• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

Alright, thank you. And I don't know what gemming is :v it's been a long time and I've lost track lol

Gemming is just a fancy term for "spending a gem on something".

Because gems are a limited supply (they're this game's $$$ currency, essentially) you usually wanna save em for sugofest and/or when you can guarantee a ton of duplicates for a high demand char to skill up like Mihawk.

RedBoot

It feels kinda weird not being able to just steamroll everything with a G3 Luffy team. IT's kinda like going back to the early days of the game for me.

I love building new teams around the constraints. Kind of reminds me of my old days of building MTG decks. I think all the fortnights for the foreseeable future have conditions (there will be some based around character classes, like Striker, Slasher, etc). It makes sense, stuff like G3 and Usopp were so ubiquitous that they needed to shake things up.

I won't need to build a team for Franky next time, though. My usual INT team should handle him just fine.

I love building new teams around the constraints. Kind of reminds me of my old days of building MTG decks. I think all the fortnights for the foreseeable future have conditions (there will be some based around character classes, like Striker, Slasher, etc). It makes sense, stuff like G3 and Usopp were so ubiquitous that they needed to shake things up.

I won't need to build a team for Franky next time, though. My usual INT team should handle him just fine.

Franky's gonna suck ... my only INT leader is Buggy. -___-

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Where specifically are the snails? On the 1-15 mission select screen, or the island select screen?

If I find one, can another pop up ASAP or should I check back in a little bit?

Yeah, it is a welcome challenge. If anything, it gets me to use my other characters, synergizing skills and whatnot instead of just picking the ones with the highest ATK.

Tidd

Where specifically are the snails? On the 1-15 mission select screen, or the island select screen?

If I find one, can another pop up ASAP or should I check back in a little bit?

island select screen! and it's random if they are there. just close the game/ play a chapter etc to let it refresh.

Instead of a fucking free gem they should give us some box space .__.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey

I do too. Forces me to use not G3 / Mihawk teams for everything (now Rayleigh). Switches it up and makes me want to level up my randoms with fodder instead of just ignoring them. Woohoo.

Franky's gonna suck ... my only INT leader is Buggy. -___-

I feel your pain. The best option at this point would be getting and evolving Crocodile which would give us a 2x INT attack and 30% damage reduction captain skill. Granted this still isn't as good as Vista who would be analogous to a 50% damage reduction since he doubles your HP but Croc is still better than Buggy who feels like he hits like a wet noodle compared to some of the other INT units out there.

Majukun

i didn't get my refresh for the snails even though i've done before the change of day...actually i don't even remember if i got the change of day in the first place now that i think about it..I'm alone in this?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I thought Laws active was lackluster without Apoo - but if you use 2 Laws and his actives back 2 back you get a nice green setup.

PS: Apology orbs...sweet !! But please Bamco expand the max box size.....
Can anyone put Garp as a captain now? I want to beat Crocodile now. Not sure if Mihawk will be good enough.

No trouble beating him with a Mihawk team especially if you team up with a max skilled friend.

Yeah i love that as well - thats why the One Piece Universe is great for this kind of game, there are so many characters and possible units so working on different teams is a rewarding experience.

RedBoot

Yeah i love that as well - thats why the One Piece Universe is great for this kind of game, there are so many characters and possible units so working on different teams is a rewarding experience.

It helps to be a fan. That's another reason I'm looking forward to the next fortnight, I'll be happy to finally get Franky.

It can be bad too though...I did about 2-3 pulls too many on the last sugo because I wanted Law...I'll probably do one or two random pulls before the DEX boost leaves, too.

cw_sasuke

It helps to be a fan. That's another reason I'm looking forward to the next fortnight, I'll be happy to finally get Franky.

It can be bad too though...I did about 2-3 pulls too many on the last sugo because I wanted Law...I'll probably do one or two random pulls before the DEX boost leaves, too.

Hehe so true...there are many upcoming units who may not have the most useful skills or stats but i need to get my hands on them because im such an OP fan. Thank god Franky is an awesome unit even so. Pulling for the units can be problematic as well.....arrgh.. :-D

You can understand why it pisses me off the Bamco refuses to expand the box...i dont really wanna sell of named characters that appear in the Manga, especially if they will probably be used down the line in Missions and so on -.-

I feel your pain. The best option at this point would be getting and evolving Crocodile which would give us a 2x INT attack and 30% damage reduction captain skill. Granted this still isn't as good as Vista who would be analogous to a 50% damage reduction since he doubles your HP but Croc is still better than Buggy who feels like he hits like a wet noodle compared to some of the other INT units out there.

Yeah like ... Buggy's not just a meh INT leader ... he's honestly a terrible unit in every area aside from having one of the only decent INT leader abilities you can get f2p right now..

cw_sasuke

Yeah like ... Buggy's not just a meh INT leader ... he's honestly a terrible unit in every area aside from having one of the only decent INT leader abilities you can get f2p right now..

Well at least we have Sir Croc now...good luck on farming him though xD

Kumo

YASSSSSSS

I JUST MAXED MERRY

WOOOOO

Congrats!

I suspect we'll be seeing a lot more people with maxed merry in here now that they're handing out colas like candy between all the fortnights, barrels, and now snails.

Mine's still sitting at level 9. ^^;

RedBoot

Congrats!

I suspect we'll be seeing a lot more people with maxed merry in here now that they're handing out colas like candy between all the fortnights, barrels, and now snails.

Mine's still sitting at level 9. ^^;

That's what I'm hoping for. I'm still at 7, and I've been there for a while. At least 7-8 failures. I stopped counting.

I'm just hoarding cola now, instead of using it every time I get enough for an attempt. I think I'm in the upper 30s. Once I hit a good number (might wait til 100 or so, with all the cola I'm getting in the fortnights), I'll just go for a bunch of tries all at once. My reasoning is that the game can't possibly fail me that many times in a row.

I may be setting myself up for a lot of despair. :p

Majukun

so..basically the snails desappear..so you can't really decide when to get them..if you decide to do something elsse once you spot one..they are gone.

Qmzn

Neo Member
snails didn't recharge with the start of a "new day"

Are you on iOS? A friend of mine was only able to get two snails on iOS this morning, then they stopped appearing. There's no Twitter app authorization on iOS, so it's a different system.

Either way, I believe you. I doubt it's behaving properly on all platforms.

Qmzn

Neo Member
So, if I see 1 snail but don't click on it, due to waiting for my stamina to empty, then I can only do 4/5 on that day?

I'm pretty sure that if you don't click on it, it just moves somewhere else, and you can still get all 5 for that day. If you click on it, though, that seems to use it up, whether you tweet or not.

makaveli13

Neo Member
I'm pretty sure that if you don't click on it, it just moves somewhere else, and you can still get all 5 for that day. If you click on it, though, that seems to use it up, whether you tweet or not.

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's how it works. I missed one of them then couldnt find it again until after I completed another mission.

Majukun

just now all the 5 snails suddenly reappeared on the map and i was able to get them...just 20 minutes before i checked all the islands and there were none to be seen

really strange

Qmzn

Neo Member
just now all the 5 snails suddenly reappeared on the map and i was able to get them

I still haven't seen one today.

All the JP sites say is that they reappear at 4AM, so I'm thinking BN is having trouble rolling out a system for global that worked properly in Japan's walled garden.

I got two of them when I first played in the morning and then the last 3 didn't appear until after I did another 30 stamina run despite me swiping through the isles multiple times. Maybe you just can't get them all at once.

Also, I'm beginning to believe the mailbox increase was supposed to be an inventory box increase way back when that update dropped. Things are going to get tight when I start saving up Lucci and Kaku dupes for skill up events so I hope I can evolve them asap just to free up space from evo units.

Qmzn

Neo Member
I got two of them when I first played in the morning and then the last 3 didn't appear until after I did another 30 stamina run despite me swiping through the isles multiple times. Maybe you just can't get them all at once.

I got all of them at once. I found one (and failed to get the bonus because I hit "quit" instead of "tweet"), then found the other four by just swiping through the islands.

Maybe it is a random roll after each stage completion, that some, all, or none of them can show up?

EDIT: It is a random roll after a stage completion. I did an Alvida stage, 3 snails popped, did another, the other 2 showed up. I don't think quitting to title works, but quitting training mode might. Will try that tomorrow.

Someone on my friends list has a Rayleigh at skill level 2...

Big whoop. That guy's got nothing on my Lv.2 Special Yosaku.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
XIuJBU2.jpg

A special thanks to Korial for having his Rayleigh up most of the day. (I used you a ton of times)

Hooty-hoo. Back to fortnight farming.

DrAg0nBoY

Croc why won't you drop, I need to go back and farm Lucci, argh.

This is the first time I am refilling stamina for an unit, so I hope he drops soon ...

sasari

Trying to get a Rainbow Dragon and getting annoyed... if anyone has a high level Vivi they could put up in about 5 hours it'd be much appreciated XD

Top Bottom