• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

So, is it possible that we might be able to get Mihawk's ship after the Mihawk event? Not really clear as to when it was released in the Japanese version.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I'm not going to use them until there is a event. It's been hard to farm them and I don't know when they might come again. So it'd be better to wait a bit

It's Sunday evening. Most people have already used their 5 barrel breaks already.

Hope I'm wrong though. How many uses have you do?
I'm just freeing up room for turtle times for Mihawk mass leveling. I had about 15, so now I'm back to 10. I got way too lucky with them yesterday.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
So, is it possible that we might be able to get Mihawk's ship after the Mihawk event? Not really clear as to when it was released in the Japanese version.
On the Japanese blog, it reads that it's a reward for clearing Mihawk's zero-stamina isle. I read that the zero stamina isle is available to test damage vs Mihawk, so maybe it'll be released soon.

RalchAC

Still have all 5 to go, didn't have any better luck when I posted on Wednesday.

Weird. Everybody was with a barrel breaking frenzy at that time iirc
On the Japanese blog, it reads that it's a reward for clearing Mihawk's zero-stamina isle. I read that the zero stamina isle is available to test damage vs Mihawk, so maybe it'll be released soon.

Does the updated training island has Mihawk instead of Ace? I just gave it a look and it says "Updated 0 stamina island". Sounds like they would add something a bit more difficult that what we currently fight there, just like there is a Veteran Gold island right now. Not a sample of what we're going to fight the 29th.

Does the updated training island has Mihawk instead of Ace? I just gave it a look and it says "Updated 0 stamina island". Sounds like they would add something a bit more difficult that what we currently fight there, just like there is a Veteran Gold island right now. Not a sample of what we're going to fight the 29th.

It's a new island that is much much harder than the one we have. Very few teams will reach Mihawk. You can't even gem to revive if you just want the ship.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OvItiBDIMQ

Edit: A team that actually won https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3cJqDpp9mY

It's a new island that is much much harder than the one we have. Very few teams will reach Mihawk. You can't even gem to revive if you just want the ship.

Holy crap. Didn't think it would be that bad. Shew.

I want a Gear 3rd Luffy so badly. It really sucks having spent as much time as I have on this game, but not having one of the essential units for future content. There are people, who have played for probably half the time I have, that are doing more damage than my pimped out Slasher team could even dream of doing.

That being said, whine time over. I still enjoy the game, so I don't want to cry about it too much. Just had a bit of a moment there.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
There was someone asking earlier if its worth leveling Jozu...well there you have it ;-)

I want a Gear 3rd Luffy so badly. It really sucks having spent as much time as I have on this game, but not having one of the essential units for future content. There are people, who have played for probably half the time I have, that are doing more damage than my pimped out Slasher team could even dream of doing.

That being said, whine time over. I still enjoy the game, so I don't want to cry about it too much.

G3 Luffy isnt essential for anything - sure its easier with him if you have the right subs but its not like he is the only Top Tier unit or that other teams cant reach that damage if you work on them. Once you get Mihawk on your Slasher team i doubt you will complain about damage that much...

Also you are likely to pull him at some point as well....didnt get him when they were released but on the last Sugofest.

PS. If i had Whitebeard on my main acc though...dude is ridiculous OP.

chrono01

Yeah, Gear Third Luffy is great, but he's not the end all, be all, of top-tier units. What makes him so strong isn't just his multiplier [although it definitely helps], but that he's not restricted to a specific type so you're free to use your most powerful units as you see fit. The game is still young too, with many new/powerful character being released at a constant pace, giving you more chances to pull something decent from the gatcha when you use your Rainbow Gems. However, you also keep getting more less..."desirable" units added in too, so I guess it can work both ways. :/

I think it's safe to assume, however, that the Sugofest-exclusive units will always remain as the best in the game. Whitebeard, Rayleigh, Boa Hancock, I need them and I need them now. There are rumors that an INT up will be around when Rayleigh is added in [unless Namco Bandai messes with the cycle], and if so...goodbye Rainbow Gems.

Limit

G3 Luffy is solid but is by no means a character that I want to continue using daily for farming. It has happened way too many times wherein I come back from work and fire up this game to relax but the opposite of relaxation happens when I fail to hit a perfect and end up losing 30 stamina because the recovery of a G3 team is so low. I can't switch to a regular multiplier leader at this point in time either because people are so quick to drop you off from their friend list. Mihawk should change this, hopefully. And in terms of a character that is useful both for boss fights and regular farming Rayleigh seems like the king. He is one character that I want the most right now.

Edit: A new android game that I have been playing and enjoying for the last few days is called dungeon link. Has anyone here tried it? If not then give it a spin. The game mechanics are fun.

chrono01

I can't switch to a regular multiplier leader at this point in time either because people are so quick to drop you off from their friend list.
I just wanted to say that I would never remove a fellow GAF member from my Friend List, no matter what Captain they're running. The only time I'll remove someone is if they haven't logged in for an extended period of time [say, three weeks] and my Friend List is full and there are other people to add.

So no worries there, at least from me. I'm sure others here share the same sentiment.

RalchAC

Holy shit at that place. Must be crushing. The guy even had those 2 Mihawks with his skill cooldown at max.

Yeah, Gear Third Luffy is great, but he's not the end all, be all, of top-tier units. What makes him so strong isn't just his multiplier [although it definitely helps], but that he's not restricted to a specific type so you're free to use your most powerful units as you see fit. The game is still young too, with many new/powerful character being released at a constant pace, giving you more chances to pull something decent from the gatcha when you use your Rainbow Gems. However, you also keep getting more less..."desirable" units added in too, so I guess it can work both ways. :/

I think it's safe to assume, however, that the Sugofest-exclusive units will always remain as the best in the game. Whitebeard, Rayleigh, Boa Hancock, I need them and I need them now. There are rumors that an INT up will be around when Rayleigh is added in [unless Namco Bandai messes with the cycle], and if so...goodbye Rainbow Gems.

Well, there aren't many "non-desirable units" being added at least until we reach Alubarna. I mean, most "new" story units are the Baroque Works dudes that were added on the first batch of Gacha only character.

But it doesn't matter. I've got non-evolved Kuro 5 times and non-evolved Tashigis 3 times on the Gacha pull. As long as Bamco doesn't remove those two units I'll keep falling into despair. Keep in mind that I didn't pull anything on the QCK rate up that they did before the Straw Hats v2

That being said, whine time over. I still enjoy the game, so I don't want to cry about it too much. Just had a bit of a moment there.

Sorry if I made you feel like that. He actually managed to beat it with that same team https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ-LSDpd8ps so the only tough unit to get is the max skill Mihawk (levels will be easy when we get non-purple turtle time).

From what I saw on YouTube, most of the future content can be done with farmable units only, with the exception of 60 stamina Doflamingo (might be doable, it's just that I never saw it done) and that's still 6 months away. Most of those videos had a max skill Mihawk either as captain or sub, so you might want to start planning on farming him (not necessarily this time, he'll be back in about 2 months).

Gear Luffy is rated 9.5/10 right now in JP (link, use google translate or chrome), same as most 6* units (WB is 10, Shanks is 9 and the rest are 9.5), he's that good. Again, you don't need him just like you don't need the 6*, most raid bosses are top tier and people who don't trust their RR luck enough can invest their gems in farming them instead of getting cobys and usopps from rare recruit.

Yeah, I know guys. Of course, I really didn't mean to imply I just wanted 3rd Gear Luffy. I actually don't even like using him if I'm being honest. I'm just scared that I'll end up whiffing on Sugofest pulls in the future as well. Like I said though, cry mode deactivated!

That being said, on a slightly whiny note, Holy crap does 5* Shanks have horrible timing on his attack. Ugh. He's one of my favorites, but it's so hard to get perfects now that I've evolved him.

chrono01

Gear Luffy is rated 9.5/10 right now in JP (link, use google translate or chrome), same as most 6* units (WB is 10, Shanks is 9 and the rest are 9.5), he's that good. Again, you don't need him just like you don't need the 6*, most raid bosses are top tier and people who don't trust their RR luck enough can invest their gems in farming them instead of getting cobys and usopps from rare recruit.
I was trying to make Cloggerdude feel better. Gear Third Luffy is Godly.

Sorry Cloggerdude. Don't give up!

Heng

There was someone asking earlier if its worth leveling Jozu...well there you have it ;-)
Haha yeah I see that now. I didn't doubt how useful he actually is, I just mis-worded that question. What I meant to ask was if I should level his 4* over 5*Marco, 5*Vista, and 5*Blamenco when I know I'm not going to need him for Mihawk.

I'll eventually level him, seeing how good he is vs Doflamingo and other Dex raids. For now, I'm focusing on the units I use atm and will get to him after I get those 3 and Mihawk to around level 50.

I got a Laboon today. So tackle Mihawk with a Laboon Vivi team or better use a STR team?
I would Laboon and Vivi with units that will keep your health under 4k (if you're using a level 72 Vivi) or at least less than 2x Vivi's heal per turn.

Ugh! Right before Mihawk, my Turtle Time just has to be the one, single rotation I can't get to at either timeblock. Such luck. Very Mihawk. Wow.

If I'm doing this properly again my times are 3am(10:00) and 1pm(20:00) which are doable. 1pm is something I'll have to quickly fit in while at work but otherwise I'm okay with these times. xD

Thanks for doing the math. These are doable. 3am isn't preferable, but definitely doable.

Xcution

My times for EST are 3pm and 1am the next day aka tuesday. 3pm middle of work...guess i will come down with some stomach issues and 1 am i isually never do this but i need to be packed for Mihawk...alarm already set :)

chrono01

So I did the math and I have enough material to fuse 1,140,000XP into Gear Third Luffy. I know, not as much as some of you here, but it's still a decent amount. I'll have more on Monday too where I'll [hopefully] receive some more Black Elder/Black Daimyo Turtles. This isn't counting a possible "Super Success", although my luck in that regard hasn't been the best. But then, there's also a possibility of getting keys from barrel-breaking too!

He's Level 65 now, I wonder if that will be enough to max him. Probably not, but I'll try nonetheless!

I would Laboon and Vivi with units that will keep your health under 4k (if you're using a level 72 Vivi) or at least less than 2x Vivi's heal per turn.

So whats the strategy with Laboon and Vivi?

Laboon as a captain and Vivi from a friend with units that keep my total health under 4k?

chrono01

So whats the strategy with Laboon and Vivi?

Laboon as a captain and Vivi from a friend with units that keep my total health under 4k?
Keep your HP a little over half of whatever 5x your current RCV is. The higher the level your Vivi is, the more RCV you'll have so you can fit stronger units on your team [such as Arlong]. Basically, you want your Laboon to be as low as you can [5/10] and your Vivi to be around 72+.

Squall516

Finally after about 25-30 tries got my Laboon!!!! ^_^ now i already have a few friends that are Vivi but i dont think any of them are evolved or if they are they arnt a high lvl Vivi. So anyone that has a high lvl vivi that can add me that would be amazing!! and really help me out for Mihawk and since i have Laboon you can use him as your friend captain too my friend ID is 056 547 253 so if you have a high lvl vivi and can add me then plz do.

Also i still have to do 1 more of the friend game before it resets on Monday so if anyone else still needs to do it let me know and i can set the gps to w.e. Also anyone know what the turtles times for the digit 7 will be in EST? tom? Thanks and wish everyone luck in turtles and mihawk this week :D

chrono01

Finally after about 25-30 tries got my Laboon!!!! ^_^ now i already have a few friends that are Vivi but i dont think any of them are evolved or if they are they arnt a high lvl Vivi. So anyone that has a high lvl vivi that can add me that would be amazing!! and really help me out for Mihawk and since i have Laboon you can use him as your friend captain too my friend ID is 056 547 253 so if you have a high lvl vivi and can add me then plz do.

Also i still have to do 1 more of the friend game before it resets on Monday so if anyone else still needs to do it let me know and i can set the gps to w.e. Also anyone know what the turtles times for the digit 7 will be in EST? tom? Thanks and wish everyone luck in turtles and mihawk this week :D
I don't have a Vivi [yet], but I can help you out with your local Turtle Times.

Enter your sixth digit here and it'll give you the correct time for your area.

http://zachnguyen.weebly.com/turtle-times-one-piece-treasure-cruise.html

Squall516

I don't have a Vivi [yet], but I can help you out with your local Turtle Times.

Enter your sixth digit here and it'll give you the correct time for your area.

http://zachnguyen.weebly.com/turtle-times-one-piece-treasure-cruise.html

i hate that it gives it in 24hr time but that link is awesome and super convenient, so i dont have to go and try to figure it out with some list that changes everyweek lol. But that is accurate for tomorrow right? and is that site updated every week to use? if yes to both thats awesome and favoriting that link to use lol :p

Xcution

So I did the math and I have enough material to fuse 1,140,000XP into Gear Third Luffy. I know, not as much as some of you here, but it's still a decent amount. I'll have more on Monday too where I'll [hopefully] receive some more Black Elder/Black Daimyo Turtles. This isn't counting a possible "Super Success", although my luck in that regard hasn't been the best. But then, there's also a possibility of getting keys from barrel-breaking too!

He's Level 65 now, I wonder if that will be enough to max him. Probably not, but I'll try nonetheless!

Chrono if you go to the POWER UP screen for luffy it will tell you how much EXP you have invested in him. Go to the OP TC website and find the total amount of exp to max. Subtract and you have how much exp you need to max.

Does this make sense?

Edit: not Chrono i meant Bhrono lol

Squall516

also i would suggest too that before wasting the turtles, wait and see if you get any pigs, bc you can use the turtles to evolve the pigs, which will give you even more experience you can use to evolve luffy and save some of the other guys to add experience to your other characters

chrono01

i hate that it gives it in 24hr time but that link is awesome and super convenient, so i dont have to go and try to figure it out with some list that changes everyweek lol. But that is accurate for tomorrow right? and is that site updated every week to use? if yes to both thats awesome and favoriting that link to use lol :p
Yeah, it's accurate. It has been for the last few weeks anyway!

Chrono if you go to the POWER UP screen for luffy it will tell you how much EXP you have invested in him. Go to the OP TC website and find the total amount of exp to max. Subtract and you have how much exp you need to max.

Does this make sense?

Edit: not Chrono i meant Bhrono lol
Thanks man, I'll have to remember to do this later!

Heng

So can anyone help me out? I have 1 more friend game to do this week before it resets can anyone help me out?
I might have an alt left I'd you want, but I'm pretty sure it isn't gold today.

Edit: I do have a run left, add 437348400 and a zip code if anyone needs it.

Nevermind, looks like we already did it this week squall.

Squall516

I might have an alt left I'd you want, but I'm pretty sure it isn't gold today.

Edit: I do have a run left, add 437348400 and a zip code if anyone needs it.

Nevermind, looks like we already did it this week squall.
Oh we did? Bc I just added that and it didn't say we were friends already so maybe it was on a diff alt? so we if can do it I'm on zip 11580

Heng

Oh we did? Bc I just added that and it didn't say we were friends already so maybe it was on a diff alt? so we if can do it I'm on zip 11580
Yeah I just removed everyone on my friends list since I'm going to make more alts tomorrow. We can try though.

Squall516

Ah no your right I guess we did already do it Cause the box is open. Well shit lol :/ anyone else still need to do it? Add me and the zip is 11580 and we can do it

Xcution

Quick dumb math here got me scared lol

Mihawk second evo to max is 4 million

Using turtles that are bit green...55,000 exp

4mill / 55k = ~72 elder turles.

Holy cow bro this guy is thirsty 8(

Quick dumb math here got me scared lol

Mihawk second evo to max is 4 million

Using turtles that are bit green...55,000 exp

4mill / 55k = ~72 elder turles.

Holy cow bro this guy is thirsty 8(

That's okay when you consider how useful a unit he is. Now Smoker on the other hand... his second evolution maxes out at level 99 for 3 million exp, which would be fine if it wasn't required for his 3rd evolution which oddly enough has a lower exp cap at 2 million. I mean 2215 HP and 1282 ATK at max level is nice but it's not THAT nice. It's like they thought Smoker looked really cool on his bike and gave him a 3rd evolution without having thought it out.

Squall516

so anyone else need to do the friend game? dont wanna keep posting and be a pain, but i got one more left and really want to try and hopefully get keys to get some pigs to evolve after turtle time tom :/ I just need to do 1 more

DrAg0nBoY

You can do the friend game only with people who are in the same town as you? Because if so, then I won't be able to do it at all, because nobody plays the game where I live (at least I don't know anybody who does :().

Jayhawk

You can do the friend game only with people who are in the same town as you? Because if so, then I won't be able to do it at all, because nobody plays the game where I live (at least I don't know anybody who does :().

Android users are easily able to spoof their GPS location, making the friend game easier to do.

Wazzy

Banned
so anyone else need to do the friend game? dont wanna keep posting and be a pain, but i got one more left and really want to try and hopefully get keys to get some pigs to evolve after turtle time tom :/ I just need to do 1 more
I have an alt but it's IOS. If you have android you can spoof to my location and I'll do the game with you. :)

Top Bottom