• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Smokey

Rorschach said:
Yawn. I have to face the #1 back (Turner), the #5 back (Moreno), and this year's #3 (Chapman). Cry moar!

Turner is not the #1 back this year..far from it.

AND

he's out for 7 weeks..

:/

Rorschach

bluemax said:
Yeah expect a bunch of preselected shots that don't show shit.
That would be a bit much to expect, actually. He'll probably just talk about something they are thinking of putting in, but give up on because it's too hard or would take too much time. Here's last year's first blog:

http://insideblog.easports.com/archive/2009/02/01/madden-nfl-10-first-look.aspx

Choice quote:

He’s just coming out of his break on the deep in, and he’s got at least 2 steps on the defender trailing him in man coverage. I fire it in there, a perfect bullet pass where I think only he can catch it. Right before the ball gets to him the DB turns around and in one quick motion steps in front, picks it off, and is headed back the other way. HUH? THE DB NEVER EVEN SAW THE BALL!

Ever happened to you?
Did your controller survive to tell the tale?

Yeah, you dick! It did happen. In Madden 10. Asshole.

So the videos really just showcase the technology…not how we implement that technology in our game to actually change the way the game is played. My story above about getting picked off by a DB that can’t see the ball? Well now we can make a DB track the ball realistically and we’ll make sure that he has a true line of sight before he can make a play on the ball. And if/when he gets burned, he can dynamically look down and shake his head with zero new animations or engineering support.
Yeah, howabout no...?

daw840

Yes! I really REALLY wanted the DB to look down and shake his head after blown coverage. Now this game is the perfect football simulation.

LukeSmith

Wellington said:
Mack + Peaks + Kiolbassa = one of the top LB corps in the league if he plays them all together.

I wonder if it will be tougher to run on the speed of the Colts D or Raiders D. Better hope

Peaks, Mack and Kiolbassa play together on a handful of formations. Usually in running situations

Rorschach

Wellington said:
Better hope you guys have size upfront to matchup against the Jacobs/Brown pain train!
I rebuilt my defense for stopping big guys. If they could stop Turner, they can stop Jacobs. Although, they couldn't stop MJD. :( He ran over like 5 guys on 1 play. It doesn't matter, though. We don't play this year.

Wellington said:
Not just look down, but do it dynamically!
The future is bright! I must avert my eyes. DYNAMICALLY!

bluemax

Banned
daw840 said:
Yes! I really REALLY wanted the DB to look down and shake his head after blown coverage. Now this game is the perfect football simulation.

I want the DBs to jump around and wave their arms after an incomplete pass in which they did absolutely nothing to contribute to the incompletion. Then and only then will Madden be perfect.

daw840

Nightz said:
I want animations of receivers begging for interference calls and Brady begging for a roughing call.

Yeah, actually this would be sweet. Especially if there was a stat that dictated success rates of PI/Roughing the Passer begging. Brady and Peyton would be a 99, while Matt Cassell would be a 20.

Rorschach

daw840 said:
Yeah, actually this would be sweet. Especially if there was a stat that dictated success rates of PI/Roughing the Passer begging. Brady and Peyton would be a 99, while Matt Cassell would be a 20.
What would that make McRibb?

2817on6.jpg

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Nightz said:
I want animations of receivers begging for interference calls and Brady begging for a roughing call.

I'd be ok with this. Might help me decide not to trade him, eventually.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
What would that make McRibb?

2817on6.jpg
:lol :lol :lol

I rebuilt my defense for stopping big guys. If they could stop Turner, they can stop Jacobs. Although, they couldn't stop MJD. :( He ran over like 5 guys on 1 play. It doesn't matter, though. We don't play this year.

Orly. We'll test this out in the super bowl.

LiveWire

bluemax said:
I want the DBs to jump around and wave their arms after an incomplete pass in which they did absolutely nothing to contribute to the incompletion. Then and only then will Madden be perfect.

Oh you mean the Carlos Rogers animation. :lol

DCX

DCX
Rorschach said:

The future is bright! I must avert my eyes. DYNAMICALLY!
Tank says hi :)

DCX

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Mason > Tank

This is fact.

Lonestar

DCX said:
Week 16 we shall see..it will probably decide the rushing title.

DCX

No, it's already decided. Bjoern is the Winner. I should not have made that trade with him, then tell him about the Bjoernmizer.

DCX

DCX
Lonestar said:
No, it's already decided. Bjoern is the Winner. I should not have made that trade with him, then tell him about the Bjoernmizer.
I scouted Bjoern. He was going to be my pick at 15, but i made a move to get Tank who i feel is the better back. It's ok, Bjoern may have the sparkle but he doesn't have what Tank has, and that's a tough name :p

DCX

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DCX said:
Week 16 we shall see..it will probably decide the rushing title.

DCX

Watch one of them get hurt :lol :(

:lol Lonestar, how is Slaton doing now? I haven't kept up with him.

Matrix

LukeSmith said:
He'll get to run all over me in a few weeks. My fraudulent run D exposed by a Tank.

You get a taste of Bjoern first.

Though it won't matter since Manning will tear my secondary a new one.

LukeSmith

Matrix said:
You get a taste of Bjoern first.

Though it won't matter since Manning will tear my secondary a new one.

You have the number 1 O in the league. No way I can score with you. You basically beat me when you were the chiefs

Lonestar

Matrix said:
Watch one of them get hurt :lol :(

:lol Lonestar, how is Slaton doing now? I haven't kept up with him.

About as good as the rest of my team :lol :(

I might be exagerrating, but I think he's fumbled once a game. And now Welker and Bellows are having fumbling problems too.

He had a good first few games, but last 2 he hasn't done much. Already down to 4.88 ypc, which isn't much more than Fargas last season.

Really, Matrix, you just need to stop passing. Or pass every 10 or 15 attempts. Your running game numbers are insane, and Schaub is only holding you down with his 13 INT's.

Matrix

LukeSmith said:
You have the number 1 O in the league. No way I can score with you. You basically beat me when you were the chiefs

Where's my pass D rated? it has to be the worst :( I don't see how it won't be a high scoring game.

My run D has improved since the first two games of this season, thats about it.

Matrix

Lonestar said:
About as good as the rest of my team :lol :(

I might be exagerrating, but I think he's fumbled once a game. And now Welker and Bellows are having fumbling problems too.

He had a good first few games, but last 2 he hasn't done much. Already down to 4.88 ypc, which isn't much more than Fargas last season.

Really, Matrix, you just need to stop passing. Or pass every 10 or 15 attempts. Your running game numbers are insane, and Schaub is only holding you down with his 13 INT's.

I think 5 or 6 of those int's came in one game :lol

At this point I only pass to keep the defense honest.

Sounds like the Slaton from last year, though he was costing me games and fumbling at the worst times.

Lonestar

Matrix said:

Sounds like the Slaton from last year, though he was costing me games and fumbling at the worst times.

Yep, that about sums it up, except it's spread to others, like I mentioned.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Matrix said:

Is that so.... let's make a deal this off-season. Let's start at Andre Brown (99 CAR rating) and my first rounder for AJ. If Brown keeps beasting the way he is he will be between 84-86 OVR. I will post Brown highlights when I get home, he makes Tank look like a tonka truck.

Matrix

Lonestar said:
Yep, that about sums it up, except it's spread to others, like I mentioned.

haha it slowly started spreading to Moats and AJ in the last few games of the season. Seems the Slaton virus is spreading sooner for you.

Lonestar

Wellington said:
Is that so.... let's make a deal this off-season. Let's start at Andre Brown (99 CAR rating) and my first rounder for AJ. If Brown keeps beasting the way he is he will be between 84-86 OVR. I will post Brown highlights when I get home, he makes Tank look like a tonka truck.

He already has 2 RB's, and only 1 superstar WR.

Though I guess he could try and outTANK me for some super WR in the draft.

Matrix

Have we even seen a stud WR like the HB's?

And no way am I trading AJ. LT might be on the block.... again :lol

Lonestar

Matrix said:
Have we even seen a stud WR like the HB's?

And no way am I trading AJ. LT might be on the block.... again :lol

I would say Grimes and Bellows are comparable to superstar WR's.

It's that there's an overabundance of these BS rated HB's out there. 99 Speed, ACL, and Trucking. And with those, they only need themselves to succeed. The WR's need a QB to get him the ball.

If LT goes back onto the block, whoever has Moss is contractually obligated to do the same.

LukeSmith

Rorschach said:
Not gonna happen. I don't think either of us will get there.

If we do make it by some miracle, Tank doesn't stand a ghost of a chance.

Regardless of whether or not DCX makes it to the Super Bowl, Tank isn't going to get there. His season ends in week 15 with Mack Jackson.

DCX

DCX
Tank left a game on a cart with a separated shoulder, most mortal men would be out 7 weeks..Tank was out a half, after going for 140+ yards on 15 carries... a BOSS!

DCX

Rorschach

I saw a QB go out for 2 plays with a concussion. Meanwhile, I get an LB that goes out with a thumb injury for weeks. Then, I watch the playoffs and Ellis is playing with a club for a hand. MAN UP, THOMAS!

LukeSmith

Rorschach said:
I saw a QB go out for 2 plays with a concussion. Meanwhile, I get an LB that goes out with a thumb injury for weeks. Then, I watch the playoffs and Ellis is playing with a club for a hand. MAN UP, THOMAS!

Austin Collie :((((
You and your team of Elite thugs!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
Tory Holt and Tony Romo both went out with concussions against me and came back in the same game. Steve Smith is being a little bitch with that broken collarbone.

DMczaf

# The marketing dudes told me today they want me to do a Super Bowl halftime blog for Madden 11. I guess that makes it official! 7 minutes ago from Echofon

The Madden Cycle officially begins Feb 7th

We need a Madden Cycle pic

Top Bottom