• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Mrbob said:
My recommendation is to play ME before ME2 is out.

You can actually finish the game in about 10 to 12 hours if you skip most of the side stuff.

Daw is 4:30cst the earliest you'll be home? We might be able to play around then...might head out for a bit around that time tho but I'll be back around 6 or 7 cst and should be home for the night.
Ok.... I guess I will have to miss out on the initial ME2 hype. :( At 10 hours it'll take me 2 months to complete. :D I am the Bob of RPGs. :(

Mrbob

Daw if you can leave work at 3pm that would be SUPERRRRRRR. Then I can get the tank job out of the way today and get some other things done!

daw840

Mrbob said:
Daw if you can leave work at 3pm that would be SUPERRRRRRR. Then I can get the tank job out of the way today and get some other things done!

Hassellbald is making a comeback today.....

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Somnia, can you play late tonight if Bob and Daw get the game in today? Say around midnight EST?

I look forward to seeing your hall of fame defense.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I get Hedgecock back after the advance but Mike Matthews was a beast blocking for me last week... have to decide what to do. Hedge has much better blocking numbers tho. Hmmmmmmm.... Jacobs is a better blocker than my #2 TE. :lol I should really just convert his ass to a receiver. Or maybe put Jacobs at WR and have him seal off the CB for Brown, who knows.

Rors: I can't ever tell if you're being sarcastic or not.

Rorschach

Wellington said:
I get Hedgecock back after the advance but Mike Matthews was a beast blocking for me... have to decide what to do. Hedge has much better blocking numbers tho. Hmmmmmmm.... Jacobs is a better blocker than my #2 TE. :lol I should really just convert his ass to a receiver.

Rors: I can't ever tell if you're being sarcastic or not.
I'm not. I played the 360 version, though. Maybe the PC version is less shitty, but I doubt by much. At least the loading, inventory system, and ability mapping has to be better.

Mrbob

Rors told me he helped DM achieve his 1000/1000 Eragon score, don't listen to him!

Controls are a lot better on PC, although I did finish the 360 version multiple times.

Rorschach

Mrbob said:
Rors told me he helped DM achieve his 1000/1000 Eragon score, don't listen to him!
Lies. You're his partner in crime. And Eragon is 1 player I think. You helped him with a few multiplayer ones. smh.

Whores.

daw840 said:
I've been known to be in a bad mood after big losses, but never to the extent of actually breaking things.....my wife has learned to look at the scoreboard before talking to me during a game.:lol

My wife always talks to me during a cutscene when I'm playing games and I'll do the whole head nod, "ok", thing. :lol

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Yesterday was driving for the tying touchdown against blue. 20 seconds left or whatever one timeout and I'm playing no huddle and she literally walks in and across the moment I'm trying to rush and pick a play, thinking it's just a regular situation. i was like fuuuuuuu. needless to say the play wasnt a TD

LIVEWIRE: Can you play after the advance? I can play any time before 8:30 EST so I guess we'll see when the advance is.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Wellington said:
Who's going to help me test whacky Madden theories out now that LJ is done??? :( That was half of the fun.

Just make up a few meaningless charts, it helps me calm the voices.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Wellington said:
Who's going to help me test whacky Madden theories out now that LJ is done??? :( That was half of the fun.
I thought there was a chance LJ was coming back? He taught me pretty much everything I know in Madden so maybe I can bring him on as a head coach.

Mrbob

"It’s debatably BioWare’s best title yet, and will impress those that enjoy moral choices in videogames," said X360 magazine's games editor Sam Roberts. "They’ve fixed everything from side-quests to characterisation."

Mass Effect 2, RPG of the forever. Until Mass Effect 3 is out.

daw840

Mrbob said:
"It’s debatably BioWare’s best title yet, and will impress those that enjoy moral choices in videogames," said X360 magazine's games editor Sam Roberts. "They’ve fixed everything from side-quests to characterisation."

Yeah, I am pretty excited about ME2. ME1 COULD have been a great game, unfortunately they failed hard if you ask me.

Rorschach

Mrbob said:

I call bs. I love your source, though. :lol

Mrbob

ME1 on 360 had a couple issues:

1) Technical issues (slowdown, textures popping in and out, loading)

2) Side quests weren't that great

3) Controls and inventory were a bit convoluted

All these things have been fixed with ME2! We'll find out soon...hopefully amazon ships my CE this weekend!

Lonestar

ME1 had Elevators.

What new mode of building transportation will ME2 have?

escalator.jpg

LiveWire

Wellington said:
Ok.... I guess I will have to miss out on the initial ME2 hype. :( At 10 hours it'll take me 2 months to complete. :D I am the Bob of RPGs. :(

I swear RPGs are impossible to keep up with as an adult gamer with other priorities. I'm almost at 30 hours in on Dragon Age, and it's my been taking up my entire allotted gaming time for the past three weeks aside from the 2 matches a week for the league and the occasional scrimmage. And I estimate I'm not even a third of the way through it yet. o_O
You guys out there with wives and kids... ::bow::

BigAT

I was real late to playing Mass Effect, after I already had my 120 gig HD, so I was able to install it, and I really didn't experience many of the technical issues I had read about as a result. It really seemed to help with the experience. I'm looking forward to ME2 big time.

Snapping your disc is pretty nuts. I kind of understand the whole throwing your controller thing. I've never done it from Madden, although I've been pretty damn close, so I get it (Street Fighter 4 is the only game in recent memory to get me to throw a controller, and even then I fired it into a soft couch). That's just a momentary lapse in control/judgement and giving in to extreme anger in an instant. Snapping the disc in half though you have to finish up the game, get up and stroll over, wait for the tray to pop open then grab it. That requires some seriously sustained anger. Plenty of time to cool down and reflect on what you're about to do.

Plus I don't think I could ever do it just for the sake of wasting money. I mean, I wouldn't reach into my wallet and rip up a $50 bill after a bad game, it's essentially the same thing.

Lonestar

LiveWire said:
I swear RPGs are impossible to keep up with as an adult gamer with other priorities. I'm almost at 30 hours in on Dragon Age, and it's my been taking up my entire allotted gaming time for the past three weeks aside from the 2 matches a week for the league and the occasional scrimmage. And I estimate I'm not even a third of the way through it yet. o_O

RPG's are bad enough, you try playing MMO's. FFXI.. 7 years in, still haven't hit level 75 yet.

MAG's coming out Tuesday, and that might eat into Madden Time. Or it could suck balls and just be another wasted $60.

LiveWire

AstroLad said:
LIVEWIRE: Can you play after the advance? I can play any time before 8:30 EST so I guess we'll see when the advance is.

If the advance occurs prior to 8PM Eastern, yea. Otherwise I'll be out in DC pre-celebrating.

LiveWire

Lonestar said:
RPG's are bad enough, you try playing MMO's. FFXI.. 7 years in, still haven't hit level 75 yet.

Oh yeah. I remember we played FFXI, I think the only time I ever managed to get a group together was with you and a few others. I don't know how you stuck with that shitty game--as soon as I died and got my first level drain I was like, FUCK. THIS. :lol

In WoW, I managed to level only 1 character up to 68, my mage. I have a shitload of alts, so perhaps if I had stuck with another single character I might have gotten them up to 60+, but goddamn it just feels like a job after the first time you've seen the content. I managed to see almost all of the original and most of Burning Crusade, I bought Lich King foolishly thinking I would venture into that content, never have. :lol And I never, EVER have been able to do any of the raid content because of the ridiculous need for syncing up 20-40 people's schedules to even have a shot at it. It's hard enough to do here for the Madden league and all we're doing is playing a quick 45 min game. To do a 3-6 hour raid? Jesus H. Christ.

Ramirez

LiveWire said:
Oh yeah. I remember we played FFXI, I think the only time I ever managed to get a group together was with you and a few others. I don't know how you stuck with that shitty game--as soon as I died and got my first level drain I was like, FUCK. THIS. :lol

In WoW, I managed to level only 1 character up to 68, my mage. I have a shitload of alts, so perhaps if I had stuck with another single character I might have gotten them up to 60+, but goddamn it just feels like a job after the first time you've seen the content. I managed to see almost all of the original and most of Burning Crusade, I bought Lich King foolishly thinking I would venture into that content, never have. :lol And I never, EVER have been able to do any of the raid content because of the ridiculous need for syncing up 20-40 people's schedules to even have a shot at it. It's hard enough to do here for the Madden league and all we're doing is playing a quick 45 min game. To do a 3-6 hour raid? Jesus H. Christ.

I remember waking up at like 9 am to do Molten Core in WoW like 5 years ago, 40 people would start at 9 am and we wouldn't get done til like 5 that day. :lol

God, what a nerd I was.

Rorschach

Lonestar said:

MAG's coming out Tuesday, and that might eat into Madden Time. Or it could suck balls and just be another wasted $60.
MAG is crap. I'll give you some advice, though: don't go Raven. The levels are unbalanced in the favor of SVER.

Ramirez said:
Man, you hate all good games.
What are you talking about? I love good games.

Mrbob

MAG is out this tuesday? Didn't even know. I'll skip it.

Having second thoughts about Bioshock 2 as well. ME2 is next week, and that game will stomp Bioshock 2. Then we have Final Fantasy 13, God of War 3, MLB 10 The Show, and Dawn of War 2: Chaos Rising (smh haters!) in march. Bioshock 2 might have to wait for a price drop to 15 dollars before I pick it up like I did the first one.

LiveWire

daw840 said:
Hassellbald is making a comeback today.....

He could have debuted with 3 TDs to Santana Moss if it weren't for the evil Cabal Of Conspiring Kakistocratic Saboteurs that we call commishes in this league. ;(

Lonestar

I forgot to mention I took a 4-5 year hiatus from FFXI. But still, I'm only good for 2-3 hours every couple days. Maybe longer on the weekend. I still think it's more about the people on there, than it is about the game. Half the time, I don't know what we're doing. Something called Limbus. Just tell me what to go kill, and I'll go Jack Axe on it.

Only went back to it last year, because they made the game "easier" in terms of EXP gain. You've got Rings that increase EXP, Corsair's that have EXP songs or whatever the fuck they call it. They got these book things that give you training regiments (kill 8 of these things for an extra 1000 xp). That and Level Sync (anyone can party with anyone, sync down to the lowest person's level, and get the same XP.)

daw840 said:
HOLY. SHIT.

I never even noticed the monopoly guy is taking a shit in his hat in your avatar!!!!

2ce0pyr.gif

Lonestar said:

In college I had gotten into end game FFXI pretty heavily. Had about 5-6 lvl 75 chars and would play 5+ hours a day..what a waste of life. In the end I wound up only getting $800 for my character when I got out.

Mrbob

LiveWire said:
He could have debuted with 3 TDs to Santana Moss if it weren't for the evil Cabal Of Conspiring Kakistocratic Saboteurs that we call commishes in this league. ;(

Indeed.

Cutler to Moss has been a devestating combo for my team.

Oh. Wait.

Lonestar

Daws: He's Liquefying his Assets

Only had Moss the one year, and on regular short routes, didn't seem too special. I have similar results now in medium range with Bellows, Welker, Barclay.

Where he's dangerous, is his ability to catch a high % of throws deep, even if he's double covered.

Mrbob

LiveWire said:
Randy Moss sucks anyway. Santana can be your return man too! Let's deal, my friend. What'reyabuyin'?

:lol

I'm gonna hold the fort for the rest of the season. My defensive players will be more valuable in the offseason. Especially for teams like fiddy and his ravens when half his defense decides to retire after this season is over!

LiveWire

Mrbob said:
:lol

I'm gonna hold the fort for the rest of the season. My defensive players will be more valuable in the offseason. Especially for teams like fiddy and his ravens when half his defense decides to retire after this season is over!

I'm not necessarily looking for players, picks are OK too. Hurry while this offer lasts!

daw840

LiveWire said:
I'm not necessarily looking for players, picks are OK too. Hurry while this offer lasts!

I'd be willing to part with a conditional 1st round (same as before 1-16=2nd round) for moss.

bluemax

Banned
daw840 said:
Mass Effect 1 sucked IMO. It was waaaayyy to repetitive.

You shut your whore mouth. If you pace yourself on doing the sidequests properly then its a blast.

Also I've heard from piratey friends that ME2 fixes a lot of the technical issues. The game apparently is more polished. I guess when you sell 3+ million copies you can take time to improve your tech between games.

Unless you're Bungie and you're making ODST.

As for RPGs yeah, I thought I'd play more of them after graduating college but I still haven't finished Blue Dragon which I started back in college 2+ years ago. I only managed to finish LO because my GF at the time was volunteering on weekends so I could put half a Saturday into it every week. Then when she stopped I stopped progressing on the game. I think I've put maybe 10 hours into it since I got it because I had to move and then had no internet and the game won't let you play it without internet if you had any of the DLC installed.

Only reason I'm as far as I am in FFXIII is because I had nothing else I could do at the time. No internet or TV :( And even then after being out of town for 2 weeks I've fallen off playing it.

daw840

bluemax said:
You shut your whore mouth. If you pace yourself on doing the sidequests properly then its a blast.

Maybe that's my problem. Whenever I go into a game like that, I usually do a BUNCH of sidequests before the main one. It just got really boring after a while.

LiveWire

daw840 said:
Maybe that's my problem. Whenever I go into a game like that, I usually do a BUNCH of sidequests before the main one. It just got really boring after a while.

Yea, I realized that was my problem too when I played Oblivion. With Dragon Age I'm limiting the sidequests and trying to advance through the story, and THEN if the game turns out to be really awesome (so far it is), I would be willing to replay with a new character and pick up the sidequests I skipped.

bluemax

Banned
daw840 said:

Yeah the sidequest design was pretty bad. They give you like 5 hours or so worth of sidequests right as you leave the Citadel and if you try to do them all they're mostly boring as fuck. Drive around texture and skybox swapped planets going through the same 3 or 4 mini dungeon layouts while driving the worst vehicle ever in a video game.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LiveWire said:
Yeah I don't know how dudes with families even play league games let alone practice or play anything else. After I get home from the gym on a weeknight I have 1 hr to do anything else and if I choose to play Madden, there goes the whole night. I can't remember what the last game I actually completed was - and this is a guy that lives by himself with no girlfriend. Don't get me wrong I have a healthy social life, but I envy the time management of some of you dudes.

Top Bottom