• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I started playing the japanese version and the whole day I am just rerolling because nothing good drops ...

For you guys who have many accounts and reroll much. Do you wait for both free drops or do you already reroll if the first drop is bad?

I dont reroll but have you asked in this thread about free accounts ? A couple of Gaffers have rolled a bunch of times and were offering spare accounts from the JP sugofest.

Qmzn

Neo Member
He might already see use against smoker right, cause smoker locks your captains?

On Expert, Smoker preemptively uses his special, which locks your Captain for four turns, then takes a basic preemptive attack (6,310 damage). After that, it's three turns until he attacks again. However, if he gets an attack when his HP is less than 20%, he locks both captains for three turns before taking his attack.

Helmeppo removes 3 locks, Morgan removes 2. You could use both to immediately remove the 4-turn lock, but chances are you'll only need one or the other when combined with Usopp's stall. Helmeppo is paired with slasher teams, Morgan goes with STR.

If a team was rocking really, really low damage and high HP, I suppose one could save Helmeppo for Smoker's sub-20% HP special. You'd probably need Alvida, Smoker, GP Chopper, or Jozu to reduce damage while whittling down the other 80%, and Usopp would be saved for the last burst. Academic, though. Most players will find ways to kill Smoker before he gets a second attack.

This one shouldn't be too bad, I hope. It looks like there's lots of options, from G3 teams to Slasher teams to STR teams made up entirely of story mode units. I'm surprised no one's tried cooking up something like Vivi/Hachi. I might try that, for kicks.

DrAg0nBoY

I dont reroll but have you asked in this thread about free accounts ? A couple of Gaffers have rolled a bunch of times and were offering spare accounts from the JP sugofest.

Yeah I saw that Tidd and fivepersondude are offering accounts, I am just not sure if I should take one or try my luck with getting a good drop. Kinda stupid I know.

Wazzy

Banned
So I used most of my turtles but I'm keeping my pigs for the Success rate up plus the FP turtle drop which will really help me out.

I've got a few leftover turtles for when I evolve Robin but otherwise I'm happy with my teams current levels.

Towel Nami 61
Robin unevolved max
Coby V2 48
Buggy 32
Broggy 37

I still have plenty of TT and BB before Garp to get the team properly up and I obviously have pigs.

Hana-Bi

I think I'll use the purple Marine against Garp. Better attack than Buggy and I maxed his skill level.

Is there a way to farm for Broggys skill up? It takes 18 turns for his special. Is this viable for Garp? Maybe I'll use Brain Point with skill level 5 (11 turns for his special) instead. But Robin needs 13 turns for her special... But I don't know whether my crew is ready for Garp farming. All char level in the 40s and 50s and I have no Vista...

Is there a way to farm for Broggys skill up? It takes 18 turns for his special. Is this viable for Garp? Maybe I'll use Brain Point with skill level 5 (11 turns for his special) instead. But Robin needs 13 turns for her special... But I don't know whether my crew is ready for Garp farming. All char level in the 40s and 50s and I have no Vista...

You can farm either Johnny (Baratie 1) or Guimon (random encounter on Orange Town 5+) and use them to skill up Broggy. For Garp, If you get the 2 mobs in stage 1/5 at 1 cd you can stall for a maximum of 17 turns, so it's best to get some skill ups on Broggy (or use BP Chopper).

Hana-Bi

You can farm either Johnny (Baratie 1) or Guimon (random encounter on Orange Town 5+) and use them to skill up Broggy. For Garp, If you get the 2 mobs in stage 1/5 at 1 cd you can stall for a maximum of 17 turns, so it's best to get some skill ups on Broggy (or use BP Chopper).

Thanks. Yeah I think I farm for some Johnny then. :)

StMeph

So far...

7 books for Robin - 1 skill
5 books for Coby - 0 skill
9 books for Helmeppo - 0 skill

Thanks Namco Bandai.

chrono01

So far...

7 books for Robin - 1 skill
5 books for Coby - 0 skill
9 books for Helmeppo - 0 skill

Thanks Namco Bandai.
This is why I save all of my important books for a skill-up event. Granted, even with the increase it can still fail...a lot, but at least the odds are slightly improved. My current member box space is suffering for it, though.

My condolences to you. At least you got a skill-up with Robin, that's not too bad.

RalchAC

I see skill ups as a bonus treat rather than an expectation nowadays, makes it easier to swallow.

Same for usopp boat stuff.

Ussop boat stuff is absurd. The game already has enough RNG in other places. I can't understand why they decided tö do it considering cola is a scarce resource anyway.

StMeph

This is why I save all of my important books for a skill-up event. Granted, even with the increase it can still fail...a lot, but at least the odds are slightly improved. My current member box space is suffering for it, though.

My condolences to you. At least you got a skill-up with Robin, that's not too bad.

I would, but space and Garp are both considerations before seeing another skill up event, so I just started using them.

Robin's gain is nice, but the rate in aggregate there was 1/21 books. gg

chrono01

I would, but space and Garp are both considerations before seeing another skill up event, so I just started using them.

Robin's gain is nice, but the rate in aggregate there was 1/21 books. gg
Yeah, one skill up for a spread of 21 books isn't exactly great. Neoriceisgood is correct, it's just as bad as Usopp/Boat stuff. However, given similar games like this, skill-up's are rarely a guaranteed thing, so I can't see Namco Bandai changing it anytime soon. I guess we'd better prepare ourselves for despair. :(

Oh, I had to laugh at the news listing for "1/2 Stamina For Weekly Quests!" And I quote: "1/2 Stamina for all weekly quests on Extra Island. Stock up on Evolvers before the snow starts falling!".

...Yeah, I would, Namco Bandai. But first, mind letting us increase our box space a little? :/

Jayhawk

Garp and maybe even a return of Mihawk will be coming before the next skill up event (guessing late July at the earliest for skill up event). I got no space to keep all these Robin skill books. So the failures to skill up shall continue for me as well.

chrono01

There's rumors we might get a member box increase with Supernova Batch Part 2, but then...it could be 3+ weeks before we get that, if not longer.

cw_sasuke

After more than 100 runs over the last days Broggy finally dropped for me.... *tears*

chrono01

After more than 100 runs over the last days Broggy finally dropped for me.... *tears*
Congrats!

I still need to farm for him. Maybe during Smoker's event island, since the skillbooks that drop for him aren't exactly great. I'm still trying to get as Robin, Helmeppo, and Coby V2 skillbooks as I can, since all three are viable units.

Yeah I saw that Tidd and fivepersondude are offering accounts, I am just not sure if I should take one or try my luck with getting a good drop. Kinda stupid I know.

Sorry, my post was vaguely worded. I reroll on global, but haven't saved anything yet. This is either due to not getting the 6th digit I want(6), and terrible rerolls. I was just asking if anyone else might want a spare account, and to let me know what they were wanting, in case I happen to get it.

Edit:

Skill ups so far:

The Good Coby: 0
The Good Meppo: 2
Hachi: 2
Robin: need to evolve her. Cannot get an elder horse.

Also someone above said Morgan for str team, Helmeppo for slasher, why not both for Slasher? Just because Arlong makes two str? Or something else?

Xcution

We need some red turtle times, this white beard is no damn joke to level. Wow. I am close but once tou hit 90 damn. Then i have to level my evolved Lvl1 MC lol.

#thestruggleisreal

I don't need Whitebeard or Rayleigh or any of these great INT gatcha only units when I've got something LIKE THIS:

zv8w5Wv.jpg

Try to contain your jealousy, OPTCGAF.

Jayhawk

You will be there.

On and ther note i was reading people raving about Broggy so i tried to get him and hot him on my second run before sleepy time. YAY...i guess.

What team comp would you use him in?

INT teams with either Broggy or Brain Point Chopper.

-Use special of Broggy or BP Chopper to convert the 3 adjacent characters' orbs to Food orbs
-Use Buggy's special to convert the Food orbs to INT orbs

You will be there.

On and ther note i was reading people raving about Broggy so i tried to get him and hot him on my second run before sleepy time. YAY...i guess.

What team comp would you use him in?

Eventually, I hope! Too busy adding box space right now, and evolving people instead of leveling a team. I don't understand what is happening, two weeks ago I was fine with 100 spaces, now I'm up to 155 and have no space.
#thestruggleisreal.

Isn't Brogy the BP Chopper replacement? Or am I confusing my giants...

Edit:

@dragonboy
If it didn't load, then I would say yes.

Not sure who i should be levelling up...what raid boss is next does anyone know? And should i be workig on levelling a specific team i.e (intelligence or shooter etc)

Dandte

Can we use a Zombieteam for him?

vivi laboon will work, vivi zoro has some problems with the 4th hit if i remember correctly.

Coby hits for 2400
Garp 4th hit 3599

a max vivi only heals for 2385, so you either need a food orb or turn delay. For Garp you need 1 or 2 food orbs. Use chopper or broggy and you will be fine.

Ferga

Can we use a Zombieteam for him?

Yes but you need Alvida if you're running Lion Song.

Garp hits for 18000 on turn 4. That means 3600 damage.

Not even a max level Vivi can heal you back up.

If you use Alvida special on turn 4, you reduce it to a measly 720 damage.

He only does that huge hit once (Turn 4), right? After that it's his normal damage? Does his <20% HP super hit for crazy damage too?

cw_sasuke

Thanks guys - i shall enjoy Broggy - he was the missing piece for my Garp team now i need to level my INT unit up. Well...and seeing Korails post it seems like i need to skill up Broggy a bit as well.
He only does that huge hit once (Turn 4), right? After that it's his normal damage? Does his <20% HP super hit for crazy damage too?

After his 18K dmg hit, he will hit you for 10k every round iirc.

Tidd

Well...and seeing Korails post it seems like i need to skill up Broggy a bit as well.

Yeah Broggy's cool down is ridiculous. At least we have time to farm Gaimon or other characters next week, since the Smoker island lacks good skill books.

The next raid boss is Garp, so level up your INT units as much as you can.

thanks will do!...i have all INT units except vista unfortunately so my INT units i use are currently

Hapiness punch nami lvl 31
nico robin 5* lvl 30
Don creig evolved lvl 21
helmeppo (unevolved) lvl max (plan on evolving and levelling up)
buggy evolved lvl 33

i also have unevolved basil hawkins lvl 18, brain point chopper lvl 15
and evolved mr 3 lvl 15

It's a shame the 2x Pirate EXP doesn't apply to buffed Isles or the bonus Isles. 2x P.EXP + 1/2 STA Isles would have been amazing. As it is now, I'm not 100%, but I'm fairly certain that farming Cobmeppo 30 will provide more P.EXP / STA than any of the 2x Isles.

Top Bottom