• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Fifty

Since my post got bumped to the last page. Is Airbrian still in the league? I face him in week 1. The same guy whose FA draft I managed.

edit2: Airbrian hasn't posted in 8 days. League members, perhaps we are dealing with our first league death.

final edit: I have the worst 3 games (from the league site) imaginable, in terms of schedule.

Game 1 is Airbrian, who is dead in a ditch. Game 2 is Astrolad, who is away on business. Game 3 is Bluemax, who I don't think has internet. Yeah, I'm excited.

LJ11

I had the RT I wanted fall to me, and didn't even know it. Used the website, sorted by highest overall and it didn't show Payne, so I took the highest guy. Then I see AirBrain (Fifty) take him. I'm either blind, dumb, or both.

Fifty

LJ11 said:
I had the RT I wanted fall to me, and didn't even know it. Used the website, sorted by highest overall and it didn't show Payne, so I took the highest guy. Then I see AirBrain (Fifty) take him. I'm either blind, dumb, or both.

I wasn't around until round 4. Airbrian's team was autodrafted. I couldn't have had control over his team anyway for this, as owning two teams is impossible. I just did his FA draft.

LJ11

Fifty said:
I wasn't around until round 4. Airbrian's team was autodrafted. I couldn't have had control over his team anyway for this, as owning two teams is impossible. I just did his FA draft.

Yeah, totally forgot. Read your post and thought you meant rookie draft. Well he now has two stud RT.

Edit: I should just convert my RT to FB, 72 speed. :lol

daw840

Still cant sign anyone. Oh well, its time for dinner. I might try later tonight, but I doubt it.

Smokey. I can play tomorrow evening. What time is good for you?

LJ, i had mentioned earlier not to look at the "ALL" drop down because it doesn't show all players. you needed to pick "T" only and it will show you all the players. stupid EA :(

LJ11

FrenchMovieTheme said:
LJ, i had mentioned earlier not to look at the "ALL" drop down because it doesn't show all players. you needed to pick "T" only and it will show you all the players. stupid EA :(

I know you did dude, my ass was too lazy to turn on the 360, I paid for it. No worries, can always use depth, he's not a terrible player by any means.

Birdman02

Fifty said:
Since my post got bumped to the last page. Is Airbrian still in the league? I face him in week 1. The same guy whose FA draft I managed.

edit2: Airbrian hasn't posted in 8 days. League members, perhaps we are dealing with our first league death.

final edit: I have the worst 3 games (from the league site) imaginable, in terms of schedule.

Game 1 is Airbrian, who is dead in a ditch. Game 2 is Astrolad, who is away on business. Game 3 is Bluemax, who I don't think has internet. Yeah, I'm excited.

Don't worry, AirBrian is still alive. He should be back to normal league activity in the next day or so.

GCQ, Reggie Nelson will probably have like 4 picks to get back at me for trading him.

TheCrow

Going to repost this here too.

Me and Sable were able to work out a trade for a player I drafted.

WR Lance Moore for RE Ben Barrentine

Here is my new trading block:

Ryan Harris(RT) - 88
Lance Moore(WR) - 82
Chris Baker(DT) - 75
Derek Anderson(QB) - 74
Marcus Thomas(LE) - 74 - can play anywhere on the D-Line

I'd be willing to look over any offers.

Nightz

Awesome, the guy I drafted in the 5th round turned out to be a gem. :D

I only drafted him because his name was Osej. :lol Turns out he's a 98 rated kick returner!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Nightz, I can play in like 10 mins.

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:
did anyone pick up Roscoe Parrish from FA? I don't see him and LJ dropped him for me to pick up. Re-release him whoever did it!
sorry, i will right now :(

DCX

Mrbob

Kevin Payne 82 SS 4 years in the league B POT is up for trade.

Looking for a defensive player in return...corner, LOLB, DT, LE, RE.

Let me know!

Somnia

Nightz said:
Sounds good!

I got scared there for a moment! I have a RG named McQuistan. :lol

Ya they are brothers :lol I wrote mine down as a RG not a RT on my paper. Got the two positions mixed up.

Fifty

I can't wait till Madden 26, when the Steelers are rated 56 overall and I can finally win my division.

First box score of the season is in. Steelers 45, Rams 7. Since the Rams were involved, I'm going to say we'll need a larger sample size before we continue to complain about inflated scores.

4 TDs for Mendenhall. I hate that sonofabitch. The real line of the game was 14 rushes for 20 yards for SJAX..who, if he keeps that up, won't deserve any nickname. God, I hate the Steelers overrated D. I hate their big fat DT most of all.

God damn, that was brutal. That was the worst fucking game I've played. :(

Even Kyle Boller made an appearance for a play and promptly threw a pick 6 because I went to go push a and accidentally push between a and b, b registered. *sigh*

I'll be grateful to win 1 game out of my first 4. Wellington, you get to crush me next.....

Fifty said:
4 TDs for Mendenhall. I hate that sonofabitch. The real line of the game was 14 rushes for 20 yards for SJAX..who, if he keeps that up, won't deserve any nickname. God, I hate the Steelers overrated D. I hate their big fat DT most of all.

That fucker couldn't be tackled for shit. Almost half of SJax runs were to run down the clock to get the massacre over with. I was down 21-0 in no time.

DCX said:
I see your rookie WR made only one catch, did you target him much?

DCX

A couple of times....some bad timing on my part led to some picks. I was having an off night from the get go and just got crushed for it.

I was down by so much so quickly, he was able to back off and play pass.

striker when can you play?

and rors how did greg ellis work out for you at LB? or did you play him at end?

lawrence cross dropping to #17 really put a kink in my plans. now i have 3 DE's and play a 3-4.... technically 4 DE's if you count justin smith, but i play him at DT!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Put me down as the latest victim of LJ's D. Jeez. I had the right gameplan going in as indicated in the first drive but then I dunno what happened.

TheCrow

Wellington said:
Put me down as the latest victim of LJ's D. Jeez. I had the right gameplan going in as indicated in the first drive but then I dunno what happened.

Can't wait till week 3 when I get to face LJ again. Should be fun.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
It was a defensive battle to the end and he was in FG range down 17-16 under the two minute warning. He ran with Lynch and I let him walk into the EZ so I could get the ball back. But I couldn't do anything on that D and only 1 TO.

Wellington said:
It was a defensive battle to the end and he was in FG range down 17-16 under the two minute warning. He ran with Lynch and I let him walk into the EZ so I could get the ball back. But I couldn't do anything on that D and only 1 TO.

Well at least your next game will be a cake walk.

Striker

FMT, I got some things to do around the place and making myself a very, very late dinner. Seems better to try this tomorrow; we're scheduled to get a snow storm tomorrow afternoon, so I may be home all day. :\

And yes, LJ's DL is disgustingly good. Jackson, Osi, among others? It's cruel. :(

BTW:

S Brodney Pool is on the trade block: 73 ovr

Wellington said:
The way my O played in this one I have to go back to the drawing board.

If I play like I did tonight, I'll give the game to you right away. I'm hoping I put up a better fight next time out but right now I'm just really upset with myself for getting in such a big hole so quickly.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Me and Ror just test played a half with the new guys, and it left us both wondering if we've screwed our teams up :p Sure, most of it was doing out of style things, but I'm still left wondering if my Running game sucks on account of ME. Not sure I attempted a pass towards Barcley. Ror's Red Zone D is still abnormally strong for the players he has.

And I know alot of his meh'ness on offense was probably from out there just trying things, but I feel a little bit better on my pass D. If it was getting caught by the Raiders, they weren't doing much with it. 3 INT's in a half. He didn't run alot, so I don't know anything about how my run stopping D is.

I probably should have subbed in my 4th round HB, the one with 12 AWR. Just to see what happens.

Fifty

Striker said:
BTW:

S Brodney Pool is on the trade block: 73 ovr

tumbleweeds01.jpg

LJ11

TheCrow said:
Can't wait till week 3 when I get to face LJ again. Should be fun.

Yeah, normally I look forward to rematches, but I'm a bit worried that I don't have depth this year. Made too many moves, kind of miss Parrish even though Evans stepped up in the return game. Charles was alright, Baker held his own, we'll see.

Edit: Team just feels different, and without being able to practice with them it's hard to figure it out right now.

Smokey

Is anybody interested or in need of a backup SS?

I have a whole bunch of em but only 1 FS, so I'm looking for a backup to Weddle.

Smokey

Lonestar said:
Me and Ror just test played a half with the new guys, and it left us both wondering if we've screwed our teams up :p Sure, most of it was doing out of style things, but I'm still left wondering if my Running game sucks on account of ME. Not sure I attempted a pass towards Barcley. Ror's Red Zone D is still abnormally strong for the players he has.

And I know alot of his meh'ness on offense was probably from out there just trying things, but I feel a little bit better on my pass D. If it was getting caught by the Raiders, they weren't doing much with it. 3 INT's in a half. He didn't run alot, so I don't know anything about how my run stopping D is.

I probably should have subbed in my 4th round HB, the one with 12 AWR. Just to see what happens.

how?

Top Bottom