• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

My takeaway from analyst reactions is CO/NC/NV have very favorable numbers from early voting. Florida is close, but also favors Clinton.

Remember, Ralston said Trump will need to rally his base by 90%+ AND win 20% of Independent vote in order to overcome deficit in Nevada. Thats impossible x 2. And it's only going to get worse because we still have a few days of early voting.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Sometimes I think PoliGAF is resembling Trump supporters too much when it trashes polls it doesn't like.

Not that I'm defending the polls here, as it looks like at least half of them are wrong this year when you look at the differences between them and see all the differences outside the margin of error... but without very clear criticisms of methodology and sampling I find it hard to dismiss any particular poll.

I can dismiss the LA Times Poll because they are implementing very extreme weighting on groups with statistically insignificant samples (looking at you, the two young black guys in their sample), but other polls? Can't really say.

I do think, looking at the aggregate, this is tentatively true. Though again, we don't have a ton of polling:

@ForcasterEnten: There have been a LOT of bad polls for Pat Toomey lately. That race, I think, is getting away from him.

I'm fairly confident we'll win all of NV, CO, PA, IL, and WI. We just need one more.

]Sometimes I think PoliGAF is resembling Trump supporters too much when it trashes polls it doesn't like.
[/B]
Not that I'm defending the polls here, as it looks like at least half of them are wrong this year when you look at the differences between them and see all the differences outside the margin of error... but without very clear criticisms of methodology and sampling I find it hard to dismiss any particular poll.

I can dismiss the LA Times Poll because they are implementing very extreme weighting on groups with statistically insignificant samples (looking at you, the two young black guys in their sample), but other polls? Can't really say.

Hmmm

Toomey hasn't lead a poll in Pennsylvania in weeks, he's going to lose to McGinty despite McGinty not really being a good politician at all so that's something at least?

Barzul

I do think, looking at the aggregate, this is tentatively true. Though again, we don't have a ton of polling:

I'm fairly confident we'll win all of NV, CO, PA, IL, and WI. We just need one more.

Probably gonna end up being MO with Kander. Hope he can actually pull it off.

lyrick

The analytical part of me wants to simply trust the polls. There's data there use it.

My issue is some of these polls really don't sit right with my preconceived notions of the existing electorates in these states.

How do I get past the "feels" and correctly utilize the data presented?

Kimawolf

Probably gonna end up being MO with Kander. Hope he can actually pull it off.
I th8kk Kander has it. He is not running as a super liberal and his gun stunt, combined with blunts lobbyist family i think have him over tbe edge. I know ill be voting for him.

I have a hard time imagining what kind of anti Trump oppo would even matter at this point. It would have to be truly huge. Otherwise the media will just brush it aside and continue to talk about the email non-news.

And something that huge, I'd imagine would have dropped or leaked earlier. I think this is it.

mstevens

The bet wetter in me is noticing that poligaf finds ways to dismiss any polls that don't fit the Clinton is a lock narrative.

Boke1879

I can believe that FL number. Whoever wins the state probably does by 2 points.

But doesn't that NV go against everything we're seeing in early voting there?

Amir0x

Banned
The bet wetter in me is noticing that poligaf finds ways to dismiss any polls that don't fit the Clinton is a lock narrative.

I'm sure some do that, but individual polls don't matter. Look at the aggregates. When we do it, we see the reality. And it's not close.

Clinton has this on lock, and Sam Wang's 99% win probability is correct. There's no doubt at all. The only question is if we will get the Senate.

Tall4Life

I have a hard time imagining what kind of anti Trump oppo would even matter at this point. It would have to be truly huge. Otherwise the media will just brush it aside and continue to talk about the email non-news.

And something that huge, I'd imagine would have dropped or leaked earlier. I think this is it.
I just want the oppo for my own satisfaction at this point, really

Chris R

I'm trying to listen to local talk radio.

How the fuck do people do this every single day? Caller after caller after caller, all parroting the same tired and easy to disprove point of the host, peppered with a SHITLOAD of terribly produced local ads.

Gonna try to make it to the top of the hour but I'll probably be firing up spotify before then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom