• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

daw840

Wellington said:
I've been debating going to the 3-4 just to give me something to do. :D

I am actually planning on it once the old Williams retires (probably next year.) I would need to beef up my LBs though.

Wellington said:
:lol

Well if it's any consolation, our game in this upcoming season won't be close...

Yes, because all of the best players, that I've played, in our league have blown me out.....oh, wait...

:lol

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
BTW I have a glut of talent at CB. Aaron Ross is on the block. 83 OVR, 89 MCV, 87 ZCV, 83 PRS.

Considering the way people in our league pass a good CB could make a big difference.

My guys Thomas and Wright improved by 6 OVR and in some critical positions, I want to play them and Ross is asking for too much money. :lol

DCX

DCX
storybook77 said:
If I had my Falcons and left the roster pretty much alone from the beginning, I'd win the division. :D
i did win the division with the stock roster so there!

DCX

LiveWire

If Ross was 2 years younger I'd be all over it, but he's 30 now. He could be an 85 next year or an 80. But for teams who need a solid #2 CB that's a fantastic player.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LiveWire said:
If Ross was 2 years younger I'd be all over it, but he's 30 now. He could be an 85 next year or an 80. But for teams who need a solid #2 CB that's a fantastic player.
At 30? How much did Lance Briggs decline for you from 31-32?

The answer is 0.

DCX

DCX
The Atlanta Falcons have finished their off season with two more trades. The final trades of the off season. Waiting for approval from the knights of the round and i will announce details.

The teams involved were the Bengals and the Bills.

Let the speculation begin :D

Knights get at me dawgs

DCX

LukeSmith

DCX said:
The Atlanta Falcons have finished their off season with two more trades. The final trades of the off season. Waiting for approval from the knights of the round and i will announce details.

The teams involved were the Bengals and the Bills.

Let the speculation begin :D

Knights get at me dawgs

DCX

I know the LJ deal so I won't spoil the surprise.

I'm guessing a Round 1 pick swap with Nightz with players involved, probably a 2nd round pick, too. Probably trying to move up to get a safety.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
LukeSmith said:
I know the LJ deal so I won't spoil the surprise.

I'm guessing a Round 1 pick swap with Nightz with players involved, probably a 2nd round pick, too. Probably trying to move up to get a safety.

I was wondering if it was Parrish, and that he did exactly what he thought of doing. To avoid having to play him twice a year :p

LJ11

Parrish is going to the 49ers, you don't have to play him twice a year, but there's going to be someone else. There always is.

daw840

Is there any way we can extend the amount of time it allots for each pick? It seems last draft that it was going WAY too fast.

Striker

LiveWire said:
Good luck. I tried most of the 3-4 playbooks over the last few weeks in my scrimmages and my defense suffered tremendously. Granted, the personnel on the online roster is not the best for 3-4 (it's not even a good 4-3! :lol), but it's like Madden wants the NFC East to stay 4-3 (with the exception of the Cowboys of course).
There is plenty of good 3-4 formations. You just need to have precise personnel to perform the scheme. Now to be fair I've had a premier NT as well, so that always helps. But he's the most important factor, and having edge rushers helps, too.

LiveWire

Striker said:
There is plenty of good 3-4 formations. You just need to have precise personnel to perform the scheme. Now to be fair I've had a premier NT as well, so that always helps. But he's the most important factor, and having edge rushers helps, too.

Yea, you'd think Haynesworth would make a good NT, but no. Now as a DE in a 3-4, with Shaun Rogers or some other Meast at NT... :O

Orakpo fits in a 3-4, and I can deal with Nicholas as the other OLB, but aside from Fletcher I have nothing good at ILB. That's not to mention the crappy depth I inherited, which I hope to fix soon. The Giants could probably make a 3-4 work this season, with their LB/DE depth. They'd just need to draft or trade for a NT.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LiveWire said:
Yea, you'd think Haynesworth would make a good NT, but no. Now as a DE in a 3-4, with Shaun Rogers or some other Meast at NT... :O

Orakpo fits in a 3-4, and I can deal with Nicholas as the other OLB, but aside from Fletcher I have nothing good at ILB. That's not to mention the crappy depth I inherited, which I hope to fix soon. The Giants could probably make a 3-4 work this season, with their LB/DE depth. They'd just need to draft or trade for a NT.

OLBs: Sintim, Kiwanuka
ILBs: Gocong, Bradley
DEs: Tuck, Canty
DT: Stroud

If we could scrimmage with our franchise rosters, I'd have already tried this out. I think it would be a pass protection nightmare to be honest with you.

Lonestar

Wellington said:
OLBs: Sintim, Kiwanuka
ILBs: Gocong, Bradley
DEs: Tuck, Canty
DT: Stroud

If we could scrimmage with our franchise rosters, I'd have already tried this out. I think it would be a pass protection nightmare to be honest with you.

Do what I do. Create a player in your rookies, and edit the ratings to match the current level of those particular players. It's too much to do every team, and takes awhile to do your own, but perhaps just hit up the players that are the most impactful, or in this situation, the LB's/DL, to see how it'll work.

LiveWire

True I guess you could make Stroud work now, and if you committed to overhauling into a 3-4 and started drafted accordingly.... :O

Maybe the real-life Giants should follow suit considering their 2009 defensive performance.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LiveWire said:
True I guess you could make Stroud work now, and if you committed to overhauling into a 3-4 and started drafted accordingly.... :O

Maybe the real-life Giants should follow suit considering their 2009 defensive performance.
Sonofabitch. :lol :lol :lol

LiveWire said:

if you aren't happy with fat albert i'll take him for the 9th pick

LiveWire

ph33nix said:
if you aren't happy with fat albert i'll take him for the 9th pick

I'd probably take it, but unfortunately the only player in the first round I would want will be taken 1st 2nd or 3rd.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
LiveWire said:
I'd probably take it, but unfortunately the only player in the first round I would want will be taken 1st 2nd or 3rd.

Package his and your picks to move up

LiveWire

CB3 said:
Package his and your picks to move up

When the owners of picks 1 and 2 are either not here or being run by the cabal/secret society/cult that is our commissioneering group, no thanks. :lol

LiveWire said:

I guess this is where a mock draft helps :lol

Yeah, like CB said you can package. And Peter is around now, just PM him. Or post in the NHL online club thread!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
LiveWire said:
or being run by the cabal/secret society/cult that is our commissioneering group

mj.gif

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Well this sucks I have to fly out tomorrow during the draft (so I'll miss the whole thing) and then I have fucking meetings all day during the Cardinals game on Sunday. ON FUCKING SUNDAY

Thanks Jesus

LiveWire

AstroLad said:
Well this sucks I have to fly out tomorrow during the draft and then I have fucking meetings all day during the Cardinals game on Sunday. ON FUCKING SUNDAY

Thanks Jesus

That sucks. :(

I might have to go on a work trip the Sat before the SuperBowl through the Tuesday after.

The work trip is to Orlando and I'll have a car though. ;)

bluemax

Banned
Wellington said:
I spent a lot of time before the draft with NFL Head Coach 09 (AWFUL game) trying to "fix" the Lions. Unfortunately it used the previous year's draft instead of the upcoming one IIRC. I'd have taken Aaron Curry before Stafford, but whatever. :D
Curry sort of sucked this year. Especially compared to guys who went after him like Cushing and Matthews.

Rorschach

daw840 said:
Is there any way we can extend the amount of time it allots for each pick? It seems last draft that it was going WAY too fast.
60 seconds is the maximum. That's what it was set at last year. It's 15 - 35 - 60 IIRC.

daw840

Rorschach said:
60 seconds is the maximum. That's what it was set at last year. It's 15 - 35 - 60 IIRC.

Damn. It seemed like if the player you wanted was snatched up right before your pick, you didn't hardly have enough time to look at other options.

DCX

DCX
daw840 said:
Damn. It seemed like if the player you wanted was snatched up right before your pick, you didn't hardly have enough time to look at other options.
draft board kid, draft board...20-30 deep

DCX

DCX

DCX
Lonestar said:
haha, DCX is a cheater. He's already got the POT's marked.
pots mean nothing if they don't produce, Orakpo is an A yet only went up a point or two, yet Cason goes up 5 and Ryan went up 5.

Also Girley wreaked the league and is neither A or B :( It just doesn't really matter

DCX

Lonestar

DCX said:
pots mean nothing if they don't produce, Orakpo is an A yet only went up a point or two, yet Cason goes up 5 and Ryan went up 5.

DCX

:p

I want to say the fake players POT has a different result than the real players POT. Though I think LJ mentioned Alain Jackson was an A and didn't go up any. But it seems that the Rookie A's went up alot in the offseason.

BigAT said:
Lonestar, could you link to your spreadsheet with the stats from last year?

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AuuGLySv1GfCdGtMSHNybmgtelJxOGUtTXZ6bDZSUVE&hl=en

Top Bottom