• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Nightz

Matrix said:
:lol :lol :lol

I also felt like you payed them off for that face mask penalty on the 3rd down I stopped you on in the red zone.
That was Joe Walsh who caught it and decided to run backwards. -_- But hey, I can't help it if the refs are fans of The Eagles (the band). :lol

Smokey

turner_michael.jpg

V.

apphoto.jpg

The loaded Minnesota Vikings take on the San Diego Chargers tomorrow in what many are saying could be the best game of the week. Superstar running back Adrian Peterson and crew are looking to kick off the 2011 season right against the former Super Bowl champion San Diego Chargers. The Vikings slipped in Season 2 with a disappointing showing following their breakout year in Season 1. Can JRuss and AP redeem themselves with a victory tomorrow night?

Meanwhile the San Diego Chargers are coming off of a successful but disappointing season as well. Thanks to some under hand dealing the 11-5 Chargers made it into to the playoffs before losing in the second round to the eventual Super Bowl champs by 2 points. 11-5 for many would be a great year, but not for coach Smokey : "It was tough. We set high expectations for ourselves and to come up short of the ultimate goal was disappointing. Hopefully we can get this season started off right against a very talented Vikings squad.

It should be a great game

The two teams battle tomorrow evening in spectacular GAF HD* using Smokey's handy webcam. We can't wait!

*not real HD a play on words from ESPN HD!

PBY

Banned
skills,, gg - goddam did your lions unleash an unholy beatdown on me ... its gonna be long season

edit:
LukeSmith said:
I'm sure Dskillz is awesome but he was playing basically the CPU team.

ouch

bluemax

Banned
236 yards from scrimmage, 2 TDs, 2 20+ yard runs and countless broken tackles.

And he still fumbled sigh, also your safeties must be fast because they kept catching him when I thought for sure he was gone, I almost thought he was slower than last year for some reason.

Wish I had shaken the rust off before that game, the early turnovers and sluggish passing made it hard to come back.

At least my run defense was beastly!

Rorschach

Ugh why do I have to play the fucking Colts again? Damn you, Tiburon! Fix your shit! They obviously know how the tie breakers work, but are too lazy or apathetic to fix them. Douchebags.

Striker

Daw, check your PM's.

Somnia, I will drop my 2nd rounder (guessing it was one of the two G's I have; they're the highest OVR after Grant, my 1st) to you once I find out who my choice was from Vikings in the Vincent Jackson trade (who Daw/Vikings can pick up in FA!).

EA, effing trade picks...

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
What..... what's happening to me.... energy coursing through body.... extreme feelings of.... anger....

sdk4yo.jpg

That game last night with LJ....
mad.gif

131 Yards of offense.

60 yards passing.

2 interceptions thrown.

2 sacks given up.

8 first downs.

2/8 on third down.

0-1, rest of NFC East 1-0.

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

dennis_green_feature.jpg

LJ IS WHO I THOUGHT HE WAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I demand a rematch and at this point there is only one way to get it!

DCX

DCX
It's bullshit how i play Sable week 2 and 4! That's way to close together especially for division matchups. Well, around noon we shall have an early look at these revamped Atlanta Falcons. Shall be interesting with the new defensive look from the Carolina Panthers are GOD back Stewart.

DCX

BigAT

DCX said:
It's bullshit how i play Sable week 2 and 4! That's way to close together especially for division matchups. Well, around noon we shall have an early look at these revamped Atlanta Falcons. Shall be interesting with the new defensive look from the Carolina Panthers are GOD back Stewart.

DCX

You think that's bad?! How about this:

The way the beginning of my schedule works out, three games into the season I will have played Bob 4 out of my last 5 games. That's right, over a five game stretch I will have had 80% BOB.

George-Wendt-profile.jpg

DCX

DCX
BigAT said:
You think that's bad?! How about this:

The way the beginning of my schedule works out, three games into the season I will have played Bob 4 out of my last 5 games. That's right, over a five game stretch I will have had 80% BOB.

George-Wendt-profile.jpg
Jesus! You might as well party watch through Netflix with him..

DCX

I woke up just now and my stomach still feels a burning sensation from last night's loss.

Fuck all those players who dropped passes, fuck the players who can't tackle a 2 inch dick, and fuck you virtual Ted Ginn for fumbling on MY first kickoff return and immediately destroying my gameplan less than 2 minutes in :( :( :(

There was one play where I think it was 3rd and 5, I'm down 27-21 late in the fourth, and I basically need this stop or it's over. I called a CB blitz thinking he'd run outside...well he did. There, Vontae Davis is waiting for Portis behind the LOS. Well, Portis breaks his tackle. And then my linebacker comes over to get him and then Portis breaks that tackle. Then my strong safety comes and Portis breaks him too. AND THEN when Portis gets tackled, we get the chain gang animation and its a first down by an inch.

Controller, meet wall.

Oh, and I'm keeping Addai. Ronnie Brown got injured on his 4th run of the game but he did come back... he was tearing it up too

oh and dane "Dan Marino" morrow is a beast.

AstroLad said:
Whoo MAC Address trick worked. :D

Sable I can probably play after 9 pst tomorrow night, or Saturday should be OK at various times. I could play tonight too actually if you are around.
Edit: Can't vouch for Saturday, new hotel.

BUT PETERBOY I NEED YOU TO DROP VRABEL SO I CAN PICK HIM UP

Can't do tonight after 9 pst. Saturday might be our best option, when does the week advance? If the hotel is bad on saturday we could try sunday?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
sableholic said:
Can't do tonight after 9 pst. Saturday might be our best option, when does the week advance? If the hotel is bad on saturday we could try sunday?
Cool if I get out early what's the best way to get a hold of you to see if you can play? PM?

LiveWire

ph33nix said:
I woke up just now and my stomach still feels a burning sensation from last night's loss.

Fuck all those players who dropped passes, fuck the players who can't tackle a 2 inch dick, and fuck you virtual Ted Ginn for fumbling on MY first kickoff return and immediately destroying my gameplan less than 2 minutes in :( :( :(

I can see your anger at Ginn for the kickoff, but you didn't mention his early clutch TD off of not one but TWO Redskins defenders tipping the ball in the air from a poorly thrown Kelly James pass in the redzone. I don't think sable's code or the franchise website tracks drops, but I'm pretty sure Bess or Camarillo had more than Ginn.

ph33nix said:
There was one play where I think it was 3rd and 5, I'm down 27-21 late in the fourth, and I basically need this stop or it's over. I called a CB blitz thinking he'd run outside...well he did. There, Vontae Davis is waiting for Portis behind the LOS. Well, Portis breaks his tackle. And then my linebacker comes over to get him and then Portis breaks that tackle. Then my strong safety comes and Portis breaks him too. AND THEN when Portis gets tackled, we get the chain gang animation and its a first down by an inch.

Controller, meet wall.

PortisBelt1211.jpg

ph33nix said:
oh and dane "Dan Marino" morrow is a beast.

2030.png

dan-marino.jpg

daw840

LiveWire said:

If I was really a dick, I could just log onto the stream and I would know what play he is picking.:lol

My bandwidth here sucks though, probably wouldn't even be able to play if I were to do that.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I forgot to mention yesterday how much of a BEAST Bradshaw is for returning. :lol He's an RB so he breaks tackles that WRs or CBs returning wouldn't. :lol Took one to the house last night and almost ran another one back but I was caught at the 30.

daw840

Wellington said:
I forgot to mention yesterday how much of a BEAST Bradshaw is for returning. :lol He's an RB so he breaks tackles that WRs or CBs returning wouldn't. :lol Took one to the house last night and almost ran another one back but I was caught at the 30.

Percy Harvin says hi

LJ11

Is there a way to auto re-order your depth chart? I know you can do it offline, or through online roster management, but I don't see an option in the online Franchise depth chart. Want some of my faster players to play special teams, and usually auto puts your best player on the field.

bluemax

Banned
Is free reign on remaining FAs after week 1 or is there going to be another FA period or whatever? I only ask because Curry got hurt and is out 3 weeks and I only have 3 backup LBers so now Im down to 5 healthy LBers.

Actually thinking about it, I had 4 backup LBers last season, I guess I'll just drop someone and sign Morlon Greenwood from the practice squad!

daw840

bluemax said:
Is free reign on remaining FAs after week 1 or is there going to be another FA period or whatever? I only ask because Curry got hurt and is out 3 weeks and I only have 3 backup LBers so now Im down to 5 healthy LBers.

Actually thinking about it, I had 4 backup LBers last season, I guess I'll just drop someone and sign Morlon Greenwood from the practice squad!

Pretty sure that after week 1 everyone is free game. At least, I think thats what we did last season.

DCX

DCX
Q and i were trying to get into a game but Q was getting errors maybe due to this Ultimate Team BS, he is downloading it now so maybe it will let us play. Stay tunned friends.

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
After Falcons/Panthers there are 8 games left.

When are those games getting played!? Let's get this rolling, maybe we can advance by Saturday night!

daw840

Wellington said:

When are those games getting played!? Let's get this rolling, maybe we can advance by Saturday night!

Viks\Chargers will be done tonight.

Smokey, for one, will accept his new DL overlords

Wellington said:

Don't listen to this man! Take your time, you have until Wednesday! :D

LukeSmith

LJ11 said:
Is there a way to auto re-order your depth chart? I know you can do it offline, or through online roster management, but I don't see an option in the online Franchise depth chart. Want some of my faster players to play special teams, and usually auto puts your best player on the field.

This.

TheCrow

Wellington said:

Me and Denog are probably going to play friday. I would love it if the week could advance by saturday. I want to get as many games in while I am still home and before I will need subs.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Me and Ror are playing sometime tomorrow night, barring any possible massive parades in the area. That could foreseeably get in the way.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
If anyone needs a competent FS beer me an offer, I have Rolle on the block. He's 81 rated and is pretty good for picks thanks to good MCV and an unusually high Press rating. I'd actually be looking for a high-rated offensive lineman which I know most people but me have to spare. I'm currently using Rolle as either a starting FS or a third CB (thanks to the high CV ratings) so he's not totally expendable but I can move stuff around and make the D work.

Oh btw in case this post didn't make it clear my meeting got canceled today so hopefully me and sable will be able to hook up.

Lonestar said:
Me and Ror are playing sometime tomorrow night, barring any possible massive parades in the area. That could foreseeably get in the way.

don't worry about parades yall will be stuck at home sad

and livewire im sure that other players had more drops but I think Ginn's are more magnified because 1) He's ted ginn and 2) that fumble really set me down. in case you couldn't tell, it took me the whole 10 seconds to select FG block cause i Was fuming like mad :lol

DCX

DCX
Love it! Game froze on me with two minutes to go..i'm up two TDs but he has the ball...well i told him to play it out, he scored haha...so now i wait :(

DCX

LiveWire

LJ11 said:

Yea it's like LB or something on the Depth Chart screen. I know I've seen the words "Auto Re-Order" on the depth chart screen before.

LiveWire

ph33nix said:
and livewire im sure that other players had more drops but I think Ginn's are more magnified because 1) He's ted ginn and 2) that fumble really set me down. in case you couldn't tell, it took me the whole 10 seconds to select FG block cause i Was fuming like mad :lol

I guess it's a good thing I don't know how to do that dive or belly flop into the endzone taunt... :lol

DCX

DCX
phew ! game over! GG Q, Stewart is a MAN, but the bigger man was The TANK! 19 attempts 178 yds and a TD, Hightower with 6 attempts and 2 TDs and Briggs was a machine 8 tackles along with Maybins beast performance, 4 tcks, a sack and a FF.

Nate Davis torched me through the air...the threat of Stewart is to big. Q runs on third and long, runs with the two minute drill..you can never tell. GG bro, the South is going to be strong this season.

DCX

LJ11

LiveWire said:
Yea it's like LB or something on the Depth Chart screen. I know I've seen the words "Auto Re-Order" on the depth chart screen before.

Yeah I thought the same thing last night, but couldn't find it for the life of me. I'll check again later.

Good to see Maybin paying dividends DCX.

nah i don't really care if people do that to me to be honest. there are more things to be upset about than my opponent celebrating a touchdown

fucking CB did it to me every TD after he was pummeling my ass like 129312 to nothing

Smokey

daw840 said:
If I was really a dick, I could just log onto the stream and I would know what play he is picking.:lol

My bandwidth here sucks though, probably wouldn't even be able to play if I were to do that.

Tonight's show may have been compromised by this recent development on behalf of daw.

daw840

ph33nix said:
nah i don't really care if people do that to me to be honest. there are more things to be upset about than my opponent celebrating a touchdown

fucking CB did it to me every TD after he was pummeling my ass like 129312 to nothing

Sometimes I do it just out of habit, LOL. Nothing really meant by it, but if I break a 102 yd kickoff return you better believe I am belly flopping that shit into the endzone.:lol :lol

Smokey said:
Tonight's show may have been compromised by this recent development on behalf of daw.

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Dude. I was kidding. I can't even use my router in league games so I would have no other internet devices even hooked up. Just the 360 straight into the modem.

Mrbob

Wellington said:

Hahaha it is earlier than I thought! I said friday, but wellington crying about finishing this weeks games on thursday! Relax the week just started last night. :lol

I played smokey once and I had a huge play for a TD and i decided to be a dick, before I went to the endzone I ran horizontally to the other side of the field...as I did that my team drew a fucking penalty. that's straight up karma :lol

LJ11

daw840 said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol

Dude. I was kidding. I can't even use my router in league games so I would have no other internet devices even hooked up. Just the 360 straight into the modem.

We can always direct chat, I'll relay the plays through my headset. I'll be your Ernie Adams.

Smokey

daw840 said:
Viks\Chargers will be done tonight.

Smokey, for one, will accept his new DL overlords

GAF Sports

We caught up with head coach Smokey after today's walk through to get his thoughts on the Viking defense. He told us:

"You know, they have some playmakas over there. Their defensive line is quite possibly the best in football with Allen and the William brothers. They have good linebackers and secondary players as well, so the bottom line is we know they are a good defensive team. HOWEVA we are confident that we will be ready to play. We are confident in the players we have over here, and I know personally Michael (Turner) is hearing what people are saying. They are saying Adrian is the best back in the league and if not him then Chris Johnson. You know MT. He's a competitor, and I have no doubt he will bring it tonight and have something to prove."

GAF Sports will update you throughout the day leading up to this matchup.

GCQuinton

GG DCX. Whether it was indeed the threat of Jonathan Stewart (who still got his yards, so that worked out), I walked away from this game HIGHLY impressed with how Nate Davis played. Rashad Riles also played a part in that, too. The rookie did good :lol

I'm also happy with my secondary so far. Aside from a touchdown pass early, Moss and White were relatively quiet, but Tank killed us in the running game so our first two levels have to play better. Regardless, I'm excited about this team's chances this season.

Top Bottom