• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

BigAT

A little belated on this, but GG CB. I have to say I've been happy with what my defense has been producing. Through two games: 12 sacks, 6 interceptions, 2 fumbles recovered. I was relieved as hell I was able to break that 108 yard kick return after you were able to get within 3 with 2:50 left.

I also dodged a huge bullet with Aaron Rodgers. He went down for the game at some point and I was worried it was going to be longer, but thankfully he was fine afterwards.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
BigAT said:
A little belated on this, but GG CB. I have to say I've been happy with what my defense has been producing. Through two games: 12 sacks, 6 interceptions, 2 fumbles recovered. I was relieved as hell I was able to break that 108 yard kick return after you were able to get within 3 with 2:50 left.

I also dodged a huge bullet with Aaron Rodgers. He went down for the game at some point and I was worried it was going to be longer, but thankfully he was fine afterwards.
I said wow.

Ramirez

Ah, GG Blue, thought I had gift wrapped the game to you in the final minute.

Leron James accounts for 80% of the offense. :lol

I just got sacked 4 times, I wish someone would let me in on the secrets, I have some of the best rushing LBs in the game and get squat.

bluemax

Banned
Ramirez said:
Ah, GG Blue, thought I had gift wrapped the game to you in the final minute.

Leron James accounts for 80% of the offense. :lol

I just got sacked 4 times, I wish someone would let me in on the secrets, I have some of the best rushing LBs in the game and get squat.

Yeah I fucked that up. I wanted to pick up a few more yards and get out of bounds but I think I should've kicked or run since I had the one TO. I was trying to dive when I threw it :( I need to practice kicking with my new kicker to figure out my range and get my confidence up.

I averaged 3.6 yards a pass attempt, that was an ugly game for me passing, part of why I kept the ball on the ground so much.

As for the sacks, I dunno that was one of my better games. I think I just managed to call the right plays in a few instances. I felt I got good pressure on you most of the game, was disappointed at that third and 17 TD I gave up, probably should've brought pressure or gone man.

I wish I could be on the winning end of these games more often!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
storybook77 said:
storybook1977

I won't be able to play until sometime after 10 EST.
Copy.

I'll be around, but likely won't want to start after 11 or so. I start a new assignment tomorrow. Good bye Yankee Stadium, hello estimating department. :(

gg nightz. probably felt like i did against the browns (minus the broken tackles). finally my offensive line was getting a good push and i was able to run with gore AND coffee.

i swear there has to be some type of homefield advantage because i felt like my team was a completely different team in the home game against the bengals vs. the road game against the browns. but who knows

TheCrow

FrenchMovieTheme said:
gg nightz. probably felt like i did against the browns (minus the broken tackles). finally my offensive line was getting a good push and i was able to run with gore AND coffee.

i swear there has to be some type of homefield advantage because i felt like my team was a completely different team in the home game against the bengals vs. the road game against the browns. but who knows

I think there is.

Nightz

GG FMT. That last drive of the game for me pretty much summed up the way my game went. 3rd down Ochocinco gets wide open on a slant route and Carson Palmer misses him by 5 yards. Then the field goal attempt goes wide right. Gore never went down on the first hit, and when I had him stopped in the backfield, the game would let him fall forward for a few extra yards. I think there was a bit of homefield advantage there. Oh well, I predicted an 0-16 season, so I'm already ahead of the game!

Mrbob

mrbob2k1 7:05 pm
lets roll
dboythagr8 7:06 pm
playing darksiders!

Let me play the CPU. Smokey doesn't want to get our game in.

DMczaf

Mrbob said:
mrbob2k1 7:05 pm
lets roll
dboythagr8 7:06 pm
playing darksiders!

Let me play the CPU. Smokey doesn't want to get our game in.

large_cheers-norm.jpg

LiveWire

gg GCQ. Another near-collapse by the Skins in the 3rd. Started out hot, finally hit the deep ball with Devin Thomas, two beautiful throws over the defender between the corner and the safety. Then, of course, I figure the flats will be open, but Spiderman Chris Gamble just goes to town. And your 2nd year LB Ustacwiecz or whatever is a stud, run stuffer and INT machine. And of course, the real Steve Smith just dominated. I highlighted him on both those TDs, played the right coverage, but you just spun out of one tackle and it was a footrace. Incredible.

I wish I had videos to post but in the postgame Highlight maker everything was corrupted. :(

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
gore > mcfraudden

the numbers prove it from week 2 rors!
I had to sit him because I was so far ahead. I just put in Bush instead of risking scoring or a long term McFadden injury. He still has more yards, broham!

McFadden can take weeks off because he's so good.

AirBrian

GG, Luke. Well, at least this game was competitive! Last year both games were not, so I'm feeling better. I did a couple things on defense that seemed to help out quite a bit. That said, you shut CJ down.

LukeSmith

AirBrian said:
GG, Luke. Well, at least this game was competitive! Last year both games were not, so I'm feeling better. I did a couple things on defense that seemed to help out quite a bit. That said, you shut CJ down.

Well the Rors-controlled game was the second game last year ;b
Good game, AB.

Holding CJ to 27 yards on 12 carries is as well as I'll ever play him.

Mack Jackson Injury Watch: D. Thomas knocked out in the 4th.

Somnia

GG Denogg...very defensive battle for the majority of that game. Your pass D kept me playing safe most of the game and prevented my rushing game from doing much at all except for 1 good run.

Was happy with my defensive turn out that game except for in the 4th quarter when all of a sudden they laid down it felt like :lol

Mrbob

Damn the chargers are a crazy team on d. My Oline was getting torn through like swiss cheese. :lol

I held turner in check into the 4th when he broke free. Still, played pretty well on d. Poor cutler hardly had any time to throw. I couldn't run the ball either as my oline was getting destroyed. Crazy...still I had my chances. I threw two jaypicks that lead to an easy 10 points for the chargers. One in fg range, the other returned to the goal line and ran in for a td. I hit hester on an open td pass and he dropped it. Had my chances with my oline crumbling around me but couldn't push it through! GG smokes.

BigAT

Rorschach said:
All but 1 are looking to be played tonight. :lol

Unfortunately, next week is a bye for me. :[

Same here, early season byes are the worst. Hopefully we keep up the pace that was set today so the down time isn't so bad.

I just noticed the entire NFC West lost in week 1. 7-9 division winner this year?

Smokey

Chargers improve to 2-0

GAF Sports

Nobody said all football games are supposed to be pretty, but this one was about as ugly as one could get. The Chargers managed to endure poor QB play from Philip Rivers to go ahead and defeat the Bears 26-14.

Philip Rivers finished the game 9/20 for 132 yards and one TD while Jay Cutler fininished the game 18/26 for 271 yds, 1 TD, and 2 INTs. Michael Turner (RB) had a slow start to the game before finally busting a gamechaning 53 yd TD in the 4th qtr. In fact Turner was the lone source for TDs for the Chargers accounting for a rushing and receiving touchdown. Braylon Edwards had a big game catching 5 passes for 82 yards. TE Antonio Gates finished with 0 receptions for the first time in his career.

While the Charger offense at times appeared inept, the defense picked up the slack recording 7 sacks on QB Jay Cutler. After holding superstar RB Adrian Peterson in check for 16 yards in week 1, the Charger rush defense once again showed up in week 2 holding Bears RB Matt Forte to just 2 yards. The defensive backs also showed up and recorded 2 INTs on the day.

Although the Chargers have improved to 2-0 there may be cause for concern in San Diego. The offense is struggling and it's been the stellar defense of the Chargers that have allowed the team success so far in this young season. It remains to be seen just how long this will continue, but it appears that the potent Charger offense is in a bit of a slump.

The Chargers (2-0) move on to face the Houston Texans (0-1) in week 3. The Bears (0-2) will face their divisional foe, the Minnesota Vikings (1-1) in week 3.

-------

GG Bob. That was a shit ugly game to be a part of with horrible QB play on both sides. Maybe that has more to do with the good defense of both teams though. Either way you made it tough, best of luck to you the rest of the season!

Birdman02

GG Crow. I knew it was gonna be a long day after the opening kickoff return TD, especially when I got called for holding on the next kickoff (I think I had 4 kickoff return penalties). It was fun watching my o-line completely whiff on your defense...makes it tough to do much on offense.

Already 2 games back in my division, and I get my 2nd game with Luke next. Maybe I'll have better luck, since this one is in Jacksonville. I'm really not mentally ready for another epic game.

"Would you let someone go into your house, smack your wife around, make a sandwich and change the channel on your TV?" forward Mikki Moore said. "We're disgusted with ourselves."

That's kind of how my game with Lonestar went. I'm going to forget it ever happened.

BigAT said:
Same here, early season byes are the worst. Hopefully we keep up the pace that was set today so the down time isn't so bad.

I just noticed the entire NFC West lost in week 1. 7-9 division winner this year?

hold your horses buddy! me and astro won our week 2 games! two 1-1 teams, nothing to be ashamed of!

the division winner will be either 8-8 or 9-7

TheCrow

Birdman02 said:
GG Crow. I knew it was gonna be a long day after the opening kickoff return TD, especially when I got called for holding on the next kickoff (I think I had 4 kickoff return penalties). It was fun watching my o-line completely whiff on your defense...makes it tough to do much on offense.

Already 2 games back in my division, and I get my 2nd game with Luke next. Maybe I'll have better luck, since this one is in Jacksonville. I'm really not mentally ready for another epic game.

GG It was weird how you almost had a penalty on every return. After the game I was shocked to see that Moreno only had 40 yards. I though he would have had more but at least he ended up with 3 tds. It was fun seeing a lot of my old players making plays, mostly Brace and Scheffler.

Smokey said:
Andddddddddddd once again Crow and Rors win their games as well.

It's really not fair.

motherfucker you have an "auto-win" team if there ever was one :lol

top 5 qb, "99 speed rb"/top 5 other rb, top 3 TE, good receivers, and good to great defense. if you can't win a division against the fuckings broncos, raiders, and chiefs then you have no one to blame but yourself. those 3 teams are garbage on paper (no offense guys!) ;)

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Switching back to the Patriots Playbook, I realize, I have a TE.

A TE of DOOM.

Slaton Fumble game #2!

Still, to start the game down 14-0 and finish up at 42-17, guess some stuff went right for me.

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:

top 5 qb, "99 speed rb"/top 5 other rb, top 3 TE, good receivers, and good to great defense. if you can't win a division against the fuckings broncos, raiders, and chiefs then you have no one to blame but yourself. those 3 teams are garbage on paper (no offense guys!) ;)

too bad you don't play against paper . well at least we don't in my division, can't speak for other divisions . .

auto win team lolz

LukeSmith

FrenchMovieTheme said:

:lol shots fired

LukeSmith

Lonestar said:
Switching back to the Patriots Playbook, I realize, I have a TE.

A TE of DOOM.

Slaton Fumble game #2!

Still, to start the game down 14-0 and finish up at 42-17, guess some stuff went right for me.

Pats book has amazing plays for TE.

DMczaf said:
Wheres the Madden 11 Wishlist Thread, FMT?! Its your tradition!

i wish madden '11 would have a fully functioning online franchise mode with all the same features found in single player. can you deliver this to me EA? or WILL you!

p.s. closer to madden '11!

Top Bottom