• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill Weld is a nice guy. I don't know his personal politics, but he seems like a decent human being. He called Hillary a person of "high moral character" and that she is super competent and qualified. He is a decent fellow.

Republican governor with a good administrative record in a solidly blue state.

Solid guy. Don't agree with many of his views but he'd have made a fine executive. Unlike the buffoon at the top of his ticket.

He also just said something I've waited to hear for a while

"I'm here vouching for Hillary Clinton, and I think it's high time someone did."

Sounds like the reporting he was considering dropping out if they thought they would cost her the election was actually correct.

There's some polling showing that Trump's benefiting from their drop in support too.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Bill Weld would have been a very dangerous Republican candidate.

Basically a more likable version of Mitt Romney with fewer downsides.

Bill Weld would have been a very dangerous Republican candidate.

Basically a more likable version of Mitt Romney with fewer downsides.

If we got the Mitt Romney that ran Massachusetts instead of the Mittens that had to pander to this god forsaken base, it wouldn't have been a disaster.

Sure, he's out of touch and supports suspect economic policies, but at least he's a capable executive who runs a tight ship.

48/40 for Clinton in Florida

cOiSwFi.gif

I sort of have semi insider information from sort of higher up Republicans in a supposed swing state. What's the protocol on me posting stuff like that, or PMing someone to do it for me so it doesn't trace a directly back to me? It is nothing major, but it suggests a senate race and a state Democrats were hoping to win are now out of reach thanks to the Comey stuff. Nothing really crucial because it was never in Clinton's path to 270, but it would have been a nice feather in the cap. Anyone has any questions on it, I can PM, but I'd rather do it privately.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Turns out Trump's Cuba business story from a month or two ago could be the difference in the state.

Grexeno

I sort of have semi insider information from sort of higher up Republicans in a supposed swing state. What's the protocol on me posting stuff like that, or PMing someone to do it for me so it doesn't trace a directly back to me? It is nothing major, but it suggests a senate race and a state Democrats were hoping to win are now out of reach thanks to the Comey stuff. Nothing really crucial because it was never in Clinton's path to 270, but it would have been a nice feather in the cap.
Talk to a mod directly first.

This is why we should take the voter breakdown by party a lot more suspiciously this time around. Clinton could be up a lot more than we think in early voting especially in Latino heavy states. She might have an even greater lead than we think in Nevada for instance.

One downside is he is saying many of these people split the ticket and voted for rubio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom