• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Rorschach

Keep a throw pillow around. It'll save your controllers. You can bite it, throw it, fuck it. Whatevers. It's down for everything and it don't talk back. Dig?

DMczaf

I had to dig up the classic

21ufyg.jpg

I think it was NFL2K4

LJ11

I've loosened a floor board from kicking the ground when a play goes wrong, it's a brand new floor too. My shelves are my new toy, usually punch or kick them when something goes wrong. Anger management is what I need, though I never get really angry at anything besides Madden.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I thankfully can keep myself from throwing controllers and breaking disks. Barely.

It's the good ole Curse Like A Sailor, with a mixture of punching doors and floors, for me.

Rorschach

I made cubanb break 2 controllers in the same game. We couldn't finish the game because he had no controllers left to use.

That settled the question as to who the real Moss was!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
you guys are crazy.i thought i was bad for yelling and tossing a controller into a couch or something. a few of you might have issues :lol

DMczaf

I know my sister has had to walk in while I was playing Madden because I was cursing like crazy. I've lowered the physical violence as I got older (and because controllers are f'ing expensive now), but made up for it with verbal abuse :lol

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DMczaf said:
I had to dig up the classic

21ufyg.jpg

I think it was NFL2K4

:lol

I remember you losing it and then posting this right after. Do you remember why you snapped?

LJ11

Madden 2004 had the worst deep ball D in the history of Madden. A college buddy of mine would always motion to check for man vs zone, if man go to slant, if zone go deep. Shit infuriated the shit out of me, we came close to blows on numerous occasions.

It's just Madden that causes this rage in me, no idea why.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
CB3 said:
you guys are crazy.i thought i was bad for yelling and tossing a controller into a couch or something. a few of you might have issues :lol

Basically all I do is come onto GAF and vent and I'm labeled the drama queen. We have f-ing nut jobs in here breaking stuff.

I'm waiting for the first fist through wall picture.

DMczaf

Matrix said:

I remember you losing it and then posting this right after. Do you remember why you snapped?

If it was NFL2K4, I bet it was someone throwing it deep and my DB going into the dumb ass catching animation that takes them completely out of the play. Just thinking about the problems in NFL2K makes me want to reach for a controller.

Matrix

DMczaf said:
If it was NFL2K4, I bet it was someone throwing it deep and my DB going into the dumb ass catching animation that takes them completely out of the play. Just thinking about the problems in NFL2K makes me want to reach for a controller.

If it was going deep than it was most likely a game against me :p

LJ11 said:
Madden 2004 had the worst deep ball D in the history of Madden. A college buddy of mine would always motion to check for man vs zone, if man go to slant, if zone go deep. Shit infuriated the shit out of me, we came close to blows on numerous occasions.

It's just Madden that causes this rage in me, no idea why.

holy shit it was awful. i can remember one game against DM where he was winning by 6 or something with 6 seconds left and i just got a touchback so i had the ball on the 20. i just chucked it up to TO and he did that ridiculous jump ball for an 80 yard TD.

i also remember in madden 06 or 07 DM got a pick on me, then i hitsticked him with frank gore (a YOUNG frank gore!) and it was picked up by arnaz battle and returned for a td.

guess that makes up for the booger mcfardland bullshit pick in NFL 2k4 or 2k5 dm. i can't let that game go!

ive never thrown a controller or broken the disk i usually yell out some curse words and punch my couch.

i'm a pretty relaxed guy but nothing pisses me off more than madden. seriously i was fucking furious after the cowboys loss.

but perhaps my most angry EVER at a football game was NFL gameday '99. this game was fucking bullshit because when i played one of my buddies he would take his LB's and start knocking down all my guys. i forget how he was doing it but there must have been some button to bump or tackle and as soon as i snapped the ball he would have his LB knock down my slot guy, then switch over and knock down my other wr, and then when the ball was in the air knock down my other wr. he couldn't do this EVERY time but i got so pissed once i told him i wasn't going to play him anymore and rage quit. this was at my other buddies house just before the falcons/49ers playoff game where garrison hearst broke his ankle :(

the moral of all those old man ramblings is just chill out after a loss and let it go away!

