• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This sounds bad. Is it bad?

Sounds bad, but I know it was mentioned it's a common trend for FL to start out as being a close state until later in the election week when a clearer picture forms, but I don't know if that's true (or I'm understanding that correctly). But FL is definitely a wild card, though you'd think with such a strong Latino population it would be much more Clinton leaning, but if turnout is that depressed I guess it wouldn't matter.

As Matt Yglesias writes...
Yup

And that's what's worrying me in regards to the FBIs competence. You blantently have agents selectively leaking information for their partisan aims and to counter the other leaks it's open season.

While I don't think Comey was partisian (stupid but not partisan) hr needs to go because it's clear he has no respect from the rank and file and someone needs to clean house from all these leaks (even the pro clinton ones) you can't have this imagine this during a potential clinton administration. It's gong to be catnip for Republican investigator's.

The nyt story also pretty much confirms that Russia is interfering just not "pro-trump" which is a stupid distinction

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Trump had originally promised that the Bonwit Teller building's Art Deco exterior limestone bas-relief sculptures of semi-nude goddesses, as well as the massive ornate 15' by 25' grille above the store's entrance, to be removed and be donated to the Metropolitan Museum of Art.[3][13][14] The museum appraised the sculptures at over $200,000.[15] However, the sculptures ended up being destroyed because, according to Trump, there were general hazard concerns, expense, and a possible 10-day construction delay due to the difficulty of removing them.[3][13]
jfc

Tall4Life

A Trump supporter just told me that its better to be allies with Russia rather than enemies and I want to fucking die

drop the fucking oppo

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
From the article:

Uhh what? "Totes messing with the election for the lulz. not to get Trump elected. nyet"
Ya, I got hung up on that sentence. When you're exclusively fucking around with the Democratic Party and their candidate to the benefit of a highly sympathetic Trump campaign... Occam's razor tells me this isn't Russia randomly throwing a wrench into the election for the hell of it.

sazzy

That NYTimes story about how Donald dodges taxes using loopholes ends with this:

n any event, Mr. Trump can no longer benefit from the same maneuver. Just as Congress acted in 1993 to ban stock-for-debt swaps by corporations, it acted in 2004 to ban equity-for-debt swaps by partnerships.

Among the members of Congress who voted to finally close the loophole: Senator Hillary Clinton of New York.

No wonder he hates her lol.

Teggy

How weird is it that 2 Trump-Russia articles drop and then bam NYT drops theirs? I mean, I'm not reading anything into it, but that was some kind of coincidence.

I think we're getting close enough to the actual election that the day-by-day comparisons are losing relevance.

In terms of returned ballots in Iowa, Republicans are up to 70% of their 2012 total, whereas Democrats are all the way behind at... 69% (bow chicka bow wow)

Looking at the trajectory of ballot requests in 2012, Democrats slowed down in the last week of the campaign, only adding 5-6k new requests per day. Since Hillary's camp is more focused on in-person early voting (more reliable than mail-ins - in 2012 ~25k Dems requested ballots and never turned them in), that might help them catch up faster.

By comparison, over the second-to-last weekend in 2012, Democrats' requests went up by 7k and their returns went up by 10k. This year it was 14k and 21k, respectively.

In terms of requests we should have a finalish number next Monday, but there should be a few more returns coming in Tuesday.

royalan

How weird is it that 2 Trump-Russia articles drop and then bam NYT drops theirs? I mean, I'm not reading anything into it, but that was some kind of coincidence.

It's a coincidence that I frankly don't buy.

Multiple news sources with multiple sources from within the FBI are reporting the same thing.

Makes you wonder what the hell is going on within the FBI.

mjp2417

Banned

FBI counterleak to the NYT to squash the flurry of speculation. Harry Reid's innuendo in his Comey letter probably prompted them originally.

I don't understand how Trump is keeping pace with Romney with no ground game or infrastructure as opposed to a gazillion dollar gotv effort Hillary has with micro-targeting and Souls2Polls stuff. There has to be a missing variable here.
At least as far as Iowa is concerned, the state Republican Party is taking it very seriously.

Romney didn't care about early voting, Trump (or more accurately Branstad) is actually trying and it's producing about the same result.

In general though I think it's plausible to assume most Republican voters who voted early in the past are simply doing so again, and they would have turned out on election day otherwise. So in that sense Trump's numbers are the normal whereas Hillary's are - on balance (there are some exceptions) - on par with or better than Obama's in 2012 which were already excellent. 2012 seems to be the first presidential election where early/absentee voting is an integral part of the campaign strategy rather than a mere convenience for people who can't make it to the polls on election day.

Sibylus

Banned
It's a coincidence that I frankly don't buy.

Multiple news sources with multiple sources from within the FBI are reporting the same thing.

Makes you wonder what the hell is going on within the FBI.

Internal dissension at a high. That usually doesn't bode well for a director.

https://twitter.com/sarahkendzior/status/793266915418312704

There is probably about 5% chance of this being true but boy, what a week it would be.

I...am not sure if I want this to be true or not. I mean, bombshell and a half, but a 65 year old Trump in an orgy...I'm not sure the world needs anything like that in it

I think we're getting close enough to the actual election that the day-by-day comparisons are losing relevance.

In terms of returned ballots in Iowa, Republicans are up to 70% of their 2012 total, whereas Democrats are all the way behind at... 69% (bow chicka bow wow)

Looking at the trajectory of ballot requests in 2012, Democrats slowed down in the last week of the campaign, only adding 5-6k new requests per day. Since Hillary's camp is more focused on in-person early voting (more reliable than mail-ins - in 2012 ~25k Dems requested ballots and never turned them in), that might help them catch up faster.

By comparison, over the second-to-last weekend in 2012, Democrats' requests went up by 7k and their returns went up by 10k. This year it was 14k and 21k, respectively.

In terms of requests we should have a finalish number next Monday, but there should be a few more returns coming in Tuesday.

Puts things into perspective for sure. Damn, the ground game on the Clinton side is something else.

CrazyDude

I really hate CNN, like all they have talking about is how these how these email will damage Clinton. They aren't talking about anything else involving it or any of the new things coming out about Trump.

What is the new story with Hillary even about?

The emails that the FBI already has were on... the laptop of the husband of Hillary's main assistant?

What is the story? What questions does this raise? What does it mean?

Boke1879

I really hate CNN, like all they have talking about is how these how these email will damage Clinton. They aren't talking about anything else involving it or any of the new things coming out about Trump.

It's funny because the data shows this isn't hurting Clinton at all. They really are trying to drag this out.

Also I hope that Trump story isn't true for reasons because no one needs to see that shit. But didn't the MJ story say something about blackmail?

OMG guys the shitty ass ads here in Arizona are becoming unbearable. Not Trump ads, fucking McCain and McSally ads. They are all ISIS IS GOING TO KILL YOU VOTE MCCAIN/MCSALLY OR YOU WILL DIE. I want them both to lose so, so fucking bad. :(

At least as far as Iowa is concerned, the state Republican Party is taking it very seriously.

Romney didn't care about early voting, Trump (or more accurately Branstad) is actually trying and it's producing about the same result.

Still doesn't explain Florida.

Nevada is a runaway freight train, if I'm reading Ralston correctly. Trump would need 90% Republican support AND 20% Independent swing on election night in order to win. That's like, impossible x 2. North Carolina is showing good progress too. Floriduh seems like it's going to be a decent performance by Trump. Which is why I wondered how is he getting all these early numbers with no campaign. Only thing I could think of is (and is probably wishful thinking at best) that Trump support will collapse on election night when his typical supporter bubba goes to the wrong voting location, gets turned away, goes home and gets drunk.

Considering how much the Trump Effect has boosted their bottom line, I wouldn't be surprised if the CNN higherups have a vested interest in seeing Clinton lose.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

The emails that the FBI already has were on... the laptop of the husband of Hillary's main assistant?

"Optics"

One thing I learned from this election is to never use that word seriously again. It's the last resort of people that want something to be a story when there is no story there.

Well I have questions as to how they got on Weiner's computer apparently without Huma knowing about it I guess, but that has nothing to do with clinton

Like, we know that Trump stole $750k from one of his employees. That is absolutely certain and that came out today.

That seems like an important deal. Trump obviously steals from his employees and is obviously a crook as shown by stealing from his employees.

.... What is the story about Hillary's emails being on Weiner's laptop?

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day

Bombshell! They are visually looking at a laptop. No one knows where it came from, but it has a sticker on it that says "CLINTON'S EMAILS."

Considering how much the Trump Effect has boosted their bottom line, I wouldn't be surprised if the CNN higherups have a vested interest in seeing Clinton lose.

This is a silly post to make when they've literally spent the entire month dissecting Trump as a sexual predator and mulling on whether the election was basically over.

Measley

HRC campaign stopped by my house (Ohio) to make sure we had voted early. I already voted. I think my wife and neice are waiting for Election Day.

Had all of our names and everything. Guess they aren't messing around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom