• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/local-news/214932733-story

She's increased her lead by 1 in Michigan, and since we have decided were no longer using logic in the last 7 days...Guis she is going to win Michigan by 14 cause trendz!

I guess they're going daily until election day. That's something to keep track of.

I'm going to be disappointed if Hillary beats Trump by the same margin as Obama beat Romney. Come on America!

At this point you should be happy with any win at all. I have never seen a candidate have to run against Russian intelligence and the FBI at the same time.

I think the one effect the e-mails MIGHT have had was bring home some depressed GOPers in red states.

Which is bad for Congress. A really bad time for this to happen. It would be nice if another big thing about Trump came out.

What I've learned about 2016 the most is my understanding at how awful the media has been wasn't even fucking close to the reality of how awful the media is. Specifically TV news media.

Just look at this e-mail story. It's literally a nothing story. It should have been a page 7 story on a newspaper.

"During the ongoing investigation of former Congressman Anthony Wiener, some e-mails have been discovered that may or may not have gone through Hillary Clinton's private e-mail server. The FBI is attempting to obtain a warrant to make sure that none of these e-mails contained classified information."

THAT'S THE WHOLE FUCKING STORY. IT IS NOT A BOMBSHELL. IT IS NOTHING RIGHT NOW.

The media plays into the faux alt-right outrage in order to drum up ratings and equivalence. I fucking HATE what the news media has become.

And to go on further, let's think about what those e-mails must be.

Because, first off, nobody has e-mails stored on a computer than I'm aware of. Maybe I'm wrong here but you access e-mail through a server. I can access it from any computer! Any phone! any tablet!

Here's my best guess as to what's going on.

1. Weiner's computer is still logged into his e-mail accounts...probably through outlook. At least one of these accounts received e-mails from Huma...likely forwarded from the Clinton servers. You know, like Hillary forwards an e-mail to Huma about a NYT article and she forwarded it to Weiner since he was her fucking husband and they both worked in politics!

2. Weiner knows Huma's e-mail and PW and has been logging in to read her shit. He's scum who cheats which means he's insecure so it would be right up his alley. In this case, I'm pretty sure all the e-mails were already accounted for by Huma.

There's going to be nothing in these e-mails if you think about this logically. Anthony Weiner isn't storing classified information on her personal laptop from the Clinton Servers. This is such a fantasy thought...fucking fuck.

Fuck the media. I'm so over them.

somedevil

This gif shows the Democratic win percentagte from August until Nov 1:

pEvUXnV.gif

That 538 Nov 1 dip

In many ways, I don't get the 538 dip. I'm not seeing any numbers that is really affected their data in the way it actually is.

in the final week, the results should be solidifying. I mean, their averages with the MoE being so low should be increasing Hillary's likelihood of winning. Even if the race is tightening a bit, which Silver argued might be 1-2 points, the odds of her winning should be going up still.

It's what happened 4 years ago even as some polls went to Romney.

PEC is doing what a model is supposed to do, here.

Anyway, I trust Wang and Linzer a lot more than I'd trust Silver...especially at the amount of statistical mistakes he's made this year in his articles.

NeoXChaos

John HarwoodVerified account
‏@JohnJHarwood
in Senate races, hearing increased Democratic pessimism about Bayh in Indiana and increased Republican pessimism about Blunt in Missouri

posted yet?

I think the one effect the e-mails MIGHT have had was bring home some depressed GOPers in red states.

Which is bad for Congress. A really bad time for this to happen. It would be nice if another big thing about Trump came out.

What I've learned about 2016 the most is my understanding at how awful the media has been wasn't even fucking close to the reality of how awful the media is. Specifically TV news media.

Just look at this e-mail story. It's literally a nothing story. It should have been a page 7 story on a newspaper.

"During the ongoing investigation of former Congressman Anthony Wiener, some e-mails have been discovered that may or may not have gone through Hillary Clinton's private e-mail server. The FBI is attempting to obtain a warrant to make sure that none of these e-mails contained classified information."

THAT'S THE WHOLE FUCKING STORY. IT IS NOT A BOMBSHELL. IT IS NOTHING RIGHT NOW.

The media plays into the faux alt-right outrage in order to drum up ratings and equivalence. I fucking HATE what the news media has become.

And to go on further, let's think about what those e-mails must be.

Because, first off, nobody has e-mails stored on a computer than I'm aware of. Maybe I'm wrong here but you access e-mail through a server. I can access it from any computer! Any phone! any tablet!

Here's my best guess as to what's going on.

1. Weiner's computer is still logged into his e-mail accounts...probably through outlook. At least one of these accounts received e-mails from Huma...likely forwarded from the Clinton servers. You know, like Hillary forwards an e-mail to Huma about a NYT article and she forwarded it to Weiner since he was her fucking husband and they both worked in politics!

2. Weiner knows Huma's e-mail and PW and has been logging in to read her shit. He's scum who cheats which means he's insecure so it would be right up his alley. In this case, I'm pretty sure all the e-mails were already accounted for by Huma.

There's going to be nothing in these e-mails if you think about this logically. Anthony Weiner isn't storing classified information on her personal laptop from the Clinton Servers. This is such a fantasy thought...fucking fuck.

