• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

RalchAC

Did the 30 stamina quest and a bunch of Seapony ones in order to evolve my red pigs. I have 8 stored and I'm not sure who should I level up.

- Kid, Arlong, Alvida, Morgan and Mr.1 are maxed..
- Monster Chopper is at 80, but he doesn't have any skill up.
- Luffy is at 73, but I doubt I'll be using him much from now on.
- Kraken is at 45.
- Absalom at 49.
- Mr.5 is at 28, but I don't think I'll ever use him.
- I have Log Chopper, but same as Mr.5...

Or maybe I should save them until a Sugofest, or until I grab an Ohm (STR Slasher available in Skypiea Part 2)

I can use... *check* Ace and Usopp, nothing else. Maybe I'll take a day and try to get Bellamy.

Only Ace and Ussop for me, and Ussop is almost maxed.

Hopefully I can max the characters soon so I can do some Cobymeppos. I think I have some skill levels left.

BTW, here is a look at my box so far! http://imgur.com/a/sX4NP

It's been 2 days or so since I did it, so my p-lvl and Beli have changed a bit, but it's something like that

Majukun

done the 30 stamina with pretty much the same team as the past fortnight but with a asura instead of lucci since there are no red mini bosses..managed to do it ,but i have to understand if i need to rely on orb luck to burst zoro or not,,last time i managed to farm my 3 green guys an orb at sanji's stage

only got robin so far

by the way,uif anyone is interested in the team,it was

2xmihawk
asura-mr 3
arlong-jp usopp

Kumo

So I managed to get 3 WB books somehow during the final hours of the fortnight and got.... 0 skill ups. Maybe next time, you old fart.....

But I did manage to get this after all that farming. :D Did it with 14 copies.

KKjLiUe.jpg

bjork

I'm sitting right on the edge of going up one P-LVL, so I'm waiting for time to refill me a little. Did the 5, 10, and the 15, and got 0 SH drops. Just skillbooks so far.

RalchAC

Brook poisons and silences at 50% and Zoro blocks 100% damage for 2 turns when his HP drops below 20%.

I've got them all so far. I'll be farming the isle for the blue boosters and Zoro.

Rates are decent so far. But I don't really care about books (I have Ace and Usopp) and I'm not paying attention to my box since its half empty.

Love that feeling

Heng

Really thinking about spending my gems on box space. Right now I'm at 100 and it keeps getting full.
I would recommend doing so. All the characters I favorited takes about 90 slots and I also have turtles and evo mats just sitting on my bag as well.

RalchAC

Hi guys,

remember that tomorrow there is a 2x Super Success Event. Save your pigs and Turtles until then or something.

PS: Zoro skill is fucking awesome. Use it or tank an attack in the fortnight.

Raxious

I would recommend doing so. All the characters I favorited takes about 90 slots and I also have turtles and evo mats just sitting on my bag as well.

Aight, I only wanted 2 chracters anyway and I got em both ( Whitebeard and G3 Luffy ) Lucky me. Pulled em both during the Sugo when i started all over again.

I did a YOLO pull since I didn't waste gems on Iva and got 5* Bonney. She may not be a top character, but I'll consider her a "late" Sugo pull which leaves me with 2 useful pulls of the last 8 (I got 6 garbage + 4* Killer during Sugo). That makes things a bit less aggravating in hindsight.

bjork

I like Bonney. She's maybe a little outclassed for a yellow burst team, but her recovery is nice and the special could save a team in trouble if Marco isn't ready to pop or unavailable entirely.

Unrelated but I just remembered: I finally cleared twin cape with my alternate account, and Laboon dropped on the first time through. Oh, what I would've given to have that on my main.

Dawg

Is this halloween elite island supposed to be a lot harder? I think the main issue is the gloom debuff which makes my HP go to 10K from 40K since I have two Vista captains.

And then Zoro follows with his nullify buff and I'm ded.

RedBoot

Is this halloween elite island supposed to be a lot harder? I think the main issue is the gloom debuff which makes my HP go to 10K from 40K since I have two Vista captains.

Yeah, my usage of Vista and other HP boosters has gone way down since gloom came about. It wrecks them.

I actually find it easier than the first Halloween set, though if I don't burst down Zoro in one turn I'm in for some trouble.

That gloom is indeed killer for any 2x HP teams, 2.5x captains are much better here.

I initially used my 60k HP Iva team (2x Asura Zoro, Mihawk, Zeff, Kalifa, Doublefinger), but the gloom wrecked me. After switching back to the same team I used for the last fortnight (2x Mihawk, Lucci, Arlong, Croc, Mr. 3), I actually found this isle much easier. I later swapped Lucci for Zoro and Mr. 3 for Vista. Now I just wreck things with no need to stall for skills (which was necessary in the last fortnight).

Dawg

Yeah, my usage of Vista and other HP boosters has gone way down since gloom came about. It wrecks them.

I actually find it easier than the first Halloween set, though if I don't burst down Zoro in one turn I'm in for some trouble.

I have a slasher team as backup with Arlong (lvl 50), Vista (lvl 70), Mihawk (lvl 48, first evo), Ashura Zoro (lvl 40) and a lvl 45 Kuro.

I managed to beat 15 stam with these guys but I think 30 will be too hard. If I could evolve Mihawk and use him as a leader, I'd get some extra DPS but I don't have any green turtles ;-;

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I find this version harder because the enemy placement makes it so G3 can't clear every round in one turn unless you are good at switching targets mid-combo.

RedBoot

I have a slasher team as backup with Arlong (lvl 50), Vista (lvl 70), Mihawk (lvl 48, first evo), Ashura Zoro (lvl 40) and a lvl 45 Kuro.

I managed to beat 15 stam with these guys but I think 30 will be too hard. If I could evolve Mihawk and use him as a leader, I'd get some extra DPS but I don't have any green turtles ;-;

Yeah, I think that team could beat 30stam with an evolved Mihawk. Maybe try putting your blue turtles towards him? It'd still be an uphill climb though.

I'm running Mihawk/Mihawk with Arlong, Mr.1, Vista, and Sgt. Helmeppo (all at 70 with Arlong at 90). That particular lineup (two DEX, two INT, and two STR) works well here since it makes Robin, Sanji, and Zoro much easier to deal with. You might try and replicate that setup and see how it goes. Jailbreak Morgan can be substituted for Mr. 1, and if you've got Buggy, Slasher Croc, Mr. 3, or Broggy they could fit the INT slots.

RedBoot

You know, that actually makes me wonder: if I just ran 5 stamina, would I get more Zoro drops than running 30 stamina? The drop rates seem pretty generous on this fortnight, so I'd only need one Zoro per 6 runs to come out ahead (especially since I've run 30stam 3 times now without a Zoro).

Obviously, 30 stamina gives you better XP and skillbooks, but if I specifically wanted to load up on Zoros for skill boosting, that might be better.

bjork

You know, that actually makes me wonder: if I just ran 5 stamina, would I get more Zoro drops than running 30 stamina? The drop rates seem pretty generous on this fortnight, so I'd only need one Zoro per 6 runs to come out ahead (especially since I've run 30stam 3 times now without a Zoro).

Obviously, 30 stamina gives you better XP and skillbooks, but if I specifically wanted to load up on Zoros for skill boosting, that might be better.

This was my line of thinking for Chopper with Halloween 1, but what happened once it clicked in my mind to do it, was that the drops simply stopped. Not even sacks of money, just nothing.

The game knows, man. There's something in the phone's camera that can read thoughts, and it knows.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Brook is such an amazing character cant wait for his Fortnight - hope we get it after the Halloween Event.

RedBoot

This was my line of thinking for Chopper with Halloween 1, but what happened once it clicked in my mind to do it, was that the drops simply stopped. Not even sacks of money, just nothing.

The game knows, man. There's something in the phone's camera that can read thoughts, and it knows.

I figured. I know I played around with it a little with Perona, but in those fortnights you'd frequently just get nothing at all. When I ran through the easier staminas for this fortnight to get the gem, I was getting poster or chest drops on all the bosses, so I figured they might have increased the drops here.

Might do it for a day as a test, just to see. But I imagine I'll see the same stuff you did.

RalchAC

My team right now is 2x Mihawk, Arlong, Mr.1, Crocodile and GP Usopp

I figured. I know I played around with it a little with Perona, but in those fortnights you'd frequently just get nothing at all. When I ran through the easier staminas for this fortnight to get the gem, I was getting poster or chest drops on all the bosses, so I figured they might have increased the drops here.

Might do it for a day as a test, just to see. But I imagine I'll see the same stuff you did.

I'd rather get those 5500 EXP though. I still want to be over level 191 (115 stamina) for Doffy. I'm at level 187 right now.

But definitely tell if there is any good stuff!

RedBoot

I'd rather get those 5500 EXP though. I still want to be over level 191 (115 stamina) for Doffy. I'm at level 187 right now.

But definitely tell if there is any good stuff!

Yeah, I'm still going to focus on the 30 stamina for the XP. But if I can take 2-3 days to do 5 stamina and get an extra 20 Zoros, I'd be okay with that.

Yeah, I'm still going to focus on the 30 stamina for the XP. But if I can take 2-3 days to do 5 stamina and get an extra 20 Zoros, I'd be okay with that.
I'm always curious to try this (or 10/15), but without knowing the droprates I get scared about wasting STA and just stick to 30.

Although, considering I've unsuccessfully been farming for Mr. 2 for over 2 months now, I shouldn't care as much about that >_>.

Copons

Are you really finding this fortnight harder than the last one?

I'm running 2x Rayleigh on top of a rainbow team, same as last fortnight, I didn't even bothered changing the team against QKC and I'm rushing it without a sweat, so I thought a 2x Mihawk would easily destroy it.

bjork

Are you really finding this fortnight harder than the last one?

I'm running 2x Rayleigh on top of a rainbow team, same as last fortnight, I didn't even bothered changing the team against QKC and I'm rushing it without a sweat, so I thought a 2x Mihawk would easily destroy it.

Is there even anything remotely comparable to dual Rays? Makes sense you'd have no trouble.

chrono01

Here's my team for the second Halloween Island.

Mihawk/Mihawk [Level Max, Skill Level Max]
Enraged Arlong [Level 96, Skill Level 5]
Trafalgar Law [Level Max, Skill Level 7]
Sir Crocodile [Level 51, Skill Level Max]
Golden Pound Usopp [Level Max, Skill Level Max]

Boat: Merry Go [Max]

What I do is stall up until Round 6, without taking a hit. Then I immediately use Golden Hammer Usopp's special ability and try to get Robin as close to 20% health as I can, without going over. Then I stall out the two turns of damage reduction, fishing for orbs [again, being careful not to damage her two much]. When the reduction wears off, I finish her off avoiding her locking ability.

For Brook I use Trafalgar Law's ability right away to negate the opposing orbs on my units. I then damage him as close to 50% as I can, again without going over. I take a single hit and then finish him off.

For Sanji, I use Sir Crocodile's ability [to hopefully negate the STR orbs on my DEX units, as well as give Crocodile a matching INT orb to deal sufficient damage to Sanji] as well as Arlong ability [why not, it's free damage]. Then I go all out, killing him before he has a chance to attack.

Once I reach Zoro, I've basically won. I use Golden Pound Usopp again, thanks to the low skill level, both Mihawk specials, and then attack. If I don't finish him in one turn [which 99% of the time I do, unless I'm incredibly unlucky with orbs or I mess up my combo] I can easily wait out the two turn damage nullify, thanks to GP Usopp, and then defeat him.

Copons

Is there even anything remotely comparable to dual Rays? Makes sense you'd have no trouble.

Yes, yes it is indeed.
Dual Rays is basically an easy mode for 2x G3: you can pay less attention and still get great results (but let's be clear: a full perfect with 2xG3 hits way harder than a full perfect with 2x Ray).
Double Mihawk, though, especially in a QKC-heavy level, should do wonder - or at least that's what I thought.

EDIT: to be clear, the previous fortnight, with 2x Ray, I needed to keep track of the bosses HP. Here, I just go through it barely paying any attention at what I'm doing. I honestly don't even know if they have any special ability that kicks in at 20% or so, except Zoro and just because I really really screwed up that run.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I wish G3 people would use him over Mihawk, I still switch back for people to use mine, but it's so much simpler.
I use dual G3, Mihawk, Smoker, Garp and GP.

Bum rush until Robin, 1 turn robin. 2 turn Brook and Sanji. 1 turn Zoro, 2 turn if you screwed up a bit throughout, Mihawk special secures kill in 1, and Smoker/GP if you really screwed up.

Dawg

Current progress:

Am I doing all right for F2P only?

My main teams are:

INT -> Vista, Nico Robin, Buggy, Don Krieg and Basil Hawkins. I'll add Moria when I have the necessary cost.

SLASHER -> Arlong, Kuro, Vista, Zoro and Helmeppo

STRIKER -> Urouge, Alvida, Moria, Basil Hawkins and (an underleveled) Smoker

I've also got a DEX, STR, QCK and PSY team but they all suffer from underleveled characters. Not as good as my INT or SLASHER team.

Is there anything specific I should focus on? Priority characters I should give turtles to? Main problem is my lack of turtles. I have like 50 regular turtles but those barely give any exp so I just keep them around.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
You need to evo and level your Mihawk asap... He is way better than Arlong as a Slasher Captain.

Verelios

Here's my team for the second Halloween Island.

Mihawk/Mihawk [Level Max, Skill Level Max]
Enraged Arlong [Level 96, Skill Level 5]
Trafalgar Law [Level Max, Skill Level 7]
Sir Crocodile [Level 51, Skill Level Max]
Golden Pound Usopp [Level Max, Skill Level Max]

Boat: Merry Go [Max]
Wow, this is my exact set up. Are you me!?

Might want to crop your p.lvl dawg. Too much information.

Heng

Current progress:

Am I doing all right for F2P only?

My main teams are:

INT -> Vista, Nico Robin, Buggy, Don Krieg and Basil Hawkins. I'll add Moria when I have the necessary cost.

SLASHER -> Arlong, Kuro, Vista, Zoro and Helmeppo

STRIKER -> Urouge, Alvida, Moria, Basil Hawkins and (an underleveled) Smoker

I've also got a DEX, STR, QCK and PSY team but they all suffer from underleveled characters. Not as good as my INT or SLASHER team.

Is there anything specific I should focus on? Priority characters I should give turtles to? Main problem is my lack of turtles. I have like 50 regular turtles but those barely give any exp so I just keep them around.
It's a pretty good for f2p. As someone said earlier, evolve and level Mihawk ASAP because he'll give slashers x2.5 damage plus the 30% hp reduction. Your strongest team is your slasher team so focus on leveling them (Mihawk takes priority).

So far only 3 Marco and Jozu books each and 2 Rayleigh although I don't have him. I haven't seen an impact Usopp book and the only character I'm interested in is Zoro but even then it's not a whole lot.

I think the other island was easier (since my striker team has 5 people over 1200 attack) but this one isn't that bad either. The team I run doesn't require stalling either, it just happens naturally. The team I'm using is 2 Mihawk, Ashura Zoro, Arlong, Vista, and Mr.1. I can usually 1 shot Robin and maybe 3-4 shot Brook (I try not to bring him under 60% on the first 2 turn to get at least 2 matching orbs on my characters, Sanji usually takes 2 or 3 and Zoro takes only 1 turn to kill.

ElChado

Neo Member
So instead of giving us a date for skypiea part 1 they decided to just give us the date when they release the island. Which is right now.

Now to wait for half stamina to run it.

RedBoot

Ha, the first level (and more, I guess?) of Skypeia has a debuff for blue sea dwellers. Hope you've got Urouge, everyone! :p

Man, I've run 30 stamina Halloween Pt 2 like eight times and Zoro's dropped exactly once. Gonna be tough to gather enough to level his special. My 5 stamina plan might not work so well since I discovered that Zoro isn't always the boss there (Sanji can show up too). I've gotten several Robins from it, at least.

Hana-Bi

Ha, the first level (and more, I guess?) of Skypeia has a debuff for blue sea dwellers. Hope you've got Urouge, everyone! :p

Man, I've run 30 stamina Halloween Pt 2 like eight times and Zoro's dropped exactly once. Gonna be tough to gather enough to level his special. My 5 stamina plan might not work so well since I discovered that Zoro isn't always the boss there (Sanji can show up too). I've gotten several Robins from it, at least.

15 stamina will be the better island to farm for posters.

My first five Zoro's were without a skill-up... :(

bjork

Before I went to bed, I ran a 30 and got everyone once, then ran it again and got zero. Went to a 5 and got Brook and Zoro, then a Brook and Sanji. They're lower level of course, but afaik the level doesn't factor into the skill up. It used to feel like the drop rates changed based on the day of the event, but lately they feel all over the place.

Top Bottom