• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

daw840

AstroLad said:
sooo since so many of us are waiting for the exciting results of the ea lottery what is up with the remaining games?

chargers-chiefs: did smokey bail out? is this getting simmed?
titans-jags: birdman said he could play vs. the fill-in yesterday but i guess that didn't get done (was there even a fill in?)
vikes-lions: not sure about this one

I have been pretty busy lately, I should be able to run with Dskillz tonight if he is available.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
With about 3 games left (6 teams) I went ahead and copied the stats over as they are, in case FMT advances to the playoffs and someone finishes a playoff game, before I'd get the final stats.

Season 2 Stats

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Lonestar said:
in case FMT advances to the playoffs and someone finishes a playoff game, before I'd get the final stats.
33oth6e.gif

Birdman02

Sorry for not being able to get my game in last night. I passed out as soon as I got home last night. I should be able to play tonight, but I've got some family issues going on, so I'm not sure about a time frame.

Lonestar

Tribow = best QB. I'd say 47 passing attempts and 8 TD passes to 0 interceptions can qualify! That's a TD every 5.875 passes, more than double just about anyone else that is worthy!

If only that fucker Brady wouldn't throw so many picks...

Wellington said:
FMT, you mentioned after the F/A period last season that there would be some changes, did you finalize a system?

its likely going to stay the same as last year but we'll probably just do 2 rounds at 150 points minimum required with draft order determined by those that put the most points in. of course fullbacks and kickers/punters will not be allowed this time

p.s. league will advance tomorrow night. games that aren't done get simmed.

smokey, you need to pick the person who will fill in for your team in the playoffs in the event that the chargers beat the chiefs in the sim game! (which will probably happen)

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
CB3 said:
Donovan with the Highest QB rating for a starter :D

Dawk and Asante 1 and 2 in total INT's
Eli is third and has the highest yards per attempt among starters. That is crazy considering I don't even like going downfield whenever I do pass.

Look at Clint "Motherfucking" Sintim being a grown ass man with 8 sacks this season. :D

Nightz

How many games are left? I'm already in offseason mode so I'm just waiting for free agency and the draft. The wait is killing me! :lol

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:
its likely going to stay the same as last year but we'll probably just do 2 rounds at 150 points minimum required with draft order determined by those that put the most points in. of course fullbacks and kickers/punters will not be allowed this time

smokey, you need to pick the person who will fill in for your team in the playoffs in the event that the chargers beat the chiefs in the sim game! (which will probably happen)

I have a 360 for this evening only. I sent the Chiefs a PM a few days ago, and he has not responded. So he needs a replacement, so that I can get this last game over with.

Fifty

Smokey said:
I have a 360 for this evening only. I sent the Chiefs a PM a few days ago, and he has not responded. So he needs a replacement, so that I can get this last game over with.

Well unless you throw the game, you'll make the playoffs and be unable to play your game(s). You should assign someone to fill in for you and stand a shot at winning a 2nd straight Chargers title. I proposed that if you didn't name someone, that we'd pick the person with a record closest to yours, that didn't make the playoffs.

There's no way we can wait weeks for one playoff game. I wish there was another way.

If Pieterb01 isn't around when Smokey wants to play, we should kick him out of the league and have smokey play the CPU. It's not fair to use a fill in, since this game decides who makes the playoffs, and any fill in is going to offer an unrealistically higher challenge than PB would.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
daw840 said:
Dskillz!

You around? I would like to get our game done some time tonight in order to appease these people.

I can play tonight. Unless some hot Salma Hayek look-a-like comes to my door. So yeah, I should be able to play.

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:

It should be me, there is only one answer :)

DCX

Smokey

Fifty said:
Well unless you throw the game, you'll make the playoffs and be unable to play your game(s). You should assign someone to fill in for you and stand a shot at winning a 2nd straight Chargers title. I proposed that if you didn't name someone, that we'd pick the person with a record closest to yours, that didn't make the playoffs.

There's no way we can wait weeks for one playoff game. I wish there was another way.

There's no guarantee I'll win the game, thus no guarantee I'll be in the playoffs (horay!). Even if I win I still don't know what EA goes by to get teams in.

And no thanks on somebody playing for me if i make the playoffs. I'll pass on that one. I'll figure something out.

Smokey

Lonestar said:
Let him play the CPU. It's not like he hasn't faced It a couple times this season.

If I do get in I sincerely hope I play you. Since I don't belong in the playoffs and if I do make it it's only because I beat the CPU (which is you indicating I'm garbage), wouldn't it be sweet to face the Chargers in the playoffs?

In other news:

We are happy to let you know that your console has been serviced and will be shipped shortly.

Once shipped, you can track the location of your package on the UPS web site with the carrier tracking number that is at the beginning of this message.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
so looks like pending ironing out opponents and whatnot all three remaining games are getting played tonight!

bring on the playoffs/ea screwjob!

Rorschach

Smokey said:
If I do get in I sincerely hope I play you. Since I don't belong in the playoffs and if I do make it it's only because I beat the CPU (which is you indicating I'm garbage), wouldn't it be sweet to face the Chargers in the playoffs?

In other news:
It's not indicating that you're garbage. It's indicating you had an easier time than most. This year, we were supposed to do fill-ins. We probably won't see this matchup anyway because you're both wildcards.

daw840

Geez. Everyone needs to lay off Smokey. He's a good, reliable player, that is obviously very talented
against the CPU
at this game.
;)

Smokey

daw840 said:
Geez. Everyone needs to lay off Smokey. He's a good, reliable player, that is obviously very talented
against the CPU
at this game.
;)

You can say w/e you want, I'll always have a place in my heart for you. You hold a special place with me on Sports-GAF, and for that I am forever grateful.

Wellington said:
Will everyone be home this weekend? I'll definitely be around. Maybe we can breeze through the playoffs in this long weekend?

If I get in then nope, I won't. New Years weekend and all that good stuff.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Will everyone be home this weekend? I'll definitely be around. Maybe we can breeze through the playoffs in this long weekend?

As it stands now:

AFC:

Broncos
Bills
Steelers
Jags
Pats
Chargers/Raiders/Ravens (This is pretty crazy :lol)

NFC:
Eagles
Bucs/Packers
Bucs/Packers
Cards/Niners
Giants
Cards/Niners/Bears/Saints

So:

Chargers/Raiders/Ravens @ Steelers
Pats @ Jags

Giants @ Cards/Niners
Cards/Niners/Bears/Saints @ Bucs/Packers

Damn you EA and your tiebreakers!!!!

Will you fuckers be home this weekend?

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Smokey said:
You can say w/e you want, I'll always have a place in my heart for you. You hold a special place with me on Sports-GAF, and for that I am forever grateful.

n8vag60.jpg

Lonestar

Rorschach has it right. Not that you play like Garbage, Mr. Reigning Superbowl Champ, it's just that I dislike people getting chances at success (playoff spot) only because of a glitch/shoddy programming.

In a race that ended up in a tie between you and Ror (that both had "wins" off the BJ Big Time Show and the Titan Experiment), that even split the 2 games H2H and tied in division, the conference record should fall to him.

If I had lost to Ror, I'd have the same problem as him. You possibly getting in over me, even if I had the real world tie breaker.

This goes to the problems in the NFC West last year too.

But since you've made your intentions clear, I can expect (if we meet up in the playoffs) to have to defend copious amounts of Moldy Dairy Products.

TheCrow

Wellington said:

That would be great. I am hoping Smokey doesn't make the playoffs just so we don't have to postpone.

Rorschach

Did anyone else keep last year's standings? I kept them, but the pc I saved them on is down for the count at the moment.

Oh and someone save this year's in case it advances before I get my parts tomorrow afternoon!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Wellington said:
Will you fuckers be home this weekend?
I should be. Actually my schedule gets ugly starting next week so that would be great.

Looks like you get your rematch (me)/grudge match (FMT) Wellie. If we advance there is even a small chance I could play late tonight if you happen to be around (assuming EA doesn't SCREW me). Imagine that.

Smokey

Lonestar said:
Rorschach has it right. Not that you play like Garbage, Mr. Reigning Superbowl Champ, it's just that I dislike people getting chances at success (playoff spot) only because of a glitch/shoddy programming.

In a race that ended up in a tie between you and Ror (that both had "wins" off the BJ Big Time Show and the Titan Experiment), that even split the 2 games H2H and tied in division, the conference record should fall to him.

If I had lost to Ror, I'd have the same problem as him. You possibly getting in over me, even if I had the real world tie breaker.

This goes to the problems in the NFC West last year too.

But since you've made your intentions clear, I can expect (if we meet up in the playoffs) to have to defend copious amounts of Moldy Dairy Products.

Blame EA, don't hate on me. You even said it yourself, shoddy programming. And no Moldy Dairy Products here. What you've been doing is the equivalent of a NBA player/NFL player running at the mouth about another team. I just make a note of it so that when (if) we play somewhere down the line, I'll be sure to give you my best shot!

TheCrow said:
That would be great. I am hoping Smokey doesn't make the playoffs just so we don't have to postpone.

hahaha

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
AstroLad said:
I should be. Actually my schedule gets ugly starting next week so that would be great.

Looks like you get your rematch (me)/grudge match (FMT) Wellie. If we advance there is even a small chance I could play late tonight if you happen to be around (assuming EA doesn't SCREW me). Imagine that.
I'm not nocturnal like you (and the rest of the league) is. Latest I am willing to start a game is 10:30 EST.

I don't know what I want more - revenge against you for taking out Eli or a chance to continue to go through members of the Madden Clique by facing FMT. I just want to find out about the tiebreakers at this point to be honest (and generate the rookie class)

Fifty

He's not a member until he shows up in the thread. Once he's here, I'll play nice.

Don't defend those who don't deserve defending!

My superbowl prediction: PHI>BUF: 21-17

PBY

Banned
sorry guys... heres my deal- I'm out of town on a ski trip, and I have no access to either internet or an xbox- I'm writing this from a public library-

Smokey, i pmed you, hopefully everything turns out okay for u

Fifty

peterb0y said:
sorry guys... heres my deal- I'm out of town on a ski trip, and I have no access to either internet or an xbox- I'm writing this from a public library-

My faith in the league restored!

Nightz

peterb0y said:

He's aliiiiive!!!

Top Bottom