• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a silly post to make when they've literally spent the entire month dissecting Trump as a sexual predator and mulling on whether the election was basically over.
But think of what four years of guaranteed Trump stories and dissection could do for ratings!

(I wasn't being especially serious)

Yall gonna bedwet everyday about EV numbers in Florida, NC and Ohio aren't you?

I think NC will be okay. Ohio has always been a toss up. I admit that I am a little worried about FL if turnout is really as depressed on the minority side as that article paints, but I don't know. I'm not worried about Hillary winning, but I would like the biggest win possible and losing Florida takes a decent chunk out of the electorate.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
This is a silly post to make when they've literally spent the entire month dissecting Trump as a sexual predator and mulling on whether the election was basically over.

Yeah. This is mostly a desperate move to maintain the "both sides are bad" stance in order to try to avoid as many accusations of bias as they can, after having spent a month with a lot of insanely bad Trump stuff they had to cover and not much bad Hillary stuff worth covering.

sphagnum

Banned
The only thing I could think of is apathy and cynicism that Hillary won't do anything for them.

Yes, basically. You guys here in PoliGAF have spent so much time defending Hillary and shooting down criticism (often, to be fair, unfounded) of her that you've forgotten that she's unpopular and millions of people do not like her even outside of Republicans. Many people, whether white, black, brown, whatever see her as emblematic of "the establishment", more of the same, a corrupt liar, etc. and view her talking about social justice issues with suspicion because they think she is simply another politician. Most people are not so obsessed with politics as we are that they spend more than a cursory amount of thought on this stuff, and if they get an idea in their head then they go with it. It doesn't help that Hillary constantly ends up getting into or being tied to petty scandals that keep this idea floating around in the cultural sea.

Be glad that Trump was her opponent, because she would have faced a very tough time otherwise.

Yes, basically. You guys here in PoliGAF have spent so much time defending Hillary and shooting down criticism (often, to be fair, unfounded) of her that you've forgotten that she's unpopular and millions of people do not like her even outside of Republicans. Many people, whether white, black, brown, whatever see her as emblematic of "the establishment", more of the same, a corrupt liar, etc. and view her talking about social justice issues with suspicion because they think she is simply another politician. Most people are not so obsessed with politics as we are they they spend more than a cursory amount of thought on this stuff, and if they get an idea in their head then they go with it. It doesn't help that Hillary constantly ends up getting into or being tied to petty scandals that keep this idea floating around in the cultural sea.

Be glad that Trump was her opponent, because she would have faced a very tough time otherwise.

I think most of us are well aware of this, actually, since both candidates unfavorable rating is brought up all the time. That still doesn't explain how they can't see the clear alternative to what she is on the other side.

Teggy

I think I said this earlier, but shut up, Hugh Hewitt.

Hugh Hewitt
Hugh Hewitt‏ @hughhewitt

My #firstvote was for Gerald Ford--a good, honorable man. Thinking @DrJillStein is best option for young Ds

Paches

Which would be worse. Trump sex tape or Christie sex tape?

both.png

Boke1879

Good thing. Over the next few days. Florida and NC are important places for Hillary and her surrogates. Hillary makes 3 stops there tomorrow. Bill is there as well. Obama makes a stop there this week as well.

Crocodile

Yes, basically. You guys here in PoliGAF have spent so much time defending Hillary and shooting down criticism (often, to be fair, unfounded) of her that you've forgotten that she's unpopular and millions of people do not like her even outside of Republicans. Many people, whether white, black, brown, whatever see her as emblematic of "the establishment", more of the same, a corrupt liar, etc. and view her talking about social justice issues with suspicion because they think she is simply another politician. Most people are not so obsessed with politics as we are that they spend more than a cursory amount of thought on this stuff, and if they get an idea in their head then they go with it. It doesn't help that Hillary constantly ends up getting into or being tied to petty scandals that keep this idea floating around in the cultural sea.

A) I mean how much of her unfavorables are some mixture of sexism, being in the public eye for decades (where you are probably going to end up changing your positions on things) and being a target for Republican hit-pieces as opposed to her own human failings? There is nothing she can do to combat the former.

B) These are all early voting numbers rather than election day numbers and there have been clear attempts at trying to suppress the Black vote (which may also play into Election day) but I feel empowered to say, as a Black person, if you are able to vote and choose not to because "meh I'm just not feeling it/Clinton" you can go fuck yourself. With what is at stake? Go fuck yourself hard.

We are screwed, the more this goes on, the more I feel like we are going to lose do to depressed turnout. Poll mean nothing if people to go and vote.

This election is not helping my anxiety problems.

If you look at the numbers and do the calculations, Trump clearly wins by four points due to depressed turnout.

We lose four seats in the Senate somehow too.

We're boned.

We are screwed, the more this goes on, the more I feel like we are going to lose do to depressed turnout. Poll mean nothing if people to go and vote.

This is only talking about Florida. It doesn't seem to be a national problem, at least not on a big scale.

Boke1879

Take a step back and maybe not visit this thread for a few days.

Mizerman

Speaking as a Black person, if you somehow look at both Trump and Hillary, think that "both sides are the same" and choose not to go out a vote, then you need to go kick rocks for all of eternity. I got no time for special snowflakes with no ambition nor the drive to do something about.

Speaking as a black person, if you somehow look at both Trump and Hillary, think that "both sides are the same" and choose not to go out a vote, then you need to go kick rocks for all of eternity. I got no time for special snowflakes with no ambition nor the drive to do something about.

Preach. I'm over the narrative and the attitude does nothing to help out situation. I don't see Hillary as a savior, but Trump and his supporters will bring nothing but chains and pain

Boke1879

Speaking as a Black person, if you somehow look at both Trump and Hillary, think that "both sides are the same" and choose not to go out a vote, then you need to go kick rocks for all of eternity. I got no time for special snowflakes with no ambition nor the drive to do something about.

Yea I'm sorry. I aint got time for that. There is a clear stark difference and if black people want to stay home then I don't want to hear any bitching from anyone who didn't vote if Trump because President and starts touting stop and frisk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom