• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

daw840

LiveWire said:
The Skins playbook has those too. I try and save them for when backups with bettter coverage rating are in the game. Haynesworth almost had a pick once, though. :lol You're better off calling ones in which a DE goes into coverage, as long as you have a fast DE. This year I have Orakpo, so I have a lot of flexibility in that regard. (85 as OLB, 93 as DE). I would think Jared Allen would do well for you in limited coverage.

Allen does OK, but I get much better results with him either murdering a RB or flattening a QB.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LiveWire said:
'fuck outta here with that shit. :p That's a damn good O-line in Madden.
They were way better before aging so quickly. It was something like 88, 89, 91, 97, 87.

I took like 6 sacks in the entirety of season 1. :D

Within a few years time they will be beastly again, don't worry.

AirBrian

LukeSmith said:
"Bob game of the week" winners thus far (guilty party in bold):
Week 1: Fifty and AirBrian
Week 2: Striker and Matrix
Hey there was like a Tuesday deadline and we had the game scheduled for Sunday. I stayed up way late on Saturday night to get the game in. Sheesh!

LiveWire

Wellington said:
They were way better before aging so quickly. It was something like 88, 89, 91, 97, 87.

I took like 6 sacks in the entirety of season 1. :D

Within a few years time they will be beastly again, don't worry.

Did you say beast? Oh shit now look what you did...

albert-haynesworth-2009-9-13-20-10-15.jpg

LiveWire

Wellington said:
Haynesworth will once again get handled by either Snee or Atkinson, whichever one of them is bored enough to block him into oblivion.

:lol Even if that were the case, Albert's got a friend next to him:

orakpo122109jpg-714fd32769d41e0e_large.jpg

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Wellie: I got to my new hotel in LA and the TV doesn't have an HDMI in. So I ordered an AV Cable from Amazon that should be getting here tomorrow, meaning I could probably play late tomorrow night? That's assuming I can hook up to Live and everything like regular, but I'm pretty good at that by now. If everything just gets fucked up you could just play a sub or whatever.

AirBrian said:
Sable, what day works for you? I'll be free in the evenings this week (after say 6PM-ish CST).

Have we advanced? I might be able to do tonight at that timeframe if you can?

Edit: Ah lame looks like it hasn't advanced and won't until later tonight. So yea tonights a no go. I can probably do one of the other nights around 9:30est, any day best for you?

daw840

I will have to say, Astro, you are definitely the most dedicated player in this league. Drafting from an airplane, buying connections to use only once, good show man.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
daw840 said:
I will have to say, Astro, you are definitely the most dedicated player in this league. Drafting from an airplane, buying connections to use only once, good show man.
*bows* It's useful to have an extra AV hookup too because disconnecting everything from the HT setup is a huge pain (why I only brought the HDMI cable with me in the first place) if I ever want to take the 360 anywhere.

AirBrian

sableholic said:
Have we advanced? I might be able to do tonight at that timeframe if you can?

Edit: Ah lame looks like it hasn't advanced and won't until later tonight. So yea tonights a no go. I can probably do one of the other nights around 9:30est, any day best for you?
I'm good either night, so it's whatever works best for you.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
AstroLad said:
Wellie: I got to my new hotel in LA and the TV doesn't have an HDMI in. So I ordered an AV Cable from Amazon that should be getting here tomorrow, meaning I could probably play late tomorrow night? That's assuming I can hook up to Live and everything like regular, but I'm pretty good at that by now. If everything just gets fucked up you could just play a sub or whatever.

Shit I PMed you without seeing this.

How late is late? If anything I would probably take a nap and wake up for our game.

Must be nice to be rich and able to buy all of these expensive HD connectors and draft from a plane!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Wellington said:
Shit I PMed you without seeing this.

How late is late? If anything I would probably take a nap and wake up for our game.

Must be nice to be rich and able to buy all of these expensive HD connectors and draft from a plane!
Got your PM. I'm not rich I'm working! Actually the plane thing was either free or $10. You can now connect to the 'Net on I think most United cross-country flights. Unfortunately it did me no good. Apparently we can have in-flight Internet but EA can't figure out a way to get a functioning draft site I can use with that in-Flight Internet. I'll keep you posted via PM so it doesn't get lost in this thread. I'm not even sure Amazon will get me the cable by tomorrow (I have prime, so 2-day shipping on that) but there's a pretty good chance and then we can take it from there.

AstroLad said:

you should have told me! i have extra component/av cables and live in los angeles!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Striker, I can play in 30 mins at 5 if you're around. If not, I'll be ready to play at 10 pm est.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
FrenchMovieTheme said:
you should have told me! i have extra component/av cables and live in los angeles!
Hyatt Century Plaza. I will meet you in the lobby at 10 PM. I will be the guy in the nude.

Rorschach

AstroLad said:
Hyatt Century Plaza. I will meet you in the lobby at 10 PM. I will be the guy in the nude.
No kidding... I drove by there earlier today. I could have run over Astro and never known it was him. We'd all be sitting here wondering what happened to Astro while he's wandering around the hospital, with dialysis machine in tow, looking for an HDMI compatible tv. Small world!

Nightz

Rorschach said:
No kidding... I drove by there earlier today. I could have run over Astro and never known it was him. We'd all be sitting here wondering what happened to Astro while he's wandering around the hospital, with dialysis machine in tow, looking for an HDMI compatible tv. Small world!
And then we'd be looking for you as you're hiding from the authorities for your hit-and-run.

Rorschach

Nightz said:
And then we'd be looking for you as you're hiding from the authorities for your hit-and-run.
Just because I run him over doesn't mean it was my fault or that I left him there. I wouldn't know it was Atro because I don't know what he looks like and it's not like his real life name is Astro J. Lad.

Nightz

Rorschach said:
Just because I run him over doesn't mean it was my fault or that I left him there. I wouldn't know it was Atro because I don't know what he looks like and it's not like his real life name is Astro J. Lad.
That would be an awesome name though!

PBY

Banned
Broncos owner, (don't know ur gaf name- even though we've already played, sry :lol ) I can't play tonight unless its late (est), and I def can't play tom, b/c im travelling/going back to school. let me know when u can play

TheCrow

peterb0y said:
Broncos owner, (don't know ur gaf name- even though we've already played, sry :lol ) I can't play tonight unless its late (est), and I def can't play tom, b/c im travelling/going back to school. let me know when u can play

:(

I don't know what you checked but I'm playing the Bills and you play the Jets(Denog) in week 3. LJ could you play tonight after it advances?

bluemax

Banned
daw840 said:
I bought a fucking $14 RF adapter so that I could make the draft. I played my first game under sub PS2 graphical conditions!

And that is why I didn't bring my 360 with me this week. Sorry Fifty you're gonna have to wait until Saturday unless you can go at Midnight PST on Friday.

Rorschach

bluemax said:
And that is why I didn't bring my 360 with me this week. Sorry Fifty you're gonna have to wait until Saturday unless you can go at Midnight PST on Friday.
I knew the week I had a bye would be the longest one. I've prepared for this!

PBY

Banned
TheCrow said:
:(

I don't know what you checked but I'm playing the Bills and you play the Jets(Denog) in week 3. LJ could you play tonight after it advances?
....oh man, i totally fail at schedule reading- Sorry for getting your hopes up, I'm sure you'd rather have played me than LJ

as it stands, Denog, when can you play?

Fifty

bluemax said:

I learned my lesson playing at 3 am against Astro and looking like total shit. I can't wait till this 3rd week is over..the 3 weeks of hell, scheduling wise.

Isn't Saturday past the deadline though? Maybe we should just sim our game.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
So any tips on how to beat Striker tonight? Should Cousin David get a shot?

I'll be 0-3 going into week 4 against Fifty, I think I'll Bob him.

Fifty

FrenchMovieTheme said:
:lol

fifty has had a horrible first 3 weeks!

is the league even advancing tonight? the deadline after this week advances is saturday

Literally the 3 worst people I could have played in terms of scheduling games. I got 'lucky' against Astro, except that I didn't..because I ended up getting my ass tired and it was the one game on his connection that didn't disconnect.

The only thing is that we'd be playing right at the deadline, and I can't guarantee that I'll even be around on Saturday. I love the league, but I'm not going to book off my saturday just for bluemax.

Matrix

Striker said:
:lol I'm the Browns.

Is it still 10 PM est? I have food on the stove right now. :p

Yea it has to be 10 for me, I'm making myself cheap dinner tonight and catching up on some work till then.

I don't care if you have the Browns, I know you can beat me.

Top Bottom