Fuck the media. I'm so over them.
Lost all respect for Anderson Cooper last night.

Two hours of baseless speculation and why this october surprise is bad for Hillary. Not a single fucking peep about Comey's butting into the politics. Nothing. Emails emails emails, its hillary's fault. Even let Kellyanne spew away her fairyland nonsense for 20 minutes with no pushback.

This is what media was looking for. Their normal journalism dictates that both sides get equal coverage. The lopsided coverage of Trump being a sexual predator and blaming victims is now unfavorable in their standards, so this story was a godsend. As if this nothingburger story in any way shape or form is comparable to Trump being a fucking rapist.

Hazmat

This gif shows the Democratic win percentagte from August until Nov 1:

pEvUXnV.gif

That 538 Nov 1 dip

It's like a pitcher losing all confidence after a humiliating defeat (Nate insisting Trump wouldn't win the primary). Now, Trump's up to bat again and Nate's hands are shaking, and the sweat is pouring off his brow.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
While I trust Sam Wang's model the most I do think it can be too bullish at times. According to the NYT, he has Hillary with a 91% chance of winning Maine District 2 when multiple polls have shown Trump ahead there.

I think they are seriously overrating Clinton buying ads in Colorado and other relatively solid blue states because HRC has a big cash advantage including the just announced $12million since FBI announcement.

Yeah, I'm sorry but I find anything less than Clinton winning by at least Obama 08 levels and Dems taking back the Senate to be unacceptable. Especially considering that Trump doesn't even have any GOTV operation.

Trump losing by only 2012 margins would mean that the GOP learns it can literally nominate ANYONE and the deplorables would guarantee not just 30% of the popular vote, but more than 45%.

Trump losing by anything less than a landslide means that every deplorable aspect about Trump and his fanbase gets normalized into mainstream politics.

And Trump losing by anything less than a landslide will mean that the deplorables won't get the message that most of the country is sick of them.

Fuck that. I don't care if there isn't any more oppo. I need a landslide that lets me know that my country isn't in actual danger of electing a deplorable into office in the future.

I expected there to be a big chunk of voters who are nothing but deplorable pieces of shit.

But I assumed, based on 2008, that they wouldn't be literally 45% of the general election voters.

If Trump ends up with more than 45% of the popular vote, I am going to be VERY pissed off at the deplorables that I personally know.

I think this is relatively true. Right now Trump has bad relations with GOP officials which can potentially hurt voting efforts, cut funding of the victory fund, extremely disliked, low funds, no ground game, losing every demographic besides none college educated whites, GOP doing worse than Dems in some early voting states, etc. But Hillary will have about 320 ish EV or roughly the same as Obama in 2012? I'm skeptical of that a lot.

Saying it is because of hyper polarization is not a good argument because it was the same issue for a black man in 2012 . Either there are bad pollings going on, Hillary is a worst candidate than Trump and her campaign is bad, or there is a silent majority that is real and is voting for Trump. I don't think there's evidence in some of those factors like the last two; I still think that she will have a landslide and since that it has been reported that Comey's shenanigans had little effect I don't see how anything has changed since after the third debate. I don't get why people are still crying and flipping out.

Barzul

Political Polls ‏@PpollingNumbers 1m1 minute ago
#Pennsylvania:
Trump 44% (+1)
Clinton 43%
Johnson 3

North Carolina:
Clinton 46%
Trump 46%
Johnson 2

@auto_alliance/@ESAGovAffairs 10/27-31

Ummmm guys? What's with that Pennsylvania number?

Trump's absolute lack of GOTV infrastructure of any type is going to ensure this election is studied for years by political scientists. I expect him to under perform on election day..by how much, who knows, but it'll be discussed and debate for quite some time.

Chill out. Go watch tv. Go read. Have sex. Do something outside of watching Morning Joe, CNN, hand wring, etc. This is not a close election.

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
Texas Agriculture Commissioner Sid Miller, a Republican statewide office holder, called Hillary Clinton, the Democratic nominee for president, a “c--t” in a tweet Tuesday afternoon. His office said the tweet was a result of a hack.

920x920.jpg
"I was hacked!"
lol, sure thing pal.

Trump's absolute lack of GOTV infrastructure of any type is going to ensure this election is studied for years by political scientists. I expect him to under perform on election day..by how much, who knows, but it'll be discussed and debate for quite some time.

Chill out. Go watch tv. Go read. Have sex. Do something outside of watching Morning Joe, CNN, hand wring, etc. This is not a close election.
Watch the Lions play?

Cybit

FGC Waterboy

Seconded. Completely.

Josh Marshall and Kurt Eichenwald are both very interested in today's FBI document drops. They're calling them extremely unusual. They've both questioned why the FBI would be dropping WJC Foundation and Marc Rich documents, while putting out a dossier on Trump's father where he's referred to as a "philanthropist".

Former Dep of Justice top official 2 me re: Trump/Clinton doc releases by FBI just now. "Are we witnessing an attempted coup? Its like USSR"
https://twitter.com/kurteichenwald/status/793560141375438849

Hyperbolic, yes, but very...odd,to say the least. Is this more proof of a civil war in the FBI, or are Comey loyalists fearing they'll be kicked to the curb when/if he goes down, and figure they have nothing to lose by tipping the scales the best they can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom