• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Who is the voter who was all in on Hillary until it was reported that her aid's husband's laptop might have a couple more e-mails that need to be investigated and that changed their mind to Trump or stayed home?

Like, seriously? Do these people exist? And if they do, they're fucking morons. This isn't a new scandal. This isn't a scandal, even. It's the continuation of something people have known for well over a year!

Not everybody that was planning to vote for Clinton was "all in" for her. The percentage of people that are/were planning to vote for her is higher than the percentage of people that view her favorably.

Russia meddling with the election isn't new.

The emails would've leaked.

But yeah, not sure how accusing the Russians is meddling with the election.

He's gone sooner or later.
Not accusing. Reid's letter says FBI has explosive information connecting Trump campaign with Russia. Thats what we're talking about here.

Not everybody that was planning to vote for Clinton was "all in" for her. The percentage of people that are/were planning to vote for her is higher than the percentage of people that view her favorably.

"all in" on voting for her. I know what you're saying but there's nothing new here.

It's not like something came out like Hillary called Jews Kykes on a recording and some of these people would now be turned off by her.

I just don't understand how this e-mail thing is information that changes any voter's mind. There has literally been no new information other than possibly a few e-mails the FBI didn't know about have been found and they are verifying them...and almost certainly the same conclusion will be found.

You have to an absolute mouth drooler to change your mind due to this thing.

Donald Trump's companies destroyed emails in defiance of court orders

Over the course of decades, Donald Trump’s companies have systematically destroyed or hidden thousands of emails, digital records and paper documents demanded in official proceedings, often in defiance of court orders. These tactics—exposed by a Newsweek review of thousands of pages of court filings, judicial orders and affidavits from an array of court cases—have enraged judges, prosecutors, opposing lawyers and the many ordinary citizens entangled in litigation with Trump. In each instance, Trump and entities he controlled also erected numerous hurdles that made lawsuits drag on for years, forcing courtroom opponents to spend huge sums of money in legal fees as they struggled—sometimes in vain—to obtain records.

This behavior is of particular import given Trump’s frequent condemnations of Hillary Clinton, his Democratic opponent, for having deleted more than 30,000 emails from a server she used during her time as secretary of state. While Clinton and her lawyers have said all of those emails were personal, Trump has suggested repeatedly on the campaign trail that they were government documents Clinton was trying to hide and that destroying them constituted a crime. The allegation—which the FBI concluded was not supported by any evidence—is a crowd-pleaser at Trump rallies, often greeted by supporters chanting, “Lock her up!”

Eichenwald and Fahrenthold racing to see who can dig up the most damning thing about Trump.

From the CNBC piece it's not clear that's the case.

It doesn't mention the Trump campaign

It's not clear, but I think Reid will still look right to most people. Harry Reid says "they have info on Russian/Trump ties" and then we find out the FBI is investigating something about Russia's influence on the election, and it's not hard for a person to combine the two in their heads and assume Reid was talking about this investigation and Trump is involved.

These voters wouldn't pass LV screens, would they?

If the pollsters could even find them? Hell no.

Polk still looking Dem or even in early voting is a super canary in the coalmine which noone expected, and the talking heads don't know how to react, so they're falling back on Conventional Wisdom, expecting this year to look like 2004-2012.

Ignore the Horse Race Narrative, because it's wrong

giphy_1.gif

Grief.exe

This week is going to be clusterfuck isn't it?

Just today:

Newsweek released a piece on Trump Destroying legal Documents (Bleaching Emails) over the years

Wapo released That Trump is still fucking over American workers, because not paying People is smart

Everyone is reporting that Donna Brazile was able to sleuth some questions for Hillary, and CNN isn't cool with that.

I'm sure there's more, did I miss anything?

The biggest one of the day just dropped, Comey refused to identify Russia as interfering with the Election at the start of October, citing how close it was to November 8th.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
The biggest one of the day just dropped, Comey refused to identify Russia as interfering with the Election at the start of October, citing how close it was to November 8th.

The OPPO was inside the FBI the whole time!

thebloo

Oh fuck, Hillary gonna lose now. Her corruption has been revealed in the form of a fucking "lead question" in Michigan. I mean, you're gonna debate in Michigan, what will they ask...?

It's not clear, but I think Reid will still look right to most people. Harry Reid says "they have info on Russian/Trump ties" and then we find out the FBI is investigating something about Russia's influence on the election, and it's not hard for a person to combine the two in their heads and assume Reid was talking about this investigation and Trump is involved.

Right but that's not factual (yet), it's a narrative

The NC, Fla, and NV early vote data seems to be indicating that Hillary will clearly win.

If this is true, Trump has no realistic path. She's going to win Co and Va. Even if Trump pulled off Ohio, Pa, Mi, Ia, Wi, & NH along with ME 2, he loses.

This thing isn't really up for grabs.

Boke1879

Right but that's not factual (yet), it's a narrative

Yea either way Comey doesn't come out looking good here. There is nothing wrong with saying the Russians are trying to meddle in this election. I mean everyone believes it anyway. But to say you didn't say anything because "election timing" is odd when you put the Clinton email news out there.

Reid will probably do exactly what Chaffetz did. say something like "why didn't he mention the Russians were influencing the election unless he had proof they were working with the Trump campaign?" Or something like that.

kadotsu

Banned
FWIW Aleppo and Wifi aren't pulling in 9% combined. Maybe 3% on election day total.

The real question is how will those 6+% break? Until Comey they were probably very favorable for Clinton. They might break worse now but the narrative could shift with the recent CNBC shenanigans.

lyrick

Oddly enough NBC will probably still roll with ABC's Polling results as it has a better Horse race Narrative, despite Nicolle Wallace saying on the Today Show this morning that last weeks ABC/WaPo Numbers (C+12) and this weeks ABC/WaPo numbers (C+1) are probably both off and the actual value is probably closer to C+5 or +6...

Grief.exe

Yea either way Comey doesn't come out looking good here. There is nothing wrong with saying the Russians are trying to meddle in this election. I mean everyone believes it anyway. But to say you didn't say anything because "election timing" is odd when you put the Clinton email news out there.

Reid will probably do exactly what Chaffetz did. say something like "why didn't he mention the Russians were influencing the election unless he had proof they were working with the Trump campaign?" Or something like that.

It's not belief, the intelligence agencies have evidence, while the investigation he chose to disclose may or may not contain anything.

Is a big story about Trump's ties with Russian going to leak from the FBI this week?

The FBI is in the middle of a crisis of credibility and is leaking all over the place.

thebloo

Not signed "-H", but on her Twitter none the less. Bit more direct about things regarding Comey, directly linking this story.

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/793181320507777025

Not that it's not a 100% valid criticism of his screw up in all this, it just strikes me as more direct from her, rather than other Democrats doing the attacking.

I think she's not far from going like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6NfRMv-4OY&feature=youtu.be&t=4m14s

There's a difference between Russia hacking DNC/Podesta/Voting Systems and Russia giving Trump any direct or indirect assistance.

Yep, that's why I said Reid's letter was so explosive.

The FBI knowing Russia hacked into those systems and the FBI knowing Russia coordinated with the Trimp campaign are two VERY different things.

Is a big story about Trump's ties with Russian going to leak from the FBI this week?

The FBI is in the middle of a crisis of credibility and is leaking all over the place.

If there really is dueling camps in the FBI, with rogue groups jamming Comey on the Huma emails, and another group anxious to talk Russia, life may come at Comey REAL fast as the agents start leaking to their journalist outlets left and right, and him sitting in the middle looking like a lame duck manager.

Boke1879

Yep, that's why I said Reid's letter was so explosive.

The FBI knowing Russia hacked into those systems and the FBI knowing Russia coordinated with the Trimp campaign are two VERY different things.

At this point I don't think Reid cares. Comey fucked up and the spotlight is all on him. The FBI being very leaky right now.

Iolo

SurveyMonkey 2-way is Hillary 51, Trump 44

That's all from California though, according to Nate Silver, because she is gaining separation there, so Trump may win the Electoral College. We must also hold the simultaneous belief that all states move in tandem. Also, systemic polling error.

Loxley

I'm still confident Hillary will win (already cast my vote) but good Christ can this election please go one day without momentarily freaking me out? This is going to be the longest 10 days in history.

Probably closer to how it'll shake out in reality. That leaves 5% for the third parties to fight over. 3 for Gary, 1 each for Wifi and McMuffin let's say.

That's lower bound. I'd wager Clinton's GOTV machine affords her an extra 1-2% at the end of the day. +9% in my estimation is her real ceiling.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
SurveyMonkey 2-way is Hillary 51, Trump 44

I've pretty much given up on Democrats winning the House, but there are three things I want from next Tuesday.

1. Clinton Victory
2. Democrats take control of Senate
3. Clinton gets over 50% (I do NOT want "half the country didn't vote for her narrative)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom