• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump can obviously read because his first few months of teleprompter speeches were super rough and showed him clearly (and awkwardly) reading the speech off the teleprompter.

But to see how Trump has gone from wanting to make teleprompters illegal to relying on them more dramatically than any recent candidate is just impressive.

And Trump does hate reading and is bad at reading!
Exactly. It's not that Trump literally cannot read, it's that Trump very clearly does not like to read, a quality one expects from the willfully ignorant. Wanting to uncover new knowledge is something we should desire in a president, and nominating, to say nothing of electing, a man who hates reading to the post would make the founding fathers, men who had libraries to make Harvard blush, turn in their graves. But Trump supporters literally only care about the founding fathers in regards to the second amendment, because willful ignorance can be an ironic bitch sometimes.

Did you see that chair? wouldn't be my first choice.
His first choice was standing in front of him, but that would be indecent so he had to settle.

This is absolutely my head canon, Trump was imagining it with Hillary. Nothing scares him more than a woman he doesn't feel in control of

His first choice was standing in front of him, but that would be indecent so he had to settle.

This is absolutely my head canon, Trump was imagining it with Hillary. Nothing scares him more than a woman he doesn't feel in control of

I'm sad that my attempts to get everyone to say HEAD CANNON hasn't taken off. :(

7 more days

Americas long adventure that started last year will be over

Ya'll excited? Whatchu planning on getting? I'ma get little caesers..

Eusis

7 more days

If alcohol isn't part of the equation you fucked up.

Not being born in time to be of legal drinking age by the time of the election counts as "fucking up" by the way.

If alcohol isn't part of the equation you fucked up.

Not being born in time to be of legal drinking age by the time of the election counts as "fucking up" by the way.

I got a bottle of vodka saved up

Unopened, but I think I'll crack it open for the election night.

What mixes good with vodka?

Diablos

Worst thing about that NYT article is that it basically is starting to confirm what we all feared, Comey might cost us the Senate. I feel robbed when I read that. He clearly violated the Hatch Act and needs to be held responsible for his actions.

Maledict

Worst thing about that NYT thing is that it basically is starting to confirm what we all feared, Comey might cost us the Senate. I feel robbed when I read that.

Which is what I posted earlier. This was not done to cost HIllary the election - no sane republican in Washington wants that, least of all Comey. This was done to ensure the house stays safe and increases the odds of retaining the senate.

Diablos

Ive been saying this all along too but to actually see a credible source starting to suspect that as well, it just makes me furious.

That and Clinton losing her most casual supporters. What an asshole. I guess Comey likes to watch the world burn sometimes. Obama must be kicking himself for nominating this partisan hack.

Which is what I posted earlier. This was not done to cost HIllary the election - no sane republican in Washington wants that, least of all Comey. This was done to ensure the house stays safe and increases the odds of retaining the senate.
But sane republicans know that Trump would likely be impeached, allowing every Paul Ryan pet project to immediately be hamfisted through.

The Hillary team is all over the place today:

Hillary: 3 events in Florida
Bill: 3 events in Florida
Diamond Joe: 1 event in North Carolina
Kaine: 2 events in Wisconsin
Bernie: 2 events in New Hampshire and 1 event in Maine
POTUS: 1 event in Ohio

I'm not sure why any NYT bedwetting punditry would be more credible than yours.

Also cross posting this from lettersgaf, because it's hilarious.
tumblr_ocid3iwyHp1tlhiy6o1_1280.png

I've decided to give CNN New Day a try. I can't watch Mika sitting there for hours looking like she's smelled a bad fart while Joe tries to relate every election to the Florida panhandle from the 90's anymore

Diablos

I've decided to give CNN New Day a try. I can't watch Mika sitting there for hours looking like she's smelled a bad fart while Joe tries to relate every election to the Florida panhandle from the 90's anymore
It's much better. Chris Cuomo is actually good at his job

gkryhewy

SEPTA City Transit Division is now on strike in Philadelphia. Could affect turnout a bit on Election Day if it isn't resolved soon. Polling places are located within walking distance of residents for the most part, but longer commutes will take a chunk of time out of everyone's day.

Ondore

SEPTA City Transit Division is now on strike in Philadelphia. Could affect turnout a bit on Election Day if it isn't resolved soon. Polling places are located within walking distance of residents for the most part, but longer commutes will take a chunk of time out of everyone's day.

The union's going to suspend the strike on Election Day, though.

Diablos

Great timing eh

The union's going to suspend the strike on Election Day, though.
Oh, nice.

Question: if the Senate is 50/50 how are committes and such composed since there's no majority? How do you bring a vote for SCOTUS nominees? Etc

Cyanity

Banned
Keep on bedwetting folks, only a few more days to go. Let's see if we can flood the place spectacularly enough to collect on the flood insurance and get some new curtains.

Maledict

Great timing eh

Oh, nice.

Question: if the Senate is 50/50 how are committes and such composed since there's no majority? How do you bring a vote for SCOTUS nominees? Etc

There is a majority - the democrats will have the vote of the VP, so Schumer will be majority leader and decide committee chairs etc.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009

I actually am not watching today! It feels so good. But mostly because this is an accurate description of how Joe does everything. He is a political mastermind because he won an election in bumfuck 20 years ago.

That's not true, but the management has said they'll seek a federal injunction to force work if the strike is still ongoing then.

I think historically the fastest way for the transit workers union to lose public support is to strike. I was around for when Roger Toussaint and the MTA struck in...2005...and it was not pretty. I remember Roger Toussaint going to jail and getting the nickname "I'm roger toussaint, I do what I want" on the morning shows.

That strike took 2 days. I will be surprised if this lasts into the weekend, but it could and would rather it not!

NY Times on the state of the race post-Comeygate

Highlights:

• Clinton’s lead over Trump has contracted modestly, but Clinton is still a safe bet to win
  • The Comey news has caused Mrs. Clinton’s most casual supporters to drift away.
  • Optimism about gaining ground in places like OH and IA are fading
  • The Comey news has potentially hurt Democrats in their bid to gain the Senate
  • NC is essentially Safe D — Democratic and Republican internal polling has Clinton ahead.
  • Trump has no chance to win PA, CO, VA, or NH.
  • Wisconsin Senate is getting closer.
I think 300+ EVs for Hillary is all but guaranteed, we just need to make sure to get the Senate too. Even if it's a 50-50 tie I think that would be enough to get a Supreme Court justice (perhaps I'm being too naive or optimistic but I really don't think the Republicans would block Garland from the minority, they have to know how bad that would look after months of "Well the next president should decide" and there are enough senators like Flake, Graham and Collins in the party to make it happen without nuking it) and immigration reform (Hillary said she has 60 votes for it right now). Maybe some big tax/infrastructure deal with Ryan would make for a pretty productive 100 days I think.

This is a really generous reading of the article. I agree the point is that she's built a firewall but "trump has no chance to win PA, CO, VA, or NH" is not supported in the article.

7 more days

I haven't even thought of election food. I'll have to have a talk with my mom and grandmother on what we should have. Pizza is probably good; I'll have to get something really fattening and satisfying, though. Maybe go out for Chinese food.

Diablos

This is a really generous reading of the article. I agree the point is that she's built a firewall but "trump has no chance to win PA, CO, VA, or NH" is not supported in the article.
Facing a wall of opposition in Pennsylvania, Colorado, Virginia and New Hampshire, states Mr. Trump had hoped to dislodge from the Democrats, the Republican candidate has been forced to try to find other states he can win in the campaign’s final week. On Sunday, he was in New Mexico, claiming without evidence that the race is tied in the heavily Hispanic state, and on Monday, he appeared in Grand Rapids, Mich., vowing victory in a state no Republican has won since 1988.
I read that as him at the very least having a hard time breaking through that firewall and being forced to try and make up for it elsewhere. I'd stop short of saying impossible though.

NeoXChaos

After the first full weekend of in-person early voting ended Sunday, African-American turnout failed to meet expectations — or historic precedent — leaving top Democrats and activists fuming or worried that Clinton’s campaign isn’t living up to the hype in Florida.
Story Continued Below
“They’re not doing enough in the black community. I have been screaming for months about this and nothing changed and now look what’s happening,” said Democratic U.S. Rep. Alcee Hastings, who represents one of South Florida’s largest African-American communities.
Hastings said he told Clinton aide John Podesta on a conference call last week that “you need to plus-up the spending in the African-American community and get out the vote.” Hastings said he was told someone would get back to him. “Nobody did,” he said.
African-Americans traditionally dominate early in-person voting. But they didn’t show in force this weekend. And Hastings said he wasn’t surprised. After Sunday night’s polls closed, black voters accounted for 16 percent of the in-person early vote ballots cast. And that included five previous days of in-person early voting.
But in 2012, in just two days of in-person early voting, blacks cast 25 percent of those early ballots, according to Dan Smith, a University of Florida political science professor who published some of the early voting data on his must-read Election Smith blog.
Due to such strong African-Amer

Read more: http://www.politico.com/states/flor...ns-to-early-voting-polls-106931#ixzz4OkpnC54S
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

This is on par with what we've been seeing. Florida is getting tons of attention. Hillary in holding 3 events there and so is Bill.

I think Obama is making a couple of stops there tomorrow.

Yeah but that AA drop is legit bedwetting (in FL)

John Harwood ‏@JohnJHarwood 8m8 minutes ago
new ABC/WashPost track: Trump 46%, Clinton 45%

OH FUCK OFF

People keep forgetting Florida has all these old Whitt people in it. It will be close. If you know folks in FL, tell them to go knock on some doors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom