• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is the voter who was all in on Hillary until it was reported that her aid's husband's laptop might have a couple more e-mails that need to be investigated and that changed their mind to Trump or stayed home?

Like, seriously? Do these people exist? And if they do, they're fucking morons. This isn't a new scandal. This isn't a scandal, even. It's the continuation of something people have known for well over a year!

So, it looks like despite some of the craziness that happened this year, we're going to get almost exactly the map that people predicted at the end of June.

3nyY6.png

The most noteworthy things here are:
- Arizona and Iowa going blue. The latter is certainly more likely than the former, but I make this prediction for Arizona based on an optimistic "latino effect" and Trump's abyssmal GOTV.
- It's unknown whether McMullin can pass Trump in Utah. Big question mark.
- Not shown in the map, but the margins have been uncomfortably close for Republicans in states such as Missouri, Texas, and Georgia. Not especially important because this election is so unique and any reasonable Republican would not be hemorrhaging so badly on home turf, but it's certainly comical on this election.

The "hopium" was amusing but I'm glad to see most of GAF has gone back to its senses*.

I have everyone in here blocked so I'm not really sure if that's true, I'm just hoping as much.
Now when you say people you mean me of course.

Except I gave Clinton NE-2 and Trump Utah. Would be amazing if 8 years of fuckery gave them the exact same result as 08 in terms of EVs (Clinton would have 6 less than Obama if McMullin or Trump won Utah, but Trump would be at 179 if McMullin or Clinton won it).

"If we ran a true conservative instead of McCain we would have won!" my fucking dick. Although Trump will no longer be a true conservative soon enough.

Just gimme that 52+ Senate now.

FBI Director James Comey argued privately that it was too close to Election Day for the United States government to name Russia as meddling in the U.S. election and ultimately ensured that the FBI's name was not on the document that the U.S. government put out, a former FBI official tells CNBC.

The official said some government insiders are perplexed as to why Comey would have election timing concerns with the Russian disclosure but not with the Huma Abedin email discovery disclosure he made Friday.

Uh, this is pretty bad. I hope this gets some play.

smurfx

get some go again
Well isn't this some hypocritical shit from James Comey?

FBI's Comey opposed naming Russians, citing election timing: Source

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/10/31/fbis-comey-opposed-naming-russians-citing-election-timing-source.html
yes! now this story becomes about a partisan republican fbi director and him covering up russian hacking in favor of his candidate. of course with some hillary email stuff thrown in between. i was a little uneasy about reid going nuclear but now i'm glad he did.

Iolo

Of course Nate Silver said this morning nonpartisan response differential may prefigure systemic polling error, because of course he did. So, we should panic.

I don't even know what this means.

et voilà

Nate Silver ‏@NateSilver538 3h3 hours ago

Esoteric hot take: If polling swings are exaggerated by non-response bias, that suggests a significant risk of systemic polling error.

BadRNG

This was interesting too.

The official said FBI investigators can get a "preliminary read" of the newly discovered emails within a couple of days and come to an initial conclusion about whether there is classified material in the files. "The questions is whether they will decide to share that read or not," the official said. "Normally in the FBI we would not, but we're not in normal land anymore."

Might get news soon? Time to buy new sheets

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Uh, this is pretty bad. I hope this gets some play.

Considering the tone a lot of the press have been adopting, there's no way this doesn't get play. Especially if other outlets can independently confirm it. This basically proves he's trying to play J. Edgar.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
To clarify, it seems like polls are not overstating AA turnout --- they're probably already taking into account a decline over 2012. Hence why certain areas like Ohio are doing bad. But if polls are accurate, it also means PA is okay.

Of course Nate Silver said this morning nonpartisan response differential may prefigure systemic polling error, because of course he did. So, we should panic.

Ah, he might have said that. But I'm pretty sure he didn't mean anything by it, on account of it not apparently meaning anything.

For one this is dumb playing nice by the Obama administration yet again. What the fuck.

Secondly, this proves Reid right.

Finally, the only option for Comey now needs to be resignation and barring that, firing.

Totakeke

Yeah what's the take on the White House unwilling to criticize Comey? I hope it's some sort of twelfth dimensional chess where they're hoping Comey runs to them because he's definitely hiding right now.

Hazmat

I've been rewatching HBO's Rome, and was tickled at thinking that the title of the last week and a half before the election should be How Anthony Weiner Brought Down the Republic.

Steve Schale ‏@steveschale 30s31 seconds ago
In fact 50% of the FL Hispanic Democrats and 55% of Hispanic NPAs voted to date have never voted, or only in 1 of last 3 elections

Florida won't be that close...

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yeah what's the take on the White House unwilling to criticize Comey? I hope it's some sort of twelfth dimensional chess where they're hoping Comey runs to them because he's definitely hiding right now.

Normally the FBI doesn't get politicized. It could be they're trying to hold true to that or they just don't want to wade in too deep until they know what's going on. Because prior to the CNBC report he just looked like a dumbass who was bad at politics, now...well now it's looking like more than that...

Normally the FBI doesn't get politicized. It could be they're trying to hold true to that or they just don't want to wade in too deep until they know what's going on.

Obama also put Comey in this position because he was seen as non-partisan.

Not a good look to criticize him, now. WH has to stay quiet with very clear evidence of wrongdoing.

Obama interfering will become a bigger news and give Republicans fresh attack. He made the right move.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
so he would announce Russia connections after the election

which would mean immediate impeachment of Trump

which would mean Pence is president

who needs the house of representatives to elect the president when you can shove in your own non-elected president

All you bedfretting wetters about Reid's liquid fire letter look silly now. Told you it was the right play.

Russia meddling with the election isn't new.

The emails would've leaked.

But yeah, not sure how accusing the Russians is meddling with the election.

He's gone sooner or later.

Dierce

They probably don't want him to go rogue. It is better at this point if comey keeps his mouth shut.

I know for a fact that Kris doesn't have me blocked.

How do you know? How do you know? I could have anyone blocked. You would never know. In fact I could block you maybe 8, 9, 10 times. There's no accountability, none. It's an honor system. I just log in and press the block button over and over, folks. It's that simple. You really have no idea who's blocking who. Who's doing the blocking? Someone has to be doing the blocking. But I mean we have an idea. We have an idea, folks. We know who's doing the blocking.You know it, I know it, everyone knows it. And you know we have values of civility and discourse here in PoliGAF, so blocking, people who would do that kind of thing, the blockers, I call them the blocks for short, they're just blocking it up here in PoliGAF, we know who they are and how terrible our thread has become in the past few months but what has Y2Kev done? What has Shinra-bansho done? What has Gotchaye done? Gotchaye is actually quite a good mod, he has some good ideas, but we know where his true loyalties lie, and it's not with us, it's with the elite mod class. Gotchaye is a total dummy, so stupid. What are the moderators doing? I think anyone who even looks like a blocker, who looks like a block, I think we need to bring back alt-searching and IP logging and get better at the cyber security, GAF has been DDoSed so many times, so many times, what has Kev done? If he wanted to stop it in the past, he could have done so. He's been a moderator for so many months, but what has he done? Nothing. Nothing at all. Our thread is going down the tubes. You know - and I'm still talking to you, Holmes, I like you a lot but I can get very tough, and very mean, very fast, I always punch back - they say that people like Kev are heroes because they have a lot on their plate. I like people who don't have a lot on their plate. Okay? I don't have a lot on my plate. I mean I might, I'm not going to give it away. But if I did, that would make me smart. That would make me smart. Smarter than the blocks, because I have integrity. Speaking of which, we let in all of these people into our forum, into NeoGAF, we have no idea who they are or what their values are. They come in from Reddit, from GameFAQs, from Facebook, we have no idea who they are and they get banned and they come right back, it's so easy. We have the least strict user registration system on the entire internet. The least strict. It's so easy to register for NeoGAF, we have no idea who's - because - yes - and it's so bad. It's so bad. They say oh, we're well moderated, there's no way people can get in - well, you get people like this, like this BarackLesnar, Team Alucard, Crab, and there are so many more, if we were actually safe how would these people get back in? And you ban them and they come right back so we need to be smarter. Ok? We need to be smarter. Way smarter, folks. I am the smartest. And then you tell me, well, they're just in OT, OT is bad, but PoliGAF has the good ones. Well just last week - this is really insane, ladies and gentlemen - Y2Kev is posting and who is posting right behind him? Who is right behind him? BarackHusseinLesnar. I'm not making this stuff up. BarackLesnar, right behind him. So that tells you a little something about our moderators. I will tell you, if I were a moderator, I would ban them so fast their heads would spin. So fast. Then I'd ban their wives and girlfriends. There has to be some form of punishment for the woman, there has to be. Then I'd ban their whole families. And I was talking to some moderators, I am friends with a lot of moderators, believe me, believe me, I said, we have permaban buttons, why can't we use them? Why can't we use them? I don't understand, I'm telling them, why can't we use them? The permaban buttons are right there, let's just use them. Ban the shit outta them.

So we don't know. You don't know. No you're the puppet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom