• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

Okay I cleared 30 stamina, but would've keeled over after 1 more hit from Coby. (I ended up on his stage with 2,400 HP or so; so had to usopp immediately.)

Looking for any barrel breaks, have silver today and should again tomorrow. 3 left this week.

I'm silver today as well, I can break if you wanna.

/edit

And died on 30 stamina again, I just suck at hitting those perfects.

/edit2

And died again. I'm sticking to 15 stamina. I just can't do this.

Mazre

Okay I cleared 30 stamina, but would've keeled over after 1 more hit from Coby. (I ended up on his stage with 2,400 HP or so; so had to usopp immediately.)

Sure, sent you a FR, currently spoofing to tulsa, ok 74103

Practice on 0-stam island. Also turn off sound if it seems like latency is an issue for timing.

Yeah I got sound off. Anyway 0 stamina island isn't perfect practice cause it doesn't really account for the stress factor that usually does me in.

If I mess up once on a 30 stamina island I just go down a cliff from that point.

Dawg

Is it recommended to sell or use lesser units as power up material? Mainly talking about all the pirate units I get during battles. Including the "super rare" ones like "Assassin Master".

Is it recommended to sell or use lesser units as power up material? Mainly talking about all the pirate units I get during battles. Including the "super rare" ones like "Assassin Master".

If they're just generic units, sell 'em. I don't bother using any units that give less than like 3k exp. And when you get a character to higher levels, it gets ridiculous if a unit doesn't give more than like 15k.

RalchAC

If they're just generic units, sell 'em. I don't bother using any units that give less than like 3k exp. And when you get a character to higher levels, it gets ridiculous if a unit doesn't give more than like 15k.

Sometimes I use them on units below level 35 sincevents it's cheap and worth it.

Above that its a waste of money.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
I feed matching fodder pirates to my units when they are lvl ~25 or less. Then it gets too expensive and I start selling them.

You can use them as filler now until you get better units. Afterwards either use them to power up if you got the beli or sell them.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
....Guys remember when fodder pirate where our primary source of leveling up units ?
KuGsj.gif

Leveling up 1 Mio exp units like Ace or Vivi with shitty Fodder Pirates and Marines.... #dedication

Wazzy

Banned
Finally have both Coby and Helmeppo evolved. Helmeppo's special is at level 2 while Coby's is at 3.

I also have 9 robin skillbooks for when she's evolved but I'm not sure if I should save them until a skillup event.

Also Neorice, how do you try your perfects? I also tend to panic but I figured out an easier way of activating the perfects which has really helped me out.

chrono01

Just started out. Don't think I'lll reroll tho. Just enjoying the game. If y'all got any tips, let me know. Reading OP right now. It's surprisingly fun! Reminds me a bit of Puzzle & Dragons.

My friend code is:

[quote to reveal]

Welcome to Treasure Cruise! Please, enjoy your stay with us. May God Usopp be with you.

The OP is quite outdated, don't rely on it (we need an OT2 done by some active member like sasuke or chrono, Raxious stopped playing soon after he made this one).

Here's an updated tier list: http://op-tc-eng-version.blogspot.com.au/p/tier-list.html Edit: Well even that one is outdated now, no supernova batch. -_-"
You can get everyone on that list except for Whitebeard (only available during 24h events) and you should probably aim for Gear 3/Balloon Luffy.

I don't have any v2 Luffy rerolls atm but I got some INT combos (Vista + v2 Nami, Vista + Robin, v2 Nami + Robin). PM me if you want one of them.
Not it! Sasuke, it's all you. /evil grin

On a serious note, if I were...more skilled at HTML formatting and all that, I probably would make an OT2. However, since I'm not [well, I can bold/italicize fonts, and insert simple pictures!], it's probably not something for me. :/

BTW, those accounts Korialstrasz are offering are nice, especially the Vista + Robin/Nami V2 + Robin ones. I still don't have Robin myself, so getting her and one of the two best INT leads in a single account is a massive accomplishment. The rest can be easily farmed in-game, and you'll have an incredible burst INT team.

Nice going, Korial!

/edit

And died on 30 stamina again, I just suck at hitting those perfects.

/edit2

And died again. I'm sticking to 15 stamina. I just can't do this.
I run 30-stamina, but it's definitely stressful. I don't usually have an issue hitting Perfects, but knowing that a simple mistake can cost you the entire thing is nerve-wracking. It's not just Helmeppo/Coby either. Something you get those large marines with a one-turn CD. I once got three of them in a single stage, messed up on my third Perfect [failing to activate G3 Luffy], and watched as all of them took off around 75% of my entire health [I was above 10.5k at the time]. Once you're that far behind, it can be difficult to catch up for later rounds, especially if the game trolls you with meat orbs. :/

I won't stop running 30-stamina [I need those Robin skillbooks...for when I actually GET Robin...], and the XP is nice. But yes, it definitely requires my full attention when I run it.

I also have 9 robin skillbooks for when she's evolved but I'm not sure if I should save them until a skillup event.
I'd wait until a skill-up event, personally. Considering how important Robin is, and how rare the skillbooks for her seemingly are, you want every little increase in-chance you can get with each skillbook.

GDJustin

Got a Zeff. Now that I look at his stats I'm not sure why I wanted him so badly. I guess it's nice to fill the "fighter captain" gap in my character box, but I'm not even planning on building a fighter team, so eh.

At least it's one more farmed unit to cross off the list :) Just really looking for Laboon, Alvida, Don Krieg, Vivi, and Mr. 3 now.

Finally have both Coby and Helmeppo evolved. Helmeppo's special is at level 2 while Coby's is at 3.

Also Neorice, how do you try your perfects? I also tend to panic but I figured out an easier way of activating the perfects which has really helped me out.

I just sorta ... look & try to time it correctly?

I can pretty much 100% my perfects with characters like godsopp, zoro & smoker. But with a character like gear 3rd, marco or arlong it goes so fast that I'm not 100% sure what I'm supposed to be aiming for.

Dawg

Korial gave me his Vista and Robin combo, which is much appreciated. I was getting bored of rerolling.

Really liking my team atm!

On a serious note, if I were...more skilled at HTML formatting and all that, I probably would make an OT2. However, since I'm not [well, I can bold/italicize fonts, and insert simple pictures!], it's probably not something for me. :/

I don't think that you can work your way out of it. :p

7Fcd5wW.png

We shouldn't need more than simple images and some text anyway, we can even work on it collectively. However I'm not sure how OT2's work around here and whether we're allowed to make one, we probably need to ask a mod first.

Jayhawk

I don't think you can even use HTML in this forum. chrono01 trying to come up with fake excuses!

With regards to timing of Perfects, try playing without sound as the sound effects can screw up timing. You just need to get more practice for each character and get used to the different speeds at which the text is going back inwards. I know I need practice whenever I use a different character.

For Coby, Helmeppo 30-stamina... I suggest using Alvida's special after Helmeppo's 5th attack to mitigate his special move. If you need to mitigate more than one of those, then you're not strong enough. Use Golden Pound Usopp for Coby and be strong enough to kill him before he hits you. I run Vista captain with Robin, Towel Nami, Alvida, and Usopp just to be safe. I can pick either a Towel Nami or Vista friend captain.

RalchAC

7Fcd5wW.png

We shouldn't need more than simple images and some text anyway, we can even work on it collectively. However I'm not sure how OT2's work around here and whether we're allowed to make one, we probably need to ask a mod first.

I'm not really good with photoshop and all that, but I wouldn't have any problem writting something. A FAQ, a Beginners guide or a piece about useful farmable units. I dunno, whatever is needed.

I think if we made a Beginners guide, a FAQ, an updated Tier list and the Daily Islands it should be enough.

Edit: Just wanted to add that the most important part about making a new thread should be having a poster that can update it whenever new stuff launches.

Mazre

OT2's usually occur after OT1 has reached the post limit (20000). In the meantime if a new tier list/ reroll guide were put together you could prod the OP or a mod to edit a link to it in the OP.

Do we know how long it will be until we start getting repeating Fortnights? I started playing after Alvida and Kuro were done, so it'd be nice to get the skillbooks from them (especially Hammer Usopp's from Kuro).

chrono01

7Fcd5wW.png

Wow, I've posted that much? I'm not sure if I should be proud or ashamed of that. Perhaps both?

I WILL VIEW IT AS AN ACCOMPLISHMENT!

Yeah, make it simple yet good for both newcomers and veterans. And I think chrono is the right one for this. :)

I don't think you can even use HTML in this forum. chrono01 trying to come up with fake excuses!
You two are not helping things!

19X2d3Z.gif

Just saw a Friends 4* Ace, at lvl 34 he has 288 Atck. That's atrocious... I'm happy i pulled him 5*.
To be fair, Ace's 4* is pathetically weak. He gets better in his 5* version though, and still remains one of the best QCK leaders. He has A LOT of HP, but his ATK is definitely on the lower-side, even in his 5* version.

I'm not really good with photoshop and all that, but I wouldn't have any problem writting something. A FAQ, a Beginners guide or a piece about useful farmable units. I dunno, whatever is needed.

I think if we made a Beginners guide, a FAQ, an updated Tier list and the Daily Islands it should be enough.
And RalchAC takes the bullet for me! \o/

No but seriously, if you decide to do one I can contribute to it a bit, maybe with notable characters and information on daily islands and where to get evolution materials.

A "Tier List" is difficult to do, since new units are added constantly and you'd need to go back and re-do it consistently [since, what might be S-Tier now will be moved down to A/B/etc.-Tier when newer units are added with more potential], so maybe a short list of the "Best of..." units would be better. Of course we should separate the gatcha-only from the farmable units, so those re-rolling know which they should aim for. I'd hate to see a new player roll a Golden Hammer Usopp, thinking that they're set for everything, only to realize that they basically get a free one later one. :(

Also, if we make a new OT, we need to make a reference to Ship Usopp in there somewhere. Maybe the OT2 title should be:

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT2| "KLUNK! OT3 Upgrade Has Failed!"

Wazzy

Banned
I just sorta ... look & try to time it correctly?

I can pretty much 100% my perfects with characters like godsopp, zoro & smoker. But with a character like gear 3rd, marco or arlong it goes so fast that I'm not 100% sure what I'm supposed to be aiming for.
Ahhh okay so my recommendation for that is instead start with Zoro, then switch to Smoker and then to Usopp to set off the G3 ability. I was struggling before like you but I decided to try my perfects with the characters that are the easiest and it's made things soooooooo much easier.

My lineup order goes:
Captain G3
Front Mid Zoro
Front bottom Smoker
Guest G3
Back Mid Usopp
???? Bottom back

Try that out and see if it makes things easier for you!
I'd wait until a skill-up event, personally. Considering how important Robin is, and how rare the skillbooks for her seemingly are, you want every little increase in-chance you can get with each skillbook.

Ahhhh okay I'll hold off. I'll save them unless Garp comes before the next skill up. Thanks!

A "Tier List" is difficult to do, since new units are added constantly and you'd need to go back and re-do it consistently [since, what might be S-Tier now will be moved down to A/B/etc.-Tier when newer units are added with more potential], so maybe a short list of the "Best of..." units would be better. Of course we should separate the gatcha-only from the farmable units, so those re-rolling know which they should aim for. I'd hate to see a new player roll a Golden Hammer Usopp, thinking that they're set for everything, only to realize that they basically get a free one later one. :(

Also, if we make a new OT, we need to make a reference to Ship Usopp in there somewhere. Maybe the OT2 title should be:

No need for a Tier List. Just link to the blog and add the "batch review" for the supernovas. We'll be making a Tier List on reddit (I'm the CSS mod there btw, you can thank/hate me for V2 :p ) soon-ish so we could just link that one when it's ready. What we could have is just a short list of the best RR and farmables (2 separate lists, maybe?), link the turtle time calculator, Bonus Time schedule and some general introduction. I'd say we ask a mod about an OT2, they might accept because the OP haven't posted in months (which mod? I'll message them if no one wants to do it).

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT2| "KLUNK! OT3 Upgrade Has Failed!"

Shouldn't that be: One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT1| "KLUNK! OT2 Upgrade Has Failed!"?

Jayhawk

No need for a Tier List. Just link to the blog and add the "batch review" for the supernovas. We'll be making a Tier List on reddit (I'm the CSS mod there btw, you can thank/hate me for V2 :p ) soon-ish so we could just link that one when it's ready. What we could have is just a short list of the best RR and farmables (2 separate lists, maybe?), link the turtle time calculator, Bonus Time schedule and some general introduction. I'd say we ask a mod about an OT2, they might accept because the OP haven't posted in months (which mod? I'll message them if no one wants to do it).

Shouldn't that be: One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT1| "KLUNK! OT2 Upgrade Has Failed!"?

Ooh! I was wondering how many other GAF players were regulars on the subreddit. Nice to know you're a CSS mod.

Speaking of the subreddit, look at all this Garp math.

http://www.reddit.com/r/OnePieceTC/comments/37vjxm/monkey_d_garp_indeep_team_damage_analysis/

Dandte

The Tier list should be doable, we only need to keep track on gamewith website.
Also as a vivi lover
Ot 2|vivi is love, vivi is life
;-)
but i have no doubts you will create an awesome ot!

chrono01

Ahhhh okay I'll hold off. I'll save them unless Garp comes before the next skill up. Thanks!
Bets of luck to you. We should [hopefully] get another skill-up event before Garp.

Maybe.

I hope so, as my inventory is already starting to clutter. Damn you, Coby V2!

As, so you're the CSS mode there, huh? I really like the look of V2, nicely done!

If we're simply altering the title of this one instead of making a new one, that would be perfect.

We really don't need to make a new one, I guess, we just need to update the information in the OP a bit [specifically, the Tier List, which has a tendency to confuse new players more than help them, it's so outdated >_<].

Wazzy

Banned
Bets of luck to you. We should [hopefully] get another skill-up event before Garp.

Maybe.

I hope so, as my inventory is already starting to clutter. Damn you, Coby V2!

As, so you're the CSS mode there, huh? I really like the look of V2, nicely done!

Heh, I've been getting plenty of Coby Skillbooks so when I get 5 I use them and it's really helping me out with leveling. He's currently at 40 though only level 3 skill. I should probably be hoarding them but since I get the drop quite frequently I've been using them. I might start holding off though and saving his skillbooks.

That damage calculations is a bit nerve wracking since it means all my team will need to be above 70 by Garp which hopefully I can do. Coby and Towel Nami shouldn't be too bad getting there but Robin might take a bit.

Dawg

How do class types like fighter, slasher and shooter work? I remember reading something about these types complimenting eachother but I forgot how it works exactly.

Hana-Bi

I try a skill up once I have 5 skill books. I don't have enough space for all those skill books so I try to level up their skills. But I think two out of three times the skill up fails for me. My last two or three Robin skill up tries failed...

We really need more space. I'm hording elder turtles for the next Sugofest and if I could pull Rayleigh I'd be able to evolve him... With all the evo materials, skill books, elder turtles and my normal characters it's really hard to manage your box.

chrono01

How do class types like fighter, slasher and shooter work? I remember reading something about these types complimenting eachother but I forgot how it works exactly.
Basically every unit in the game has a specific type associated with them [Fighter/Slasher/Striker/Shooter]. The ATK/HP/etc. of these types can be increased when you use specific Captains that take advantage of that type, such as Mihawk boosting the ATK of all Slasher types in your crew by 2.5x.

Some Captains [such as G3 Luffy, Whitebeard, Rayleigh, etc.] aren't restricted to certain types/attributes, which is part of the reason why they're so coveted [well that and the damage they're capable of]. You can use any type of unit with them, including attributes, to fit multiple situations.

So when building your team, try to pick a strong Captain that increases the ATK/HP/etc. of a specific type/attribute and pair compatible units with them.

We really need more space. I'm hording elder turtles for the next Sugofest and if I could pull Rayleigh I'd be able to evolve him... With all the evo materials, skill books, elder turtles and my normal characters it's really hard to manage your box.
Definitely!

Many are suspecting that we'll get our first Member Box increase when the Supernova Part 2 batch hits. I really hope we do, as I share your space concerns. If I'm going to pull a lot in the upcoming Sugofest(s) [and if Rayleigh is finally added, I will be!], that's only going to amplify the issue. :/

GDJustin

Already getting a little stressed about Garp, ha. I know he can be Vivi/Laboon'd, but he sounds like a raid boss worth farming, so I'm trying to figure out if I can field a team capable of taking him down legit.

I wish I could figure out how the dmg calculator spreadsheet actually works. That thing is confusing as hell.

Would this team work for Garp? I'm planning on using all of my TTs this month to buff them up:
Towel Nami, MH5 Krieg, Sergeant Helmeppo, Buggy the Clown, Brogy
I know Robin is essential to a Burst INT team, but I haven't been lucky with pulls towards her.

I also have a G3 Luffy and Alvida, so I can do a G3 + INT subs team if that is better.

I am not sure what color chest i am today, but i will break with anyone who has an android. My zip is 21076
You are silver today and according to this, you'll be gold tomorrow.

Current troops, what should I be leveling/farming for Garp?

Edit: wow this pictures suck.
Edit 2: fixed but pics are backwards, oh well.
Edit 3: fixed it anyways.

Edit 4: we do need a new OT since everything in current is outdated and the author is apparently gone. At the very least a (semi-current tier list(which I still think Saw-Tooth Arlong is best starter)) and at least a link to/explanation of: http://cyung.github.io/optc/barrel.html

Or the op-tc blog, even the official site. So many good sources of info missing from the OP.

Edit again: I got my wife's brother and cousin to start playing this during last Sugofest
Her brother got: G3 Luffy/God Ussop.
Her cousins got: Shanks/Marco.

both first draws. I told them to stop and keep them.

Last edit: I'm primarily on phone how do I add myself to the quoted list in OT.

Wazzy

Banned
Current troops, what should I be leveling/farming for Garp?

Last edit: I'm primarily on phone how do I add myself to the quoted list in OT.

I would say your best option is a G3 team with Robin and Kreig. A Vista would help you out more with that but without one you'll need to sub some different units in. Probably Coby, Smoker or Mihawk in. It's going to hard with the units you have but if they're all above 70 it might be okay. I've also seen Hina as a recommended unit.

Here's the link posted earlier:
http://www.reddit.com/r/OnePieceTC/comments/37vjxm/monkey_d_garp_indeep_team_damage_analysis/

If you can't edit the doc on your phone, pm me your info and I'll edit it in for you. We def need a new OP so hopefully someone makes it soon. xD

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I will probably take Mr. 3 out and put Coby in for back to back bursts. All of those characters, including Coby are level 70+.

Wazzy

Banned
Wow you're more than ready for Garp then. :p

Here's hoping I can get those kind of levels by then! Farming Coby event is helping out quite a bit with it.

Jayhawk

I think I will go with a friend max G3 Luffy paired with my Towel Nami, as suggested for Garp from that Reddit guide. Both my Towel Nami and Robin are already 70+. My Vista should be at that range by then. Same with Coby v2 and Hina. I don't want to put too much experience into my Buggy and Brain Point Chopper for a pure INT team. I'll need some practice with timing perfects on Hina, Coby v2, and Towel Nami.

G3 Luffy / Towel Nami
Vista / Coby v2
Robin / Hina

I would say your best option is a G3 team with Robin and Kreig. A Vista would help you out more with that but without one you'll need to sub some different units in. Probably Coby, Smoker or Mihawk in. It's going to hard with the units you have but if they're all above 70 it might be okay. I've also seen Hina as a recommended unit.

Here's the link posted earlier:

If you can't edit the doc on your phone, pm me your info and I'll edit it in for you. We def need a new OP so hopefully someone makes it soon. xD

PM sent.

Hopefully I can just Vivi Garp, like the last two. He is someone that I would want to farm though...

Top Bottom