Matrix

I have a feeling with Mass Effect 2 coming out next week and with me playing the first one a ton this past week, along with Madden games....my 360 will shit the bed on me as well.

I'm shocked we have made it this far without major red ring issues compared to the other season.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
damn half the nfc west declares this is their last season, lj's 360 craps out. sad day for the league :/

guess it's about time to bust out fifa again

Rorschach

[edit] Maybe I'll get Fifa for 360 next year to play with the Madden league dudes. I got it for PS3 last time. :[

Mrbob said:
ME2 is gonna be awesome.

Install the game onto your hdd to save your 360.
Install Madden instead in case you get a DRE/Disk drive failure!

Matrix

Mrbob said:
ME2 is gonna be awesome.

Install the game onto your hdd to save your 360.

I have no f-ing room. I have that little biddy 20 GB one being used with my arcade unit.

any idea how large the install will be? The first is like 6.9 or some shit

edit- I don't have Madden installed and haven't had problems.

Mrbob

I got a 120 I'm good to go.

I wish the 360 came with a bigger hdd. I think some of our issues would be resolved if everyone had the room to put the game on the hdd.

Amazon is giving out a 40 dollar credit right now with an amazon visa card. Apply and get it, 360 120 hdd for cheaper.

Matrix

It's still a fucking rip off, fuck joo MS!

I already have an amazon visa card, got it cause I buy so much stuff from them and being a prime member I use them a ton.

Mrbob

Matrix I agree its too expensive but I use it as an investment to save my 360. The hdd allowed me to keep my old 360 for almost 4.5 years....I'm expecting my new one to last as long.

ME1 destroyed my original 360, not taking any chances.

DMczaf said:
Why the hell are you always trying to get people to sign up for Store credit cards?

Bob is a mole.

Its a visa it can be used everywhere!

Rorschach

DMczaf said:
Why the hell are you always trying to get people to sign up for Store credit cards?

Bob is a mole.
:lol He kept trying to make me sign up for some site. I think the link he gave me was a referral link, but I couldn't tell.

Ramirez

Rorschach said:
I'll refrain using my Xbox for anything other than league games! Plus, you forgot about Luke and Fiddy!

The difference between those 2 and you 3 is that I've never beaten you all aside from the first time I played Smokey, and I'm pretty sure I got lucky in that one as well. You made me rage quit out of the playoffs that one year, I even rage quit the last time we scrimmed, stupid stuff happens when I play you all.

Matrix

This is like my 4 or 5th xbox, my first arcade one and it's held up better than all the rest. I do have a best buy warranty if it dies, but honestly I forgot if that allows me to just get a new system right away if it croaks.

Forza 1 destroyed my previous 360 and then I went down the path of MS sending me broken refurbs over and over. Rors and I became best of buds during that period.

I'll look over the web for deals, but I feel like I'm bending over for them one more time if I buy a bigger hdd.

bluemax

Banned
DMczaf said:

But but but but, NFL 2k is the greatest football sim ever!

AstroLad said:
damn half the nfc west declares this is their last season, lj's 360 craps out. sad day for the league :/

guess it's about time to bust out fifa again

I did not say this was my last season! I said I was done when baseball starts. If I don't take a break before August I'm going to get burned out.

CB3 said:

HunterWearingBowlerHat.jpg

i got pretty pissed against my game against oakland last week, there was a play i controlled the SS and I was watching higgins and I wasn't expecting the bitch to run a straight route but he did and he beat me for a long pass thrown by pat white. i yelled lots of expletives!

daw840

Holy fuck... what the hell happened last night?!?

BTW, that was my wife watching The Office. I was already in bed because I thought Bob was not playing last night!

Bob: Will you be home today around 4:30 CST? I can play then. I seem to remember you saying you would be home around 2....

DCX

DCX
daw840 said:
Holy fuck... what the hell happened last night?!?

BTW, that was my wife watching The Office. I was already in bed because I thought Bob was not playing last night!

Bob: Will you be home today around 4:30 CST? I can play then. I seem to remember you saying you would be home around 2....
BTW Daw, Rivers is on the block, Smokey is blowing up his team..your first and second plus JRuss :p

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Well this sucks. The only two guys that scrim me are now gone. Guess it's back to practicing on All Madden like back in the day.

I've calmed down a lot in my old age, but the worst ever reaction for me was that game against DM, he knows which one. The Derrick Brooks hit stick of Tiki Barber at the goal line game. I pounded my fist down so hard on the desk that it just collapsed in on itself. I think after that I calmed down.

Let's be clear tho, this only opens things up in the AFC. The NFC will come down to me and CB again so the rest of you dudes should just give up.

Fifty

I don't think one should be able to smash their game to pieces and then make a trade. Sorry, but there's just too much risk of that player not coming back, and their team needing to be replaced...leaving the replacement player with a potentially messed-up team.

daw840

Fifty said:
I don't think one should be able to smash their game to pieces and then make a trade. Sorry, but there's just too much risk of that player not coming back, and their team needing to be replaced...leaving the replacement player with a potentially messed-up team.

I was kidding fiddy....kidding:lol

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:
Well this sucks. The only two guys that scrim me are now gone. Guess it's back to practicing on All Madden like back in the day.

I've calmed down a lot in my old age, but the worst ever reaction for me was that game against DM, he knows which one. The Derrick Brooks hit stick of Tiki Barber at the goal line game. I pounded my fist down so hard on the desk that it just collapsed in on itself. I think after that I calmed down.

Let's be clear tho, this only opens things up in the AFC. The NFC will come down to me and CB again so the rest of you dudes should just give up.
I'll never give up. The game against BigAT showed me i can hang..just gotta execute. I'll be in the hunt for a wildcard and anything can happen after that.

DCX

daw840

DCX said:
I'll never give up. The game against BigAT showed me i can hang..just gotta execute. I'll be in the hunt for a wildcard and anything can happen after that.

DCX

Be lucky you can even GET a wildcard in this league!

V.....god damn it

LiveWire

CB3 said:

Seriously, I yelled a few times during our game but that was about it. :lol

daw840

I've been known to be in a bad mood after big losses, but never to the extent of actually breaking things.....my wife has learned to look at the scoreboard before talking to me during a game.:lol

LiveWire

daw840 said:
I've been known to be in a bad mood after big losses, but never to the extent of actually breaking things.....my wife has learned to look at the scoreboard before talking to me during a game. :lol

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Damn I was going to dig into Mass Effect this weekend but I don't think I'll have the time anymore as my calender got booked up. Should I just skip it and go straight to ME2?

Got it for PC for $5 last week, thanks EA Store. :D

Eh, maybe I'll wait a bit, I still have MW2 single, L4D2, and Batman to go through.

Mrbob

My recommendation is to play ME before ME2 is out.

You can actually finish the game in about 10 to 12 hours if you skip most of the side stuff.

Daw is 4:30cst the earliest you'll be home? We might be able to play around then...might head out for a bit around that time tho but I'll be back around 6 or 7 cst and should be home for the night.

daw840

Mrbob said:
My recommendation is to play ME before ME2 is out.

You can actually finish the game in about 10 to 12 hours if you skip most of the side stuff.

Daw is 4:30cst the earliest you'll be home. We might be able to play around then...might head out for a bit around that time tho but I'll be back around 6 or 7 cst and should be home for the night.

Well, it's friday and I am going out, so if we can't get it done when I get home then it may have to wait until saturday.

I MIGHT be able to get off at 3 though, depending on how busy we are here at work.

Top Bottom