• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's impossible to have an actual 9 point swing in North Carolina given the makeup of the electorate and what we know from years of studying that state's voting patterns. You're all embarrassing yourselves.

OK so doomsday scenario: Republicans gain control of all three branches of government. Whats the worst trump could do? Could he actually start banning Muslims and demanding payment from countries in return for our protection? Could he basically do everything he said he wanted to do outside of Mexico paying for the wall for obvious reasons

OK so doomsday scenario: Republicans gain control of all three branches of government. Whats the worst trump could do? Could he actually start banning Muslims and demanding payment from countries in return for our protection?

No. But Paul Ryan gets to pass his agenda through all three branches without any resistance.

that NC poll doesn't make any sense unless everything we know about urban and inner core suburban white voters from previous polling is no longer valid, in which case we're in for a long night

People seem to forget that even good polling usually has a ~3% MoE and that pollsters tend to have Bias (usually to do with their methodologies) , which means that if you get polls form different sources you may get "swings" even if nothing is happening.

lyrick

OK so doomsday scenario: Republicans gain control of all three branches of government. Whats the worst trump could do? Could he actually start banning Muslims and demanding payment from countries in return for our protection? Could he basically do everything he said he wanted to do outside of Mexico paying for the wall for obvious reasons

HItler took what, 33 days to seize unlimited power after election?

Only two polls done for WRAL. Today and the Clinton+2 one.

The issue is it was backed up by another poll today:

Elon North Carolina poll (change):
Clinton 44 (-1)
Trump 44 (+5)
Johnson 4 (-5)

No, it wasn't. Again. This is North Carolina. This is not New Hampshire. There are not wild swings in weeks.

Also, you're forgetting (for reasons I do not understand) that SUSA has also shown Trump +4 at the start of August if you want to give the full history of their polling there!

thefro

In theory with total control you could impeach Supreme Court justices/expand the court to stack it however you want.

Also any of your political opponents are "terrorists" that you can throw in Gitmo because we're at war.

Zukkoyaki

Only two polls done for WRAL. Today and the Clinton+2 one.

The issue is it was backed up by another poll today:

Elon North Carolina poll (change):
Clinton 44 (-1)
Trump 44 (+5)
Johnson 4 (-5)

Elon has had Trump winning before and is a pretty terrible pollster. SurveyUSA here feels like an outlier given what we've seen of early voting and other major NC polls in the past two weeks (including all of those landline only polls that have Clinton ahead).

OK so doomsday scenario: Republicans gain control of all three branches of government. Whats the worst trump could do? Could he actually start banning Muslims and demanding payment from countries in return for our protection?
Stacking the SC with radical conservatives and doing absolutely nothing for the environment guarantees a short term living hell for minorities and long term human extinction.

And no, I'm not being sarcastic or hyperbolic.

No, it wasn't. Again. This is North Carolina. This is not New Hampshire. There are not wild swings in weeks.

Also, you're forgetting (for reasons I do not understand) that SUSA has also shown Trump +4 at the start of August if you want to give the full history of their polling there!

That poll wasn't for WRAL. This poll is for WRAL so I was just giving history of that.

He absolutely could deliver the majority of his campaign promises in some shape or form.

Whether he will is a different story entirely.

Iolo

I'm thinking NC is closer to tied as opposed to either C-7 (SUSA) or C+7 (Siena). So it's all about turnout.

Who would be Germany's Europe in this scenario? To save us from ourselves.
We're in a post-nuke world. Short of subterfuge and assassination, there would not be an effective way for the rest of the world to curtail a Trump gone mad without a serious threat of Armageddon.

I mean this with all possible love, some of y'all need Jesus. Lord. There was not a 7 point swing in NC in two fucking weeks. To pretend otherwise illustrates a lack of understanding of the electorate, demographics and what were seeing on the ground. Seriously. Take a break from this. Lord.

I don't think anyone should be overly concerned about Trump winning. It's not a total impossibility, but the odds are so far out there that it's not going to happen. I will admit there's going to be a real bitter-sweetness, for me and some others I see, if her victory isn't pretty huge. I don't expect a true landslide, it's just not possible in the current landscape coupled with a candidate like Clinton, but something that's significant enough to point and say, 'Yeah, Trump got fucked.' It won't shut up the 'deplorables,' but it's a good message from the majority of the country that we aren't into all that.

If the Senate doesn't go blue, then I'll probably still be depressed despite being happy for a Hillary victory. We need to just flush Congress at this point, and the fact that the Senate is still so close is such a joke.

Tall4Life

In no way is our government as fragile as Germany's. Trump and Hitler's rises might be similar but how they would enact their policies and the speed of such, assuming Trump would even be able to pass anything.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck

the real fear is giving Paul Ryan a blank check, putting 3 Scalias back on the SCOTUS bench, and letting Trump destroy all our alliances and threatening our supreme hegemony.

I mean this with all possible love, some of y'all need Jesus. Lord. There was not a 7 point swing in NC in two fucking weeks. To pretend otherwise illustrates a lack of understanding of the electorate, demographics and what were seeing on the ground. Seriously. Take a break from this. Lord.
No there wasn't. There was a NINE POINT swing! :O

(Yeah, it's probably not remotely likely)

Dierce

Just look at what Bush did. Those were all moderate republicans in power. Orange turd is far from being a moderate.

Not only is his rhetoric dangerous, he is extremely stupid and will be easily persuaded by Bannon to go on witch hunts and make the country a living hell for anyone that doesn't bend over to them.

If Clinton wins and the Democrats take control of Congress I really hope they ram through Puerto Rico statehood before the midterms. I'd love it if the Equal Rights Amendment could be sent through again as well as the People's Rights/Saving American Democracy Amendment.

Hopefully we'd get a SCOTUS decision outlawing voter ID laws too.

kadotsu

Banned
The Bush cabinet wasn't moderate. They started wars we are still in now and cut taxes and regulations that led to the worst recession in modern history.

Barzul

If Clinton wins and the Democrats take control of Congress I really hope they ram through Puerto Rico statehood before the midterms. I'd love it if the Equal Rights Amendment could be sent through again as well as the People's Rights/Saving American Democracy Amendment.

Hopefully we'd get a SCOTUS decision outlawing voter ID laws too.

Yeah I've always wondered why Puerto Rico isn't considered a state yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom