• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
20KSSy7.jpg

Well, that was fast.

ah_hia

I don't know if I should use the Nico Robin books now or wait for another 2x skill event. :<

It depends on your luck really. If you are running out of box space, I say go for it. Plenty of people have been screwed by skill up days even though they had plenty of mats. But if you really want to make the effort to try on skill up days, nothing wrong with that either.

StMeph

It depends on your luck really. If you are running out of box space, I say go for it. Plenty of people have been screwed by skill up days even though they had plenty of mats. But if you really want to make the effort to try on skill up days, nothing wrong with that either.

The bigger issue is the irregularity and lack of predictability as to when the next event would come around again. If it's months, then I might as well try now to get some skill ups for Garp. If it's sooner than that, I might as well hold on. But no one knows, so it's hard to judge.

17 turns is the max you can you stall for Garp IIRC. I'm going to get Robin and Coby to 15 turns then start saving their books for a skill up event (not expecting one before Garp). Most of the books I got so far are for Fire Pearl, v1 Coby and Hachi which is pretty disappointing.

Since Baratie is 2x Drop today I tried farming Johnny, only got 1 drop from 20 runs but thankfully my Broggy got a skill up from it. I'll just wait for Alvida's fortnight to farm Guimons though, Johnny's drop rate is just bad.

RedBoot

I'm glad the 30stam Cobymeppo island is so much easier for me than Hina's was, I never quite found a team that could beat her 100% of the time. Meanwhile, I can practically sleepwalk this one with double Vista. The EXP is amazing, I did four runs this morning (two runs > level up > two more runs) and I should be able to do the same tonight when my stamina refills.

Already got Coby and Helmeppo close to lv50, I'll need to get some dragons tomorrow to evolve them. Gonna split my time between the event island and farming for Mr.3 and Brogy over the next couple weeks. Putting my full focus on getting Garp, possibly multiple copies for skill increasing. That'll give me a strong PSY team to go alongside my INT team.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
That feeling when you feed Coby 5 cards and get 0 skill ups...gotta love it
3AQmK.gif

Wazzy

Banned
I got a work meeting in 20 minutes, so if we catch each other before then.. sure.
I'm actually heading to work in 10 mins so wanna quickly go now? I'll start tapping just spoof to me lol

Edit: thanks! I got beli which should be useful if I can get some keys xD

chrono01

Pearl stats are really bad. I think he is not worth it even if you only have the "good" farmable units, which are Luffy 2nd Gear, Arlong, Aldiva and Morgan. You're probably going to get a better result using those 5000 EXP points in some character that you have below level 40.
Thanks man. I guess I'll be feeding them away for XP then.

I'll be saving the Coby V2, Helmeppo V2, and Nico Robin skillbooks.

yesterday was pretty good
after a million tries finally maxed

did another run at brogy an got him

not sure about my quick team for monster chopper. my jozu is at around lvl 70 and my other units are also decently leveld, but i think i will use vivi/zoro on my first runs. it's just feels alot safer and i hate wasting so much stamina
Congrats!

As for MC, I'm not sure what I'll do either. I don't have Jozu/Killer, but I do have an adequately-leveled Ace. All of my other QCK units are around Level 60 too.

I was thinking of going with:

Ace/Ace
DJ Sanji
Hina
Coby V2
GH Usopp

I could also do:

G3 Luffy/G3 Luffy
DJ Sanji
Hina
Coby V2
GH Usopp

(Lead with GH Usopp, Coby V2, then both G3 Luffy and finish with Hina/DJ Sanji.)

I'm thinking my Ace team might be better, but it's dangerous since I'm not sure my damage output will be there. I'd rather not use Rainbow Gems to finish, nor waste stamina unnecessarily. the Vivi/Laboon route is slower [a lot slower], but at least it's safe You've more-or-less won when you reach Monster Chopper, you just need to stay awake.

I haven't got a single Robin book...
Same here. It's Towel Nami all over again!

That feeling when you feed Coby 5 cards and get 0 skill ups...gotta love it
3AQmK.gif
Seriously.

Another skill-up event when? I know, it'll be a LONG time.

Qmzn

Neo Member
Johnny's drop rate is just bad.

It's a shame, too. It feels like that stage is made for leveling Gaimon/Broggy/Dory, but it's a total red herring.

I just got my first Robin manual. Can confirm they drop from the 2 Marines that flank Coby on Elite, much in the same way Nami books on Elite only dropped from Hina's entourage.

I know some people are enjoying Cobymeppo, but I miss Hina--it was my favorite fortnight so far. Rolling for Special Lv ups every time I got a duplicate poster was fun, as was the flood of semi-useful manuals. I even liked getting Kuroobi/Gin ones, as the short animations of their specials go nicely with Vivi/Laboon.

The common manuals this time around seem to be Fire Pearl and Hachi. I did keep those characters around, but I haven't seen a Special Lv up after eight tries. All my decent characters are Lv 50+, so using the manuals for XP instead seems a waste of Beli. At least the yellow Daimyos are moving my Vivi forward.

Got a Rainbow Thief Penguin today. Not sure whether to use it to evolve Smoker now, or wait for a Sea Stallion, then use it to get Princess Vivi or 5* Izo. Probably should wait on Vivi, since she's used in the most setups.

RalchAC

It's a shame, too. It feels like that stage is made for leveling Gaimon/Broggy/Dory, but it's a total red herring.

I just got my first Robin manual. Can confirm they drop from the 2 Marines that flank Coby on Elite, much in the same way Nami books on Elite only dropped from Hina's entourage.

I know some people are enjoying Cobymeppo, but I miss Hina--it was my favorite fortnight so far. Rolling for Special Lv ups every time I got a duplicate poster was fun, as was the flood of semi-useful manuals. I even liked getting Kuroobi/Gin ones, as the short animations of their specials go nicely with Vivi/Laboon.

The common manuals this time around seem to be Fire Pearl and Hachi. I did keep those characters around, but I haven't seen a Special Lv up after eight tries. All my decent characters are Lv 50+, so using the manuals for XP instead seems a waste of Beli. At least the yellow Daimyos are moving my Vivi forward.

Got a Rainbow Thief Penguin today. Not sure whether to use it to evolve Smoker now, or wait for a Sea Stallion, then use it to get Princess Vivi or 5* Izo. Probably should wait on Vivi, since she's used in the most setups.

My favorite part about characters having the same skill in both forms is that when you get a poster on Expert is that you can get around 15k Exp for that character ( 7-8 and the character bonus)

Definitely better to level yp the characters than using books

I guess I'll have to make up another makeshift team to deal with cobymeppo..

Gear 3rd didn't completely demolish 15 sta, so I imagine that won't go well for 30 stamina .. maybe if I put an int unit on for the final hit? not sure..

My int units are a high level Nico Robin, a so-so morgan .. and a bunch of lower level trash.. so I can't really rely on that.

Jayhawk

3 sets of keys and 1 black daimyo turtle so far from friend game

I have 1 more gold chest for the week for my 2/7 GAF bros.

Hana-Bi

Only one skill up for Coby... No skill up for the other chars - with almost 30 used skill books. I saved my Robin books, maybe I'll wait for the next skill up event...

Mazre

Yup! Sorry i was tapping and nothing so I gave you a couple mins. I'll tap rn!

Edit: actually give me a couple mins. I gotta de with something at work quickly

Ok, just say when.

Jay, thanks for the cola.

Edit: ...and it's gone =(

Jayhawk

4 sets of keys this week. The 4th set only gave me 2 pig drops. I need a lot of yellow baby turtles and Coby/Helmeppo event doesn't seem to drop any.

Kumo

Just a heads up, the 2x drop rate for Zeff started, so for those of you who want to farm him now would be a good time :p

Seems like most people are focused on the Cobimeppo event and the upcoming MC event that this got overlooked. Not sure if I want to farm him myself, still trying to get two more rainbow thief penguins :(

Wazzy

Banned
I hope I can get one set of keys before MC. I wanna power up some characters in prep.
ok

Edit: Thanks for the cola.

Still 3 barrels available, I'm not picky either, I usually finish the week with left overs.
Heh, cola too. Thanks!

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I have Coby at skill level 4 so far and level 50. Helmeppo is at an unevolved level 40, Robin books are very rare and have given me 0 skill ups. Dammit all.

chrono01

Judging from Reddit, Robin's skillbook is at a much lower rate than Towel Nami. I've run Expert maybe...seven times so far and only have one. Granted I don't even have Robin yet, but I'd like to save as many skillbooks for her until I do. It won't be easy.

Hachi/Pearl, though. SKILLBOOKS APLENTY!

Wazzy

Banned
Man. Yellow teen turtle drops? Plenty. Helmeppo AND his skill books? Yup. Coby's Skillbooks? Plenty. Coby himself? ZERO.

:(

Mazre

Gotten pretty lucky, 2 experts, and 1 of each of the lower difficulties, have coby, helmeppo, 2 robin skillbooks, several yellow teen turtles, and a mix of the other skill books.

Ferga

Does anyone know the damage amp for attribute weaknesses?

Is it x1.5?

Edit: It's x2 for anyone who was wondering. Tried it out on 0 stam island

DrAg0nBoY

I am kinda so behind on getting exp units, because I am not using the friend game stuff :(.

Also for Garp, I have this INT units:
I will try to get Helmeppo to his second form today, and probably change don for GP Ussopp.

Now can I run this for Garp? If I level them up somehow? And should I use Nico or Nami as captain (probably Nami, right?)

Oh and I will probably just skip MC, because I don't have the characters to beat him and I don't know if I have the time and will to go Vivi/Laboon.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Tried my Killer team yesterday with Cobys active on matching orbs. Looks good...i should be able to hit for around 800k damage per round if not more.

Just stayed this and rolled miss goldenweek and killer. Should I re roll?

Both are Top Tier units - i would be happy if i had started with them. Especially Killer should allow you to clear the first Islands fast. And Robin is essential for Burst INT team.

Def. save this acc. Only Luffy G3 or Whitebeard would be better i guess...but you can get the later as well.
I am kinda so behind on getting exp units, because I am not using the friend game stuff :(.

I will try to get Helmeppo to his second form today, and probably change don for GP Ussopp.

Now can I run this for Garp? If I level them up somehow? And should I use Nico or Nami as captain (probably Nami, right?)

Oh and I will probably just skip MC, because I don't have the characters to beat him and I don't know if I have the time and will to go Vivi/Laboon.

If you are running a INT team for Garp you will wanna use Vista, Towel Nami or Rayleigh (not released yet) as Captains. Your current INT Captains are quite bad...Robin is supposed to be a sub, not a Captain because of her lackluster leader skill. You should farm Captain Buggy until you get one of the better Gacha exclusive INT leaders. BUt yeah use your Nami in the meanwhile and team up with Friend Towel Namis/Vista.

pLow7

Probably not. If you go a few Pages back you'll see a damage-table posted by Korial where you can see the DMG and Units needed. You need a max leveled Towel-Nami+Robin+Coby and max lvl Merry.

Just a heads up, the 2x drop rate for Zeff started, so for those of you who want to farm him now would be a good time :p

Seems like most people are focused on the Cobimeppo event and the upcoming MC event that this got overlooked. Not sure if I want to farm him myself, still trying to get two more rainbow thief penguins :(

AAAAAAAAAAAnd its 2xDrop Baratie today too. So 4x Chance on dropping Zeff today.

Top Bottom