• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boke1879

Simone Sanders is probably right:

Yea she's definitely going to have to find ways to appease the younger black population that was most likely exposed to her for her Super predators comments and the whole crime bill thing.

Obama being the first black President has a bit to do with black support as well and Clinton is no Obama.

Totakeke

Mother Jones has reviewed that report and other memos this former spy wrote. The first memo, based on the former intelligence officer's conversations with Russian sources, noted, "Russian regime has been cultivating, supporting and assisting TRUMP for at least 5 years. Aim, endorsed by PUTIN, has been to encourage splits and divisions in western alliance." It maintained that Trump "and his inner circle have accepted a regular flow of intelligence from the Kremlin, including on his Democratic and other political rivals." It claimed that Russian intelligence had "compromised" Trump during his visits to Moscow and could "blackmail him." It also reported that Russian intelligence had compiled a dossier on Hillary Clinton based on "bugged conversations she had on various visits to Russia and intercepted phone calls."

I hope that explains why Trump was always so eager to defend Russia publicly when he has little to gain politically.

She was never going to garner the degree of support that the sitting black President though.
It looks pretty much down across the board.

I'm not really sure what more she can do to get dumb millennials to vote for her.

You would think the racist nature and history of Trump would spur those supposed young black millennials against him. I really just can't wrap my head around that.

johnsmith

remember me
He lost by 3 millions votes.

Naw man, it was rigged.

xTFD9X6.png

Teggy

I think someone put out the oppo signal. That MJ story is crazy. Question is if it is real. Because it is straight out of a political thriller.

Meanwhile Anderson Cooper is still leading with the original story about Hillarys emails and letting Kellyanne do all the attacks on Hillary. Clown.

royalan

Reid opened the flood gates.

The monsoon has started.

I'm willing to bet that a lot of publications have been holding on to some damning shit on this Russia relationship. This a TOO juicy a story to stay ignored as it has.

Where are we seeing that Florida will be very close? Most of what I'm looking at is showing FL as leaning very decently towards blue. New data?

Boke1879

This week is going to be so much fun!

The media won't know what to fucking do in regards to which story to run, but it definitely seems like Trump and the ties to Russia will get some play. A lot of shit is coming out right now.

McMullin is a former covert CIA operative who takes a dim view of Russian President Vladimir Putin, who along with his government, “are clearly attacking our democracy…in the same way that they’ve attacked the democracies in Europe.” After detailing Putin’s process, which includes fomenting divisions along racial and ethnic lines, I couldn’t help but ask McMullin if he thought Trump was either a witting or unwitting Putin agent. “Oh there’s no question,” he said. “There’s absolutely no question.”
McMuffin is in on this too!

Where are we seeing that Florida will be very close? Most of what I'm looking at is showing FL as leaning very decently towards blue. New data?

Mostly Steve Schale who's been beating that drum that FL is demographically lean Clinton but will still be close.

That being said, there's all kinds of things going on with FL early voting that spell trouble for Trump-he's not pushing enough votes in the I-10 north part of the state or in the jax burbs. NPA hispanics and irregular voters are surging. The GOP isn't doing awful (despite Trump's campaign being absymal there), but that's due to a statewide organization that's one of the best in the country (same reason we run weak in IA).

I thought the general consensus was that the Latino population of FL would be the thing that swung it for Clinton, especially since it's a base that has a decent conservative split among most minority voting groups. Maybe not? I dunno, I had thought FL had stayed blue through most of the cycle in the polls.

I thought the general consensus was that the Latino population of FL would be the thing that swung it for Clinton, especially since it's a base that has a decent conservative split among most minority voting groups. Maybe not? I dunno, I had thought FL had stayed blue through most of the cycle in the polls.

Latino and millennial turnout is the big issue now

Zukkoyaki

Latinos are turning out in record numbers and they're young and first-time voters most of them (meaning they'd fail a LV screening). And yes, Florida polls have been mostly blue aside from R-partisan ones and the odd outlier.

Mostly Steve Schale who's been beating that drum that FL is demographically lean Clinton but will still be close.

That being said, there's all kinds of things going on with FL early voting that spell trouble for Trump-he's not pushing enough votes in the I-10 north part of the state or in the jax burbs. NPA hispanics and irregular voters are surging. The GOP isn't doing awful (despite Trump's campaign being absymal there), but that's due to a statewide organization that's one of the best in the country (same reason we run weak in IA).

Yeah, that's sort of the read I'm getting. Schale has been changing his tune lately and has pretty much that it'll be a close Clinton lean, though Trump seems to be cannibalizing his own voters while Hillary may be turning out her less-likely voters.

Latinos are turning out in record numbers and they're young and first-time voters most of them (meaning they'd fail a LV screening). And yes, Florida polls have been mostly blue aside from R-partisan ones and the odd outlier.

That sounds pretty reassuring. Sounds like NC is the bigger of the two to worry about. Disappointing about Ohio, but I guess not surprising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom