• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

bjork

Did one last run before I went to bed a few hours ago, just to use up some stamina. Hina dropped, Hina skilled up to Max.

New update adds the spots for Halloween p2, not sure what else.

Think I'm gonna just run 5s to get more Halloween p1 drops, seemed like Chopper turned up a lot there.

RalchAC

Iva will be here soon - think i will use the following team

iva3ahkym.jpg

Dont plan on farming her, but a couple of clears should be possible.

Mine should a bit similar too, but I think I'm going to use my Kalifa and the Merry go since I don't have a Law like you (so I can't bring 2 Zoros) and I want some safe orb manipulation.

I was going to bring Halloween Luffy, but if Usopp works I'll use him :p

sasari

My current team for Ivankov

z6o4fHo.png

Unsure on whether to switch out Coby though, I have a ton to fill that spot but I figure it may be worth using for the boost since I don't have doublefinger.

bjork

with sugofest well behind us, it'd be cool if you guys could take another look at my team. is a slasher strategy still sensible?

Things I would do:

- Evolve that Arlong ASAP. The halloween event is dropping red pigs and turtles, so it's a good time for grabbing those.

That's more or less it, aside from leveling your units. What is taking up the rest of your box?

My current team for Ivankov

Unsure on whether to switch out Coby though, I have a ton to fill that spot but I figure it may be worth using for the boost since I don't have doublefinger.

The only other unit I can think of is Hina, for the orb lock. The boost is probably better than the lock though, right?

daydream

Banned
Things I would do:

- Evolve that Arlong ASAP. The halloween event is dropping red pigs and turtles, so it's a good time for grabbing those.

That's more or less it, aside from leveling your units. What is taking up the rest of your box?

yeah, i've made that a priority, believe me. just ran out of turtles. good tip about the halloween event, though

i highlighted all the notable characters in the second image, that's all the standouts i have

RalchAC

Wow, it's been 250 days since I started playing. Time sure flies. I may update a screenshot of my box or something. I'd like to see how everybody's boxes are shaping up.

with sugofest well behind us, it'd be cool if you guys could take another look at my team. is a slasher strategy still sensible?

Yeah, keep using your Slasher team. Once you've evolved your Arlong level him up a bit, he has great stats and you'll be using him for a really long time.

Have you tried the Halloween Strawhats? Or Alvida while Alvida's Hideout (story) is at 2x Drop? She is a really useful character and the mission in question only costs 5 stamina.

Remember that you shouldn't evolve Mirage Tempo Nami and GP Usopp! And today there is Turtle Time. You may want to do some runs. I think somebody already told you about the Marine Tandem team.

It seems you're doing quite well so far. Just keep getting the character for the new and returning Fortnight Islands and you should catch up in no time!

bjork

yeah, i've made that a priority, believe me. just ran out of turtles. good tip about the halloween event, though

i highlighted all the notable characters in the second image, that's all the standouts i have

You're almost there on having units for good teams of fighters, strikers, QCK and DEX. Keep at it, and may the drops fall in your favor. Where are you storywise?

Wow, it's been 250 days since I started playing. Time sure flies. I may update a screenshot of my box or something. I'd like to see how everybody's boxes are shaping up.

I'm not as stacked as some folks and I have no legends, but I have enough to handle most situations so far.

6pTOp20.png

zsnFmn9.png

9632KDf.png

ti3kcLH.png

PyHexBd.png

RR74cdS.png

g45xxJv.png

pI2Ows1.png

c5RpLPm.png

pd4PYD0.png

The rest is evo materials with about 35 free spaces out of 300.

0/3 on Whitebeard... I guess I'm not gonna max him anytime soon. Maxed Franken-Franky's and Croc's specials, though, so there's that.

As for Iva, I think my best bet would be to use

Asura Zoro
Apoo
Mihawk
Halloween Luffy
Golden Pound Usopp

with a friend Law. They're all still in the 50s, but with full dex and Luffy's boost they should do about 600k. The challenge would then be stalling until Apoo's special is ready and not dying.

bjork

Caught turtle time for the first time in awhile. Got enough to get Vista and Robin to 90, and Tsuru to like 36 (she got the little turtles, heh.) The next one is at 10 pm, I doubt I'll catch it.

daydream

Banned
You're almost there on having units for good teams of fighters, strikers, QCK and DEX. Keep at it, and may the drops fall in your favor. Where are you storywise?

i'm at the whale stage. team is probably a bit overpowered for where i'm at but hey, i'll take it!

Yeah, keep using your Slasher team. Once you've evolved your Arlong level him up a bit, he has great stats and you'll be using him for a really long time.

Have you tried the Halloween Strawhats? Or Alvida while Alvida's Hideout (story) is at 2x Drop? She is a really useful character and the mission in question only costs 5 stamina.

Remember that you shouldn't evolve Mirage Tempo Nami and GP Usopp! And today there is Turtle Time. You may want to do some runs. I think somebody already told you about the Marine Tandem team.

It seems you're doing quite well so far. Just keep getting the character for the new and returning Fortnight Islands and you should catch up in no time!

yeah, definitely won't evolve my maxed nami or usopp (well, i'll evolve my extra nami just for the heck of it if i have fodder to spare. or maybe i'll go the same route and feed her to my maxed nami for the ability level up)

would alvida be good enough to replace someone in my team? as for turtle time, i've usually been doing pretty well in it when i catch it (kinda forget about it more often than not) but i'll look into the tandem team. thanks a bunch!

bjork

i'm at the whale stage. team is probably a bit overpowered for where i'm at but hey, i'll take it!

yeah, definitely won't evolve my maxed nami or usopp (well, i'll evolve my extra nami just for the heck of it if i have fodder to spare. or maybe i'll go the same route and feed her to my maxed nami for the ability level up)

would alvida be good enough to replace someone in my team? as for turtle time, i've usually been doing pretty well in it when i catch it (kinda forget about it more often than not) but i'll look into the tandem team. thanks a bunch!

There are some great units up ahead, and plenty of gems left to earn on the remaining stages. Maybe run those stages as you become able to without much trouble, and sit on the gems you earn until a sugofest? You'll hear us gripe about repeated pulls in a sugofest, but there are a ton of great units you could pull to make things much easier for you. :)

As for Alvida: Base Alvida is nothing too special, but if you evolve her into the smooth-smooth Alvida, she gains a special that reduces damage by 80% for 1 turn. In a slasher team, she wouldn't get the boost from Arlong, but she might come in handy if there's a specific stage you're having trouble with. Plus, she's great for the Mihawk forest, when you decide to try and tackle it. I think her base evolves at 50, but I'm fuzzy on the numbers. I don't remember it being too much of a grind to get her evolved, though.

bjork

Surprise Zephyr release for tomorrow incoming!

Haha, people would have a fit.

Ashura Zorro is good against Iva?

From the sounds of it, a good dex team can stall for specials and stomp Iva. Looks like the only hurdle is a stage with fodder that lock along with 3 elder seahorses, but if you have a GP Usopp and 2 Asura Zoros, they hit for enough hits each to take out one seahorse apiece.

Majukun

i still don't know what team to use for iva and if i'm gonna farm it or not...i like the character..but the skill doesn't seem useful at all

bjork

i still don't know what team to use for iva and if i'm gonna farm it or not...i like the character..but the skill doesn't seem useful at all

I'm gonna do a couple of runs but I'm definitely not going to gem for more. Only got a day left on these SHs, and I didn't run much today because I left Marco up most of the time.

Qmzn

Neo Member
Got Sengoku and Mihawk teams ready for MC in Japan... and no friend captains to support them. Bleh.

Got MAX Lucci with good orbs, MAX Lulu (he showed up so many times)... and Kaku is one level off, with the special up event over. Compulsion demands that last level, but at what cost?

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
4nzH8HY.jpg

Yeah. Ivankov got crushed. Everyone max skilled except for Apoo, who is slightly skilled up. Paired with a Max Lvl/Skill Zoro. Too easy.

RedBoot

Beat 30stam Iva easily, managed to get a drop so I'm set.

Failed 40stam a few times, falling just a bit short. I think I need to go double Asura Zoro instead of Law/Mihawk with a Zoro, the extra HP (and thus time for specials to charge) is probably worth more than the extra bit of damage.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Beat 30stam Iva easily, managed to get a drop so I'm set.

Failed 40stam a few times, falling just a bit short. I think I need to go double Asura Zoro instead of Law/Mihawk with a Zoro, the extra HP (and thus time for specials to charge) is probably worth more than the extra bit of damage.

I feel like as long as your characters are close to max level, you don't need to stall too much. You basically need to stall for as long as the stage allows you to, with the exception of the turtle and the blue or purple baddie on stage 4. If you do that, then Usopp the minute you get into Ivankov, you'll be at like 14-16 turns without taking a single hit from Ivankov (just the 6k special / turtle hits, not counting any meats you've encountered). Then after doing 3 rounds of attacks on Ivankov, use Perona/Smoker and take him down to 30%, then release the hounds / specials.

If you're losing it may be because you don't have high enough levels, since I basically gave you a way of getting 18 turns in the worst case, while only taking 14kish in damage.

RedBoot

I feel like as long as your characters are close to max level, you don't need to stall too much. You basically need to stall for as long as the stage allows you to, with the exception of the turtle and the blue or purple baddie on stage 4. If you do that, then Usopp the minute you get into Ivankov, you'll be at like 14-16 turns without taking a single hit from Ivankov (just the 6k special / turtle hits, not counting any meats you've encountered). Then after doing 3 rounds of attacks on Ivankov, use Perona/Smoker and take him down to 30%, then release the hounds / specials.

Ah, I actually forgot to stall on the fourth stage, so used to just clearing those out immediately. I was one turn short of Mihawk's special, so with that extra stalling I probably would have won. Derp. I'll clear it with tomorrow's stamina.

Top Bottom