• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Folks, please don't get too hyped about the Trump-Russia server stuff. There's nothing there that's solid enough for major news organizations to wade in and make claims/charges this serious.

And even if more evidence does surface before the week passes, it all amounts to very little anyway. The kind of stuff being speculated about here is no different from the sort of foreign communication/exchange you'd see in any locker room across the country.

Lmao

F.B.I. officials spent weeks examining computer data showing an odd stream of activity to a Trump Organization server and Alfa Bank. Computer logs obtained by The New York Times show that two servers at Alfa Bank sent more than 2,700 “look-up” messages — a first step for one system’s computers to talk to another — to a Trump-connected server beginning in the spring. But the F.B.I. ultimately concluded that there could be an innocuous explanation, like a marketing email or spam, for the computer contacts.

It would still be nice to know what exactly it is!

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/01/us/politics/fbi-russia-election-donald-trump.html?_r=0

Boke1879

Isn't it amazing how the feds were quiet about all of this though, but Comey still felt the need to write a letter to congress about emails he knows nothing about?

Yes, it will. No one gives a fuck about what Trump does, unfortunately. They only care about Clinton.

I get tired of people peddling this bullshit all the time. There's no doubt she has suffered far more scrutiny than Trump and that's unfair, but people are truly blind if they think Trump is Teflon.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
CwI1FL0XYAEKqPw.jpg:large

This is pretty comforting I think. Unaffiliated voters are transplants. They're less likely to be republicans or fuckold Democrats.

Boke1879

I get tired of people peddling this bullshit all the time. There's no doubt she has suffered far more scrutiny than Trump and that's unfair, but people are truly blind if they think Trump is Teflon.

Yea that access Hollywood tape crushed him in the media and not to mention Trump has be raked for saying stupid shit.

I'll agree it seems Clinton is held to a higher standard. It's amazing how the media is truly dragging out this email story with very little to go on lol, but as always no one cares lol.

Even after the election is over, we're still going to have nonstop fuckery regarding Trump non-concession, the GOP being unable to elect a Speaker, the GOP trying to block all Supreme Court justices, the GOP impeaching Hillary over something with the Clinton Foundation or some other bullshit.

The fuckery will never stop.

┓┏┓┏┓┃
┛┗┛┗┛┃\○/
┓┏┓┏┓┃ / EMAILS
┛┗┛┗┛┃ノ)
┓┏┓┏┓┃
┛┗┛┗┛┃
┓┏┓┏┓┃
┛┗┛┗┛┃
┓┏┓┏┓┃
┃┃┃┃┃┃
┻┻┻┻┻┻

Who is that?

Longtime blogger who now writes for Vox. He's left-learning but will always take a bat to bad Dem policy (especially on urban land use issues).

The Donna Brazile issue. I'm trying to read more about it before I form an opinion on the matter. But so far, it is leaving a sour taste in my mouth.
I honestly don't think there's much to finding out there's going to be a question about Flint, MI at a debate held in Michigan.

They may as well have told her there'd be questions about the economy and healthcare.

Y2Kev

"Still bad"? We're right around where we need to be to win unless the GOP overperforms (which they haven't been).

I don't understand this assessment. They're going to be better than 2012 shortly while we have some work to do and might not get there. Then we have to actually turnout more voters on election day! I don't know if we're greatly positioned! But I guess it's better than Ohio.

Boke1879

The Donna Brazile issue. I'm trying to read more about it before I form an opinion on the matter. But so far, it is leaving a sour taste in my mouth.

Donna was stupid for what she did, but that's not on Hillary at all, and quite frankly that story is small fish.

jmood88

Am I the only person who actually likes going to the polling place to vote?

Maybe its because my mother always worked election day when I was a kid and so I hung out there a lot when I was real little. I just like going, seeing people exercising their right to vote.
I like it but I'm also lucky enough to have had a polling place that is never crowded. If I had to wait in lines for hours to vote, I'd just vote early.

Y2Kev

There's not a lot to it, IMO. Brazile did something stupid and bad. It was bad because it was cheating and it was stupid because it's like the stupidest thing you could ever possibly "steal" and leak to someone. It's flat out high-risk low-reward shit. Like Hillary needs help with debate prep? Are you kidding?

It has nothing to do with Hillary, but it does not help people who feel like the DNC and the process was rigged. Surprise, those are dumbfuck milennials who are already not voting in the numbers we want them to.

Yea that access Hollywood tape crushed him in the media and not to mention Trump has be raked for saying stupid shit.

I'll agree it seems Clinton is held to a higher standard. It's amazing how the media is truly dragging out this email story with very little to go on lol, but as always no one cares lol.
Seems? She is and there is no doubt about it.

Even before that, Trump has never been winning the election, he's always been criticized heavily from all corners, his own party has always either shyed away from to completely distancing themselves from him, he has almost no major endorsments, and the disavow of Trump has been very vocal like we've not seen before from many places that generally aren't even political. I know people just want to see all of his scandals sink him completely, but it's such crap to say no one cares. Obviously, people care, or the race wouldn't be as lop-sided as it has been. You can argue a lot of people don't care enough, and that would be fair, but the whole narrative of Trump as totally untouchable is stupid.

Boke1879

Seems? She is and there is no doubt about it.

Lol you're right and it sucks it really does.

I have no issues with that only if the other candidate is held to the same standard which hasn't been the case a lot of the time.

Like if CNN is asking if Trump is going to pivot a week before election day that tells you something.

From the article:

And even the hacking into Democratic emails, F.B.I. and intelligence officials now believe, was aimed at disrupting the presidential election rather than electing Mr. Trump.

Uhh what? "Totes messing with the election for the lulz. not to get Trump elected. nyet"

She was never going to garner the degree of support that the sitting black President though.
It looks pretty much down across the board.

I'm not really sure what more she can do to get dumb millennials to vote for her.

probably not. but it's worth mentioning that black voters tend to be pretty engaged no matter what.

PF_13.05.08_VoterTurnout_01.png

Obama aside, its clear that 1996 was a low point (but that seems to be true for everyone- Clinton v Dole wasn't the most exciting election) but black voter participation had been on track to spike near 2008 levels ANYWAY, obama or not.

She'll lose a couple points, but I don't see black voter turnout dipping back to 04 levels, that would be nonsensical.

Even if the turnout for blacks are relatively fine, I just can't understand how they, and basically every minority group, aren't on fire to get to the polls to vote against Trump. I've said that several times today, I know, but...I just don't know. I really, really don't get it. There's not been a candidate in modern times who has posed such an overt threat to minority rights than Trump, and it's already a problem we struggle with in this country without having a white nationalist as a President.

I just can't understand that.

I don't understand this assessment. They're going to be better than 2012 shortly while we have some work to do and might not get there. Then we have to actually turnout more voters on election day! I don't know if we're greatly positioned! But I guess it's better than Ohio.
The GOP started at 110% of the 2012 electorate, plummeted and came up slowly to about 100% where they've been hovering for the past week or two.

Also why would we have to turn out more voters on election day? In 2012 Obama built up a strong lead in early voting to insulate himself when he got killed on election day. This year Dems have banked over 43,000 more votes than the GOP and polling indicates they're winning a good majority of the independents as well. Obama also ended up winning by a comfortable margin in Iowa in 2012 so Hillary has some breathing room.

Like I wouldn't freak out much about the GOP doing better than/as good as 2012 just because their turnout operation in 2012 was shit. The fact that the GOP is keeping on pace with 2012 this year speaks more to Trump's shitty operation, especially when Iowa is the one state where he seems to have something of a ground game.

Debirudog

Even if the turnout for blacks are relatively fine, I just can't understand how they, and basically every minority group, aren't on fire to get to the polls to vote against Trump. I've said that several times today, I know, but...I just don't know. I really, really don't get it. There's not been a candidate in modern times who has posed such an overt threat to minority rights than Trump, and it's already a problem we struggle with in this country without having a white nationalist as a President.

I just can't understand that.

The only thing I could think of is apathy and cynicism that Hillary won't do anything for them.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
The HuffPo piece has me down the rabbit hole of Wikipedia pages for Trump buildings

Designed by the architect Costas Kondylis, the building is 861 feet high and has 72 constructed floors (but lists 90 stories on elevator panels) with curtain wall facades of dark, bronze-tinted

Is that...is that normal? Is it normal for the elevator to list more floors than there are, or is it as hilarious dumb as it sounds?

kess

If there's something really fucking serious someone is going to break ranks and go public. Comey started a chain of events but who knows how it's going to play out.

The only thing I could think of is apathy and cynicism that Hillary won't do anything for them.

Yeah, but do they just not understand what the alternative is? What in the world is left to be said about Trump to show what threat he potentially poses to them? I can't wrap my head around it. I'm not a minority, so maybe I'm just destined to not understand it, but it still bugs me.

millenials, the post
Heck no I'm no millennial, not that they are bad. It's just getting a bit frustrating and I think the things that are happening around my candidate of choice is contributing. It was Trump, now it's this little shit that gets more attention than pussy grabbing or not liking brown people.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
gPh7vax.jpg

Am I looking way too much into this by wondering if there's some significance to his wife, the woman Donald Trump insulted before Ted endorsed Donald Trump for president, is dressed up as a pussy cat?

Like I wouldn't freak out much about the GOP doing better than/as good as 2012 just because their turnout operation in 2012 was shit. The fact that the GOP is keeping on pace with 2012 this year speaks more to Trump's shitty operation, especially when Iowa is the one state where he seems to have something of a ground game.
I don't understand how Trump is keeping pace with Romney with no ground game or infrastructure as opposed to a gazillion dollar gotv effort Hillary has with micro-targeting and Souls2Polls stuff. There has to be a missing variable here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom