• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Smokey said:
too bad you don't play against paper . well at least we don't in my division, can't speak for other divisions . .

auto win team lolz
Shawn, CB, CK > Rors, Smokey, Crow. Too bad we got disbanded.

Only item on my Madden '11 gameplay wishlist is lead blocker control. Make it so EA!

Rorschach

Wellington said:
Shawn, CB, CK > Rors, Smokey, Crow. Too bad we got disbanded.

Only item on my Maddn '11 gameplay wishlist is lead blocker control. Make it so EA!
Former list: 1 championship
Latter list: 3 championships

I'M JUST SAYIN'

Anywhoooooo....this is a new era. An era where elite teams are way harder to beat for scrub teams. So guys like dm and fmt aren't able to be as competitive. :(

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
Former list: 1 championship
Latter list: 3 championships

I'M JUST SAYIN'

Anywhoooooo....this is a new era. An era where elite teams are way harder to beat for scrub teams. So guys like dm and fmt aren't able to be as competitive. :(
Since when? I've won two GAF leagues my friend! Not my fault the rest of these guys cant keep up.

Please, I have a mediocre at best team. A lot of guys in the 80s yes, but it's through my progression skills, no one stands out.

Rorschach

Wellington said:
Since when? I've won two GAF leagues my friend! Not my fault the rest of these guys cant keep up.

Please, I have a mediocre at best team. A lot of guys in the 80s yes, but it's through my progression skills, no one stands out.
I was bringing up the elite team thing because it makes what crow did more impressive.

And lol @ mediocre at best. Ahahahaha.

DMczaf

Wellington said:
Please, I have a mediocre at best team.

2prbm03.jpg

TheCrow

The eagles, cowboys, and giants definitely have more talent on their teams. I was only able to win because of DeSean Jackson( thanks cb) and my defensive scheme. My offense was boring and predictable but didn't turn the ball over.

LJ11

Peterboy, read when you are. I should be around for the next couple of hours.

Anyone want a scrimmage while I wait?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Striker, I'm free to lose now if you want to play. If not I'll be free 10 pm est on tomorrow night. Tuesday I'll be free earlier.

Rorschach

Matrix said:
Striker, I'm free to lose now if you want to play. If not I'll be free 10 pm est on tomorrow night. Tuesday I'll be free earlier.
If this game gets played tonight, it's the last game. :D

Bye week, can you play if we advance tonight?!

also LJ, had another productive game with roscoe parrish. the only reason i mention this is that his two catches were on 3rd down and on both of them he gets absolutely lit up but still hangs on :lol

also had 2 great PR's, and a great KR. what a difference it makes to have an actual threat on kickoffs and PR's.... and in the slot!

Smokey

TheCrow said:
The eagles, cowboys, and giants definitely have more talent on their teams. I was only able to win because of DeSean Jackson( thanks cb) and my defensive scheme. My offense was boring and predictable but didn't turn the ball over.

His two return TDs are the reason I lost to you in the playoffs.

I'm looking to give DeSean the cart animation next time we play.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I had posted earlier in this thread and striker has since posted, he must have passed over my earlier post asking when he could play.

Hoping he's around, would like to get my loss over with. Playing better Madden players using worse teams and still losing depresses me so I want this over quickly :lol

TheCrow

Smokey said:
His two return TDs are the reason I lost to you in the playoffs.

I'm looking to give DeSean the cart animation next time we play.

He's been relatively healthy after missing half of his first season with the broncos. I didn't expect him to be such a factor returning kicks because he rarely had any returns for TDs during the regular season.

LJ11

FrenchMovieTheme said:
also LJ, had another productive game with roscoe parrish. the only reason i mention this is that his two catches were on 3rd down and on both of them he gets absolutely lit up but still hangs on :lol

also had 2 great PR's, and a great KR. what a difference it makes to have an actual threat on kickoffs and PR's.... and in the slot!

Yeah, going over the middle is the worrying part. I knew you would use him well, not much speed at the WR position on your team.

That fucker fumbled a punt against Luke that got him back into the divisional game, and dropped a couple of balls against Crow. I couldn't take it anymore, and I know I'll miss his ass at some point, but I had enough. Plus, I hate the real life Parrish because he's a whiny fucking cunt who can't run a route.

Matrix

Lonestar said:
Slaton Fumble game #2!

:lol

I'll be shocked if he doesn't fumble for you every game.

PBY

Banned
LJ, ill be on Live maybe a littler sooner than 12, just invite me when u wanna play (gt = peterb0y)... i also have to dl that Ultimates Card Game bullshit, so if I dont respond, thats what im doing

LJ11

Also, whoever drafted WR Purcell you aren't using him, so how about I send a second in the next draft and you send over Purcell?

Edit: Cool, I'll be online messing around in my depth chart for a bit while you get everything straightened out.

bluemax

Banned
BigAT said:
Same here, early season byes are the worst. Hopefully we keep up the pace that was set today so the down time isn't so bad.

I just noticed the entire NFC West lost in week 1. 7-9 division winner this year?

I'm going 9-7 this year, I can feel it. Ace Garrison is getting better every week! My defense is actually solid so far this season, I just have to Jets my way on offense!

Matrix

Striker, I'll be on xbox live till 12:30, so message me there if you see this post before then and can play.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Fuck! Steve Smith out 8 weeks with a broken collarbone!

My WRs weren't even good to begin with now I have to deal with this too!?

GG Story. Your D is pretty tough I was making a ton of adjustments at the LOS.

RIP SS. :(

Wellington said:

Normally I'd just run out the clock at the end when I know I don't have a chance but this being the second week, I'm still trying to get a feel for some of my new players. I was basically using you as practice later in the game. Too bad SJax got hurt towards the end, I would have ran more to keep the clock going.

GG though. My schedule is hellish, I'll be lucky to win any games outside of the NFC West. :lol

Matrix

Wellington said:

Time to play DM ball or TE cheese Bob style.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
storybook77 said:
Normally I'd just run out the clock at the end when I know I don't have a chance but this being the second week, I'm still trying to get a feel for some of my new players. I was basically using you as practice later in the game. Too bad SJax got hurt towards the end, I would have ran more to keep the clock going.

GG though. My schedule is hellish, I'll be lucky to win any games outside of the NFC West. :lol
It's cool dude I don't mind.

Time to play DM ball or TE cheese Bob style.

:(

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Man I am really depressed about this. :(

Smith is so money and he doesn't even know it. I may have to unleash Barden on the league.... depends how I feel that day I guess. I just don't want him to hurt you guys. :(

LukeSmith

Is the Striker/Matrix game underway? We advancing tonight?

Wellington said:
Smith is so money and he doesn't even know it. I may have to unleash Barden on the league.... depends how I feel that day I guess. I just don't want him to hurt you guys. :(

I don't know if "unleash" is the right verb for a guy with 82 speed.

Matrix

Not advancing tonight it seems. No clue where Striker is and he didn't respond to my earlier post in the thread.

I won't be free to play till 10 pm est tomorrow.

PBY

Banned
fuck me sideways.... gg lj-- i honestly felt like you were toying with me the entire game, you destroyed me- i couldnt do shit against your run d

Matrix

peterb0y said:
fuck me sideways.... gg lj-- i honestly felt like you were toying with me the entire game, you destroyed me- i couldnt do shit against your run d

LJ is one of the best in the league, don't feel bad. I'm not sure how the hell I beat him once with the Chiefs. I think he had money riding on our game or something.

LJ11

Yeah, good game dude, I didn't really want to run that last one back. I was trying some new shit out on D, that Nickel Oddsplit is ridiculous against the run. How you can have two safeties in the box, have them at LB level, and still have them drop back and cover halves is beyond me. There are about 3 safeties in the league that can do that shit. Still love my 4-3 for pass coverage, though that's probably because I don't have great 3-4 personnel.

Matrix said:
LJ is one of the best in the league, don't feel bad. I'm not sure how the hell I beat him once with the Chiefs. I think he had money riding on our game or something.

Yeah, you pounded the run that game. I played well on O, I just couldn't stop Johnson. And it wasn't those off tackle runs either, shit was right down my throat. That was a fun game actually.

LukeSmith

LJ11 said:
Yeah, good game dude, I didn't really want to run that last one back. I was trying some new shit out on D, that Nickel Oddsplit is ridiculous against the run. How you can have two safeties in the box, have them at LB level, and still have them drop back and cover halves is beyond me. There are about 3 safeties in the league that can do that shit. Still love my 4-3 for pass coverage, though that's probably because I don't have great 3-4 personnel.

Nickel Odd-split is Crow's Base D I think

TheCrow

LJ11 said:

:D

Matrix

Nice. I'm the Bob game of the week :D

PBY

Banned
LJ11 said:
no worries man- and one more thing, Lynch is a fucking beast- I had 3 dudes wrapping him up in your backfield, and he breaks free for a TD... I hope one day Scooter can do stuff like that

Matrix

Ramirez said:
So is Nickel Oddsplit some type of cheese defense?

If it is.... sign me up!

TheCrow

Ramirez said:
So is Nickel Oddsplit some type of cheese defense?

Not when three receivers line up on one side of the field. But you do need the right kind of personal to run it.

I usually run a 4-6 against 2 wr sets and either Nickel, Nickel Oddsplit, or dollar against 3 and more wr sets and I blitz. My gameplans aren't a secret I just have to execute.

LJ11

peterb0y said:
no worries man- and one more thing, Lynch is a fucking beast- I had 3 dudes wrapping him up in your backfield, and he breaks free for a TD... I hope one day Scooter can do stuff like that

Yeah, that shit is bullshit dude. I'm sure Scooter will get there.

I think you can pass on Split, but it makes you one dimensional. Shit will catch up with you sooner or later though.

Matrix

LJ11 said:
Yeah, you pounded the run that game. I played well on O, I just couldn't stop Johnson. And it wasn't those off tackle runs either, shit was right down my throat. That was a fun game actually.

It was a fun game all around and actually made me willing to stick around and use the Chiefs in season 2. The patch hit, backs like LJ took a hit with speed and then I lost my mind.

LJ11

Matrix said:
It was a fun game all around and actually made me willing to stick around and use the Chiefs in season 2. The patch hit, backs like LJ took a hit with speed and then I lost my mind.

That game lured you back in, gateway drug.

Top Bottom