• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not shocking that its way down from 2012.

Her unfavorables aren't meaningless.

What does her unfavorables have to do with one of the communities where she has some of her highest favorables?

This would only make sense if voting was down everywhere across the board but it's not.

This is genuinely concerning.

It's early and I may be reading this incorrectly so someone correct me if I'm off base.

They're basing a drop in AA turnout on a percentage decline in ballots vs 2012. 25% of early ballots in 2012 vs 16% today.

Didn't the Latino early vote in Florida spike 99% compared to 2012?

Wouldn't doubling the amount of Latinos submitting ballots drop the percentage of the AA vote even if the actual number of votes didn't change?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
It's early and I may be reading this incorrectly so someone correct me if I'm off base.

They're basing a drop in AA turnout on a percentage decline in ballots vs 2012. 25% of early ballots in 2012 vs 16% today.

Wouldn't doubling the amount of Latinos submitting ballots drop the percentage of the AA vote even if the actual number of votes didn't change?

Yes, but the ratio of black to white votes would remain the same if that were the case. It isn't. Not to mention the early-day voting in person is just a straight up white increase. The black vote has definitely declined relative to the white vote, we can say that with confidence. Question is whether the Latin(o/a) vote makes up for it.

johnny956

Doesn't explain the higher white voter turnout.

Boke1879

Maybe I did read somewhere that the AA vote isn't performing relative to how well the Latino and white vote is doing.

The said whoever these black people are who aren't voting if they want to stay home that's on them. If they want to risk the alternative for whatever reason they have no right to bitch if it came to fruition.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Black voting is down in OH, NC too. It is concerning for HRC campaign.
It was expected to be down. That's why I like Cohn's sienna polls. He said nothing he's seen in North Carolina is surprising. And his Florida poll has trump ahead. I'm inclined to believe now based on EV.

This is why I said yesterday I was legitimately curious about PA and MI.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
The campaign completely botched the outreach to the AA community. People have been talking about this for weeks, and nothing was done. If they lose Florida, they deserve it.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Just doing some quick maths, if on-the-day voting shows the same proportional adjustment as early in-person voting, then Clinton loses Florida. Vote-by-mail and she wins it by basically the same as 2012. So I think Florida probably hangs pretty finely in the balance.

Shouldn't matter, though. I think she wins without Florida. I don't think the Senate is going blue, though.

Florida and Ohio going to the losing campaign would certainly be interesting. Unless something major happens Ohio seems to be slipping away. I still think she takes Florida though. I don't necessarily believe that an increase in white turnout is automatically that great for trump. I need to see the demographic breakdown.

Pixieking

Banned
Florida and Ohio going to the losing campaign would certainly be interesting. Unless something major happens Ohio seems to be slipping away. I still think she takes Florida though. I don't necessarily believe that an increase in white turnout is automatically that great for trump. I need to see the demographic breakdown.

Yeah, exactly this. Can people really see Trump winning the White Women vote? Even the White non-college educated women vote is debatable, and white college educated men aren't going to be voting for him in droves. And that's a fairly simplistic breakdown... What about white Jewish vote, for instance?

Y2Kev

It would still go to him in greater percentage than the black vote so you'd want black vote more than white vote. Theoretically.

Diablos

That drop in AA support is really, really eye opening. I thought NC was going to be closer than FL but now I don't know. Wow. Is there even enough time to turn this around?

That drop in AA support is really, really eye opening. I thought NC was going to be closer than FL but now I don't know. Wow. Is there even enough time to turn this around?

Yes, but Clinton campaign just hasn't made that OTG black community investment. They are spending too much money on Florida TV.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Sheesh does GAF need David Plouffe himself to come and calm everyone down?

That said an N word tape would be perfect right about now lol

Oh and F you Comey!

Super disappointing that it looks like we could lose Florida. I know it's not needed to actually win, but that's a decent chunk of the electorate for the final spread.

Y2Kev

No, that's true. And the liberal elite bastions of NC turning out are not bad either.

If you just looked at Sienna and Selzer (who uses a 2004 style electorate) I wonder what you'd see. She probably still wins comfortably but Ohio is off the table by a lot.

oh boy

http://ux.usatoday.com/story/news/n.../?hootPostID=511fe2099d85490c460ead53eecf2bf1

Philadelphia transit workers go on strike

A union representing about 4,700 transit workers in Philadelphia went on strike early Tuesday after failing to reach a contract agreement with the Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority.

The strike, which will shut dow bus, trolley and subway transportation, provides about 900,000 rides a day. City officials fear the strike will carry over to Election Day, causing concerns for potential voters who plan to use public transport on Nov. 8 to travel to and from work, while finding time to vote in the process.

You would think today was the election going by this topic.

True, everyone is getting ahead of themselves, but those early voting numbers for FL are really disappointing I think. I thought FL was a pretty certain thing really, since Clinton almost always was polling ahead and there's the significant Latino population, but this depressed minority turnout there is a real bummer. Hopefully, it'll pick up this week and election day itself will have a great turnout, but since this seems to be a problem in multiple states, it's not looking optimistic.

Diablos

No, that's true. And the liberal elite bastions of NC turning out are not bad either.

If you just looked at Sienna and Selzer (who uses a 2004 style electorate) I wonder what you'd see. She probably still wins comfortably but Ohio is off the table by a lot.
I think women, college educated whites and the Hispanic vote will push Clinton well over the top. Hopefully it's enough for the downballot too.

Y2Kev

Just doing some quick maths, if on-the-day voting shows the same proportional adjustment as early in-person voting, then Clinton loses Florida. Vote-by-mail and she wins it by basically the same as 2012. So I think Florida probably hangs pretty finely in the balance.

Shouldn't matter, though. I think she wins without Florida. I don't think the Senate is going blue, though.

I don't get this though. Is it backwards? Vote by mail is way whiter than in person.

And overall democratic registrants seem to be doing better than 2012 Visavis republicans so why is ethnic breakout so critical when white people could be breaking more evenly? Shouldn't party Id matter more? Though obviously NPA is a guess.

If blacks aren't motivated by Trump's rhetoric for the last year and a half plus his history, I don't know what to say. Even if Clinton isn't perfect, she's clearly the better option and it isn't close.

To just stay home is an idiotic decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom