• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dierce

The Bush cabinet wasn't moderate. They started wars we are still in now and cut taxes and regulations that led to the worst recession in modern history.

They were moderate in comparison to the current state of republicans. At best we can hope that they will neo-cons who value nepotism over being discriminatory like the current breed of republican.

Boke1879

I mean this with all possible love, some of y'all need Jesus. Lord. There was not a 7 point swing in NC in two fucking weeks. To pretend otherwise illustrates a lack of understanding of the electorate, demographics and what were seeing on the ground. Seriously. Take a break from this. Lord.

Adam this place is going to be a damn mess. I wasn't here in 2012 in PoliGaf, but man OT was crazy. I agree some people should take a step back.

Also wasn't Farenthold releasing another article today?

Cerium

Isn't it divided on what it wants to do? Like a third want statehood, a third want independence, and a third are fine with hlw it is now?

I think they voted for statehood but now it's up to Congress to act and they won't because Republicans fear the extra two Dem Senators.

BadRNG

Can we just take a moment to remember how good PPP's twitter guy has been this election? Seriously, that social media dude has always been fun and kept it real.
He just tweeted this link from 08 at someone saying they were a better pollster than PPP. They had McCain with 20 points over Obama in September in NC.

Guess they really are just bad at NC polling for some reason,

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
It just sucks because there will be like no other polls. All the other pollsters have gone quiet, including PPP. Are any national pollsters doing a final poll? Maybe this weekend?

Wallach

7 more days folks

once this knuckledragger loses the election I need to see the democrats go on an absolute warpath about the SCOTUS seat

I don't want to see trump in the news cycle for even one additional minute at this point

Early voting in NC is looking really good.

Yep, I was worried a few days ago but things are snapping back quickly to the outcomes that would make a pretty comfy Clinton/Cooper win and keep the Senate race here a nailbiter.

The only way Trump can win here is if entirety of the body of polling about the preferences of white college educated voters is wrong. If that's the case then Hillary's coalition never really existed.

Jeels

7 more days folks

once this knuckledragger loses the election I need to see the democrats go on an absolute warpath about the SCOTUS seat

I don't want to see trump in the news cycle for even one additional minute at this point

As long as he wants to be the media will give him free coverage for ratings. Unfortunately, I think we'll be looking at Trump's mug for a long time. :/

Kangi

Oh great one poll for one state.

Why is there not a deluge?

Well, a high-quality Wisconsin poll will give a good indication on things, at least.

And, of course, if it's a good result maybe we can shut up incessant speculation about internals over recent ad buys.

And if it's a bad result, we might as well die.

Iolo

The only way Trump can win here is if entirety of the body of polling about the preferences of white college educated voters is wrong. If that's the case then Hillary's coalition never really existed.

So, Systemic Polling Error™.

Why did this election have to fall on the latest possible Tuesday in November.

Emarv

Adam this place is going to be a damn mess. I wasn't here in 2012 in PoliGaf, but man OT was crazy. I agree some people should take a step back.

Also wasn't Farenthold releasing another article today?

I've lurked PoliGAF for a long, long time before posting this year and late election season always reminds me of E3 for Gaming side. It's just 90% trash or drive-by posting or hype overload.

I just skim through pages now and wait until next month when I can read you guys arguing about the next budget fight or which Obama WH Press Secretary was best at daily briefings. (It's Gibbs, whether you guys want to accept it or not. He was smarmier)

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Isn't it divided on what it wants to do? Like a third want statehood, a third want independence, and a third are fine with hlw it is now?

The independence movement is very small. A 2012 referendum showed that a 54% majority want change, and of those that want change, statehood is favored over a compact of free assocation by an almost two-to-one margin. Independence was at 5%.

There's $2.5 million in federal funding available to be used for another referendum. I don't know the details on this, but possible a straight yes/no on statehood?

If only I could hibernate for a week.

I literally have 4 more work days until the election

It's gonna be tense on each of those days. The manager of my store I'm at, he's a fucking Trump supporter. Oh man, I'm gonna miss the meltdown on Wednesday morning, but man it's gonna be something.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Can we just take a moment to remember how good PPP's twitter guy/gal has been this election? Seriously, that social media dude/dudette has always been fun and kept it real.

PPP has to skew pretty young, right? They put Harambe and "a screaming meteor hurtling towards the Earth" as possible picks for president. They've gotta be staffed by young data nerds.

Prediction: If Trump loses the election, no one will admit they voted for him.

it's kind of like when a college football team loses a game they shouldn't have and someone brings it up and the loser goes "oh that game never happened!". Everyone laughs and takes another swig of their Diet Racist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom