• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bets on what miraculous anti-Clinton oppo will come out of nowhere on Friday?

Also, still peeved about how CNN is treating Huma. I guess that's always the case, huh? Political wives always have to be held accountable for their husband's actions.

Hmm that sounds familiar.

Also lol at pundits thinking Hillary is going too negative against Trump's "positivity".

Grief.exe

has Trump been still going on about rigged elections and bad polls since things have tightened a bit in the past week?

No. He has always moved to poll discussion when he is doing decently and back to rigged whenever he is losing. Precedent goes all the way back to the first vote in Iowa.

Right Side Broadcasting live on youtube asking what people like about Trump and dislike about Clinton. To a man they all say the like Trump because he's honest and sincere. Hillary not so much because SHE LIES.

They're also worried they won't have enough real voters to overcome the fraud. God help us.

I love a scared and paranoid GOP base. It's why they nominate numpties like Angle, Akin and Trump. The more bug-fuck insane they are, the easier it is to tempt educated suburban soft GOP voters to either stay home, or vote Dem, occasionally.

Also, still peeved about how CNN is treating Huma. I guess that's always the case, huh? Political wives always have to be held accountable for their husband's actions.

Also lol at pundits thinking Hillary is going too negative against Trump's "positivity".

In this case they're even blaming Clinton for Anthony Weiner's bs too. Ridiculous.

jehuty

No way Clinton or Feingold lose in a presidential election year in Wisconsin. Don't underestimate how determined liberal/progressive sconnies can be when turning out to vote, and getting others to vote. If the governor election was held in a presidential election year, Scott walker would be toast. The GOP know this, hence their push in the state for that voter I.D nonsense. Wisconsin is safely blue guys, worry about Arizona or Ohio.

BadRNG

Anyone watching the stream where they revealed the WI numbers? Did I hear that right just now, the guy said that among early voters Clinton has massive 60 to 25 lead? If so the margin could be even bigger in the end right, if they don't get their voters out on election day.

He also said the FBI thing hasn't changed much, confirming the other polls about that.

Slayven

Personally i think unless it is video of her eating a live baby, any Oppo will be meaning less

Sadly that goes for Trump too

I think most people are locked and loaded

pigeon

Banned
I figured that the difference in ground game would create an extra 3-point gap that the polls aren't currently reading. You think it'll be more?

A little more. I expect Clinton +10, basically. Private polls are saying +6 nationally according to Twitter, so +4 gets her to double digits.

I guess my approximate vote targets are like:

Hillary 52
Trump 42
Johnson 4
Stein/Mickey 2

Wilsongt

has Trump been still going on about rigged elections and bad polls since things have tightened a bit in the past week?

Donald J. Trump
Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump

Crooked Hillary Clinton deleted 33,000 e-mails AFTER they were subpoenaed by the United States Congress. Guilty - cannot run. Rigged system!
Nov 2, 2016, 8:47 AM

Yep

No way Clinton or Feingold lose in a presidential election year in Wisconsin. Don't underestimate how determined liberal/progressive sconnies can be when turning out to vote, and getting others to vote. If the governor election was held in a presidential election year, Scott walker would be toast. The GOP know this, hence their push in the state for that voter I.D nonsense. Wisconsin is safely blue guys, worry about Arizona or Ohio.

Agreed, Feingold wins. While I still think dems take the senate I can't help but be worried about Indiana. That was considered a sure fire pickup, like Wisconsin and Illinois. Now...ehh.

Hillary winning without the senate would be a disaster.

Grym

Anyone watching the stream where they revealed the WI numbers? Did I hear that right just now, the guy said that among early voters Clinton has massive 60 to 25 lead? If so the margin could be even bigger in the end right, if they don't get their voters out on election day.

He also said the FBI thing hasn't changed much, confirming the other polls about that.
MULawPoll ‏@MULawPoll 11m11 minutes ago
Among early voters, 64% for Clinton, 25% for Trump. In Senate race, 58% for Feingold, 29% for Johnson

Donald J. Trump
Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump

Crooked Hillary Clinton deleted 33,000 e-mails AFTER they were subpoenaed by the United States Congress. Guilty - cannot run. Rigged system!
Nov 2, 2016, 8:47 AM

Yep

this tweet being from today and not 6 months ago kinda surprised me.
same ol same ol

Agreed, Feingold wins. While I still think dems take the senate I can't help but be worried about Indiana. That was considered a sure fire pickup, like Wisconsin and Illinois. Now...ehh.

I think what worries me is that it would put a lot of the onus on Hassan, Kander, and Ross to win when I'm not really sure about any of those at this point.

CCS

Banned
On election night, you guys all need to get on my level:

Getting home from work 2PM EST.
Get my crate of beer out.
Order pizza from the amazing Italian place around the corner.
BBC on the TV, MSNBC/FOX (for the salt) on one laptop, Twitter/GAF/Discord on the other
Up all night
Sleep during my day off the next day

Cybit

FGC Waterboy

Bayh has been a terrible candidate. It's been appalling to watch him; and he has pretty much no one else besides himself to blame for what he did after he left in 2010.

I still wish we'd have drafted the South Bend mayor into a US Rep position and then have him go for the Senate. Our bench is pretty weak, unfortunately.

That said, I think we're getting Kander.

Jeremy Bird ‏@jeremybird 24m24 minutes ago
More NC EV: Over past 3 days, 110K African Americans have voted in-person. 10% more than equivalent period in '12. #TurnNCBlue

Now that polling places are open in places where black people live, their vote share is catching up to 2012.

Miles X

BBC on the TV, MSNBC/FOX (for the salt) on one laptop, Twitter/GAF/Discord on the other
Up all night

Needs more snacks.

I'm so glad I have the next day off.

Zukkoyaki

Looks like we've weathered the storm of uncertainty everyone. Though we still have the barrage of final national polls to come. We just need to keep in mind that internal polls from Dems, Reps and Non-partisans are implying a 4-6 point national lead for Clinton.

Pyrokai

Up all night

This sounds......amazing.

Except I'm going to be getting people out to vote during the day because I don't have the luxury of living in a nonswing state! 0-o

Grief.exe

A little more. I expect Clinton +10, basically. Private polls are saying +6 nationally according to Twitter, so +4 gets her to double digits.

I guess my approximate vote targets are like:

Hillary 52
Trump 42
Johnson 4
Stein/Mickey 2

It wouldn't mean much in practical governance terms as the GOP will treat a Clinton presidency the same either way, but it means a lot to be able to say she secured the majority of the electorate.

What the fuck is wrong with the media? Are they all back to kissing orange turd's ass?

I hate to dredge down into conspiracy land, but it makes me think they want Trump more because of the ratings windfall he's been for them this year. Fuck our media.

I wish Vice News Tonight were longer, here's hoping it'll blow up, ratings-wise. It's a great way to do a daily news show. It's on HBO btw.

Teggy

MULawPoll
‏@MULawPoll
On Weds and Thurs, 47% favored Clinton, 36% Trump. On Fri, Trump 48%, Clinton 40%. Sat-Mon, Clinton 46%, Trump 40%. #mulawpoll

I just can't buy that people are really this fickle.

I pulled early voting data for my county in Ohio (Hamilton county, Cincinnati) and crunched the numbers

Code:
Party   Requested % of Req   Returned % OF Ret   Ret %
-----   --------- --------   -------- --------   -------
NON      46,131    43.88%    29,516    38.93%     64%
REP      32,595    31.00%    24,788    32.70%     76%
DEM      26,300    25.02%    21,428    28.27%     81%
GRE          76     0.07%        57     0.08%     75%
LIB          28     0.03%        20     0.03%     71%

Total:  105,130              75,809

I don't have the data to compare to 2012 yet. Trying to get it but not straightforward because of weird Party ID in Ohio.

FYI Obama won by around 3% here in 2012.

I was able to get data on returned ballots this year versus same number of days out in 2012.

Code:
Party 2012 Ret   2016 Ret  Pct Chg
NON    27,231     29,516      8%
REP    20,701     24,788     20%
DEM    19,512     21,428     10%
GRE        60         57     -5%
LIB        23         20    -13%

I think final voting percentage will be around

Clinton: 50.5
Trump: 46
Aleppo: 2.5
Wifi: .5
Other: .5

It will be close to Obama 2012 with potential to have a larger gap. EVs may shift around while still maintaining roughly the same voting total.

I keep telling myself to stay away from this thread, but I have low willpower at work when I'm bored.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom