• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

RalchAC

Ok, guys, I've started working on this thing. I haven't revised yet what I've been writing.

So far there is a FAQ (that can be expanded or cut TBH), an introduction I may change, and th beginning of a Tier list that so far has some Legends (WB, Ray, G3, Sengoku), Golden Pound Usopp, Alvida and Mirage Tempo Nami.

It's not going to be totally extensive. Just some captains. Once I've written it I may start cutting some stuff to make the text shorter. It's my first OT, so I'll learn about it as I keep preparing it.

Quote to see the link.

RedBoot

Well, I got one more Hina skill up, so she's at 7, but she simply refuses to drop. I did a 30 and only got 2 drops for the entire run, both fodder.

Think I'm gonna switch back to the Halloween one now that I have a use for Law skillbooks. Part of me wishes I'd kept all the ones I got before the sugofest, but I keep it real etc

I got like 3-4 of her on Tues/Wed, but I don't think I've seen a single one drop the past two days. She's being elusive.

Plus, I got Mr. 2, Marine Django, and Fullbody all maxed, and Towel Nami's only like 1-2 away (and her cooldown's already low enough). At this point, I get a lot more out of Halloween Hats as I'd like to get Law a few more levels.

bjork

I got like 3-4 of her on Tues/Wed, but I don't think I've seen a single one drop the past two days. She's being elusive.

Plus, I got Mr. 2, Marine Django, and Fullbody all maxed, and Towel Nami's only like 1-2 away (and her cooldown's already low enough). At this point, I get a lot more out of Halloween Hats as I'd like to get Law a few more levels.

I accidentally lied and ran Hina right after that post and she dropped again. Ran her a second time and she dropped again. Fed one, got another skill-up. So I'm one away from max, I think. But everyone else that drops is maxed except Gin. Even kuroobi. So I think I might just keep at it, then next time she's in town I can skip entirely. :)

Majukun

just one more lv up for halloween luffy and one for croco and i'm done with the halloween fortnight..problem is..now that i need them croco's skillbooks just refuse to drop

hope i get a couple tomorrow so that i can still use a couple of days with 2x drops to get the skillups i need for hina

ElChado

Neo Member
Interesting about Halloween part 2 on global. For part 1 we got the most important manual from kimono which was law, but with part 2 the only manual we've taken from brooks fortnight is impact dial ussop, while ignoring the rarest book-Hawkins. Makes me think we may not skip brooks fortnight after all and might get him after Halloween part 2. Unless they plan to add hawkins books into the okama fortnight which comes after brook, but that also leaves us without a great f2p psy slasher-Ryuuma.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Interesting about Halloween part 2 on global. For part 1 we got the most important manual from kimono which was law, but with part 2 the only manual we've taken from brooks fortnight is impact dial ussop, while ignoring the rarest book-Hawkins. Makes me think we may not skip brooks fortnight after all and might get him after Halloween part 2. Unless they plan to add hawkins books into the okama fortnight which comes after brook, but that also leaves us without a great f2p psy slasher-Ryuuma.
What made you think they would skip Brook in the first place?

Why would you assume we would skip Brook's fortnight in the first place? They might even surprise us and give us the Kimono fortnight after this. Most people just figured the Halloween fortnights were replacing the Kimono fortnight rather than it being an extra worldwide event, assuming they don't want to save Kimonos for Chinese New Year in February.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
So far I've skill maxed Slasher Croc, G3 Luffy, Law, Asura Zoro, and Halloween Chopper.

Not a bad week. Now that I got all the major books for this Halloween covered, I'll probably slow down the farming, since I can't get burnt out for next week. I need all those books, but at least with the exception of Rayleigh, I have multiple skill ups for Impact Usopp, Urouge, Marcos, Jozu, and Ace, so maybe I can max all of them after 2 nonstop weeks of getting up to 5 books per, and then feeding them all.

YOLO.

Heng

I accidentally lied and ran Hina right after that post and she dropped again. Ran her a second time and she dropped again. Fed one, got another skill-up. So I'm one away from max, I think. But everyone else that drops is maxed except Gin. Even kuroobi. So I think I might just keep at it, then next time she's in town I can skip entirely. :)
I haven't had 1 WB book drop after I fed him the books from the last round. I'm not sure if I can max him :(

Hisoka

Ok, guys, I've started working on this thing. I haven't revised yet what I've been writing.

So far there is a FAQ (that can be expanded or cut TBH), an introduction I may change, and th beginning of a Tier list that so far has some Legends (WB, Ray, G3, Sengoku), Golden Pound Usopp, Alvida and Mirage Tempo Nami.

It's not going to be totally extensive. Just some captains. Once I've written it I may start cutting some stuff to make the text shorter. It's my first OT, so I'll learn about it as I keep preparing it.

Quote to see the link.

Sry guys, Boa wasn't worth to mention, not a legend confirmed.

Edit: giggled at the first question.

ElChado

Neo Member
What made you think they would skip Brook in the first place?

Why would you assume we would skip Brook's fortnight in the first place? They might even surprise us and give us the Kimono fortnight after this. Most people just figured the Halloween fortnights were replacing the Kimono fortnight rather than it being an extra worldwide event, assuming they don't want to save Kimonos for Chinese New Year in February.

I along with others figured since we got the kimono books it meant we were skipping kimono, maybe to get it later where appropriate like how we got halloween during well halloween. With halloween part 2 the idea was we might skip brook too, but now that we have the skillbooks listed and hawkins isnt on that list, im on the side where we might just push fortngihts 2 weeks back with halloween part 2 and then get brook.

If we did skip brook would be sad to miss out on Ryuuma.

RalchAC

Edit: Added a useful link section to my in-the-works new OT. You can give it a look. Quote to see.

Sry guys, Boa wasn't worth to mention, not a legend confirmed.

Edit: giggled at the first question.

Boa is not an independent captain like the other guys, so I'm going to put her between Mihawk and the other color or class restricted captains, since she is more flexible (and better) but not as strong as Mihawk.

I along with others figured since we got the kimono books it meant we were skipping kimono, maybe to get it later where appropriate like how we got halloween during well halloween. With halloween part 2 the idea was we might skip brook too, but now that we have the skillbooks listed and hawkins isnt on that list, im on the side where we might just push fortngihts 2 weeks back with halloween part 2 and then get brook.

If we did skip brook would be sad to miss out on Ryuuma.

Kimono Strawhats was pushed because it was a (Chinese or Western?) Next Year Event, so it didn't make much sense to do it now. Brook is a normal Fortnight Island so it wouldn't make sense. And yeah, I want Ryuma too. I'll finally be able to have a decent rainbow slasher team.

Majukun

measnwhile in japan they announce a new 6star legend

nightmare luffy!

if they are gonna make it justice,they need to make it OP as fuck

Spinx

measnwhile in japan they announce a new 6star legend

nightmare luffy!

if they are gonna make it justice,they need to make it OP as fuck

Should've been a strength raid boss.
negativeman.png
Another awesome unit I'll never have.

Qmzn

Neo Member
Why... why can't I get Kaku's poster to drop? Elite, Expert, I keep getting manuals. So cruel. I think I've gotten more Marco manuals than Kaku poster drops.

Freakin' RNG.

RalchAC

Should've been a strength raid boss.
negativeman.png
Another awesome unit I'll never have.

Yup. There already is a 6* Luffy. Two, if we count Gear 3rd Luffy. And we're totally getting a 6* post time skip Luffy.

A raidboss would have been way better. Especially if he was a Fighter version of Aokiji (2x HP and ATK to Fighter with an awesome skill).

Why... why can't I get Kaku's poster to drop? Elite, Expert, I keep getting manuals. So cruel. I think I've gotten more Marco manuals than Kaku poster drops.

Freakin' RNG.

I quite liked that in the last few Fortnights they decided to add books for the secret boss. MAX skilling Dog Penguin would have been a Nightmare otherwise. I dunno if the latest JP islands still do this or not.

Qmzn

Neo Member

It's a good start. I like the structure and ordering of the whole thing, though I would prefer a slightly calmer, more tongue-in-cheek tone. I'm currently adding some of my own approach to the doc, in hopes of working towards a hybrid compromise.

DrAg0nBoY

Would it be reasonable to drop Lucci and put the new Halloween Zoro into a slasher team? I know the stats are lower but his special is better.

Tidd

Would it be reasonable to drop Lucci and put the new Halloween Zoro into a slasher team? I know the stats are lower but his special is better.

Yup definitely!

Achievement!
Maxed every Halloween straw hat except usopp and Franky so far.

And I don't like that Japan gets so many 6*. I know Namco wants to make money so they have to release so many but still it is too much.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Im fine with 6* but they should spread them on more different characters i mean Luffy 6* unit isnt THAT old yet he gets another one ?I hope Zoro gets a 6* version down the line...probably post time skip, i would drop all my stones for him xD

PS. Sanji should get a kickass unit at some point - he gets the shittiest versions of all Strawhats most of the time. Sure DJ is helpful on the Pre-Raid Boss stages...but overall most of his versions disappoint.

RalchAC

Im fine with 6* but they should spread them on more different characters i mean Luffy 6* unit isnt THAT old yet he gets another one ?I hope Zoro gets a 6* version down the line...probably post time skip, i would drop all my stones for him xD

PS. Sanji should get a kickass unit at some point - he gets the shittiest versions of all Strawhats most of the time. Sure DJ is helpful on the Pre-Raid Boss stages...but overall most of his versions disappoint.

I feel Mr Prince is a unit that devs though would be cool but reality was different.

I mean, he is not that bad. After 2 Perfects in a row you get a 2.5x ATK bonus. Considering many teams run Usopp and/or a damage reducer, it sounds good on paper.

If his stats weren't terribly awful or he had a good skill I'd say he would be more used.

I think the Mihawk forest is clearable with a Mr. Prince / G3 team. Mihawk raid boss too. I haven't done many calculations though.

Majukun

I wonder if they'll ever do. something about how useless tandems are... It's basically from. day one that apart from some really specific uses like the turtle times nobody ever uses tandem attacks... The orbs are just there to be like they are empty

Qmzn

Neo Member
The orbs are just there to be like they are empty

Well, they give the devs another orb to convert to and from, to make the strategies more interesting. But yeah, the current tandem attacks are a novelty at best.

What they should do is revamp the Straw Hat three-person tandems, so that they provide some sort of buff in the following round. Not really sure why they haven't done anything like that yet.

What'd be really great is if they had Straw Hat tandems that allowed any version of the Straw Hats involved to be mixed and matched, like, say, any Luffy + any Zoro + any Chopper = 1.5x attack boost next round. Then, for example, you could use Halloween Luffy, Asura Zoro, and GP Chopper, and have an all Straw Hat DEX team that didn't suck.

It is sort of weird, in a franchise centering around this one pirate crew, that we are constantly using mix-and-match teams full of characters which are either villainous antagonists or temporary allies. I mean,
Mihawk's cool and all, but he rarely shows up after Baratie
. At least Luffy sees a lot of use as Captain, between G3, Strong World, and mega-OP Voyage Dream.

That kind of relates to the Sanji issue as well. He does all this cool superhuman stuff like Zoro, but all his incarnations in Treasure Cruise really suck. I mean, Strong World Sanji has this cool art and sprite, then ends up being a Lion Song clone with a mediocre damage special. If I didn't know any better, I'd say one of the devs really hates him.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I have the units to do Mihawks forest but can't seem to get it down. Always mess something up at 18 or 19. Maybe I just need to go in with something other than WB or G3. They are too hard to not mess up.

Edit: and right after complaining I rock the stage with a double WB team. Finally got that damned coffin ship! 177 cola only got the thing to stage 8. :-/

Trying to farm Hina is downright soul crushing. Her drop rate seems so stupidly low I don't even know if it's worth getting her last two levels or that I could even if I wanted to.

RalchAC

I have the units to do Mihawks forest but can't seem to get it down. Always mess something up at 18 or 19. Maybe I just need to go in with something other than WB or G3. They are too hard to not mess up.

Edit: and right after complaining I rock the stage with a double WB team. Finally got that damned coffin ship! 177 cola only got the thing to stage 8. :-/

Congrats! Even at level 8, The Coffin Boat is totally usable. Enjoy it!

There we go. The power of GAF rant xD didn't take long lol

Congrats @diablos xD once more lol

Awesome. Hopefully he is the unit that Fighters need to comeback.

Trying to farm Hina is downright soul crushing. Her drop rate seems so stupidly low I don't even know if it's worth getting her last two levels or that I could even if I wanted to.

I must have been insanely lucky with her then. Needed 2 days to max her from level 5. But I don't think you really need to max her.

cw_sasuke

Finally !!! I completely forgot how ridiculous OP G3 Luffy is. Honestly the last time i used him was when the Mihawk Raid arrived for the first time on the Global version. After failing a couple of times with a Mihawk Slasher team a couple of weeks ago i thought screw it ...lets give G3 a try today and i cleared it on my first attempt without any issues. Between Mr. 3, Alvida and GP you can react to every situation on this stage and G3 active is great on the Buggy and Evo Dragon floors.

quickmemo_2015-10-25-75sf5.png
quickmemo_2015-10-25-ous5q.png

Took me 240 Cola to max the ship - dont know if its good or bad, but its done so im happy. +20k HP Mihawk Slasher team here i come.

I feel Mr Prince is a unit that devs though would be cool but reality was different.

I mean, he is not that bad. After 2 Perfects in a row you get a 2.5x ATK bonus. Considering many teams run Usopp and/or a damage reducer, it sounds good on paper.

If his stats weren't terribly awful or he had a good skill I'd say he would be more used.

I think the Mihawk forest is clearable with a Mr. Prince / G3 team. Mihawk raid boss too. I haven't done many calculations though.

Mr. Prince is okay...but he is overshadowed by a couple of units who doe what he can way better. The other Strawhats just have better more useful skills and roles most of the time.

Robin, Nami, (Monster)Chopper, Zoro...they all have multiple useful versions not even mentioning Luffy or God Usopp who are probably the both characters in the game with the most/best individual versions.

What im getting to is...i want a Sanji version where your first reacting when you pull him is...YES Baby . Lol even Coby and Helmeppo eventually got a very useful kickass units with their Fortnight...Sanjis needs to step up his game.

Sweet - congrats !!

Looks like you might end up needing around as much Cola as i did to max the ship.

Majukun

what the hell,is there something i am missing for hina ablity?
i already spent 10 hina with double skillup rate and got 0 skillups..how is that possible?

bjork

I could be wrong, but I feel like the method of feeding 2-3 at a time is more effective than anything, skill up event or not. At least, it seems to work the best for me.

Kyou

I've fed what feels like dozens of pumpkin luffy's to himself and havent gotten a single skill up

not that it really matters but it's still strange

Heng

I could be wrong, but I feel like the method of feeding 2-3 at a time is more effective than anything, skill up event or not. At least, it seems to work the best for me.
After reading your post, I decided to feed my last two books to WB.

XwqCvpx.jpg

Now I can start farming Hina, but reading some of the posts here makes me think I won't max her out in time.

bjork

You're welcome for my sagely yet uninformed advice, Heng. :)

As for Hina, last time she was around, I got her up to 6. This time, I haven't been running her as much, but probably 7-8 drops and I've only had two more skill ups. I definitely want that last one to max her more than I'm worrying about the Halloween SHs. Other than Zoro in specific cases, I can't see myself slotting any of these characters into teams. Possibly Chopper, but maybe not even him.

Dandte

I am hyper jealous of any G3 Luffy or Whitebeard I see.

Someday I will be blessed.
Hahaha, i have a skill maxed g3 a non skill maxed g3 and a Ballon Luffy Sitting in my box, Full of dust, because i don't Trust myself to hit all the perfects >.< i wish These Gatcha Games would have a Share function.

bjork

Hahaha, i have a skill maxed g3 a non skill maxed g3 and a Ballon Luffy Sitting in my box, Full of dust, because i don't Trust myself to hit all the perfects >.< i wish These Gatcha Games would have a Share function.

I get keeping a Balloon Luffy, but why 2 G3s? Saving it for slots?

I think I'm going to skip turtle time again tomorrow. My Law, Hina, and Halloween Chopper are all 1 skill level away from being maxed so I'd rather spend my stamina doing that instead. Plus I didn't get any new units to level during the last sugo, grrr...

Jayhawk

Law doesn't want to get his skill above level 5 for me. I hope this doesn't bite me in the ass in the future. All these damn pigs and turtles clogging up my space.

chrono01

Law doesn't want to get his skill above level 5 for me. I hope this doesn't bite me in the ass in the future. All these damn pigs and turtles clogging up my space.
Law is being annoying for me too, especially considering the drop-rate for his book. He's only skill level 5, but I managed to max skill both G3 Luffy [and am now fusing away the extra for XP] before getting close to max'ing my Law. I doubt I'll get him finished by Tuesday. :/

Kyou

my law has refused to level up his skill even once. Oh well.

Trying to figure out what I should do with all these red pigs

cw_sasuke

Iva will be here soon - think i will use the following team

iva3ahkym.jpg

Dont plan on farming her, but a couple of clears should be possible.

Top Bottom