• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

Anyone can give me any tipps for the last Little Garden chapter? I dont have a clue about Mr. 3. Everytime I hit him he says "You missed" and the whole last line is being imprisoned...

RalchAC

Helmeppo maxed, now I just need a Purple Dragon.

Do we know when are we getting 0.5 sta on little garden. I haven't finished it yet.

Ahhh okay so my recommendation for that is instead start with Zoro, then switch to Smoker and then to Usopp to set off the G3 ability. I was struggling before like you but I decided to try my perfects with the characters that are the easiest and it's made things soooooooo much easier.

My lineup order goes:
Captain G3
Front Mid Zoro
Front bottom Smoker
Guest G3
Back Mid Usopp
???? Bottom back

Try that out and see if it makes things easier for you!

Ahhhh okay I'll hold off. I'll save them unless Garp comes before the next skill up. Thanks!

Yeah tht's how I had it, someone told me to switch out smoker to increase my damage though. |:

/edit

Okay I switched back to my smoker team & completely demolished the stage. (Knowing that helmepoo only does like 754 damage or so helps time my specials much better, that was my issue before)

(Yeah I cleared cobymeppo twice on 30 stam in a row. should've stuck with this team from the start. )

qazqaNii

Anyone can give me any tipps for the last Little Garden chapter? I dont have a clue about Mr. 3. Everytime I hit him he says "You missed" and the whole last line is being imprisoned...

Kill the one in the middle at the back first, that way he wont buff himself and lock you.

Dawg

mmsnA13.jpg

On a scale of 1 through Dead, how dead is Coby?

dead. Garp will be dead soon too.

Any specific reason you are still using the Merry Go? /noob

If we're simply altering the title of this one instead of making a new one, that would be perfect.

The idea was that we're now using OT1, tried upgrading it to OT2 and we failed so we're still at OT1.

Any specific reason you are still using the Merry Go? /noob

Merry is the best ship. It looks like a weaker Baratie in its early levels but it starts giving a x1.2 ATK boost at level 6 that becomes x1.5 at level 10.

Wooh just upgraded Merry to level 8, it's failed like 6-7 times in the past. Only 2 more levels until I've completed it~

edit: Btw does Helmeppo's special reduce the chained status by 3 of the entire team, or one unit?

Just tried it to double check. Both him and Morgan reduce all chains and you can use both specials back to back. This will be useful on the next fortnight, Smoker pre-emptively locks a captain for 4 turns so Morgan + Helemppo can free you instantly.

Okay, I'll definitely work towards leveling them in that case. Especially if they'll be necessary/useful soon.

Jayhawk

Since they don't have a system for picking a unit on your team, it makes sense that Morgan's and Helmeppo's specials affect your whole team.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Just tried it to double check. Both him and Morgan reduce all chains and you can use both specials back to back. This will be useful on the next fortnight, Smoker pre-emptively locks a captain for 4 turns so Morgan + Helemppo can free you instantly.

Thanks, that will be helpful - looks like Slasher teams will be once again the top choice for an Event Island.

Mihawk/Mihawk
Arlong/Smoker
Helmeppo/Golden Pound

Should work well.

cw_sasuke

Ugh it's so painful that if I miss my 3-perfect set up even once, I'm essentially dead.

Gear 3rd teams are so ridiculously squishy.

Dont you have Mihawk ? G3 is a great boss killer but farming with him would bee to stressful in the long run - HP on G3 teams isnt that high to begin with so against strong units you need to hit those perfects without being able to heal.

Dont you have Mihawk ? G3 is a great boss killer but farming with him would bee to stressful in the long run - HP on G3 teams isnt that high to begin with so against strong units you need to hit those perfects without being able to heal.

My Mihawk's level 30. I don't really have any cohesive team beyond gear 3rd ready for use atm. (I had a makeshift Asura Zoro team for Hina, but that relied heavily on stalling to use Marco's heal; as I didn't have 5 tech unites of worth.)

cw_sasuke

My Mihawk's level 30. I don't really have any cohesive team beyond gear 3rd ready for use atm. (I had a makeshift Asura Zoro team for Hina, but that relied heavily on stalling to use Marco's heal; as I didn't have 5 tech unites of worth.)

Mihawl level 30 also hits hard - would be better if you get him at least to lvl 50 and start farming Slashers - in adition to Asura Zoro - you have Arlong, Helmeppo, Mr. 3, Kuro, Morgan and co. which all hit really hard in a 6.25x Slasher team.

Its worth the trouble since you will spend most of your time with your farming team anyway.

Wazzy

Banned
Yeah tht's how I had it, someone told me to switch out smoker to increase my damage though. |:

/edit

Okay I switched back to my smoker team & completely demolished the stage. (Knowing that helmepoo only does like 754 damage or so helps time my specials much better, that was my issue before)

(Yeah I cleared cobymeppo twice on 30 stam in a row. should've stuck with this team from the start. )
Good to hear! I was thinking clearing shouldn't be too bad if your perfects are being hit with the easier crew members. :)

DrAg0nBoY

So that's my team that I am using now:

The problem I have is that I am not poweruping anyone from them, as I am playing the event island and doing level ups to Coby and Helmeppo only (and Nico also if I get any skill books).

How do you guys handle your power ups? Because I do really suck at them (as you can see).

So that's my team that I am using now:

The problem I have is that I am not poweruping anyone from them, as I am playing the event island and doing level ups to Coby and Helmeppo only (and Nico also if I get any skill books).

How do you guys handle your power ups? Because I do really suck at them (as you can see).

Ehh, I'm not the best at this, but I'm definitely trying to get better. My suggestion is to try to look into the future a bit. We have a pretty good idea of what is coming, due to us lagging behind the JP version, so you can make some good guesses and choose which characters to level accordingly.

I'm not sure who all you have, but it's also handy to level characters that have multiple uses. For instance, your Arlong can be used in both Force and Slash teams, and, since he has one of the highest attack stats in the game, is going to be useful for a very long time. Additionally, Colby is great for Heart teams, but he is also useful in a ton of other teams as well, so he's a good candidate for leveling.

Mihawl level 30 also hits hard - would be better if you get him at least to lvl 50 and start farming Slashers - in adition to Asura Zoro - you have Arlong, Helmeppo, Mr. 3, Kuro, Morgan and co. which all hit really hard in a 6.25x Slasher team.

Its worth the trouble since you will spend most of your time with your farming team anyway.

My current slashers are..

evolved: Mihawk, Zoro ... vivi .... Arlong, Django, Buggy, Tashigi.

unevolved: Kuro (not gonna evolve him lol), Morgan, Helmeppoo,

Tashigi's 36, Buggy's 36.

What are the benefits of a Mihawk team? high & stable damage?

/edit

I can get through the 0 stamina stage without getting hit once with a mihawk slasher team, if that's any indication for how useful a crew is.

KumaJG

Got my Coby special to level 4. All I need is Broggy and I should be all set to farm Garp. I am going to use Vivi/Laboon on my first run though.

Well my Mihawk team does great ... until I reach Coby, where my damage output is way too low to take him down before usopp's stall ends...

Another 30 stamina down the drain~

Edit: I could use tomorrow's turtle time to bring my buggy up from level 36 to 50 or so, he's purple so he should do good damage against coby at a decent level, right?

KumaJG

Well my Mihawk team does great ... until I reach Coby, where my damage output is way too low to take him down before usopp's stall ends...

Another 30 stamina down the drain~

Edit: I could use tomorrow's turtle time to bring my buggy up from level 36 to 50 or so, he's purple so he should do good damage against coby at a decent level, right?

What the levels on your slasher them?

What the levels on your slasher them?

Mihawk 36

Buggy/Tashigi 36

Zoro: 52

Arlong : 49

GODSOPP: 36

I'm charging my android atm, but those should be about right give one or two levels. (my reason for thinking I might want to level buggy is cause black turtles would give him the most experience compared to the others.)

chrono01

The idea was that we're now using OT1, tried upgrading it to OT2 and we failed so we're still at OT1.
Haha, I love the idea. I approve!

This game has actually made me read the manga in between stamina refills :>
Very nice. It's always great to see a new fan for One Piece. Since you're just starting out, you have so much greatness to look forward to. I hope you haven't been spoiled already on a few of the upcoming story aspects. If you haven't, you're in for a real treat.

I've always viewed Treasure Cruise as a great means to get people, who otherwise wouldn't be interested in One Piece, into the franchise. It seems to be working, at least in this case. I very much appreciate that.

Qmzn

Neo Member
m-my c-current team

I can always use more Vista, so I sent a friend request.

I'd say it depends mostly on who your strongest captains are. I have Mihawk, Vista, and Shanks, so the bulk of my XP goes to slashers, INT, and PSY. Best-in-class characters like Arlong are always a good place to put XP. Mid-tier STR/DEX/QCK characters become near-useless against their opposite "element", so they get less of a focus.

Characters with high HP and/or attack at max level afford more bang for the buck when you give them a larger share of the XP, like Krieg, for instance. Then there are certain characters like Vivi and Alvida that are the gateway to many strategies, who need to be at to a decent level to provide a safe endurance team fallback for raid bosses.

Right now, though, I think the choices are so limited, it's hard to find a "wrong" way to do things. There's only so much you can do to predict the RNG future. For example, if you have 4/5 of the characters required for a raid boss team, waiting for a rare gacha character or even a difficult farmable, it's probably not a good idea to push too many levels into the unfinished set. That's kind of like expecting to draw an Ace to complete a Royal Flush in Poker.

Sometimes I think just giving your XP evenly to 4* and 5* units would be as good as any micro-management approach.

Dawg

Very nice. It's always great to see a new fan for One Piece. Since you're just starting out, you have so much greatness to look forward to. I hope you haven't been spoiled already on a few of the upcoming story aspects. If you haven't, you're in for a real treat.

I've always viewed Treasure Cruise as a great means to get people, who otherwise wouldn't be interested in One Piece, into the franchise. It seems to be working, at least in this case. I very much appreciate that.

I've not been spoiled on anything yet! Except for this one scene one of my friends linked to me a while ago and I simply cannot forget about it ever since I've seen it. I am loving the story so far, I've always been a bit... intimated by the length of One Piece. But the manga is really good. I'm at chapter 54 so far, slowly catching up with my in-game progress :p

I can always use more Vista, so I sent a friend request.

Accepted! :D

Another question: during battles, I've noticed some party members get a golden glow around their icon. For example: I start a round with Vista and Miihawk (friend captain) starts glowing up. Does this mean said character does bonus damage if you pick them next?

Wazzy

Banned
Mihawk 36

Buggy/Tashigi 36

Zoro: 52

Arlong : 49

GODSOPP: 36

I'm charging my android atm, but those should be about right give one or two levels. (my reason for thinking I might want to level buggy is cause black turtles would give him the most experience compared to the others.)

You're using Mihawk over G3? Because even if G3 is a little annoying since with your easy units you need to hit the perfects everytime, it's the fastest and best way to beat Coby. Unfortunatley I don't think those units will work unless you stall long enough for Mihawks special's.

chrono01

I've not been spoiled on anything yet! Except for this one scene one of my friends linked to me a while ago and I simply cannot forget about it ever since I've seen it. I am loving the story so far, I've always been a bit... intimated by the length of One Piece. But the manga is really good. I'm at chapter 54 so far, slowly catching up with my in-game progress :p
If that's all you've been spoiled on, you're a lucky man indeed. Enjoy yourself, it only gets better.

And yeah, when I started out with One Piece, it was a pretty big undertaking for myself too [the length of it all can be...a bit intimidating]. I watched the anime [subbed] instead of reading the manga, and I went through the entire pre-Timeskip episodes [from episode 1 all the way to episode 500+] in the span of around a month and a half. The Timeskip Arc was just beginning at that time, so I wanted to catch myself up before it started. I managed to, but I marathoned A LOT of episodes. I watched every single one too, even all of the smaller/filler episodes. I had a great time, as I'm sure you will.

RalchAC

I think I've seen the "hidden boss" of Cobymeppo.

You fight against the v1 version of Coby and Helmepo at once. They're weak though :p

Another question: during battles, I've noticed some party members get a golden glow around their icon. For example: I start a round with Vista and Miihawk (friend captain) starts glowing up. Does this mean said character does bonus damage if you pick them next?

Nope. That happens because it's your friend captain. Captains shine when you use a character that activates their Captain Skill (so everytime a Slasher attacks it should shine).

My Merry shines too whenever I attack due to the ATK bonus it gives.

You're using Mihawk over G3? Because even if G3 is a little annoying since with your easy units you need to hit the perfects everytime, it's the fastest and best way to beat Coby. Unfortunatley I don't think those units will work unless you stall long enough for Mihawks special's.

Mihawk gives me a bit less of a stressful set up for grinding.

Also I think I had my slasher team's ship set to the dhingy rather than merry go ... lol.

I used my turtles to level Mihawk up to 44 & got buggy up to level 43 (replacing a level 26 tashigi)

I nearly killed Coby last time, so with these changes I think my damage might be just enough to get him.

StMeph

My turtle team is now a well-oiled machine. G3 with Fullbody and Shanks/Marco is pretty nice for extra Elder-killing options (with a matching orb), speeding up runs dramatically.

But I miscalculated my Rank XP, so now I'm 2 runs shy of gaining a Pirate Rank and gemming would be too inefficient (wasted stam, not enough time to max out runs). Guess I'll try to get it back on track when it rolls around later today.

Top Bottom