• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

RedBoot

Ha, looks like complaining about story unit drop rates on the internet works, just got Bellamy to drop after 3 tries. In related news, I now expect to see Dofy announced for Global any day now, making Bellamy almost useless. :)

Heng

I just assumed it was the raidboss/new isle event start time that everything seems to switch over at. What a weird start time.
That's understandable, it even ends the same time raids/fort nights usually end. It might be wise to save some stamina for this incase it turns out to be an island that we may never get again.

Did anyone try time traveling to see if the surprise gets spoiled? I would try it myself but time travel doesn't work on my phone.

That's understandable, it even ends the same time raids/fort nights usually end. It might be wise to save some stamina for this incase it turns out to be an island that we may never get again.

Did anyone try time traveling to see if the surprise gets spoiled? I would try it myself but time travel doesn't work on my phone.

Maybe we'll get a download update in 20 minutes and people can time travel once that happens. It just strikes odd the way it's a timed event when I would expect something like Chopperman to be announced in such a way that the event would be doable once on specific days, similar to the Baratie cola/candy event, not just a blanket time period of 2 days. It very well may be the Oars event, but who can really say at this point. Maybe they'll surprise us with something new entirely.

Ha, looks like complaining about story unit drop rates on the internet works, just got Bellamy to drop after 3 tries. In related news, I now expect to see Dofy announced for Global any day now, making Bellamy almost useless. :)

I like using Bellamy. I've been using him for the Brook event isle and his special animation is kinda cool. He's not useless, just not future proof. I wouldn't be surprised that pushing up the Black Beard event was a way of pushing back Doffy, who as far as I'm concerned is the most OP unit in the game, 2x ATK and HP captain special AND an orb boosting and switching special for the already most overpowered unit class in the game? Maybe the devs recognize this and are trying to get people to work around slasher teams, not that it's completely stopped them.

RedBoot

I like using Bellamy. I've been using him for the Brook event isle and his special animation is kinda cool. He's not useless, just not future proof. I wouldn't be surprised that pushing up the Black Beard event was a way of pushing back Doffy, who as far as I'm concerned is the most OP unit in the game, 2x ATK and HP captain special AND an orb boosting and switching special for the already most overpowered unit class in the game? Maybe the devs recognize this and are trying to get people to work around slasher teams, not that it's completely stopped them.

Yeah, I suspect that's exactly what the devs are doing. Global basically gives them a second shot at the game's balance, they can move around things that are overpowered, and give us content earlier where it makes sense (getting Skypeia Warriors fortnight during the Skypeia story content, implementing usability features like stamina recharge increase earlier, etc). I wouldn't be surprised to see us get Heracles or even Duval before we see Zephyr, Dofy, etc.

Bellamy does have his advantages, most notably his lower cooldown compared to the other orb boosters. But yeah, same color as Dofy, same class as Coby. He's outclassed on both fronts. :( I'm still glad to have him though. I like having as many options as possible for team building.

Hisoka

Ugh I havent managed to get a single one yet, good job

Thanks :D I used up my luck, nothing good will come from my sugo.

Seriously. The only one I've put any actual time into is Braham, but that's some luck. How much time did it take?

As a side note, I really wish we had some idea of story mode drop rates. I've run Mr. 3's levels so much that I have trouble believing that he has even a 1% (2% on boosted days) rate. On the other hand, some story drops (specifically, Morgan and Alvida) must be a lot higher, as I've gotten them several times (during missions and whatnot).

I'd hope the Skypeia pt.1 units had a decent drop rate (something like 2%-4%, which would be viable during boosted days) since none of them are particularly useful in the long run.

Maybe it depends on the color of the poster. Or if the unit is also available in RR. Did anyone even drop Mr. 3 or Mr. 2 here?

I needed both half stamina days, which is the only time where I farm story units.
(Braham ~15x, Shura 3x, Yama 5x, Satori ~30x, Gedatsu ~15x)
You get a good chunk of exp and many units to sell out of it. On a negative related note, it takes too long. It always felt like excessive raid boss farming xD
Story Characters farming also helped me maintaining my box space. I also sit at 500/500 now.. I really can't sell a thing in there and this farming didn't fill the box that fast.

Congrats on Bellamy and Braham! :)

linkent

Cant believe i max my brook.
This fortnight is so frustrating, frequent coin/no drop on brook.
The skill up rate is outrageous.
Need to spend couple of gems to make it to 18turn to beat BB.
Didnt receive any skill up after, till today, fed 5. 3 skill up.

Seeing timetraveling doesnt reveal today's surprise.
It should be an announcement of something not a surprise event(maybe princess turtle with little patch)

Heng

So it's a Facebook thing... cool I guess, I hope we get the top prize. Not going to lie, this is a bit underwhelming.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like we'll get 3 extra gems no matter what after the event is over. So basically 1 pull, given the two days the event runs + the extra.

Via the Facebook page:

Thanksgiving is nearly here and our Like a Pirate event returns to Facebook, bringing with it a bounty of prizes! The more you Like, the more you'll get!
Plus, to commemorate the event, we'll be giving away an additional three Rainbow Gems when it's all over!
We'll be revealing the first goal soon!
The event will run from Nov. 24 (00:00) until Nov. 26 (17:59) PST.

Edit for rewards:
NyNUmbU.png

Haha, I filled up my stamina bar for a Facebook like event announcement. The least they could do is announce the prize tiers since they've essentially already teased us for the event. I hope it's at least something more than elder turtles and cola. I'm not going to turn away free stuff but I was hoping for something in game.

edit: Whelp, there it is. 9 potential gems isn't so bad.

linkent

Suspect that the next tier requirement will be higher depending on how fast we reach this first tier.
So ease up with liking this page and do it later :p

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
123k likes for Tier 1? Am I missing something? This seem like quite a lot.
I don't use Facebook so I can't even help out.

ElChado

Neo Member
if any of you are disappointed in the terrible reveal and the terrible prizes-specifically in comparison to japans prizes-voice your thoughts by commenting on their facebook or their twitter page.

RalchAC

so I hope it's not like, barely hit 123 and then level 2 is like 250k or some shit

I think they haven't said which are the other goals in order to change it depending on how much time we need for getting the first one. I think the Facebook page has like 118-120k right now. The question is how many people that has enough interest in the game haven't already liked said page...

cw_sasuke

Finally done...FU Smoker. I only had a single skillup left to max him and it took me like +20 copies to get him. I thought why wait for the skillup event when he is just one away from maxing...ended up spending all stamina since the Island went live on Smoker runs. And now i hate that stage lol.

quickmemo_2015-11-24-nesgg.png

if any of you are disappointed in the terrible reveal and the terrible prizes-specifically in comparison to japans prizes-voice your thoughts by commenting on their facebook or their twitter page.

My issue isnt with the prices, free gems and Turtles are cool to have ...i just was hoping for a nice ingame event or Island. They will probably give out more and better free stuff for the Holidays and New Year....

Raxious

Really enjoying myself on the JP version. Still play both global and JP, and even though I got WB + G3 on global I've noticed that I'm starting to put more time in my JP Rayleigh account.

RalchAC

The Facebook page is at 120500 likes right now. Looking good.

The rewards are good too, and the games should be delivered before Sugofest.

Really enjoying myself on the JP version. Still play both global and JP, and even though I got WB + G3 on global I've noticed that I'm starting to put more time in my JP Rayleigh account.

Not surprised, there is a lot of stuff to do, especially if you're into maxing characters and stuff. We're getting there though, and it looks like most of the QOL improvements are being brought to Global earlier (comparatively) than Japan did.

PS: Quote to see the Doc with the OT, which is almost finished!

Majukun

Finally done...FU Smoker. I only had a single skillup left to max him and it took me like +20 copies to get him. I thought why wait for the skillup event when he is just one away from maxing...ended up spending all stamina since the Island went live on Smoker runs. And now i hate that stage lol.

quickmemo_2015-11-24-nesgg.png

My issue isnt with the prices, free gems and Turtles are cool to have ...i just was hoping for a nice ingame event or Island. They will probably give out more and better free stuff for the Holidays and New Year....

i gave up on farming smoker after bad drop rates...decided to focus on brook and ryuma that gave more stuff like pigs and turtles and had better droprates

i'll get back to him when there are sockets

cw_sasuke

i gave up on farming smoker after bad drop rates...decided to focus on brook and ryuma that gave more stuff like pigs and turtles and had better droprates

i'll get back to him when there are sockets
The shitty thing about his Island that everything else there sucks...you dont need Tashigi or the Books so you are running the shit just for him.

He has nice stats but at the end of the day max skilling him is less important than with Alvida/Perona imo.

bjork

The shitty thing about his Island that everything else there sucks...you dont need Tashigi or the Books so you are running the shit just for him.

He has nice stats but at the end of the day max skilling him is less important than with Alvida/Perona imo.

Talking dirty about the ever-kawaii Captain Tashigi-chan, them's fightin' words!

cw_sasuke

Talking dirty about the ever-kawaii Captain Tashigi-chan, them's fightin' words!

Obviously only because it is expected for every OPTC player to already own her.

I want her post time skip version though.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Lol. Or log Luffy getting announced and... We get to farm Enel!

We don't need 2 Enels do we? I think he just has his 4-star and raid form.

Majukun

trying farming mr 1 today...first bar of stamina gone and no luck at all...at the end of the day i should have a new full bar,hoping tht it finally drops

RalchAC

Lol. Or log Luffy getting announced and... We get to farm Enel!

We don't need 2 Enels do we? I think he just has his 4-star and raid form.

I would farm Wiper too if I didn't know that nobody is actually going to use him.

Only 1 Enel too. Raid Enel is another unit.

Edit: Facebook is over 122k likes. Looking good

Spinx

I want Smoker in Tashigi's body.

Me too
boooooooooooooooooooooooooooobs

Crocodile dropped first try on japan today. Wat

Does anyone else have trouble with transponder snails ? I try to tweet but it just hangs on the connecting... mini screen.

Edit: weird. It works when I switch off wi-fi and go through 3G.

RedBoot

I would farm Wiper too if I didn't know that nobody is actually going to use him.

He'll arguably be the best Shooter captain in Global, outside of maybe Curiel (who's RR only). Depending on how long it takes for us to get Zephyr, he might be worth picking up. Once we finally get to the Impel Down fortnights, we'll be needing class captains.

Can't wait for the skill up event btw,

I've collected:

1 x halloween brook
1 x halloween sanji
2 x halloween usopp
19 x brook
8 x kaku
1 x hina
9 x halloween zoro
10 x smoker
1 x halloween robin
50 x mihawk
23 x ryuma
7 x coby serg.
15 x mr.3 candlebra
2 x basil hawkins
1 x marco
9 x robin
2 x ace

+- 159 books/dupes total

Can't wait to use them all.

RedBoot

Yeah, I'll be opening up a lot of space too. I know I have about 21 Marco books, 15 Kakus, 10 H.Zoros and Brooks, and 5-8 assorted books/copies of other people. I only managed like 9 Wapol books, I figured his books would have a high droprate. Books in general were a bit scarce in Brook's fortnight for me.

Even though I'll have plenty of space after this, I still need to expand a bit more (I'm at 385, want to hit 450 or so). I plan to farm Garp this time around, and I might need to stock his copies for a while since he's coming right after the skill up event.

Majukun

i have

8x robin
35x marco
17x jozu
7x miss valentine
2x mr 3
15x coby
18x helmeppo
24 x ryuma
15x teach
15 x hw robin
2x smoker
26x HW zoro
16x brook
9x halloween usopp
17x hw brook

plus several skillbooks for towel nami,law,whitebeard and rayleight that i cannot use since i don't have these characters

226 slots to free

how are you guys gonna proceed?5 at a time?3?

Heng

i have

8x robin
35x marco
17x jozu
7x miss valentine
2x mr 3
15x coby
18x helmeppo
24 x ryuma
15x teach
15 x hw robin
2x smoker
26x HW zoro
16x brook
9x halloween usopp
17x hw brook

plus several skillbooks for towel nami,law,whitebeard and rayleight that i cannot use since i don't have these characters

226 slots to free

how are you guys gonna proceed?5 at a time?3?
I usually go with 5 at a time. I think at certain tine, you have better luck, so I feed 5 at a time to a character that I don't care if they get a skill up (Jozu) and if they get a decent amount, I'd feed someone I need (Kaku or Coby). This strategy I've only tried once and got WB and Hina to max with under 30 copies.

If I get bad luck with skill ups, I stop trying for 2 or 3 hours before trying again.

cw_sasuke

Shit i am also getting way too excited about the Skill-up events...i didnt save up many skillbooks or copy but i farmed +50 Blackbeard copies so i hope i can get him max skilled...or very near.

Well and i got like 10 Marco books..dont expect too much from it, should have started saving them earlier.

I want Smoker in Tashigi's body.

okay i didnt expect this...lol.

I've got:

68 Blackbeard
48 Halloween Zoro
18 Brook
10 Halloween Brook
6 Kaku
40 Wapol Books
17 Helmeppo V2 Books
13 Coby V2 Books
14 Hawkins Books
21 Jozu Books

And books for units I don't have but are totally going to pull during the sugo:

12 WB
12 Robin
9 Rayleigh

That's 288 inventory slots. Not much longer now till sweet sweet release....

Top Bottom