat Mr. Bob and earn my eternal respect.

Fiddy 12-16-09 said:
You should never have talked trash. You gave Bob a reason to win, beyond getting a worse draft pick, that he's going to ship to me. I had better fucking make the playoffs.

Fiddy today said:
Damn..who knows what would have happened had DCX and Ramirez not been disconnected in their one-score game. Now we get a 41-14 blowout and my playoff chances are pretty much dead. Sure, Ramirez could lose to the Bengals somehow, and I could win and then pray to win the voodoo tiebreaker, but I'm not counting on it.

2e2mopl.jpg
2e2mopl.jpg
2e2mopl.jpg
2e2mopl.jpg
2e2mopl.jpg

DCX

DCX
I can't begin to describe how disgusted I am with how my game went with ram. The second one at least. First drive in his territory fumble..then again another fumble ...int then fumble.

Then on a third and one white runs an out catches the ball on the fucking numbers gets pushed out of bounds and they call it incomplete! Can't challenge either. Next play running back runs an out pattern expecting blitz and he drops it. I blow up a er screen cb drops the ball..all my hit stick hits result in no fumbles..his does.. It was just that type of game.

DCX

lol last nfc wildcard spot is going to be between 4 teams (cards/niners, falcons, saints, bears).

dm you motherfucker i did you a favor with BigAT, now you return the favor by beating DCX!

and striker if you could beat the saints that would be awesome.

i dont have to ask BigAT for help because i know bob will choke.

just do this guys.... just do this!

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
dm you motherfucker i did you a favor with BigAT, now you return the favor by beating DCX!
He's going to tank because he knows he can't beat you. Cards have to lose for you to have a shot.

Rorschach said:
He's going to tank because he knows he can't beat you. Cards have to lose for you to have a shot.

not really. i could possibly get the wildcard if the falcons, bears, and saints lose. i could possibly get the wildcard if they all win (and i win) as well, but who knows what tie breaker they use.

IF the tie breaker is alphabetical by GT, then i would only need the falcons to lose (DCX) as the bears (MrBob) and Saints (Sableholic) would not be a factor :D

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
so what games are left. Jags Chiefs and Skins/Texans?

Come on livewire. Get it done tonight. you can try to run that Swinging Gate FG play the skins did in real life!

Rorschach said:
Pretty sure the GT thing was a joke.

i dont know, i have been researching some of it online and sadly it is the only thing that makes sense.

i've read about people having better division, conference, head to head, and points scored and stil not get in. now they could all be fabricating these scenarios but i really wouldn't doubt that GT's are the determining factor.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
CB3 said:

Come on livewire. Get it done tonight. you can try to run that Swinging Gate FG play the skins did in real life!

I don't think he gets his 360 back till tomorrow, so it can't be played tonight.

Also Livewire, when are you free tomorrow night?

Birdman02

CB3 said:

I haven't heard back from peterboy yet so...

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i dont know, i have been researching some of it online and sadly it is the only thing that makes sense.

i've read about people having better division, conference, head to head, and points scored and stil not get in. now they could all be fabricating these scenarios but i really wouldn't doubt that GT's are the determining factor.
*changes tag to 01a*

Mrbob

Wait....I just found this online:

I just learned that the tie breaker for online franchise is alphabetical order by team name (mascot not city), not the actual NFL tie breakers. So if the Bears and the Packers finish with the same record the Bears win the division. This is a fatal flaw in my opinion. I don't understand how you could have overlooked this detail. This should be something that you can easily update to the servers. Please do so ASAP.

The plot THICKENS.

It is tough to say....last year:

AstroLad > FrenchmovieTheme
Cardinals > Fortywhiners

BigAT> DarkOberto
Packers > Vikings

Both cases alphabetical order comes first in gamertag and team name.

Mrbob said:
Wait....I just found this online:

I just learned that the tie breaker for online franchise is alphabetical order by team name (mascot not city), not the actual NFL tie breakers. So if the Bears and the Packers finish with the same record the Bears win the division. This is a fatal flaw in my opinion. I don't understand how you could have overlooked this detail. This should be something that you can easily update to the servers. Please do so ASAP.

The plot THICKENS.

It is tough to say....last year:

AstroLad > FrenchmovieTheme
Cardinals > Fortywhiners

BigAT> DarkOberto
Packers > Vikings

Both cases alphabetical order comes first in gamertag and team name.

but its not "forty niners" it's "49ers". so you would think numbers come before letters!

Mrbob

Maybe...maybe not! This is Tiburon we are talking about. The game could be reading 49ers as Fortyniners so who knows for sure! Perhaps the game could also count letters before numbers?

Top Bottom