• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man. How can there be 650,000 emails on a laptop? That's insane. I work through email a lot and know that creating hundreds of emails a day isn't out of the ordinary, but over half a million emails on a single laptop? Why would you have all of those downloaded?

The WSJ seems like the only reputable source for there being anything about the Foundation.

Everything else seems to be Daily Caller and Breitbart.

Also, why is a charity that complies with all disclosures and has top independent ratings for transparency under any sort of Justice probe. While nothing is going on with Trump's whatever the fuck his foundation is supposed to be.

So what is the best time to vote to avoid lines?

most people go before or after work. so if you're in an area that gets crushed, show up after 10 but before the lunchtime rush hits at 12, or after 1 but before people start hitting the polls again at 4.

worked polls for a couple of years, those times were always completely dead. before and after work was when we got hammered.

Man. How can there be 650,000 emails on a laptop? That's insane. I work through email a lot and know that creating hundreds of emails a day isn't out of the ordinary, but over half a million emails on a single laptop? Why would you have all of those downloaded?
I imagine half of them are dick picks of Weiner.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Now seen two of these on social media. No clue where they're being given out...

EONvvO1.jpg

yCB0G1E.jpg

You'd think a rich guy like Trump could afford color pamphlets.

So are they threatening Polish people, or are you supposed to meet with a particular Pole who will give you further instructions?

My folks live in a County where the Klan tosses these kinds of stupid flyers on doorsteps every couple months.

It's far past time to make bigots afraid again

BadRNG

Maybe they weren't originally all downloaded? FBI sync'd accounts on it and got everything on Huma's account. That'd at least explain why there are reports she doesn't know why her e-mails are on his laptop.

Slayven

H. A. Goodman ‏@HAGOODMANAUTHOR 4h4 hours ago

#FBIReopensCase IF TRUMP WINS, BLAME HILLARY CLINTON'S LOYAL CULT FOLLOWING. I warned everyone, one of many articles

H. A. Goodman ‏@HAGOODMANAUTHOR 5h5 hours ago

#weiner ONE WEINER. 650,00 EMAILS. YOU DO THE MATH. #FBIReopensCase

H. A. Goodman ‏@HAGOODMANAUTHOR 5h5 hours ago

FROM BIMBO DICKENS TO ANTHONY'S WEINER, BY GOLLY WE'RE GOING TO GET TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS, INCLUDING CREAMER'S ROLE. #PodestaEmails23

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Maybe they weren't originally all downloaded? FBI sync'd accounts on it and got everything on Huma's account. That'd at least explain why there are reports she doesn't know why her e-mails are on his laptop.

That seems somewhat unlikely. If they could get them from the cloud they already would have.

I'm guessing it's shitloads of spam.

Iolo

The common thread between the NYT and WP early voting articles is that African American voters are failing to turn out at 2012 rates. This is likely to harm HRC in Ohio. It's also true in NC but Nate Cohn had accounted for reduced turnout in his model and it is in line with that.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Joe Walsh defended Hillary about Comey's decision?

What planet am I on?

Effect

The common thread between the NYT and WP early voting articles is that African American voters are failing to turn out at 2012 rates. This is likely to harm HRC in Ohio. It's also true in NC but Nate Cohn had accounted for reduced turnout in his model and it is in line with that.

Do we know if there was any change to that this weekend?

Boke1879

Obama being the first Black President probably had a lot to do with higher AA turnout.

That said. If AA's don't want to get out and at least vote against Trump. That's on them.

Iolo

Do we know if there was any change to that this weekend?

For NC? Should be updated in the Upshot tracker tomorrow. This is the only "souls to the polls" weekend though.

NC also had major reductions in early vote locations in targeted areas so that may play into it. Ohio doesn't have that excuse I think. On the other hand Ohio does not report partisan breakdowns, it is being reverse engineered from the reporting locations.

Boke1879

Joe Walsh defended Hillary about Comey's decision?

What planet am I on?

Yup.

Joe Walsh
@WalshFreedom
Hillary is corrupt as hell, but the FBI Dir has no right to mess with an election.

He goes public cuz of emails no one has seen? Just wrong

This is crazy. NO one think he should have inserted himself into this election.

BadRNG

That seems somewhat unlikely. If they could get them from the cloud they already would have.

I'm guessing it's shitloads of spam.
Well, that was part of the initial reports right? A lot of it could be duplicates of stuff the FBI has already seen, but they wanted to go cautious and be sure.

I guess I am having difficulty imagining someone keeping that many e-mails downloaded too.

Magni

I get the feeling that in 2020 everyone will be diabolising over Hillarys chances again while saying 2016 was a shoe-in the whole time, Trump was doomed from the start, and no one was panicking at all. And we go through this whole cycle again.

Speaking of 2020, does everyone here think she'll run for reelection? I realize that's the expectation and the norm, but it's not like presidents have never decided not to run for reelection.

Age being the primary concern, and public opinion the secondary one. If she ends up winning over a good chunk of the 40+% of people who vote against her next week, then it'd be a no brainer, but if halfway through things haven't improved at all or get worse, could you see her pushing for someone else to run? The main drawback I see with that is the unnecessary primary cycle the D's would need to slog through.

Speaking of 2020, does everyone here think she'll run for reelection? I realize that's the expectation and the norm, but it's not like presidents have never decided not to run for reelection.

Age being the primary concern, and public opinion the secondary one. If she ends up winning over a good chunk of the 40+% of people who vote against her next week, then it'd be a no brainer, but if halfway through things haven't improved at all or get worse, could you see her pushing for someone else to run? The main drawback I see with that is the unnecessary primary cycle the D's would need to slog through.

Unless she has some health issues or starts the next Vietnam War, I think it's safe to say she will run.

These maps in the latest 538 update scare the hell out of me.

They're fantasy maps not based on reality.

Talked to my mom, she's stressed (and now so am i) about my sister and her husband voting for trump. I'm not sure where to even begin. I'm going to my sister's husband's house for his birthday party and I'm almost at the point where i'll threaten to walk out if politics come out. I don't even want to get into it.

They won't abide by such a request unless you make THEM uncomfortable bringing up politics around you, which means that if they insist on bringing up politics, you need to do ALL of the following relentlessly:

- Call them pussies for not being able to handle a black guy taking a seat during an anthem.

- Tell them that America is not their personal "safe space" from black and brown people.

- Everytime they bring up a conspiracy theory, call it out as a "dumbass conspiracy theory that shows desperation"

- Tell them if they want to start discussing politics, they need to "start learning what a fucking paper trail is".

- Ask them if they will do America a favor and self-deport to Russia after Hillary wins.

- Stop them mid-sentence to inform them that you can't understand them when their mouth is full of Trump's dick.

- When they inevitably say you are being rude, just respond with "well you dipshits wanted to discuss politics and from what I remember you hypocrites hate political correctness."

And whatever else you can come up with. Be relentless in a way that makes THEM uncomfortable talking politics when you are around. I personally can attest to the fact that this shit works very well so long as your only goal is making them shut up about their political views.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
So that guy who was screaming "JEW-S-A" at the press the other night is named George Lindell. Some have asked the question if he's a plant, and others have wishcasted that he is a plant from the HRC campaign.

Did a little searching and found his Youtube channel. He likes some pretty interesting stuff!

So even if he was a campaign plant (hint: he isn't) that would be an impressively long con.

Unless her approval is in the low 30s and there have been multiple scandals she will run again. It would be catastrophic in almost all circumstances to nominate someone else because why should the American people trust that Party? Its why the idiotic efforts at primarying Obama were so dumb. And obviously if there is something out of her control they'll deal with it when the time comes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom