• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

Wazzy

Banned
I've got a bunch of Robin skill books but I'm wondering If I can use them now to level her up and still be able to increase her special? It would be a lot more helpful than stacking them up till I max her but if her special has a higher chance of leveling with her evolved form I'll keep them.

Also Coby evolved and I was able to get a level up on his special.

Edit: nvm special is different so it def won't work

Is this worth playing for someone not familiar with One Piece? I've seen other anime and I''ve read manga too, but OP is much longer and I cba.

Gamo looks fun tho and I need a decent game on my phone.

It's fun on its own, though knowing the characters certainly adds to the experience. That said, the game actually follows the storyline- goes through all the arcs. In the English version we're up to like episode 77 in the anime, in the game.

chrono01

Any other 0/5 users want to break barrels with a fellow 5 user? I still have two attempts left for the week. I'm on iOS.

If yes, enter the Postal Code below and I'll start tapping.

T5G 3A6

Qmzn

Neo Member
Is this worth playing for someone not familiar with One Piece?

As a fan of One Piece, it's difficult to be objective, but I'd say the game has a lot going for it besides the One Piece IP. The UI is easy to navigate. The visuals are amazingly consistent. I haven't played many mobile games, but this game has the highest production value I've seen so far on an Android platform. The attention to detail in the sprite work reminds me of games like Metal Slug, and the character portraits are some of the best One Piece art I've seen. Can't believe I'd say this about a mobile game, but I'd buy a $30 art book.

The gameplay has a nice sense of "oomph" to it. You hit the screen, your guys smack stuff around. It hasn't gotten old yet, and I've probably put over 100 hours in. I find it far more engaging than card battles or any of that other stuff that involves shuffling static character portraits around.

Problems, well, on Android, the sound effects and music cause performance to choke on slower devices. It's not as bad on iOS. Like other games of the genre, it leans heavily on the RNG, leading to heartbreak when trying to get new characters, and slower progress through higher-end missions.

I'd just try it out. You'll know pretty quick whether you're into it after the tutorial stage. The game doesn't change drastically from the way it starts, really.

Nibel

Japan getting another Sugofest.
LLShC.gif

chrono01

I have 2 friend games left and just a bit over 2 hours left for my gold chest. PANIC! I'm willing to do silver chests, anyone?
Same here.

If anyone is silver, and wants a gold chest, I'm still gold for a few more hours. I'll gladly barrel break with you [assuming you're on Android].

chrono01

Thanks, Cola. I always need more Cola.

[Damn you, Usopp!]

Nice to see you got some keys! \o/

Just a bit more time until my gold chest is no more. I have enough for one more run, so if any silver/gold Android users want to barrel break, let me know. I'll be at the Postal Code listed above. :)

chrono01

I wouldn't have minded some cola either.

Stuck at 8... Or 7. I don't know. I try to avoid that tab lol
I don't blame you. It's soul-crushing.

I just need one more upgrade, ONE MORE! I can't count how many times Usopp has failed me. So many wasted Cola.

I don't blame you. It's soul-crushing.

I just need one more upgrade, ONE MORE! I can't count how many times Usopp has failed me. So many wasted Cola.

I've been stuck on getting the last upgrade on my Merry for what seems like months. I curse Usopp's name every time I see cola because I can just feel the impending disappointment.

That "KLUNK!" sound is pure evil.

I have sound effects turned off to hit perfects. Instead I have to watch the as the screen slowly zooms back out and watch the Merry ever so nonchalantly floats to the side while the silhouette of that goddamn smug useless bastard looms across my screen. You want to know why the Going Merry died, Usopp? It's because you did it. You killed her. I hope you're happy with yourself.

chrono01

I have sound effects turned off to hit perfects. Instead I have to watch the as the screen slowly zooms back out and the the Merry ever so nonchalantly floats to the side while the silhouette of that goddamn smug useless bastard looms across my screen. You want to know why the Going Merry died, Usopp? It's because you did it. You killed her. I hope you're happy with yourself.
LOL

Qmzn

Neo Member
There should be a "Failed Upgrade Usopp" raid boss. He only has 1HP, but he preemptive strikes with his special, which is just the "klunk" failure animation reused. It demoralizes your team for 9 turns so they can't attack, and he does it 11 times in a row.

On the hundredth turn, he runs away. The only reward for clearing is the title "Disappointment".

chrono01

There should be a "Failed Upgrade Usopp" raid boss. He only has 1HP, but he preemptive strikes with his special, which is just the "klunk" failure animation reused. It demoralizes your team for 9 turns so they can't attack, and he does it 11 times in a row.

On the hundredth turn, he runs away. The only reward for clearing is the title "Disappointment".
You evil...evil man!

Last call for my gold chest. Any silver/gold want to run it before I lose it? I have one more attempt for the week [iOS].

RalchAC

Am I the only one that has problem hitting perfects with the giants? I think it's because the camera gets too close and I can't see well both the letters and the character animation.

I have sound effects turned off to hit perfects. Instead I have to watch the as the screen slowly zooms back out and the the Merry ever so nonchalantly floats to the side while the silhouette of that goddamn smug useless bastard looms across my screen. You want to know why the Going Merry died, Usopp? It's because you did it. You killed her. I hope you're happy with yourself.

Lol at the comment.

I have sound effects turned off too. I think that's not a problem on iOS, but you get a bit of lag if you're using Android with sounds... which is absolutely terrible if you're using characters with short attacks like Arlong, Mihawk or G3 Luffy.

Nibel

I have sound effects turned off to hit perfects. Instead I have to watch the as the screen slowly zooms back out and watch the Merry ever so nonchalantly floats to the side while the silhouette of that goddamn smug useless bastard looms across my screen. You want to know why the Going Merry died, Usopp? It's because you did it. You killed her. I hope you're happy with yourself.

I feel you, man

Every time I see that fucking nose I get angry

Okay tried 30 stamina cobbymeppo and I died, lol..

I need to find a quicker way to charge through helmeppo, cause I essentially required god usopp to survive him to begin with this time.

Maybe replacing arlong with marco might help.

RalchAC

I need to find a quicker way to charge through helmeppo, cause I essentially required god usopp to survive him to begin with this time.

Which kind of team are you using? G3?

Hana-Bi

Yeah, I don't really have a comfortable team for the 30 stam Coby islan eitherd. With G3 I have problems to hit perfects, with Mihawk it works okay and a Vista/Nami team is the easiest team but I need Mr3s turn delay for Helmeppo...

Yeah, I don't really have a comfortable team for the 30 stam Coby islan eitherd. With G3 I have problems to hit perfects, with Mihawk it works okay and a Vista/Nami team is the easiest team but I need Mr3s turn delay for Helmeppo...

Yeah I don't have Vista, my only decent INT unit atm is Robin so I'm super lacking in that area.

edit: Does a pirate penguin always show up on stage 3? I might infinite stall on that to fill marco's skill up & allow a full health recovery.

pLow7

If you have a Vista/T.Nami Team, use both GP and Mr3. Attack Helmeppo until he has about 50% HP and then use Usopp. If you have Robin too, get Coby to 50%, use Robin Special and burst him down. Pretty easy this way.

RalchAC

Yeah, double gear 3rd; smoker; zoro; usopp and arlong atm.

All around level 50, but I can get a max gear 3rd off of a friend. (though my god usopp is level 35)

Are you able to effectively use Smoker skill?

Neither Coby nor Helmeppo hit hard. I don't think he is optimal there. If you don't have good purple units (I don't have many purple slashers, for example) I recommend tanking Coby first hit, and use Ussop turn delay after he has used his Power up skill after your 2nd turn.

I'll switch Smoker for Marco TBH. Damage done seems to be one of your problems. I doubt removing Arlong is a good solution.

That way you could use both Ussop and Marco with the 12.5x bonus.

Have you tried to switch off sound effects if you're an android user? It adds some lag somehow. You can do the 0 stamina island until you nail it's timing too.

Dawg

Just started out. Don't think I'lll reroll tho. Just enjoying the game. If y'all got any tips, let me know. Reading OP right now. It's surprisingly fun! Reminds me a bit of Puzzle & Dragons.

My friend code is:

[quote to reveal]

Are you able to effectively use Smoker skill?

Neither Coby nor Helmeppo hit hard. I don't think he is optimal there. If you don't have good purple units (I don't have many purple slashers, for example) I recommend tanking Coby first hit, and use Ussop turn delay after he has used his Power up skill after your 2nd turn.

I'll switch Smoker for Marco TBH. Damage done seems to be one of your problems. I doubt removing Arlong is a good solution.

That way you could use both Ussop and Marco with the 12.5x bonus.

Well the thing with Marco is ... his perfects are some of the hardest to get right in the game. |: He's one of the one units where I just can't nail it at all.

Hana-Bi

Have you tried to switch off sound effects if you're an android user? It adds some lag somehow. You can do the 0 stamina island until you nail it's timing too.

I'm on iOS. :) the problem was that I wanted to try a G3 team with Coby and Robin (both I didn't use before... Wasn't the best idea. :D

With Mihawk I use Mr3 and Helmeppo for Coby, so I can clear him in four turns without problems.

Man this special event is really hard for skill ups. Not so many useful skill books (Coby, Helmeppo and Robin) and then many no skill ups even with five skill books. Argh! At least I can level up. :)

Dawg

Second pull is... a regular Lv. 5 Nami. Super rare.

So I pulled Nami and Portgas D. Ace.

Should I keep this or restart?

Majukun

don't care about helmeppo, just kill the two dudes with him... Helmeppo is really weak,you can actually heal the damage it does with a single meat, so it's not difficult to deal with when it's alone

Second pull is... a regular Lv. 5 Nami. Super rare.

So I pulled Nami and Portgas D. Ace.

Should I keep this or restart?

The OP is quite outdated, don't rely on it (we need an OT2 done by some active member like sasuke or chrono, Raxious stopped playing soon after he made this one).

Here's an updated tier list: http://op-tc-eng-version.blogspot.com.au/p/tier-list.html Edit: Well even that one is outdated now, no supernova batch. -_-"
You can get everyone on that list except for Whitebeard (only available during 24h events) and you should probably aim for Gear 3/Balloon Luffy.

I don't have any v2 Luffy rerolls atm but I got some INT combos (Vista + v2 Nami, Vista + Robin, v2 Nami + Robin). PM me if you want one of them.

Dawg

The OP is quite outdated, don't rely on it (we need an OT2 done by some active member like sasuke or chrono, Raxious stopped playing soon after he made this one).

Here's an updated tier list: http://op-tc-eng-version.blogspot.com.au/p/tier-list.html Edit: Well even that one is outdated now, no supernova batch. -_-"
You can get everyone on that list except for Whitebeard (only available during 24h events) and you should probably aim for Gear 3/Balloon Luffy.

I don't have any v2 Luffy rerolls atm but I got some INT combos (Vista + v2 Nami, Vista + Robin, v2 Nami + Robin). PM me if you want one of them.

PM sent :>

Wazzy

Banned
Okay so you need to kill him in 5 turns?

After I finish homework I might practice the 0 stamina stage some more.
Yup. It shouldn't take 5 turns so I recommend trying to stall before him so that by Coby you're either 1 turn or maxed for Usopps delay.

The 30 stam is easy but ONLY if you hit all your perfects to set up G3 captain ability. I made a couple mistakes on getting through the soldiers and they brought me down enough for Helmeppo's pre-attack too kill me.

PM sent :>
Ace is actually a pretty good pull but he has a lot of exp required to just max him for evolution.

G3 is always the recommended but those Vista/nami rolls sound good too. If you really want g3, the STR rate up is happening soon.

Qmzn

Neo Member
As an alternative to the obvious G3 Luffy pulls, 4* Arlong and 5* Vista would be a nice starter set. That combo gets to Zoro easily, and then you have three of the strongest slasher units in the game, plus the captain of a Garp kill team that gets big XP boosts every Monday. Nab Mihawk, evolve Usopp, and it's smooth sailing.

Having started with 4* Shanks and 3* Arlong, I think unevolved 4* units are bad news, especially at early levels. Too much XP and too many rare evolvers required to bring them up to snuff. 3* Arlong wasn't bad, though, because his Captain Ability is still there.

Jayhawk

My Robin just eating these skill books as if they're not meant to level up her skill.

What's the stalling situation like for Garp? Are we able to stall for specials and also try to get the orbs we want on the 2nd last stage?

Top Bottom