• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump's absolute lack of GOTV infrastructure of any type is going to ensure this election is studied for years by political scientists. I expect him to under perform on election day..by how much, who knows, but it'll be discussed and debate for quite some time.

Chill out. Go watch tv. Go read. Have sex. Do something outside of watching Morning Joe, CNN, hand wring, etc. This is not a close election.
Is oppo still coming???

Emarv

Where are all these no-name shit pollsters popping up all over the place from. Remington, "auto alliance", etc.

They're skewing everything.
''Tis the season! People are starved for polls so all of the crappy ones are coming out to try and get some last minute attention.

I wish the general public would get more attuned to positions like Railroad commissioner/agricultural commissioner, because those people have so much impact on us, and they just seem like a throw away rae on a ballot. Im ashamed of Miller being commissioner in my state.

Atlagev

Trump's absolute lack of GOTV infrastructure of any type is going to ensure this election is studied for years by political scientists. I expect him to under perform on election day..by how much, who knows, but it'll be discussed and debate for quite some time.

Chill out. Go watch tv. Go read. Have sex. Do something outside of watching Morning Joe, CNN, hand wring, etc. This is not a close election.

I mostly just lurk here, but thank you for your continued level-headed and much-needed reality checks. It is one of the things keeping me sane this election.

I've completely blacked out of TV media as of this weekend and it's been glorious. I recommend everyone else do the same and follow whatever newspaper or online website you like.

Where are all these no-name shit pollsters popping up all over the place from. Remington, "auto alliance", etc.

They're skewing everything.

The GOP has its own radio and TV news empire to fabricate the news they want. They can afford to blow cash on a handful of pollsters.

Some reading while you change your sheets:

Why Polling Swings Are Often Mirages

Although we didn’t find much vote switching, we did notice a different type of change: the willingness of Clinton and Trump supporters to participate in our polls varied by a significant amount depending upon what was happening at the time of the poll: When things are going badly for a candidate, their supporters tend to stop participating in polls.

blackw0lf

Time for a little hopium

https://twitter.com/steveschale/status/793569309255692289

‏@steveschale

Through Mon's votes, share of the FL electorate that is black (African American & Hispanic) is now 11.7%, and growing. 1/

African American share was like 8 when in-person early voting started. 2/

FL Hispanics are now closing in on being 14% of the electorate, driven by huge numbers of low propensity Hispanic Dems/NPA 3/

51% of Hispanic Dems are either first time or 1 of 3 voters, and 57% of Hispanic NPAs. There is definitely a Hispanic surge happening. 4/

It feels like a big portion of Johnson's voters are deciding to fall in line with Trump????

I think it's more likely Johnson voters are now not going to vote (failing LV screen) and some "undecided" Republicans, especially in red states, are coming home.

I've completely blacked out of TV media as of this weekend and it's been glorious. I recommend everyone else do the same and follow whatever newspaper or online website you like.
My plan was to play FFXV last week of election to take the edge off but fucking squeenix ruined everything.

I'm back to replaying Witcher 3. At least Black Mirror on Netflix is fun.

My plan was to play FFXV last week of election to take the edge off but fucking squeenix ruined everything.

I'm back to replaying Witcher 3. At least Black Mirror on Netflix is fun.

The truly difficult question this week will be Start Bravely Second, or Link To The Past.

Popcorn and beer supplies are stocked. Let's do this!

Iolo

Time for a little hopium
@steveschale

Through Mon's votes, share of the FL electorate that is black (African American & Hispanic) is now 11.7%, and growing. 1/

African American share was like 8 when in-person early voting started. 2/

He mentioned earlier that he had HRC winning with AA share at 13% and anything north of that would be a good sign. Hopefully that increase continues.

The truly difficult question this week will be Start Bravely Second, or Link To The Past.

Popcorn and beer supplies are stocked. Let's do this!

A Link to the Past replay might be fun. I was thinking about it the other day.

blackw0lf

He mentioned earlier that he had HRC winning with AA share at 13% and anything north of that would be a good sign. Hopefully that increase continues.

And didn't he have that with also a lower share of the Hispanic vote than is now projected based on early voting?

FFXV sounds like they finally made the game OK, but made it like Witcher 3 without the story-heavy side-quests which is... I mean, I played The Witcher 3 and it's OK, but I might pass.

Especially since there's no children's card games in FFXV :mad:

That was the best part of The Witcher 3 other than the Baron quest line.

Iolo

CwHQx0fWAAImr6j.jpg:small

https://twitter.com/redsteeze/status/793144569466589184

My concern isn't the initial announcement and being able to absorb that, It's more of an issue of 6 more days of negative coverage wearing Clinton's numbers down. Hopefully nothing worthy of new attention comes out and people tune out by Friday and decide on their vote. Like Nicole Wallace was saying, there may only be about 72 hours of the news cycles left in terms of actually changing votes.

Jeff Gauvin ‏@JeffersonObama 3h3 hours ago

#POLLS 11/1 3PM

■REU C+6
■ABC T+1
■SVM C+7
■CNBC C+10
■NOLA C+2
■AP C+14
■PEW C+6
■SU C+9
■DC C+12
■FOX C+5
■QUI C+7
■BLO C+9
■CBS C+9

Get out and vote!

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
I think it's more likely Johnson voters are now not going to vote (failing LV screen) and some "undecided" Republicans, especially in red states, are coming home.

The assumption is like 70% or so of undecideds this year are actually Republicans mad at their party.

FFXV sounds like they finally made the game OK, but made it like Witcher 3 without the story-heavy side-quests which is... I mean, I played The Witcher 3 and it's OK, but I might pass.

Especially since there's no children's card games in FFXV :mad:

That was the best part of The Witcher 3 other than the Baron quest line.
Bloody Baron quest was the highlight. If you liked it, get Hearts of Stone DLC. Its a very unnerving, haunting story.

But thats not to say the rest of the game was a disappointment. The Ladies of the Woods subplot was creepy af. Characters were well rounded. Even the Witcher quests, like Tower Outta Nowhere and that quest about that guy in Skellige that kept mutilating himself, those were almost as good as Baron quest. It kind flatlined the last 1/4th of the game as the main enemies turn out to be generic evil dudes. The Crones were much better antagonists.

Blader

While I trust Sam Wang's model the most I do think it can be too bullish at times. According to the NYT, he has Hillary with a 91% chance of winning Maine District 2 when multiple polls have shown Trump ahead there.

Hillary was leading ME-2 in the most recent poll there, no?

It's like a pitcher losing all confidence after a humiliating defeat (Nate insisting Trump wouldn't win the primary). Now, Trump's up to bat again and Nate's hands are shaking, and the sweat is pouring off his brow.
The funny thing is Nate's model did predict a Trump win.

Like bro, you should take that as redemption! Your gut told you "No way, that can't be right" and it was still validated.

Of course, when Nate's gut was saying "No way, that can't be right," Nate's mouth (or his fingers via Twitter, rather) was saying (paraphrased) "You're all fucking idiots if you don't think Rubio will win" so he has more crow to eat I guess.

So, funny thing about the Auto Alliance poll that Cunty McCuntface from Texas tweeted: that same pollster showing a +6 for Clinton in OH

#Ohio:
Clinton 47% (+6)
Trump 41%
Johnson 4%

#Nevada:
Clinton 44% (+4)
Trump 40%
Johnson 8

@auto_alliance/@ESAGovAffairs 10/27-31

When did crap-tier pollsters proliferate in this country?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom