• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to dampen the mood:

Gotta agree with Steve here. Though there's no way to know until the day of what those Republicans are doing.

I've been saying 4 for a long time and I still think that will hold up.

I would be surprised if it's less than 1% again.

Just donated again damn it. The emails have gotten to me...

See, this is why Democrats are the worst. If there was a poll showing Trump up by 2, they'd be screaming MAGA and all that shit.

Dems have to fucking wave it away because we are never happy.

I agree she's not ahead by 8, but, I'm willing to entertain some of their early voting sample

Again, with so little polling, it's hard to say. We don't have a deluge of polling to tell us where the race in Florida probably is!

Boke1879

Yea we'll see how many GOP voters cross over and vote for Hillary on election day, but I would not be shocked if a lot of them are women.

Barzul

Nah winning 28% of Republicans is ridiculous, that's a guaranteed win. A slam dunk. If that number is true, even depressed turn out still means a win for Hilary. This has really put me at ease a bit. I know 8% isn't realistic but that's not the number I'm really focused on.

Mega Cohn throwing shade at the poll

David Rothschild ‏@DavMicRot 41s41 seconds ago
(1) reasonable method, but a hybrid/untested method (2) 28% GOP cross-over is from registered voters, not identified voters, so not crazy

jonjonaug

See, this is why Democrats are the worst. If there was a poll showing Trump up by 2, they'd be screaming MAGA and all that shit.

Dems have to fucking wave it away because we are never happy.

I agree she's not ahead by 8, but, I'm willing to entertain some of their early voting sample

Damn libs and their liking of hard evidence.

Amir0x

Banned
hhaha if she wins Florida by eight this election is gonna be a hilarious landslide. I think she slides by in two points.

So anyone can call up the state and find out if I voted? That's kind of creepy and seems wrong, no?

It's actually really important for transparency. I can make a CSV file of all 108 people who voted in my precinct in 2012. I can contact them and ask them if they actually voted. If there's a precinct that gets zero votes for Hillary, election fraud could be signaled if someone in that precinct disputes it, for example. Note that while the Romney camp liked to claim that precincts that gave him zero votes in Cleveland and Philly meant something is fishy, not one voter for Romney came forward from one of those precincts.

Go check out your county's Board of Election web page, see what data you can pull.

Bush in 2000 got over 300,000 Democrats to vote for him, and is one of the main reasons he won that year.

So it's not unprecedented in Florida for a large block of one party to vote for the other for president.

jtb

Banned
how did we end up having to choose between Grayson and Murphy for Florida senate this year? sad.

couldn't we have just wheeled out crist for another run?

I think there are plenty of Republicans that don't see Trump as a Republican but to go as far as voting for Hillary, that is a big step. If that number is accurate, that has to be terrifying for the GOP beyond this election. Their party has disenfranchised them to the point of voting for a Democratic Presidential candidate in these partisan times. They may not full come back on board.

Now we just need to worry about all those Stein supporters she inspired to vote Trump!

Bill Weld is a nice guy. I don't know his personal politics, but he seems like a decent human being. He called Hillary a person of "high moral character" and that she is super competent and qualified. He is a decent fellow.

He also is a good man who rightfully ratted out a corrupt Attorney General back in the 80s.

I REALLY want Hillary or Obama to give Weld the FBI director position after Comey inevitably vacates that position.

Is he saying that the 28% is legit?

Nate Cohn ‏@Nate_Cohn 4m4 minutes ago Washington, DC
Clinton's not winning 28% of registered Republican early voters in Florida. Just saying.

Nate Cohn ‏@Nate_Cohn 2m2 minutes ago Washington, DC
Across the five Upshot/Siena polls of NC/FL/PA, Trump led 79 to 9 percent among registered Republicans. Margin was 80-8 percent in Florida.

Not to dampen the mood:

Gotta agree with Steve here. Though there's no way to know until the day of what those Republicans are doing.

Word. If we reject an outlier poll showing Trump up +1 nationally, we shouldn't get our panties wet over an outlier showing HRC up +8 in Florida. This isn't over until that Cheeto-covered shit is shamed into seclusion on November 9th.

With that share of Republicans how is she only up 8?

I'm guessing either RV/LV shenanigans or... and I feel a little dirty saying this in a serious context... shy Clinton voters. It's one thing to pull the lever in the box, it's another to say you're going to pull the lever where your family & whatnot can hear.

ed: or, in a more likely outcome, the poll is faulty.

Thanks, Nate Cohn. Thanks for stomping on my dreams.

Clinton's not winning 28% of registered Republican early voters in Florida. Just saying.

Across the five Upshot/Siena polls of NC/FL/PA, Trump led 79 to 9 percent among registered Republicans. Margin was 80-8 percent in Florida.

yeah, But Upshot also had that completely ridiculous Trump +4 result in FL so...

jtb

Banned
Probably posted already but... yeesh

@ForecasterEnten
From month before election to 9 days before it, we had 80 live interview polls in 2012 in 10 states closest to national vote. In 2016? 36.

I guess it really just comes to that for a lot of people.

of course it is.

Clinton is vastly more qualified for the office in every way one could possibly articulate- but there is still no shortage of people who will not vote for her because they "just don't trust her."

most people are voting for class president, not leader of the free world.

This is assuming that folks who vote early break down consistently compared to the general electorate.

Again, 28% seems far fetched, but not so far fetched that Hill is significantly outperforming that 80-8 split Nate's referencing.

Diablos

Bill on the trail: "Maybe you got to be a 70 year old white southerner to know what Make America Great Again really means. I know what it means."

Lol that was good. Vintage Bill even at his old age.

Miles X

Florida back to being slightly blue on 358.

Florida, North Carolina, Nevada, Arizon, Ohio and Iowa look like the 6 states to watch, but even if Trump wins all those, he still falls short of 270. (just).

yeah, But Upshot also had that completely ridiculous Trump +4 result in FL so...

The partisan split he mentioned is pretty standard and in keeping with historical norms. Trump was wavering in some polling this cycle but I can't imagine it would be by much (though it wouldn't have to).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom