• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
i only ever play marvel against you :lol I wasnt living in the arcades or mashing buttons on the dreamcast like you were years before friend

CB3 said:
i only ever play marvel against you :lol I wasnt living in the arcades or mashing buttons on the dreamcast like you were years before friend

well that is true.... i even imported marvel vs. capcom 2 on dc and used the disk loader trick to play it :D

point being is you should show some pride and beat me once. just one time! infact, i will play you 20 times, and if you can beat me once i will give you my entire draft. and if you can't, you give me your entire draft!

CB3

Sike. I see the way you bring out the cheese when your about to lose in that game.

There were so many tricks on the DC. all those import tricks. Boot disks. I had NES and SNES emulation on it too.

Greg

Finally picked up the PS3 version, and I know this isn't the PS3 topic, but why in the fuck do they insist on advertising NFL Arcade EVERY PLAY at the bottom of my screen?

Is there a way to turn that shit off, and does the 360 version have the same pop-up as well?

Rorschach

Greg said:
Finally picked up the PS3 version, and I know this isn't the PS3 topic, but why in the fuck do they insist on advertising NFL Arcade EVERY PLAY at the bottom of my screen?

Is there a way to turn that shit off, and does the 360 version have the same pop-up as well?
It does if you're signed in to the internets... :(

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Greg said:

No, you can't turn it off. I don't even notice it anymore. It is a small ad so I don't mind. Previously it was a Jack in the Box ad.

NBA Live has ads as well, but they are on the courtside area like in real-life. I probably would prefer ads in Madden on stat-overlays, but the user can skip those, therefore makes ad sales tougher.

Greg

Yeah, I honestly didn't notice it until someone pointed it out, but now I can't get it out of my head. I don't mind ads if they're placed appropriately, but that ad sliding into view every play isn't.

Thanks for the replies - I guess I'll just deal with it.

Wes

venison crêpe
Hope you guys don't mind me popping by this thread...

You may have seen me in the OT NFL weekly topics recently. I'm trying to get into the sport a bit and was wondering, how newbie friendly can Madden be? I'm clued up on some of the positions but definitely can't differentiate between some of the different plays.

So if I pick 2010 up am I going to be able to survive at all? :lol

DCX

DCX
Wes said:

You may have seen me in the OT NFL weekly topics recently. I'm trying to get into the sport a bit and was wondering, how newbie friendly can Madden be? I'm clued up on some of the positions but definitely can't differentiate between some of the different plays.

You can easily beat our elite players in this league, but me, never.

DCX

LukeSmith

Wes said:

Lifelong!

On topic: Getting the basic gameplay is pretty simple. There's definitely a learning curve to learning playcalling and reading coverages - and it takes scrubs like me years to get any good at the game :(

LukeSmith said:
You can break Addai's arm, but you can't break my spirit FMT!
gg

:lol

gg! god i hate greaton manning. it would be one thing if i could say "that guy is overrated! fucking ridiculous!" but the shit you do in the game with him is the same shit he does in real life so all i can say is fuck him!

i'm not even sure how i was in that game. i think i stopped you once (on the INT). i just got lucky to get the back to back TD's (end of 2nd, first possession of 3rd).

we'll see if i have improved enough by next years superbowl lukems!

LukeSmith

FrenchMovieTheme said:

gg! god i hate greaton manning. it would be one thing if i could say "that guy is overrated! fucking ridiculous!" but the shit you do in the game with him is the same shit he does in real life so all i can say is fuck him!

i'm not even sure how i was in that game. i think i stopped you once (on the INT). i just got lucky to get the back to back TD's (end of 2nd, first possession of 3rd).

we'll see if i have improved enough by next years superbowl lukems!

You'll be playing one of the true AFC Elites, not lil old me (Rors, LJ, Smokey, Lonestar, Crow, Fifty or Ramirez - AFC is stacked!)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
LukeSmith said:
Lifelong!

On topic: Getting the basic gameplay is pretty simple. There's definitely a learning curve to learning playcalling and reading coverages -and it takes scrubs like me years to get any good at the game :(

and that's with using the Colts :p

Peyton_Manning_pic512.jpg

Mrbob

I got the protip for beating the Colts. PROTIP:

Get lucky and constantly call the right defense.

I'll shut down Peyton in season 3! The only thing that will stop my victory is constant game disconnections! :(

Rorschach

Wes said:

I think Madden is pretty decent at teaching newcomers about a few things if you play it and follow the games at the same time. There are various difficulty settings, so you can work your way up, but if you want to get good you'll probably have to play with other people. I wouldn't recommend diving right in to multiplayer when you're starting, though. And I wouldn't recommend playing random people online. :p I haven't played a random person since the Dreamcast I think. :p

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Mrbob said:
I got the protip for beating the Colts.

I'll shut down Peyton in season 3! The only thing that will stop my victory is constant game disconnections! :(

Pfft the true way to beat the Luke led Colts it to get a 56k modem Crow style and mess with him that way so he will just forfeit the game!

Mrbob

Thats how CB beat me in our playoff game. His shit ass connection made me overthrow and underthrow receivers all game.

We play under normal settings I win that game 42-14.

PS I wanted to know what it feels like to talk mess like CB does!

PPS We both know who the lucky one was that game!

Rorschach

Matrix said:
Pfft the true way to beat the Luke led Colts it to get a 56k modem Crow style and mess with him that way so he will just forfeit the game!
That only works if you have a high rated team that can beat the Colts in the sim.

CB3

Mrbob said:
Thats how CB beat me in our playoff game. His shit ass connection made me overthrow and underthrow receivers all game.

We play under normal settings I win that game 42-14.

PS I wanted to know what it feels like to talk mess like CB does!

PPS We both know who the lucky one was that game!

You cant make fun of my connection (probably the best in the league) with your shitty connection. Unless its a bad try at being ironic.

All that trash talk about how i didnt wanna see you in the playoffs didnt turn out so well huh?

Mrbob

CB3 said:
You cant make fun of my connection (probably the best in the league) with your shitty connection. Unless its a bad try at being ironic.

All that trash talk about how i didnt wanna see you in the playoffs didnt turn out so well huh?

I upgraded between games! 10mb connection, soaring high!

And no, you didn't want to see me. You had 3 fluke td plays that game and I was constantly missing open receivers on offense (3 underthrows which lead to ints. Missing Olsen for a wide open touchdown and more.). My defense was taking it to your offense most of that game. You didn't beat me, I gave that game away. But if you want to think otherwise to make yourself feel better I'm ok with that! :D

CB3

you threw 4 int's with cutler. 2 user picked by me. you had no chance bob. you went vintage cutler on me. there is no coming back from that

Matrix

Rorschach said:
That only works if you have a high rated team that can beat the Colts in the sim.

I'm not even talking about fully dropping. My game with Crow didn't drop, but damn did the bad lag mess with me. I remember not wanting to even finish cause the pauses were driving me mad.

Then again I also was using the Chiefs, I think I wasn't right in the head anyway.

LiveWire

Mrbob said:
I got the protip for beating the Colts. PROTIP:

Get lucky and constantly call the right defense.

It's not that hard, I did stop Peyton. I couldn't stop Dane Morrow though. :(

Mrbob

CB3 said:
you threw 4 int's with cutler. 2 user picked by me. you had no chance bob. you went vintage cutler on me. there is no coming back from that

Both ints were underthrows though. :(

I had your safety beat deep, but I was having trouble all game putting touch on the ball. It is ok though, I'll remember how that game played out and all your trash talk after as motivation for next season. :D

Matrix

Mrbob said:
I upgraded between games! 10mb connection, soaring high!

And no, you didn't want to see me. You had 3 fluke td plays that game and I was constantly missing open receivers on offense (3 underthrows which lead to ints. Missing Olsen for a wide open touchdown and more.). My defense was taking it to your offense most of that game. You didn't beat me, I gave that game away. But if you want to think otherwise to make yourself feel better I'm ok with that! :D

Hey he's mastered that, leave him alone!

CB3

Mrbob said:
Both ints were underthrows though. :(

I had your safety beat deep, but I was having trouble all game putting touch on the ball. It is ok though, I'll remember how that game played out and all your trash talk after as motivation for next season. :D

Please. Everyone thinks they have me beat. There is a reason why Dawk had 9 or 10 INT's in the regular season. I bait you guys all game.

Rors is really the only one that ever seems to give me trouble with playing safety

Edit: The only fluke TD was that pick 6 against CK to end the half. I was laughing like a villain the whole way back :lol

CB3 said:
Please. Everyone thinks they have me beat. There is a reason why Dawk had 9 or 10 INT's in the regular season. I bait you guys all game.

Rors is really the only one that ever seems to give me trouble with playing safety

Edit: The only fluke TD was that pick 6 against CK to end the half. I was laughing like a villain the whole way back :lol

looks like the jags "thought" they had you beat.... and then he did beat you ;)

Matrix

FrenchMovieTheme said:

Man I can't wait to get my auto W vs CB cause of the curse. Do I finally get to play him this season? I don't recall what teams the Texans faced season one since I had to drop.

edit- nm it was the real life schedule... duh

CB3

FrenchMovieTheme said:

im ok with you guys making fun of my 1 loss in 18 games this season.

I played the texans like 2 or 3 weeks before you got them matrix

Matrix

CB3 said:
im ok with you guys making fun of my 1 loss in 18 games this season.

I played the texans like 2 or 3 weeks before you got them matrix

:( Yea I went back and saw that you prison raped them.

Birdman02

Matrix said:

Didn't Luke win the simmed game against Crow this season?

Matrix

Birdman02 said:
Didn't Luke win the simmed game against Crow this season?

Yea I think he did.

My plan is broadcast my game with Luke which will cause lag, but it will still be playable enough that it won't boot us. This was annoy Luke and Peyton's timing will then be off. Finally the Texans will beat the Colts!

LukeSmith

Matrix said:
Yea I think he did.

My plan is broadcast my game with Luke which will cause lag, but it will still be playable enough that it won't boot us. This was annoy Luke and Peyton's timing will then be off. Finally the Texans will beat the Colts!

I won't play in broadcast games until it's standard across all games of Madden.

Matrix

LukeSmith said:
I won't play in broadcast games until it's standard across all games of Madden.

Even if I did broadcast, my timing would be off as well and I would still lose.

bluemax

Banned
Wes said:
Thanks for the advice chaps. Will pick it up within the week!
If you don't care about rosters or most up to date features I'd recommend finding one of the PS2 versions with the Madden training mode. I forget which years had it but that's how I got my brother to learn the game.

bluemax

Banned
CB3 said:

You almost lost to me and I was playing backups on offense!

Cold weather in Madden is the great equalizer!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
CB3 said:

:|

I was looking to fucking ice the game and go on a patented DM/CK 10 minute drive when I got the ball back to start the second half.

I wish Shawn was still in our division to make it a real powerhouse!
Nothing against you Somnia, you're our boy!

Top Bottom