• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's nothing in these emails.

Neera Tanden makes "draw and quarter the people that told HRC she could use a private email server!" joke and Podesta says "dump the emails" which he meant as "release the emails" but which conservatives are purposefully misinterpreting as "delete the emails!"

I'm not concerned about a smoking gun, I'm annoyed at how Wikileaks it dragging this shit.

At this rate we're going to get #PodestaEmails1000

Blader

Reading all these articles about some Clinton supporters must lose enthusiasm because of Comey or whatever else, and just not vote, is absolutely mind boggling. I truly cannot understand that thought process.

"Donald Trump is completely unfit to be president and I believe Hillary is the more qualified person for the job...but emails... eh fuck it, not even going to vote."

Like, what the fuck?

Iolo

In the words of the great C-3PO, We're Doomed!

giphy.gif

Dierce

Comey's behavior runs deeper though-it shows a profound willingness by a federal agency to get involved with partisan politics. We've gone through that before as a country, it was bad.

Hillary needs to appoint someone willing to purge the partisans from the agency. It feels right now the FBI is all about partisan leaking information and non-partisans leaking more information to point out how out of control the partisans are and that the rest of the FBI are good people. Totally out of control!

This is exactly what is happening. Comey is still actively trying to influence the election. These leaks are happening because of him and releasing documents pertaining to the Clinton foundation is further evidence of this.

steveovig

If Hillary's internal polls don't show much to worry about, in regards to the tweet about Florida from the last page, then that does make me feel better about everything. Aren't her internal polls better than any other polls, or at least one would assume?

Are we parsing those bedwetting about the presidency vs. those bedwetting about the Senate?

Because I think one of these is legitimate and shouldn't be made fun of ;P

Yeah we should be bedwetting about the Senate, but I think we should have been doing that before so nothing much has changed. I'm still optimistic in a 52 splt for Ds. I think Bayh's stupid ass can pull it out. I'm confident in our NC ground game's ability to pull out NC especially if Ross gets an ad with those terrible Burr comments. I'm actually worried about NH the most.

Effect

When does early voting in places like NC and FL stop? This Sunday the last day? Or does it go right up until election day with no break?

I hope the AA numbers improve or at the very least don't cause panic in these last few days. I don't want a close win or close anything to cause any uncertainty. I want things called for Hillary as soon as polls close.

Iolo

He has this as the steepest jump in support for Trump in Florida in the entire election. Trump's odds apprently doubled in a week.

Nonsense

Who cares. If he's right, we're all dead anyway. If he's wrong, we can laugh at him because he has said the model's success criterion is based on the number of states they call correctly --- not on the margins.

Apparently 538 has moved their percentages of a Trump win up about 10-12 times in the course of two days. I really don't want to pile on to Silver like everyone else, but that's pretty ridiculous. It'll probably have the chance of a Trump win at 45-48% by the elections end.

I'm not concerned about a smoking gun, I'm annoyed at how Wikileaks it dragging this shit.

No one really cares about #PodestaEmails69 besides deplorables on Twitter. I think dragging it on this long has made the public generally disinterested in the whole thing.

Think he could go for the presidency in 2024? He'd have to win here in the Senate race for sure.

I've heard that before from people who seem to think that. I have no idea, since tons of stuff could happen before 2024. He'd have to win this year for sure, like you said. I get the feeling he'd be at least someone whose name comes up for VP shortlist frequently.

The St. Louis American (STL's biggest African American newspaper) endorsement was big. Obviously they endorsed all Democratic candidates, but they're usually lukewarm about many statewide Dems who have to be more moderate to win. But they weren't lukewarm about Jason.

Padding that firewall I guess?

Yep, she has a ton of money in the bank. No need to be conservative right now.

Also I don't really see a Kander type candidate making it through the primary with how he will end up more conservative to catering to Missouri's population. And if he wins reelection dems definitely won't want to give up that seat because it would be a likely loss unless we get some crazy demo changes in the next decade.

BiggNife

Well, yeah. They want to keep this shit in the news. If they dumped it all at once then no one would be talking about this anymore.

And yeah, wikileaks has nothing. If there was a smoking gun they would have released it weeks ago.

Joeytj

Banned
He has this as the steepest jump in support for Trump in Florida in the entire election. Trump's odds apparently doubled in a week.

Nonsense

Mostly because a bunch of Republican pollsters suddenly started working towards the end of the campaign. I remember people mentioning this a while back, saying that the intention was precisely this, to try and narrow the averages.

Iolo

Lisa Lerer Verified account
‏@llerer

Clinton campaign says they've raised $11.3M online in last 72 hrs – the most $s since Clinton became nominee at the convention

She's losing

John Harwood ‏@JohnJHarwood 1m1 minute ago
in Senate races, hearing increased Democratic pessimism about Bayh in Indiana and increased Republican pessimism about Blunt in Missouri

I'll take a Bayh loss for a Kander win

She needs to keep investing in NH and AZ over these states, IMO

There was a report she is doing an ad buy in AZ, but AZ is not worth it anymore unless they really have a lot of extra money they just want to blow. McCain isn't losing that seat and Clinton probably isn't winning it.

I'll take a Bayh loss for a Kander win

Definitely. I'll take Bayh even though he's pretty much everything young people have a problem with the democratic party about only because that vote will come in handy at some point.

This place is going to be a damn mess for the next week isn't it?

Indeed. But just imagine the body-draining, full-mana-releasing orgasms that will take place all at once when She's officially our next POTUS. Entire neighborhoods will need cleaning, drains will be clogged from the pent-up ejaculatory releases being jettisoned all at once.

We will drown ourselves in GOP/Alt-right tears and it will be glorious!

johnny956

Indeed. But just imagine the body-draining, full-mana-releasing orgasms that will take place all at once when She's officially our next POTUS. Entire neighborhoods will need cleaning, drains will be clogged from the pent-up ejaculatory releases being jettisoned all at once.

We will drown ourselves in GOP/Alt-right tears and it will be glorious!

I think everyone will sigh with relief but without the senate we'll be exactly where we are right now

Oversensitive Democrats desperate for a model that makes them feel safe.

I don't think oversensitive Democrats are responsible for all the poor writing and analysis. This idea that anyone criticizing Silver is mad they he isn't saying what they want to hear is a pretty shitty narrative. His site has had problems since its very launch.

Barzul

I've heard that before from people who seem to think that. I have no idea, since tons of stuff could happen before 2024. He'd have to win this year for sure, like you said. I get the feeling he'd be at least someone whose name comes up for VP shortlist frequently.

The St. Louis American (STL's biggest African American newspaper) endorsement was big. Obviously they endorsed all Democratic candidates, but they're usually lukewarm about many statewide Dems who have to be more moderate to win. But they weren't lukewarm about Jason.

Cool, I really don't know much about him, but I did see that gun ad he put out and as someone who isn't exactly pro-gun rights...I thought it was a pretty bad ass and effective ad. I'm sure it makes him pretty relatable to the more conservative electorate there. Is Biden gonna show up there? It's a tight race and I think he'd be the only Clinton surrogate who might not harm his chances.

Oversensitive Democrats desperate for a model that makes them feel safe.
No. This is wrong. There is legitimate criticism about some of the shit they throw in their aggregate. They weight some of these crap polls insanely high. They include obvious bull shit and partisan crap. Plus, Nate is fucking terrible. He's notgood at analysis. His writing is terrible, and he's a dick on Twitter. His feefees get hurt the moment anyone questions his precious model.

Sorry autocorrect went weird.

The thing about 538 is that their feature article content is really good and diverse. It's a great brand.

Nate's should post his model to a GitHub (leaving source data private). It's not like it would really hurt the site as the model is secondary to the visualizations and branding of 538 as an entity, and it would allow for more competition in trackers.

Cool, I really don't know much about him, but I did see that gun ad he put out and as someone who isn't exactly pro-gun rights...I thought it was a pretty bad ass and effective ad. I'm sure it makes him pretty relatable to the more conservative electorate there. Is Biden gonna show up there? It's a tight race and I think he'd be the only Clinton surrogate who might not harm his chances.

Biden was just here last Friday for Kander

In the future, should aggregates not include tracking polls?

Their methology is usually weird and they bounce all over the place and seem to not really show anything of interest.

They were assumed to be good at showing trends, but in the last month, they've moved up and down so much at seemingly random that they don't even seem good for that anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom