• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

bjork

I have evidence of the fact that you never need to wait for a skill up.

A fully maxed Mr. 9, all done during regular rates.

Live in envy, my fellow captains! Bye bye baby

RalchAC

Cobymeppo also returns after hina, but it will only last a week instead of two.

Yeah, in Replay Adventures it says so.

They may bring a third wave of Fortnights like in Japan?

This schedule should definitely benefit old players, since they'd be able to do get the few skill levels they have left sooner and without many problems.

For new players, it depends on the characters and how many skill levels are needed to make them usable, I guess...

daydream

Banned
Thats cool for people who still need him (@daydream make sure you get him).

I hope Garp comes back soon as well - i still need one skill up and would love to get it done before Zephyr hits.

will do, thanks! he seems pretty badass from whenever i used him as guest captain provided by you

Jayhawk

I'll put one up for you right now before I head to sleep myself. Let me know when you complete it!

Thanks! I did the mission with your cannoneer as friend captain.

my secondary account still. should have one even though I don't use it anymore.. do you still have it (if you add it at all when I was using it

Thanks for the offer, but I managed to beat the mission with Kumo's help.

Heng

Man I don't know if I can hold onto Mihawk until the next skill up event. On the other hand, I only need 3 more skill ups so I might just try to max him without skill up event. I also think I'm not going to use gems this time around, he comes back so often and I'll need to farm him again once they release sockets.

I hope the overfill stamina comes with 3.0. It would make me feel less bad when I gem for bosses with extra stamina left over.

RalchAC

Does anyone actually know at what rate skill books usually succeed & how much this increases during 2x?

I think the consensus is that you get an average of 1/4 during skill up and 1/8 the rest of the time.

Man I don't know if I can hold onto Mihawk until the next skill up event. On the other hand, I only need 3 more skill ups so I might just try to max him without skill up event. I also think I'm not going to use gems this time around, he comes back so often and I'll need to farm him again once they release sockets.

I hope the overfill stamina comes with 3.0. It would make me feel less bad when I gem for bosses with extra stamina left over.

I'd just try to max him ASAP if you have only 3 skill ups left.

How much stamina do you have?

alben

Neo Member
The Nightmare Luffy raid introduce a new interesting mechanic. Every turn he gains a shield that block the next X hits, meaning specials wont damage him. Is an interesting way of nerfing mihawk

Qmzn

Neo Member
The Nightmare Luffy raid introduce a new interesting mechanic. Every turn he gains a shield that block the next X hits, meaning specials wont damage him. Is an interesting way of nerfing mihawk

It kind of creates a built-in G3 Luffy scenario, where your first 2 or 3 units aren't doing damage. Gives the player all the more reason to have two of the units bring pure utility with their Special Ability.

It's not listed on GameWith, but Sabo/Sabo, Mirage or Kimono Nami, PSY Franky, Kaku, and GP Usopp is a pretty safe farm team.

One might even be better off with Sabo/Sabo, Gaimon, Bon Clay, Kaku, and Usopp. Nami's good for picking at the first Pirate Penguin to stall, and she's a good insurance policy for the boss, but if her level was too high, she'd probably be less effective. Gaimon's more reliable for such things, plus he can take out one of the Elder Seahorses, and then combo with Bon Clay at the end for a guaranteed orb on Sabo and himself. One guaranteed orb on a MAX level Sabo kills Luffy's 2nd form, even with the 2.0 combo cap in place. With a low enough cooldown, Gaimon could be used for a mid-stage heal. as Double MAX Sabo puts average team RCV at around 2500.

I'll probably do some experiments. It's fun to be on the bleeding edge sometimes.

Nightmare Luffy really doesn't seem that hard, though. You get 5 turns of completely unanswered attacks to take out his first form, which is kind of rare for a raid bost, and then just do a proper burst after the refill. Makes sense, though. He's only Expert/Master, not Master/Ultimate.

bjork

Mihawk's max cooldown is 17 turns, right? Mine is at 22, so if luck is on my side I'd guess 10 mihawks to get it. Probably several more.

RalchAC

It kind of creates a built-in G3 Luffy scenario, where your first 2 or 3 units aren't doing damage. Gives the player all the more reason to have two of the units bring pure utility with their Special Ability.

It's not listed on GameWith, but Sabo/Sabo, Mirage or Kimono Nami, PSY Franky, Kaku, and GP Usopp is a pretty safe farm team.

One might even be better off with Sabo/Sabo, Gaimon, Bon Clay, Kaku, and Usopp. Nami's good for picking at the first Pirate Penguin to stall, and she's a good insurance policy for the boss, but if her level was too high, she'd probably be less effective. Gaimon's more reliable for such things, plus he can take out one of the Elder Seahorses, and then combo with Bon Clay at the end for a guaranteed orb on Sabo and himself. One guaranteed orb on a MAX level Sabo kills Luffy's 2nd form, even with the 2.0 combo cap in place. With a low enough cooldown, Gaimon could be used for a mid-stage heal. as Double MAX Sabo puts average team RCV at around 2500.

I'll probably do some experiments. It's fun to be on the bleeding edge sometimes.

Nightmare Luffy really doesn't seem that hard, though. You get 5 turns of completely unanswered attacks to take out his first form, which is kind of rare for a raid bost, and then just do a proper burst after the refill. Makes sense, though. He's only Expert/Master, not Master/Ultimate.

Happy to see Sabo getting the job done. So far he isn't as hyped as other Legends like Crocodile, Ace or Log Luffy.

The raid boss doesn't sound especially difficult. Have you thought about going G3/Sabo instead?

The new mechanic sounds good, but I think it's the second time in a row they've fucked Ray owners with the chain limiter lol.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone actually know at what rate skill books usually succeed & how much this increases during 2x?

To support what RalchAC said, outside of a skill up rate is 12% and during the rate up is 24%. So if you log your attempts, you can see how you're faring good luck/bad luck wise.

Heng

I'd just try to max him ASAP if you have only 3 skill ups left.

How much stamina do you have?
110. The way I see it is that I'm going to have to farm him again, and there's really no scenario where I need Mihawk at 17 CD; fort nights are easily done without his special and raids that require him that low could have WB used instead. Garp on the other hand I would use gem and try to get him closer to max since he's only at special level 3.

Ideally I'd get Mihawk at least under 25.

CD17 would be gorgeous but that's a fine long term goal. I just need to get Mihawk at a CD that's actually usable, cause 32 is ridiculous.

Kyou

Hm. Maybe I should focus on upping Mihawk's skill too

what's going to be the easiest takedown method? I Vivi'd him last time but I've only got so many of those in me. Would a couple Monster Choppers and a str team work?

what's going to be the easiest takedown method? I Vivi'd him last time but I've only got so many of those in me. Would a couple Monster Choppers and a str team work?

Do you have gear 3rd? I can imagine monchop's low HP being an issue due to mihawk's pre-empetive attack.

bjork

You just need a team that can:

- take out the fodder that binds in the round before Mihawk
- survive his pre-emptive (I think it is 4000 hp?)
- can beat him down before his next attack

A burst MC team might be doable but I don't have a team like that, so I can't say. I'm fairly sure I did it with G3 last time, and the first time was probably an Arlong/Arlong team with gems.

alben

Neo Member

Yeah MC can do it. but you need to have at least 6203 HP, and it can be hard to stall for ussuop special if you dont have it maxed.

Jayhawk

I am looking to farm about 80 Mihawks and G3 teams take too much concentration for that amount of farming. I am going to try either MC, Blamenco, or Kuma as captain.

Those 3, Arlong, Alvida, Kraken, and G3 Luffy are all 80+ for me. So any combination should be okay. Dealing with the stage before should be okay with at least one 6-hit combo character for the elder seahorse.

bjork

I am looking to farm about 80 Mihawks and G3 teams take too much concentration for that amount of farming. I am going to try either MC, Blamenco, or Kuma as captain.

Those 3, Arlong, Alvida, Kraken, and G3 Luffy are all 80+ for me. So any combination should be okay. Dealing with the stage before should be okay with at least one 6-hit combo character for the elder seahorse.

Of those 3, I'd go with Kuma because there's no penalty for use and Blamenco's double recovery isn't too vital. But 80 Mihawks, holy smokes.

Jayhawk

Of those 3, I'd go with Kuma because there's no penalty for use and Blamenco's double recovery isn't too vital. But 80 Mihawks, holy smokes.

1/8 is the normal skill up rate
My history with raid bosses has been about 1/15 for skill ups!
I ain't taking chances this time!

koryuken

Mihawk's max cooldown is 17 turns, right? Mine is at 22, so if luck is on my side I'd guess 10 mihawks to get it. Probably several more.

Are you waiting for the 2x up event? If not...

that moment when 5 copies give you 0 skillups...

jayzyikes.gif

bjork

Are you waiting for the 2x up event? If not...

that moment when 5 copies give you 0 skillups...

I don't have faith in the skill up. I also don't feed 5 at once. My success seems to come when I feed 2 or 3 at once.

Although, with this goddamn halloween Zoro, I have zero skill ups because he will not drop. I'm running 30s and it's either a Jozu book or money. It's silly to do so, but I'm getting pissed.

Majukun

14 robin used..no skillup

what the hell?

ok,I'm definitely not going to max this new halloween batch..way to many skillup failed so far

koryuken

I don't have faith in the skill up. I also don't feed 5 at once. My success seems to come when I feed 2 or 3 at once.

Although, with this goddamn halloween Zoro, I have zero skill ups because he will not drop. I'm running 30s and it's either a Jozu book or money. It's silly to do so, but I'm getting pissed.

I'm saving my Jozu, Marco, and Zoro copies for 2x skillup. They are too rare to level outside of the event. I only have 6 copies of Zoro, he is almost as rare as the damn Rayleigh skillbooks.

chrono01

I'm saving my Jozu, Marco, and Zoro copies for 2x skillup. They are too rare to level outside of the event. I only have 6 copies of Zoro, he is almost as rare as the damn Rayleigh skillbooks.
I'm saving these too, along with Impact Dial Usopp. I might get rid of Jozu though, if I get desperate, considering I don't have him.

Kumo

Thanks! I did the mission with your cannoneer as friend captain.

Coool. No problem!

I have evidence of the fact that you never need to wait for a skill up.

A fully maxed Mr. 9, all done during regular rates.

Live in envy, my fellow captains! Bye bye baby

This only ever seems to work for characters that aren't very useful. :( I'm always too scared to use books on important units without a skill up event.

Qmzn

Neo Member
The raid boss doesn't sound especially difficult. Have you thought about going G3/Sabo instead?

I've thought about it, because most of my Sabo friends have moved on to other captains for the day. It's feasible, but there's quite a few snags. If I go G3 friend captain, I'm down a PSY damage dealer. I would put my Sabo as a sub with my own G3 captain, but my luck has been rotten for slotting my G3 abilities. Coby subs for Kaku, which is a plus to PSY damage, but I haven't leveled him. I haven't really focused on leveling any of the units I'd be using, except, well, Sabo.

I've tried the G3/Sabo mixed grill on other content before, and it can be really tricky, because Sabo needs to be at max HP to reach full damage potential, and with no manuals out yet, he needs 20 turns to get his Special ready. It does take less healing to get the bar full, but without filled ability slots, that's usually done with Brook, which is either QCK or (recently) INT, or Boa, if we could all be so lucky to have her around. Either way, they're not PSY.

The stall for Nightmare Luffy quite damaging. The stage damage doesn't help things. Stage 4/5 would be make-or-break, because you'd have to take out unevolved Luffy and his minions before they get an attack. Probably use one of the Sabo specials right at the start.

If I had the levels and the orbs, and I was really into farm mode, I'd just be running pure double G3, because my friends list is chock-full of Luffy, and you can let your HP go as low as you possibly can in the run-up. But why farm, when NM Luffy's special isn't all that... special?

Savin' gems for Doofy. There's a guy in my friends list that has him at MAX special, who hasn't played in almost a month. It's like watching a beautiful flower wither and die... a beautiful, feathery, psychopathic flower.

RalchAC

Thanks, Qmzn!

If you let me sleep for a few hours I can link some possible options using the damage calculator :)

Mihawk farming is gonna be so much easier due to that recent update where they fixed android lag.

I basically almost never screw up my gear 3rd perfects anymore.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
will do, thanks! he seems pretty badass from whenever i used him as guest captain provided by you

Good - do you already know which team you can or will use for him ? Dont know which farmables you have yet...but with a high lvl G2 Luffy, Evo Arlong, Alvida and Golden Pound Usopp you should be good.
14 robin used..no skillup

what the hell?

ok,I'm definitely not going to max this new halloween batch..way to many skillup failed so far

Yeah the current Events is a hash reminder on how bad the skill up rate is without 2x bonus. I already fed them a bunch of copies yet Robin, Sanji and Brook are still Skill lvl 1 lol. On the plus side Zoro is already lvl 4 - so i cant complain too much since he is the only one i really want to max skill for my Slasher squad.

Kinda regret feeding blue turtles to Lucci the last couple weeks because we have no better QCK Slasher - Halloween Zoro > Lucci imo.
Mihawk farming is gonna be so much easier due to that recent update where they fixed android lag.

I basically almost never screw up my gear 3rd perfects anymore.

Yeah - i recently beat Mihawks Training Island with G3 on my first try and was surprised to see how much easier it is to hit perfects with the current version of the game. I used to kinda hate G3....but now there is no reason to nut use as No. 1 Raid Killer.

bjork

Skill level check-in

Zoro 1
Robin 2
Sanji 2
Brook 3
Usopp 2

The whopping two Zoro drops I've had aren't helping this idea of maxing him.

Hisoka

So uh, is everyone from 0 and 5 done with tapping this week? I haven't done one tap this week, so if someone still wants to tap..

RalchAC

Ok, I don't know how is your box right now, but keep in mind:

- You need 6,3k HP or more in order to beat Mihawk 40. That's without taking any extra hit for stalling and getting your CDs ready for the fight.
- Monster Chopper reduces max health. So you can't do a full STR team. 2-3 units must be from other colours.
- Your recovery is going to be really low or 0. So if you want to heal back a little you'd need to rely on specials.
- Mihawk has a 4000 pre emptitive strike, has 10000 attack and deals 25000 under 20%

Both 2x Monster Chopper and Whitebeard/Monster Chopper teams should work. Hitting the HP requirement is easier with a MC + WB team.

Golden Pound Ussop is a must. If you have Jozu you could bring him for an extra turn (Perona or even Alvida would work too, but keep in mind your max HP).

A good template for your team would be:

Lead / Lead
STR unit / GP Usopp
Not-STR Unit / not-STR Unit

If you pm me your box I can help you a bit more.

Majukun

the bad skillup luck continues.. Last Fortnight wasn't this bad

robin Lv 1
brook.lv 2
sanji lv 4
zoro.lv 2

i'm definitely not gonna max them
anyone I didn't tap at the beginning of the week wants to tap? we 0 and 5 are gold again
So uh, is everyone from 0 and 5 done with tapping this week? I haven't done one tap this week, so if someone still wants to tap..
Hisoka let me. know if you wanna tap

Kyou

Ok, I don't know how is your box right now, but keep in mind:

- You need 6,3k HP or more in order to beat Mihawk 40. That's without taking any extra hit for stalling and getting your CDs ready for the fight.
- Monster Chopper reduces max health. So you can't do a full STR team. 2-3 units must be from other colours.
- Your recovery is going to be really low or 0. So if you want to heal back a little you'd need to rely on specials.
- Mihawk has a 4000 pre emptitive strike, has 10000 attack and deals 25000 under 20%

Both 2x Monster Chopper and Whitebeard/Monster Chopper teams should work. Hitting the HP requirement is easier with a MC + WB team.

Golden Pound Ussop is a must. If you have Jozu you could bring him for an extra turn (Perona or even Alvida would work too, but keep in mind your max HP).

A good template for your team would be:

Lead / Lead
STR unit / GP Usopp
Not-STR Unit / not-STR Unit

If you pm me your box I can help you a bit more.

hey thanks, this was my box: http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=182598719&postcount=16711

only changes that would probably matter is MC is 45 now and Arlong is 69

Heng

Here haha.. Tapping in Canada?
Sorry I got caught up in another game, do you still want to tap?

I wish there was a better way to organize barrel games. Do you guys know what Discord is? Would you guys be willing to set up an account if it's easier to set up the games?

alben

Neo Member
hey thanks, this was my box: http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=182598719&postcount=16711

only changes that would probably matter is MC is 45 now and Arlong is 69

What's the CD on you GP Ussuop? If is still at 15, i think you are better triying to get a WB friend

MC x2:
http://optc.github.io/damage/#/transfer/D249:70,249:45,66:69,306:50,15:24,227:40C1,10B0D0O0L0G0S100H

MC + WB:
http://optc.github.io/damage/#/transfer/D261:70,249:45,66:69,259:35,15:24,227:40C1,10B0D0O0L0G0S16H

Top Bottom