• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

DMczaf

wbcgg8.jpg

Hey Bluemax, whacha doin

i tested out nickle odd split or whatever its called in the baltimore playbook (i think). its an effective defense but its not unbeatable. there are a lot of defensive sets where the cb, lb, or safeties play up and then manage to make it back as well if its a pass.

it's just another way that EA negates the long ball!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
"it's just another way that EA negates the long ball!"

I'll never be good in Madden again, unless EA fixes this next year, but I'm not holding my breath.

LukeSmith

Matrix said:
"it's just another way that EA negates the long ball!"

I'll never be good in Madden again, unless EA fixes this next year, but I'm not holding my breath.

You'll be good when we play, friend. I promise.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
LukeSmith said:
You'll be good when we play, friend. I promise.

haha the cpu Colts could beat me, you would have to literally throw the game on purpose for me to win.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Messing around with things, after I created a copy of my league team to mess with. Just hit 118 points in a game, and got the "Please Stop Scoring, you're going to break the game" message. Thought that was interesting...in a sad sort of way.

Matrix

LukeSmith said:
Nah you did what I can't do - beat LJ

With the Chiefs of all teams, this years game confuses the shit out of me.

I beat Nightz with the Chiefs and he destroys my Texans team last week, who are clearly better than what I was using before.

i dont have any hard data to prove this, but it seems to me that everytime i see a blowout, or a win by 2 TD's or more, three things happened in that game:

1. the winning team ran the ball with success
2. the losing team had little success running
3. the losing team lost the turnover battle

now you might say "well no shit!", but for as powerful as the passing game is this year you really can't get by without a running game.

Matrix

I ran fine with LT, I was picked off like f-ing crazy and my favorite former Chiefs LB Johnson picked me off twice.... got a taste of it myself. My special teams is truly pathetic at tackling and gave up two kick return tds.

I clearly lost the turnover battle, but giving up 14 special team points is really awful.

I might squib kick the rest of the season.

bluemax

Banned
DMczaf said:
wbcgg8.jpg

Hey Bluemax, whacha doin

Playing Final Fantasy XIII 3 months ahead of time! Better than some of the shit ass movie games you guys play for easy gamer score!

LukeSmith said:

Haters gonna hate!

Also can someone tell me when week 3 is set to advance? If it isn't until this weekend then I'm not taking my 360 on the plane tomorrow. I really don't want to play another game on a shit ass hotel TV.

bluemax said:
Playing Final Fantasy XIII 3 months ahead of time! Better than some of the shit ass movie games you guys play for easy gamer score!

Haters gonna hate!

Also can someone tell me when week 3 is set to advance? If it isn't until this weekend then I'm not taking my 360 on the plane tomorrow. I really don't want to play another game on a shit ass hotel TV.

week set to advance this wednesday at 9 pm pst.

of course, there is only 1 game left for this week and it maybe play tomorrow night. so the league may advance tomorrow night!

Matrix

Fmt, want to scrim? If not, I'm off to sleep.

edit- scared of AJ its seems, nite :p

bluemax

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
week set to advance this wednesday at 9 pm pst.

of course, there is only 1 game left for this week and it maybe play tomorrow night. so the league may advance tomorrow night!

Right I mean the week after this one, hence why I said week 3! If we advance tomorrow night, will week 3 advance on Wednesday or Saturday/Sunday?

Striker

I have Nickel Oddsplit in my 3-4 defenses as well. It is not a bad defense, but I don't necessarily prefer it in many situations. Then again, I haven't have big success winning, so :(

Matrix said:
I had posted earlier in this thread and striker has since posted, he must have passed over my earlier post asking when he could play.

Hoping he's around, would like to get my loss over with. Playing better Madden players using worse teams and still losing depresses me so I want this over quickly :lol
Hey, I didn't even see you post. o_O

I fell asleep around 11:30 (turned laptop to hibernate earlier than that), and just now woke up. I was really tired for some reason.

If you can't play again until tonight at or after 10, that's OK. I will be around.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LukeSmith said:
Is the Striker/Matrix game underway? We advancing tonight?

I don't know if "unleash" is the right verb for a guy with 82 speed.

Sarcasm

Just shows my ridiculous lack of depth at WR.

I can vouch for Striker he was here all afternoon.

daw840

Wellington said:
So.... is your favorite team officially the Vikings now?! :lol

Not my favorite team, no, but I am rooting for them in the playoffs this year! Better than the alternatives, and I like Jared Allen quite a bit.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FrenchMovieTheme said:
i dont have any hard data to prove this, but it seems to me that everytime i see a blowout, or a win by 2 TD's or more, three things happened in that game:

1. the winning team ran the ball with success
2. the losing team had little success running
3. the losing team lost the turnover battle

now you might say "well no shit!", but for as powerful as the passing game is this year you really can't get by without a running game.
This year more than ever the turnovers determine win or loss, just like in real life. It's no secret that I pass as little as possible, but that's to eliminate ints. Those two bonehead picks against LJ killed me in week 1.

As far as rushing, if I can I like to get the ball first then run all opening drive and kill clock all the way to a score. This shows my opponent that with my ball control O, they will have very few opportunities to score, making them want to force things. I think it's more demoralizing that I like to run between the tackles, forcing blitzes from the D which I love to throw against.

Storybook did a really good job on the DL between Long and Tkach. I make it a point to run at user controlled players because a lot of guys overpursue and miss tackles, but he was really good at stopping Jake at the point of attack. Way better than I would do if I didn't have a 91 rated end.

DCX said:
Storybook, if league advances tonight can you play?

DCX

I'll be able to play if the league advances before midnight EST. I'll make sure Meebo is running on my Droid so that you can send me an AIM message when you're ready to roll.

Wellington said:
This year more than ever the turnovers determine win or loss, just like in real life. It's no secret that I pass as little as possible, but that's to eliminate ints. Those two bonehead picks against LJ killed me in week 1.

As far as rushing, if I can I like to get the ball first then run all opening drive and kill clock all the way to a score. This shows my opponent that with my ball control O, they will have very few opportunities to score, making them want to force things. I think it's more demoralizing that I like to run between the tackles, forcing blitzes from the D which I love to throw against.

Storybook did a really good job on the DL between Long and Tkach. I make it a point to run at user controlled players because a lot of guys overpursue and miss tackles, but he was really good at stopping Jake at the point of attack. Way better than I would do if I didn't have a 91 rated end.

Once again, I started the game off with a turnover. Though that one wasn't really my fault, SJax loves to fumble deep in our own territory, in the redzone, and/or when I'm running down the clock with a lead. :/ He's like an older, slower AP. :p

I think I'm going to have to look at my O-Line because my guards are letting in way too much penetration. Anyone with good DTs and DEs completely shuts my run game down.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
storybook77 said:
Once again, I started the game off with a turnover. Though that one wasn't really my fault, SJax loves to fumble deep in our own territory, in the redzone, and/or when I'm running down the clock with a lead. :/ He's like an older, slower AP. :p

I think I'm going to have to look at my O-Line because my guards are letting in way too much penetration. Anyone with good DTs and DEs completely shuts my run game down.
Don't look too hard chum, I was doing a huge amount of stunts and blitzes and doing a lot of work on my D in general. Too many people step up into the pocket or scramble up the middle against me, so I am working on collapsing the pocket as best I can. You handled the pressure really well, I was going nuts on blitzes.

Mrbob

Must be nice to have real offensive lines that like to block for the run and pass. :D

I'm shutting down the giants running game later this year though!

Tanking this season, but I want at least 1 win against the gmen! I need an elite offensive lineman to anchor my team. 1-15 future!

Wellington said:
Don't look too hard chum, I was doing a huge amount of stunts and blitzes and doing a lot of work on my D in general. Too many people step up into the pocket or scramble up the middle against me, so I am working on collapsing the pocket as best I can. You handled the pressure really well, I was going nuts on blitzes.

Yea, I just need to upgrade my guard positions, and left tackle on the oline the next offseason. I still need to upgrade the secondary as well as my LOLB. I have a good young core on the Dline though with good POT.

daw840

Just as a question. How often do you guys pull a couple of your DL back in zone and have to LBs blitz? It seems every time I do that, I get burned.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Mrbob said:
Must be nice to have real offensive lines that like to block for the run and pass. :D

I'm shutting down the giants running game later this year though!

Tanking this season, but I want at least 1 win against the gmen! I need an elite offensive lineman to anchor my team. 1-15 future!
You really overrate my OL. From left to right their OVRs are 83, 85, 82, 94, 81 and they are regressing because of age. My RT is a third year player and my C is a beast from last years draft. I know full well you win games in the trenches, hence I am actively rebuilding! I have a lot of depth but not anything I would start.

Just for this I am dropping a double C Note on you!

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
daw840 said:
Just as a question. How often do you guys pull a couple of your DL back in zone and have to LBs blitz? It seems every time I do that, I get burned.

I would think the DL's Zone Coverage rating would be too low to do that.

daw840

dskillzhtown said:

Yeah, that is the problem, but it seems like my playbook has at least 5 zone blitz plays that pull 1 or 2 DL back into coverage.

Mrbob

Wellington said:
You really overrate my OL. From left to right their OVRs are 83, 85, 82, 94, 81 and they are regressing because of age. My RT is a third year player and my C is a beast from last years draft. I know full well you win games in the trenches, hence I am actively rebuilding! I have a lot of depth but not anything I would start.

Hahaha, we'll see.

My starting right tackle actually got hurt in my game against smokey. That killed my line because my backup was getting pushed around. I took 7 sacks that game. :x Poor Jay got pounded like in real life. :lol Even on pass completions he was getting hit. Thankfully my RT is back to play!

Lonestar

dskillzhtown said:

yes, but the idea is to make things confusing on the other team. Say, he see's the CB blitz, and his WR is running a slant. He figures "I got this" and tosses him the ball, not seeing the DE has dropped back right in front of him. Now, he might make a play, and he might not, but I think that's part of the premise for it.

daw840

Lonestar said:
yes, but the idea is to make things confusing on the other team. Say, he see's the CB blitz, and his WR is running a slant. He figures "I got this" and tosses him the ball, not seeing the DE has dropped back right in front of him. Now, he might make a play, and he might not, but I think that's part of the premise for it.

Yeah, there is a zone blitz play in my book that has both CBs and both DEs blitzing and the DTs falling back into coverage. I don't think either of the Williams' are going to be doing any real coverage.

LukeSmith

Wellington said:

I think I have one of the best OLines in the game and yours is still better!: 80, 79, 93, 86, 80.

Lonestar

mim44w.gif

Posting for future use, when I throw 5 INT's against LJ (or better yet, Fifty), and lose once again.

LiveWire

Wellington said:

'fuck outta here with that shit. :p That's a damn good O-line in Madden.

LiveWire

daw840 said:
Yeah, that is the problem, but it seems like my playbook has at least 5 zone blitz plays that pull 1 or 2 DL back into coverage.

The Skins playbook has those too. I try and save them for when backups with bettter coverage rating are in the game. Haynesworth almost had a pick once, though. :lol You're better off calling ones in which a DE goes into coverage, as long as you have a fast DE. This year I have Orakpo, so I have a lot of flexibility in that regard. (85 as OLB, 93 as DE). I would think Jared Allen would do well for you in limited coverage.

Top Bottom