• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

bluemax

Banned
LJ11 said:
I love how bluemax brings up AirRaid, guess he's referring to mesh concepts, and yet last year he took exception when I was throwing drags to Parrish. Guess he read something on a football website so it's now a bonafide strategy, as opposed to last year when it wasn't.

This game is busted on the defensive side of the ball, I really don't want to play it anymore, and if you guys have a replacement in mind I'm out.
I don't even remember this. You mean last year as in Madden 09? Either way I am
not sure it is the same thing. And if it is well then I guess I just learned to do wha everyone else was doing already making me no better than the rest of the league.

This is why there needs to be a break between seasons. So I can forget all the things I was upset about and move on.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
What the fuck is going on in here :lol

GCQuinton I can play earlier than 9 pm est if you want.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
21c5no9.jpg

Birdman02

sableholic said:
Not trying to start shit, but does any NFL team really run a 1-5-5? Serious question not meant to start anything.

Didn't the Jets run a little 1-5-5 in the playoffs this year? I don't think they necessarily had 5 LBs on the field, but I seem to remember them running multiple plays with only one DL in a set stance with everybody else walking the LOS.

Nightz

Birdman02 said:
Didn't the Jets run a little 1-5-5 in the playoffs this year? I don't think they necessarily had 5 LBs on the field, but I seem to remember them running multiple plays with only one DL in a set stance with everybody else walking the LOS.
Yeah I believe they did. It was the first time I saw it in a real game and I remember thinking to myself "Hey I recognize that from Madden!"

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
GG GCQuinton.

I swear to god I could have sworn I had a timeout to use at the end of the 4th. I never would have kept running it, I would have kicked a fg in regulation to end it.

I could have easily lost in OT since Steve Smith was abusing my secondary all game.

daw840

God Damn Sable. 1500 yards of overall offense in that game......with 850 belonging to you. I don't think any of your TDs in the first half came on plays of less than 90 yards. This is why this game frustrates me. My DL, which should be the best in the league, gives up 150 yards to a NOBODY running back.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
daw840 said:
God Damn Sable. 1500 yards of overall offense in that game......with 850 belonging to you. I don't think any of your TDs in the first half came on plays of less than 90 yards. This is why this game frustrates me. My DL, which should be the best in the league, gives up 150 yards to a NOBODY running back.
Cmon dude you know DL is underpowered unless you user control this year.

Sable: You can no longer underplay your success. I am licking my chops for our matchup, I can't wait!

daw840 said:

pierre thomas am sad.

but yeah man that was a batshit crazy game. Back to back krs for tds by harvin and grimes.
Then a couple drives later you force a fumble on the punt and get a td only to have grimes return another one for a td.
Then Thomas broke out of a tackle with a spin and was gone (2nd time thats happened in a couple weeks).
also forgot a blocked xp, first one i've seen.
crazy

Wellington said:
Cmon dude you know DL is underpowered unless you user control this year.

Sable: You can no longer underplay your success. I am licking my chops for our matchup, I can't wait!

should be good, don't hurt brees please.

Rorschach said:
Pats, Ravens, Steelers, and the Jets this year.

Yeah, although most of the time those guys on the outside not in three point stance were just their regular DEs standing up.

K makes sense mostly 3-4 teams that have good NTs and lb cores.

Yeah see i didn't really think of the jets as counting cause that was mostly just their normal formation they just didn't get set. Some other team did that recently too, probably the ravens. Dunno I just assumed 1-5-5 meant 5 lbs, but I guess it can really be anybody.

Rorschach

sableholic said:
Not trying to start shit, but does any NFL team really run a 1-5-5? Serious question not meant to start anything.
Pats, Ravens, Steelers, and the Jets this year.

Birdman02 said:
Yeah, although most of the time those guys on the outside not in three point stance were just their regular DEs standing up.

Matrix

Wellington said:

I'm not, I face him next week with my awful secondary and D all around :(

Matrix

Rorschach said:
A new eeyore is born...

:lol

Sable, my O might be good, but my D is brutal.

Ramirez

You guys are doing it wrong, you can't stay pissed at the game for more than a few hours. We all know the game is BS and that most people will do anything to win, so you shouldn't really be surprised by anything you see at this point in the game.

One thing I hate about the league now is how a good portion of the teams have these fantasy RBs that are unstoppable. Guys like this come by once every 5-10 years, yet we have like 10 of them in the league in one season, meh.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Ramirez said:
You guys are doing it wrong, you can't stay pissed at the game for more than a few hours. We all know the game is BS and that most people will do anything to win, so you shouldn't really be surprised by anything you see at this point in the game.

One thing I hate about the league now is how a good portion of the teams have these fantasy RBs that are unstoppable. Guys like this come by once every 5-10 years, yet we have like 10 of them in the league in one season, meh.

Let's run through this year's RBs that put up great numbers or looked amazing in the real NFL:

Adrian Peterson
Chris Johnson
Ronnie Brown until he got hurt
Ray Rice
Cedric Benson
Mojo
DeAngelo Williams/Jonathan Stewart
Steven Jackson
Frank Gore

And it was down years for:

Steve Slaton
Brian Westbrook
LDT (Tho there won't be another up year)
Michael Turner

Young up and comers:
Shonn Greene
Knowshon
Beanie Wells
Felix Jones

Basically the ENTIRE LEAGUE has amazing production or the potential for amazing production at RB.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
BTW here are some Andre Brown highlights. I think guys develop depending on how they are used. I used Brown exactly how I used Jacobs for most of seasons 1 and 2 and now he breaks tackles as well as Jacobs if not better. Nicks I used like a possession receiver and now his catch rating is 99. Nice work by EA on this.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/16517800

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/16517789

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/15795178 <--- My fave.

He's only 80 rated but he is so good. Next season I should have Brown at like 84 and Bradshaw at around 82 with Jacobs at 91. :lol

(Yes I realize the irony of this post after my previous one)

LukeSmith

Wellington said:
BTW here are some Andre Brown highlights. I think guys develop depending on how they are used. I used Brown exactly how I used Jacobs for most of seasons 1 and 2 and now he breaks tackles as well as Jacobs if not better. Nicks I used like a possession receiver and now his catch rating is 99. Nice work by EA on this.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/16517800

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/16517789

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/15795178 <--- My fave.

He's only 80 rated but he is so good. Next season I should have Brown at like 84 and Bradshaw at around 82 with Jacobs at 91. :lol

(Yes I realize the irony of this post after my previous one)

Dudes need to learn to lay off the hit stick and just wrap a guy up!

Matrix

Ramirez said:

So do you basically want us teams that range from average/to crap who draft these backs not use them? Also from what I can tell we only have 3 or 4 crazy fantasy hb's now. Fifty's Mr. Glass has stunk it up this year.

Btw they can be stopped if you have a good team with speed, ask Luke. He shut down Mason big time. I also noticed Scooter was held in check last game.

Striker

Keller still has 549 rush yards in 9 games, and averaging 7 yards per carry. Ravens' problem was passing, noted by Flacco's league high 27 INT's in nine games.

Couple QB's notice off hand that are having very solid seasons based on numbers. Niners' Jack English 18-3 TD/INT ratio, Saints' Drew Brees 20-8, and Bills' 14-3. Also, did a quick count on INT numbers, and around 20 QB's have 10 or more INT's in the halfway mark.

Hope for '11 is a true CAP system. They can still modify how these speed backs are getting in, and some other positions, but a CAP/contracts would be the best addition. Teams like the Browns and Texans will be forced to select good players in the Draft, or if EA/Tiburon even makes it so, trading picks, which would allow us to trade down and get picks/players in return.

rams/browns - status?
titans/jags - status?
colts/pats - happening tonight?
bears/falcons - happening tonight?

those are the remaining games. i think colts/pats is happening tonight, not sure about the rest (bob flaked on dcx at 4 today!)

Rorschach

Wellington said:
Let's run through this year's RBs that put up great numbers or looked amazing in the real NFL:

Basically the ENTIRE LEAGUE has amazing production or the potential for amazing production at RB.
I think you know what he means. :p

There are plenty of backs that have good years, but all these rookies are between the levels of AD and Bo Jackson. Yeah, Greene is pretty good, but is he anywhere as good as Bjoern or Tank? None of the 09 rookies are. And no one in the NFL right now is anywhere near the talent of LeBron James. These guys have everything. Speed, power, elusiveness, you name it. Not to mention all these NFL rookies that got super POT boosts for doing nothing...

Rorschach

Striker said:
Hope for '11 is a true CAP system. They can still modify how these speed backs are getting in, and some other positions, but a CAP/contracts would be the best addition. Teams like the Browns and Texans will be forced to select good players in the Draft, or if EA/Tiburon even makes it so, trading picks, which would allow us to trade down and get picks/players in return.
Oh, they better have new rookies since these were obviously rushed and a copy/paste job from head coach. They have all the same names and attributes.

Striker

Rorschach said:
Oh, they better have new rookies since these were obviously rushed and a copy/paste job from head coach. They have all the same names and attributes.
:lol I didn't know that, smh!

Has Story been around? :\

LiveWire

Rorschach said:
I couldn't use Al Davis, so I had to use Dan Snyder as someone who would make a grab for Vick. It doesn't have to make sense for one joke!

Damn, you got me all excited, I thought the Skins had signed Vick. :(

Striker said:
:lol I didn't know that, smh!

Has Story been around? :\

I've been sick all day and since I already lost motivation to play this game anyway since the difference between the haves and have nots is so huge with the busted defensive game, it's hard to want to play when I feel like crap on top of that.

I'd be willing to play in a few minutes if you're still around.

Ramirez

Wellington said:

Adrian Peterson
Chris Johnson
Ronnie Brown until he got hurt
Ray Rice
Cedric Benson
Mojo
DeAngelo Williams/Jonathan Stewart
Steven Jackson
Frank Gore

And it was down years for:

Steve Slaton
Brian Westbrook
LDT (Tho there won't be another up year)
Michael Turner

Young up and comers:
Shonn Greene
Knowshon
Beanie Wells
Felix Jones

The guys that have been drafted far exceed the RBs that are in the game, mainly in speed for most of them, perhaps if speed wasn't such a killer in this game on tosses and such it wouldn't be so noticeable.

Do I want you to not use them Matrix? I couldn't care less, that wasn't the point I was making.

At least Rors gets it...

Matrix

Ramirez said:
The guys that have been drafted far exceed the RBs that are in the game, mainly in speed for most of them, perhaps if speed wasn't such a killer in this game on tosses and such it wouldn't be so noticeable.

Do I want you to not use them Matrix? I couldn't care less, that wasn't the point I was making.

At least Rors gets it...

I understood what you were saying and I agree with you, but their is nothing we can do about it this year. You do care because you brought it up, but again no one is going to stop using them because it gives us a chance to hang with teams that are f-ing stacked on both sides of the ball.

I know you never said people should stop using them, but that would be the only way to combat the issue this year.

Striker

storybook77 said:
I've been sick all day and since I already lost motivation to play this game anyway since the difference between the haves and have nots is so huge with the busted defensive game, it's hard to want to play when I feel like crap on top of that.

I'd be willing to play in a few minutes if you're still around.
If you're not feeling like it and sick, won't hurt to put it off until tomorrow. It's cool with me.

Everybody dropping like flies. :\

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Honestly the only person I see cheating here is Matrix.

By YPA with 50+ carries. Fantasy backs bolded:

Bjoern Mason - 9.07 YPA
Westbrook - 7.78 YPA
Sproles - 7.63 YPA
Brown - 7.35 YPA
Tomlinson - 7.24 YPA
Lynch - 7.23 YPA
Lockwood - 7.08 YPA
Keller - 7.04 YPA

McFadden - 6.87 YPA
Girley - 6.87 YPA
Williams - 6.78 YPA
James - 6.65 YPA
Bush - 6.35 YPA
Stewart - 6.29 YPA
Rice - 6.13 YPA
Jacobs - 5.89 YPA

I don't think the percentage of the fantasy backs in that list is a huge deal. As you can see, offense overall is inflated.

People just have to control their desires to toss on every play I guess. Matrix's guy with 96 spd and 99 trk is just way out of control tho :lol

Matrix

Cheating? :lol

Never change CK.

I don't toss that much, you can ask people that have played me.

Matrix

Wellington said:
I'm just joking. :|

And the tosses wasn't a reference to you.

I can never tell with you after the whole LJ thing :lol

My bad.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
sorry man, it's a little too late for me to start tonight, going to sleep in a few. If you can get a rep for me tonight, and DM is on, you know what to do :p Unless the league is ok for tomorrow. Though, my window is smaller tomorrow.

About DM, though...we need to get him a FAST FIVE tag :lol

Rorschach

I think one thing we can all agree on is that I'm going to lay an epic whoopin' on the Bears if we make it to week 17. Agreed? I'm coming for dat pout, Boobles!

Matrix

We better make it to week 17 or this season has been a complete waste of time :(

all is well! my authority is total!

p.s. it's not a problem with "fantasy backs", it's a problem with people not knowing how to deal with them. ask luke how badly bjoern "burned" him.

yes, it sucks to have to play a certain way or account for certain things in order to stop someone, but isn't that what football is about? matchups?

madden isn't perfect but you guys are acting like it's NFL blitz out there against 99 speed rb's and that is simply not the case. they have been stopped and will be stopped again.

Top Bottom