• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

DCX

DCX
GCQuinton said:
GG DCX. Whether it was indeed the threat of Jonathan Stewart (who still got his yards, so that worked out), I walked away from this game HIGHLY impressed with how Nate Davis played. Rashad Riles also played a part in that, too. The rookie did good :lol

I'm also happy with my secondary so far. Aside from a touchdown pass early, Moss and White were relatively quiet, but Tank killed us in the running game so our first two levels have to play better. Regardless, I'm excited about this team's chances this season.
That Riles cat shoved off tackles, i'm going to hate him :)

Moss and White will have theirs. People have stated that having two elite WRs doesn't mean much due to people targeting only one WR anyways, well they had about equal catches and targets, also due to Tank and Hightower playing so well, it didn't factor to much in the offensive flow. I do have to point out, 3-3 TDs in the red zone and 6-8 third down % This is HUGE for me!

I have a great balance to my offense. Q is making a playoff run, trust me. His D line play with that one dude is amazing, and Nelson keeps you honest. It's going to be a tough division to play in, especially with Q reloaded, Sable and those Saints WRs and DM with his two headed RB system of Redmond and Parker, ugh :(

DCX

DCX

DCX

DCX
you get a deck of cards with shitty players to start. You play a game with said players, your performance earns you credit to buy new cards, or you can purchase card sets to make it quicker. You can play the CPU or head to head . It's cool. I played a game this AM. i beat the Cards with my shitty team that had Matt Leinart as the QB :eek:

DCX

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
DCX said:
you get a deck of cards with shitty players to start. You play a game with said players, your performance earns you credit to buy new cards, or you can purchase card sets to make it quicker. You can play the CPU or head to head . It's cool. I played a game this AM. i beat the Cards with my shitty team that had Matt Leinart as the QB :eek:

DCX

Your lucky you got him. I got Dan "Out the Back" Orlovsky

CB3

Free DLC for the game.

I could actually see this being fun playing against other people in the league. Playing Randoms will be ruined by people buying card packs with actual money

daw840

CB3 said:
Free DLC for the game.

I could actually see this being fun playing against other people in the league. Playing Randoms will be ruined by people buying card packs with actual money

Wait....what? LOL, you can actually spend money for the card packs? That kind of takes the fun out of it, no?

LiveWire

CB3 said:
Free DLC for the game.

*LiveWire has successfully added 1600 MS points to his account*

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
LiveWire said:
Is that the new card game? That's out already?

Came out today. You get a crappy team to start off with, but you can earn more coins by playing games with your team or you can buy better cards. But the MS points option isn't working at the moment. Probably the best strategy would be to use your spare MS points that are always left over when you buy something to get a great team, use the coins you earn in games to buy contract extensions and keep rolling against randoms.

It actually is a cool idea. Kind of a fantasy football twist to Madden. I can see why it was so popular in FIFA.

Nightz

I'll play you guys when I get home from work! It'll give us something to do while we wait for the week to advance. :lol

CB3

I got stuck with Raiders and Redskins uniforms in Giants stadium. Basically every team i hate

CB3

Nightz said:
I'll play you guys when I get home from work! It'll give us something to do while we wait for the week to advance. :lol

Yeah thats what i was thinking. this will be great for everyone except bob

dskillzhtown

CB3 said:
I got stuck with Raiders and Redskins uniforms in Giants stadium. Basically every team i hate

I have the Redskins stadium, Rams and Raiders jerseys. Brady Quinn is my QB.

daw840

FrenchMovieTheme said:
can you play unranked with these cards? could be fun in the downtime when you're waiting for the week to advance!

Hell yeah, I will definitely check this out later tonight.

BigAT

Isn't this just to get you hooked so you'll buy more coins/cards? I heard the amount of coins you get from winning is inconsequential compared to the amount you can buy.

Ugh, JaMarcus Russell in my starter pack. I never though I would be happy to have Kyle Boller as well, he is ranked higher.

Edit: I'll play DCX.

CB3

BigAT said:
Isn't this just to get you hooked so you'll buy more coins/cards? I heard the amount of coins you get from winning is inconsequential compared to the amount you can buy.

Ugh, JaMarcus Russell in my starter pack. I never though I would be happy to have Kyle Boller as well, he is ranked higher.

pretty much. im counting on all of us being cheap to make it fair

LiveWire

CB3 said:

6a00df351d536588330111689d2076970c-800wi

daw840

CB3 said:

LOL. I'll be cheap.

I will create a team like my offline fantasy chiefs. Joe Montana, Barry Sanders, Deion Sanders, etc.

CB3

Michael Bennett is my whole offense so far. who would have thought that sentence would ever be said

dskillzhtown

BigAT said:

Yes. But they have priced the cards so cheaply that they know they can get those points left over from marketplace purchases. If everyone else is not going to use MS bucks, I guess I won't either, lol.

LiveWire

DCX said:
buy all the cards u want, the mode is already broken, you can't invite people it's all randoms.

DCX

I recall reading EA saying something about having the ability to challenge friends. It's gotta be in there somewhere.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
That's how FIFA was. Asinine. Although it was still pretty fun until I actually did get an Ultimate Team together and then there wasn't too much to do.

CB3

2. Is it possible to play against your friends online?

2. Again, this was something we had planned but it didn't make the cut.

God if EA cant find a way to fuck everything up

BigAT

I just finished an online game that was (A) against a human (B) that I won (both of which I believe give you more coins than you would normally receive) and got 384 coins. 384 for the time it takes to finish a full online game that lasts as long as a ranked match. By comparison, the cheapest amount you can buy is just 40 MS points and that gives you...1500 coins.

Besides attempting to upgrade your team, which seems pretty impossible to do just by playing games, you need to be constantly paying coins in what is essentially upkeep. Your player cards all have "contracts" which means they can only be used in a certain number of games before they're useless and you can only keep them around by buying contract cards. Your players that get injured also need to be healed by buying injury cards.

Plus they shoved the Ultimate Team between Play Now and XBOX Live on the main menu, doubling the number of times you need to press down to get into the franchise!

CB3

I wouldnt have minded that. it probably would have been fun. if you can actually play against people you know

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LiveWire said:
I blame Bob for all of this.
I was just going to say this. Modern Warfare 2, L4D2, MVsC2, now this.... all of this is just trying to keep ourselves from being bored to death while we wait for Bob to play his games. Unreal!

CB3

I just crushed some dude online 42-10 with the deadly combination of Dan Orlovsky (11/12 146 yards 1 TD) and Michael Bennett (14 Attempts 154 yards 3 TD's, 66 Rec yards)

Striker

FrenchMovieTheme said:
striker i might be able to play tonight, but it would be after 9 pm pst. can you play? or is friday/saturday better?
I work until 11 next three nights, including tonight. We can try late, if you can. If not, Friday and Saturday can suffice.

Top Bottom