• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meanwhile Trump gets completely dumpstered by this MSU poll in MI:

http://msutoday.msu.edu/news/2016/clinton-winning-michigan-easily/

Clinton: 47
Trump : 28
Aleppo: 11
Wifi: 4

Note-long polling interval here and I don't think Trump is down 20, but he's not down one either. Still the right call to make a play in the state because NC is very likely gone.

The quarterly survey interviewed 886 adults, 746 of them likely voters, producing a margin of error of 3.3 percent among all respondents and 3.6 percent among likely voters. The survey was conducted Sept. 1-Oct 30 over cell phones and landlines.

Zukkoyaki

Another reminder with a Wisconsin poll imminent that it's still one poll and that Clinton is still up 6-7 points in the aggregate. Also Marquette gets swingy at times. Keep bedwetting to a minimum regardless of result, please ^_^

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
Yeah MI polling was completely wrong, but no way Detroit lets Trump win Michigan.

Yeah I saw that one, two months (!!!!) on the field though.

I was more referring to the hilarious hour or so during the Michigan primary when Poligaf was collectively posting "Detroit isn't in yet" page after page.

Teggy

J6B0KA.png

There are a lot of Trump family members out, so this is a little misleading. Lara, Ivanka and Tiffany are all in separate places. One of the generals as well. Maybe not as big draws.

The media needs to think about what's best for our country for once and actively try to prevent a Trump presidency by going over the negative stories about him over and over instead of this email bullshit.

Kusagari

Exit polls had Romney significantly winning Independents in NC.

If Hillary is winning them, let alone by +12, that is horrible for Trump.

4 Q state polls today (it's still Q though)

Quinnipiac Poll ‏@QuinnipiacPoll 3m3 minutes ago
Peter Brown & Tim Malloy to discuss #Florida #NorthCarolina #Ohio #Pennsylvania #SwingState poll on 2016 pres race, Wed 3pm #Election2016

I was more referring to the hilarious hour or so during the Michigan primary when Poligaf was collectively posting "Detroit isn't in yet" page after page.

Oh I missed that.

BSsBrolly

Banned
If Hillary wins NC, FL, or OH, it's gonna be an early night. If she loses all three, it comes down to CO and NM/NV. That would be a long, stress inducing night...

lol @ those nevada numbers. with the EV numbers released on a daily basis, how does any reputable firm put out garabge like that?

Wilsongt

The media needs to think about what's best for our country for once and actively try to prevent a Trump presidency by going over the negative stories about him over and over instead of this email bullshit.

Why? Media isn't supposed to be biased. Wouldn't want to be attacked and critized for reporting on faux scandals when there are emails about weiners to discuss.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
The NV polling makes zero sense given the EV. So weird. How do these guys repeatedly get such variance in this state?

Revolver

There are a lot of Trump family members out, so this is a little misleading. Lara, Ivanka and Tiffany are all in separate places. One of the generals as well. Maybe not as big draws.

Where's Melania? Isn't Trump supposed to throw her out there?

Wiz

Was reading an NPR article about how many paths the Democrats have to the senate - http://www.npr.org/2016/11/01/50024...a-democratic-senate-looks-increasingly-likely

Was thinking, how would you guys rank the 10 battlegrounds from most likely pickups by Dems to least?

They have it as : IL > WI > PA > MO > IN > NH > NC > NV > FL > AZ

(I bolded the minimum needed for Senate majority if Clinton is president.)

I would put NH and NC above IN. I don't feel too good about that race. Rest seems reasonable.

Grief.exe

Well these CNN polls are confusing.

Nevada poll from CNN is a bummer and PA is kinda close. Otherwise looks ok.

Shitty NV polling strikes again.

Losing Nevada (by 6 lol) but winning PA and FL (by 2 points)

Nevada is historically difficult to poll.

Harry Reid was laughing a couple months ago when a journalist was citing his Democratic replacement losing in the polls.

Does CNN give data on their polling demographics? Latino and Hispanic numbers specifically. It just seems odd that Nevada is so different from EV signs, and I'm wondering if that would affect Arizona numbers as well.

CNN Senate:

All four of these states also have senate seats up for grabs this year, three of the four are incredibly close contests. In Florida, Marco Rubio's once wide lead over Patrick Murphy has evaporated, and the race is now a 1-point contest, 49% back Rubio, 48% Murphy. The Nevada race to replace the Senate's top Democrat Harry Reid has swung back toward Republican Joe Heck, but here too the race is within margin of error, with Heck at 49% to Catherine Cortez Masto's 47%. The margin widens slightly in Pennsylvania, where Republican incumbent Pat Toomey lags behind challenger Katie McGinty by 5 points. In Arizona, John McCain holds a wide lead over challenger Ann Kirkpatrick, topping her 52% to 39%.
The CNN/ORC polls were conducted by telephone Oct. 27-Nov. 1. Results reflect interviews with 867 registered voters and 769 likely voters in Arizona, 884 registered voters and 773 likely voters in Florida, 860 registered voters and 790 likely voters in Nevada and 917 registered voters and 799 likely voters in Pennsylvania. Results among likely voters have a margin of sampling error of 3.5 percentage points in each state.

MURPHY IS ALIVEEEEEEE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom