• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as he wants to be the media will give him free coverage for ratings. Unfortunately, I think we'll be looking at Trump's mug for a long time. :/
Not at all. Once Trump is no longer a presidential candidate he will no longer be as newsworthy. Think about how much we've seen Sanders since the primary. Now imagine even less, as there won't be an election to talk about.

Prediction: If Trump loses the election, no one will admit they voted for him.
Paul Ryan already admitted it lol

Not at all. Once Trump is no longer a presidential candidate he will no longer be as newsworthy. Think about how much we've seen Sanders since the primary. Now imagine even less, as there won't be an election to talk about.

Well, he's going to be in court for Trump U, in court for Trump Foundation, hopefully in court for sexual assault. Newsworthy.

Barzul

Honestly no way Hilary loses every swing state. She's spending way too much money. Even if she loses NC, she'll get FL. Dems are way more organized on a Nat. level. Fucking hell, one more week of nerve wracking to get past.

ZeroRay

In terms of reality, the worst likely scenario would be republican obstructionism during Hillary's entire term.

They'll feel especially justified because they'll see her victory not being a "mandate" since they would still be in hold of congress and use whatever justifications (emails, Benghazi, anything that might pop up) to undermine her.

BadRNG

PPP has to skew pretty young, right? They put Harambe and "a screaming meteor hurtling towards the Earth" as possible picks for president. They've gotta be staffed by young data nerds.
This is what disappoints me most about them not doing any public polls down the stretch. No one else is accounting for the surprise Harambe win in FL anymore.

also; More from PPP:

PublicPolicyPolling ‏@ppppolls 2m2 minutes ago

Every NC poll we've done in the last month has had Clinton up narrowly. She will probably win. If she loses it will be likely be by 1-2 pts

Sorry to bring it back to the wikileaks "dumped" e-mails earlier, but it got me thinking:

At first, a few news sites (NY Post and Fox News, and the alt right ones) said this was proof that they wanted to delete the e-mails. However, anyone in their right mind can see he's referring to exporting the e-mails and sending them to the government. The NY Post story has been changed to "Podesta urged Clinton team to hand over emails after use of private server emerged".

So....it's sorta proof they didn't delete e-mails at the last second in a frenzy, like has been suggested by pretty much everyone in Trump's camp....right?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Oh great one poll for one state.

Why is there not a deluge?

Pollsters want their final poll to be right, because them getting commissioned again depends on it. So they save up all the monies to get extra big sample sizes for their final poll. Standard practice; there's always a dry period in the week immediately preceding.

It has since been deleted, but yay forever internet.

CwNCjFiVUAAnTfp.jpg

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Pollsters want their final poll to be right, because them getting commissioned again depends on it. So they save up all the monies to get extra big sample sizes for their final poll. Standard practice; there's always a dry period in the week immediately preceding.
There are plenty of google consumer surveys and Remington's. How do yo explain DAT, lobsterini

Republicans coming home to the man who wants to exterminate Muslims and put Mexicans in camps just because duplicates of Hillary's emails were found on a computer are legendary people.

Progressives, think about this: Donald Trump is a fascist and Republicans are desperately trying to get him elected just to stop Hillary Clinton. That's how much Republicans dislike Hillary and she has to be doing something right therefore.

Jeels

Trump was in the news all the time during Obama's term for birther nonsense. All he has to do is say something stupid to rile up the right and he's the center of attention again.

Kusagari

Trump being Trump will be even more newsworthy after the election. There won't be a billion things to discuss about the horse race every day so I can easily see media giving him hours of coverage if he decides to continue talking politics.

thefro

Trump was in the news all the time during Obama's term for birther nonsense. All he has to do is say something stupid to rile up the right and he's the center of attention again.

Eh, he'll get attention still but he won't be leading the national news every night or constantly doing rallies/interviews.

Sorry to bring it back to the wikileaks "dumped" e-mails earlier, but it got me thinking:

At first, a few news sites (NY Post and Fox News, and the alt right ones) said this was proof that they wanted to delete the e-mails. However, anyone in their right mind can see he's referring to exporting the e-mails and sending them to the government. The NY Post story has been changed to "Podesta urged Clinton team to hand over emails after use of private server emerged".

So....it's sorta proof they didn't delete e-mails at the last second in a frenzy, like has been suggested by pretty much everyone in Trump's camp....right?

No you see they printed all the emails, put them in a box, and poured bleach all over them.

How hard is that to understand?

Dierce

Republicans coming home to the man who wants to exterminate Muslims and put Mexicans in camps just because duplicates of Hillary's emails were found on a computer are legendary people.

Progressives, think about this: Donald Trump is a fascist and Republicans are desperately trying to get him elected just to stop Hillary Clinton. That's how much Republicans dislike Hillary and she has to be doing something right therefore.

Well, most republican politicians have always been fascists. They admire dictators and strive to be one themselves. It is how they interpret order at any cost.

Emarv

Seriously guys. Give him NC. Hell, give him Florida. HELL, give him GA, NV, Utah, AZ, ME-2, OH, Iowa, etc.

She's not losing WI and she's not gonna lose PA or NH. She's still President.

Zackat

I literally have 4 more work days until the election

It's gonna be tense on each of those days. The manager of my store I'm at, he's a fucking Trump supporter. Oh man, I'm gonna miss the meltdown on Wednesday morning, but man it's gonna be something.
Almost my whole family is Trump supporters or Gary Johnson. They think he will lose though.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Seriously guys. Give him NC. Hell, give him Florida. HELL, give him GA, NV, Utah, AZ, ME-2, OH, Iowa, etc.

Wisconsin is much more likely to turn red than NV, I think.

Nobody is worried she won't be president. They're worried about the Senate and the fact that a landslide victory is needed to humiliate the alt-right and disempower their base.

I want Florida and NC. It's important to me that somebody with no campaign and no resources doesn't beat a candidate as productive and aggressive as Clinton and the dem machine.

What kind of message does it send when Donald "I didn't want to waste the money" Trump wins states as contested as NC and FL without barely lifting a finger?

They're down to +6. It's a good idea to go.

It's pretty much the exactly the margin in 2012. Michael MacDonald is great, but he's lacking the historical context for the Nevada early vote.

She's not going for herself and it's why this is an afterthought after AZ.

jmdajr

Texas Agriculture Commissioner Sid Miller, a Republican statewide office holder, called Hillary Clinton, the Democratic nominee for president, a “c--t” in a tweet Tuesday afternoon. His office said the tweet was a result of a hack.

920x920.jpg

Emarv

Texas Agriculture Commissioner Sid Miller, a Republican statewide office holder, called Hillary Clinton, the Democratic nominee for president, a “c--t” in a tweet Tuesday afternoon. His office said the tweet was a result of a hack.

920x920.jpg

<3 my state

What kind of message does it send when Donald "I didn't want to waste the money" Trump wins states as contested as NC and FL without barely lifting a finger?

It sends that message that, in the 21st century, conducting a campaign over social media, with tons of free exposure, can be as effective as a ground game strategy.

It's not an inherently bad thing to learn, going forward. A future less flawed candidate on both sides could benefit from learning the value in that.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
There are plenty of google consumer surveys and Remington's. How do yo explain DAT, lobsterini

GCS asks non-election questions as well so no reason to bother. They do election stuff for fun basically.

Almost my whole family is Trump supporters or Gary Johnson. They think he will lose though.

Oh my god, talking about trump supporters

So I was in a room next to some managers including the main boss man

And they were talking politics

My direct manager was saying she would go 3rd party, the peace maker party. The boss I mentioned who supports trump, he was like 'don't vote for those communists'.(Unironically saying it)

So then he goes on to say 'So those polls that came out, there not even real polls. There are polls being done where Trump is beating Hillary handedly.' He was trying to convince the other managers there that Trump was going to win. And I'm just sitting there(I was in a position where I could hear them, but was separated by a wall) shaking my head.

It's like....I live in fucking southern california. One of the most liberal places in the US. And there are people delusional enough to believe that it really is rigged and that trumps going to win anyways.

Boy. I want to be a fly in the rooms of every hardcore trump supporter who think he's really going to win. The meltdowns will be glorious.

JDB

Banned

920x920.jpg
It's always a hack, isn't it?

royalan

I've sworn off my near constant monitoring of the news this week. But from what little I've paid attention, it seems like the Comey shit is already starting to simmer down. Pussygate was still at a fever pitch at this stage. Good.

I'm not worried. Just gotta get out there and grind.

Nobody is worried she won't be president. They're worried about the Senate and the fact that a landslide victory is needed to humiliate the alt-right and disempower their base.

I want Florida and NC. It's important to me that somebody with no campaign and no resources doesn't beat a candidate as productive and aggressive as Clinton and the dem machine.

I hate to break it to you, but short of an irreconcilable split in the GOP, waiting for the Silver Tsunami to crash and recede is the only option towards a more sane government. That's 20yrs minimum.

Halting progress is the best that any Democrat can hope for. Luckily, rebalancing the SCOTUS goes a long way towards blunting some of the sharp edges the next couple of decades will present. We'll probably see massive extinctions and masses of climate refugees, so a fascist, authoritarian government may sneak in, but hopefully we will still have the capacity to distill high-proof booze to numb the pain. Sleep well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom