• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

DMczaf

Peterson with 11 official broken tackles :lol Which means it was probably closer to 20 unofficial broken tackles

Didn't matter what I would call, he would get hit and just run away. Hit at the line of scrimmage? Broken. Hit behind the line of scrimmage? Broken. Hit after the line of scrimmage? Broken.

daw840

Wow DM, that was a great game. First OT game I have ever played I think. My defense performed flawlessly the entire game, with the exception of one trick play HB pass sorcery you pulled. That guy was more accurate than JRuss I think, there were two white jerseys around that receiver. IDK what the hell happened there.

DMczaf said:
Peterson with 11 official broken tackles :lol Which means it was probably closer to 20 unofficial broken tackles

Didn't matter what I would call, he would get hit and just run away. Hit at the line of scrimmage? Broken. Hit behind the line of scrimmage? Broken. Hit after the line of scrimmage? Broken.

welcome to my game against the browns, only replace "peterson" with "any offensive player on the browns that has the ball"

i was reviewing the packers/eagles game, and aaron rodgers stats are as follows:

10/10, 133 yards, 1 TD, 1 Int :lol

i guess EA says if it don't touch the ground it's a completion!

Rorschach

If you get home even before the game is over, give me a holler, Dskillz.

[edit]Haha guess they'll just let the Ravens run it out. So it's over already ;)

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
FrenchMovieTheme said:
i was reviewing the packers/eagles game, and aaron rodgers stats are as follows:

10/10, 133 yards, 1 TD, 1 Int :lol

i guess EA says if it don't touch the ground it's a completion!

:lol

Man, looking back...180 yards to McFadden on 3 plays. Pfft, DUMBDUMBDUMBDUMB.

Think I'm going to change playbooks.

Whenever you're around Pheenicks, you mentioned something about flying into your city today.

Smokey

DMczaf said:

With AP you almost always have to have another defender after the first tackler to finish him off. When I played him I'd hit him knowing that there was a good chance he'd break the tackle, then I'd immediately switch to the next closest guy and mash X. Rinse repeat until that sucka goes down.

LiveWire

GCQuinton said:
Wsv77 2K3. Around halftime of the Cards-Packers game works for me.

I'm home early if you're ready now, otherwise I'll see you at halftime.

And, since these playoff games this weekend have been snoozers, for your entertainment, tonight's game between the Washington Redskins and Carolina Panthers will be broadcast live on the LSN (LiveWire Sports™ Network).

axiurc.jpg

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/livewire-sports-network

TheCrow

Lonestar said:
:lol

Man, looking back...180 yards to McFadden on 3 plays. Pfft, DUMBDUMBDUMBDUMB.

Think I'm going to change playbooks.

Whenever you're around Pheenicks, you mentioned something about flying into your city today.

McFadden's big game against me during the first season made me change playbooks as well.

DMczaf

Smokey said:
With AP you almost always have to have another defender after the first tackler to finish him off. When I played him I'd hit him knowing that there was a good chance he'd break the tackle, then I'd immediately switch to the next closest guy and mash X. Rinse repeat until that sucka goes down.

That's what I was doing, only reason why he only had 1 carry for over 20 yards. It was just a bunch of 7-8 yard chunks after broken tackles. I remember dealing with the same thing with Leron James and Keller last season, its just frustrating as hell knowing while you track a RB down knowing theres a 90% chance of you just sliding off him.

Lonestar

Still, to throw 4 INT's and give up 3 TD's of more than 50 yards, and lose by 3? I don't know what to take away with that stat, and I'm not sure Ror should either :lol

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I think ive lost my smile this season. I havent been prepping for games at all. I got angry at my loss today but after losses i usually cant wait to play next to get the winning feeling back. I have a bye week next week and im not anticipating my week 4 game at all.

hwuwuf.gif

That being said i still beat DM and came up just short against AT. Pro-Taking Ryan Grant in the 4th and a couple turnovers killed me in the game. All things considered i think i can handle a 1-1 start to the season

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Rorschach said:
If you get home even before the game is over, give me a holler, Dskillz.

[edit]Haha guess they'll just let the Ravens run it out. So it's over already ;)

Ready now? I am logging on.

Ramirez

bluemax said:
Fuck the fucking network programmers who worked on this game.

After having to direct connect just to play the game, my connection decides to shit the bed right near the end of the first half.

Awesome things I lost because of this:

LeRon James going 76 yards for a TD on the first play of the game after breaking a Polamalu tackle in the backfield.

Brandon Mebane going 92(!) yards untouched for a TAINT.

3 INTs of Roflesburger in the first half.

I was up 21-7 despite having 1 first down! Although I had just thrown an ugly pick in my own territory so meh.

Hope we can play tomorrow Ramirez, that way I don't have to take my 360 up to NorCal with me for the week.

That James run was stupid, he broke out of a tackle of Woodley AND Polamalu and did one of those spin animations where it's uninterrupted by anything you do, lolz.

I'm here now if you want to play.

I HATE weather, I really wish they would have just left it out, it's nothing but a hassle for me.

Lonestar

Sable, any chance on getting another spreadsheet on the current player ratings? With all the player moves and new players, thought I'd like to see how the landscape of our league looks like.

Ramirez

I'll be on Live playing L4D2 Blue if you're around anytime soon, just log on and we'll get it going, don't forget to direct connect! My NAT is Open, not sure what the problem is there...

LiveWire

Striker said:
are you broadcasting yet?

Waiting for GCQ, but good idea, I'll do a test run now, if you watch, let me know how it looks. There'll be no sound because something happened to my onboard audio card after upgrading to Windows 7 and I still haven't figured it out.

LiveWire

Striker said:
It looked ok as far as I could tell.

OK, as soon as I'm done with downloading Ultimate I'll load up a quick match.

Let me know if you can clearly read the score, down & distance and/or clock at the bottom of the screen during the game.

bluemax

Banned
Ramirez said:
That James run was stupid, he broke out of a tackle of Woodley AND Polamalu and did one of those spin animations where it's uninterrupted by anything you do, lolz.

I'm here now if you want to play.

I HATE weather, I really wish they would have just left it out, it's nothing but a hassle for me.

You still around?

LiveWire said:
OK, as soon as I'm done with downloading Ultimate I'll load up a quick match.

Let me know if you can clearly read the score, down & distance and/or clock at the bottom of the screen during the game.
Found it on the droid ustream viewer, although just a black screen atm. Ill try and load it again

Nope no luck

Smokey

LiveWire said:
Forgot I needed to download Ultimate Team. How did it look so far?

Seems like your blacks are really crushing, but I'm sure that has more to do with the webcam than anything. There's also quite a bit of blooming on the field. I do see you're using a Dell monitor though, and I have one of those and I noticed a lot of crushing on it when playing games which is why I stopped using it (besides a PC monitor).

Other than that it looks OK. Can't see the score since the boxes are blooming white, but for the most part you can see what's going on down the field.

GCQuinton

LiveWire said:
Waiting for GCQ, but good idea, I'll do a test run now, if you watch, let me know how it looks. There'll be no sound because something happened to my onboard audio card after upgrading to Windows 7 and I still haven't figured it out.

Hadn't heard anything from you since this morning. You free to go in 30 minutes?

dskillzhtown

Rorschach said:
Alright. Guess I'll multitask. Heading on!

GG, Stafford threw like 6 INTs and that fumble for a TD.

I really need to decide if I want to stay in this league or not. Lions seem to have just too much going against them for me to ever be competitive.

Honestly for all the high ratings Calvin has, he makes absolutely no difference in the game. Drops, not running routes correctly, getting jammed at the line like a bitch, he lives on reputation.

TheCrow

dskillzhtown said:

I really need to decide if I want to stay in this league or not. Lions seem to have just too much going against them for me to ever be competitive.

You just played Rors. Give it some time. :)

LiveWire

Smokey said:
Seems like your blacks are really crushing, but I'm sure that has more to do with the webcam than anything. There's also quite a bit of blooming on the field. I do see you're using a Dell monitor though, and I have one of those and I noticed a lot of crushing on it when playing games which is why I stopped using it (besides a PC monitor).

Other than that it looks OK. Can't see the score since the boxes are blooming white, but for the most part you can see what's going on down the field.

I'll try to adjust the contrast on my camera, then I'll restart the channel at 6 for the game. Thanks for the feedback guys!

Rorschach

dskillzhtown said:

Honestly for all the high ratings Calvin has, he makes absolutely no difference in the game. Drops, not running routes correctly, getting jammed at the line like a bitch, he lives on reputation.
GG.

Johnson did have some great plays boxing out Nnamdi and whenever it was lofted one on one, CJ won that battle. I can't think of another WR that has been able to do that. Fitz was about to out jump him, but never beat him completely like that. 7 receptions for 136 is nothing to sneeze at against the best corner in the game.

You have a good rush defense and great offense. If you shore up your passing defense, hold on to the ball instead of throwing INTs, and in turn are able to run more, you'll be more competitive. The only component you really need to fix is the pass defense.

I actually only pressed twice, btw. I was afraid to do it because Johnson owns Nnamdi. :|

[edit] btw- :lol @ DHB dropped TD turned INT. smh I don't know what I'm going to do with him.

dskillzhtown

Rorschach said:
GG.

Johnson did have some great plays boxing out Nnamdi and whenever it was lofted one on one, CJ won that battle. I can't think of another WR that has been able to do that. Fitz was about to out jump him, but never beat him completely like that. 7 receptions for 136 is nothing to sneeze at against the best corner in the game.

You have a good rush defense and great offense. If you shore up your passing defense, hold on to the ball instead of throwing INTs, and in turn are able to run more, you'll be more competitive. The only component you really need to fix is the pass defense.

I actually only pressed twice, btw. I was afraid to do it because Johnson owns Nnamdi. :|

[edit] btw- :lol @ DHB dropped TD turned INT. smh I don't know what I'm going to do with him.

Don't take any of my reaction as a diss at you or anything. Just frustration.

LukeSmith

Around the league:
FMT crushing Bengals 24-0 in the 2nd
BREAKING Ramirez and Bluemax knotted at 21 in the 4th
Livewire up 7-0 in the first over the Birthday boy

Top Bottom